[1.4.*] [2.5.3] (2018-04-06) UbioZur Welding Ltd. Continued

girka2k

So its not the weld but the change to the parts that breaks things?  Is there any way other than redoing the welds, any file editing?  The reason I ask is I have a few welded pieces that are key parts of stations and large spacecraft that are in flight, and losing them on loading the game would blow up my career game.  I'm still on 1.2.2, but all my key mods have finally 1.3.0 updated (or can be managed with file editing), except for this problem.

I'd hate to start over from scratch yet again.

36 minutes ago, Murdabenne said:

So its not the weld but the change to the parts that breaks things?  Is there any way other than redoing the welds, any file editing?  The reason I ask is I have a few welded pieces that are key parts of stations and large spacecraft that are in flight, and losing them on loading the game would blow up my career game.  I'm still on 1.2.2, but all my key mods have finally 1.3.0 updated (or can be managed with file editing), except for this problem.

I'd hate to start over from scratch yet again.

Keep the mods on the old version, that will not break stuff.
Since the weldments are onle referencing the parts of the other mods, it would require a lot of manual editing.

7 hours ago, Alteroz said:

:( don't know if its caused by new version of ksp but i cant weld more than 200 parts, more crashes the game :(.

In theory the mod can handle an unlimited amount of parts.
Crashing the game sounds more like you do not have enough RAM.

13 minutes ago, Alewx said:

In theory the mod can handle an unlimited amount of parts.
Crashing the game sounds more like you do not have enough RAM.

Well, i was building craft for Matchlight for trailer and it had 1700 parts, and my game crashed without mods, and i have 16 gb ddr4.

1 minute ago, Alteroz said:

Well, i was building craft for Matchlight for trailer and it had 1700 parts, and my game crashed without mods, and i have 16 gb ddr4.

I think you can see my signature, right?

1 minute ago, Alewx said:

Thanks but that is not one where a Crash happend due to the welding.

But I saw that your contractsapp mod seems to have a Problem.

Huh, weird, what is the problem?

25 minutes ago, Alteroz said:

Huh, weird, what is the problem?

the contracts app, is havinga  null pointer exception.

But about welding there is no Report in that log.

On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 1:10 PM, Alewx said:

Ubiowelding can not break the game.

The Moment where you ppl update the mods and the parts, break the weldments and therefore the game. You have to reweld everytime a new version of the game comes out and someone updates the parts.

No aimated parts still do not work, because the module that handles the antimation is not designed to handle multiple models at the same time.

And no I can not fix that.

Writing the iva merge was a pain, so no there is no easy fix for it.

But good news I found a bit of time to hopefully fix the welded meshswitch with empty entries.

I never said the "mod" broke the game, the welded parts break the game. I installed UBIWeld "AFTER"... let me state again.... AFTER the 1.3 update. Every time I create a welded part (simple weld like two fuel tanks) the game crashes when I try to reload.

FYI... 16gig DDR4, i7 at 4.3ghz, GTX 980 Ti, Win8.1 64bit

15 minutes ago, Weywot8 said:

Any chance of a backported 1.2.2 version of the fix? Still waiting for some planet packs to make the leap to 1.3.

You can fork and recompile it simply against 1.2.2 it does look like not much changed for welding in the two versions.

• 3 weeks later...

Is there any way to disable Body lift on welded parts? I'm trying to use part welder to circumvent a bug with KSP's aero that keeps randomly sending my craft in an equally random direction because the poor body lift can't handle my crafts reasonable design :mad:

9 hours ago, Bloojay said:

Is there any way to disable Body lift on welded parts? I'm trying to use part welder to circumvent a bug with KSP's aero that keeps randomly sending my craft in an equally random direction because the poor body lift can't handle my crafts reasonable design :mad:

Sorry nope currently not possible.
you have to edit the weldment afterwards.

1 hour ago, Alewx said:

Sorry nope currently not possible.
you have to edit the weldment afterwards.

Yeah that's what I mean, and there doesn't appear to be a convenient "Turn Off body lift" button anywhere in the weldament file. I've even set the Aero model from "Default" to "none" after some snooping around how to edit part config files, and it didn't really do anything.