[1.4.*] [2.5.3] (2018-04-06) UbioZur Welding Ltd. Continued

girka2k

Patiently awaiting the repair of the partwelder.....

I have been able to get most of my welding done in .90 and copy the parts over to the 1.02 instance but... still not like having the real thing working.

Bring your snacks and your thinking caps to the Kerbal Fleet Command

Weekday streams 2PM-4PM PST

http://www.twitch.tv/trigenome

Can't wait for this to get 1.0 compatible. Really want to get my KSPI Jool Antimatter farm back down from 200 parts to around 35.. like I had it in 0.9!

JAMF + Deliver warp tug

screenshot17.png

I'll be over here cheering you on.

~Steve

Patiently awaiting the repair of the partwelder.....

I have been able to get most of my welding done in .90 and copy the parts over to the 1.02 instance but... still not like having the real thing working.

Bring your snacks and your thinking caps to the Kerbal Fleet Command

Weekday streams 2PM-4PM PST

http://www.twitch.tv/trigenome

Are there "safe guesses" which parts can be welded and copied from .90 to 1.0?

Would like to give my support to the ones reworking this great mod to 1.0.x, keep it up!

I'm patiently waiting the 1.0.3 compatible release and in the meantime I'm sticking with my old career in 0.9 and mocking around in 1.0 sandbox.

Impressive Construction.

It's easy with Welding! And my PC prefers keeping local space part count around 250 or less!

Although getting that 600+ tons into orbit to link up with the 2.5m warp tug was a REAL pain in the ass. That lifter was EXPENSIVE!!

screenshot14.png

I made damn sure to land it at KSC for my 98% refund!

~Steve

Are there "safe guesses" which parts can be welded and copied from .90 to 1.0?

looks at first glance like parts that were added before the nasa redirect mission, so no huge tanks or new parts, but i haven't extensively searched for a pattern.

looks at first glance like parts that were added before the nasa redirect mission, so no huge tanks or new parts, but i haven't extensively searched for a pattern.

Damnit, I'd love to build myself a huge refueling station with those NASA-tanks... hrmpf.

Even the newer ones (NASA pack) should be usable in welding, but you will need to search/replace the URL in the MODEL{} node to point to the updated model location. So, not exactly drag-and-drop, but I believe they should work after the changes (Have not yet gotten around to transferring my welded parts yet, though it is looking more likely that I will be doing it over the weekend... will post up any details/issues that I find).

Even the newer ones (NASA pack) should be usable in welding, but you will need to search/replace the URL in the MODEL{} node to point to the updated model location. So, not exactly drag-and-drop, but I believe they should work after the changes (Have not yet gotten around to transferring my welded parts yet, though it is looking more likely that I will be doing it over the weekend... will post up any details/issues that I find).

I would highly appreciate that. No need to rush it on my part, haven't unlocked them yet anyway, and it WILL take time :D

Hmmm....can you point me to this elusive Model node for changing the model location. I've been trying for days to port my .90 welds using NASA parts an can't figure out for the life of me how to get those parts visible with the new locations they have in 1.0.

Greatly appreciated in advance!!!

I have a question.

The caution says "this mod couldn`t weld P-Parts" means

1. it just couldn`t weld it automatically, but you can hand-modify the cfg to make it work

2. it couldn`t weld it anyway, you can`t even hand-modify it.

which one is true?

It's easy with Welding! And my PC prefers keeping local space part count around 250 or less!

Although getting that 600+ tons into orbit to link up with the 2.5m warp tug was a REAL pain in the ass. That lifter was EXPENSIVE!!

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-JFgTxPNH-KQ/VFv1a-2XNfI/AAAAAAAACKo/wrU7OAlGc-A/w1916-h1078-no/screenshot14.png

I made damn sure to land it at KSC for my 98% refund!

~Steve

Interstellar Extended in an career game, wow that is even more impressive.

How do you hit the KSC without trajectories? My landings are just somewhere on Kerbin.

I have a question.

The caution says "this mod couldn`t weld P-Parts" means

1. it just couldn`t weld it automatically, but you can hand-modify the cfg to make it work

2. it couldn`t weld it anyway, you can`t even hand-modify it.

which one is true?

Number 2 Because procedural parts are created at runtime without any model file behind them.

I might have an idea for the fuel/modelswitched parts but a flu is currently breaking my efforts.

Edited by Alewx

Interstellar Extended in an career game, wow that is even more impressive.

How do you hit the KSC without trajectories? My landings are just somewhere on Kerbin.

Not entirely sure how to answer this question... other than to say that I've been playing KSP for over 3k hours... since before you could even buy it.

So... Practice.

I recommend using Mechjeb. Eventually you'll want to stop using Mechjeb for most things because you'll know how to do them better. I'll never stop using mechjeb; I love the fully customize-able info panels too much.

~Steve

Not entirely sure how to answer this question... other than to say that I've been playing KSP for over 3k hours... since before you could even buy it.

So... Practice.

I recommend using Mechjeb. Eventually you'll want to stop using Mechjeb for most things because you'll know how to do them better. I'll never stop using mechjeb; I love the fully customize-able info panels too much.

~Steve

I never used MJ anywhere. I prefer Kerbal Engineer which is also now pretty much customizable.

My closest approach from orbit was an overshoot to the small island runway. And at that time there were no airbreakes.

anyplace to follow updates for this or is just commenting here the best way?

Nope you are right here, we are working on an update.

I just pushed some code for an update, and got an idea for a major feature that would solve a problem, but that will take some time and planning.

Edited by Alewx

I never used MJ anywhere. I prefer Kerbal Engineer which is also now pretty much customizable.

My closest approach from orbit was an overshoot to the small island runway. And at that time there were no airbreakes.

You missed my point. My point was to use the autopilot features of Mechjeb... to see exactly what it was doing. As in my sig... and then learn/practice doing it better. I will admit that I do use Mechjebs Aerobrake and landing prediction features. It calculates via drag where aerobraking / aerocapture will put you onto the ground / into orbit. The SMART A.S.S. in MJ also has a couple extra headings (in this case under the target tab) not in the base game that make things like docking 10x easier and more efficient with dV of RCS.

Basically, even without using any of the autopilot features, MJ has a lot more to offer than EngineerRedux. I really don't understand the stigma that Mechjeb has gotten. Hell, I'm proud to say that I even use Mechjeb auto ascent for standard launches. After doing hundreds, or even thousands, of launches.. it helps end the monotony with simple stuff. Unfortunately, with the new atmospheric model (and because I don't build much to be aerodynamically stable in aerobraking/landing in atmo, and most of my craft are built with KSP-I which it can't handle the thrust calculations for) MJ doesn't work for landing anything but simple craft.

In the end, I'm an engineer. My main enjoyment is taken from building complex designs... not from flying. Well, besides space planes. MJ has never handled them perfectly / to my satisfaction... and I've always enjoyed flying them anyways. Probably since I only do them about 1/50th as much. If that. No, my real joy is making my insanely complex, but simplified, warp tugs that handle all orbital/interplanetary maneuvers. Incredibly expensive, complex, do everything craft. I'm quiet proud of them.. land and take off from anywhere.. including Eve and Tylo. Thanks antimatter!

I feel like I'm hijacking this thread.. sorry.

~Steve

I just pushed some code for an update, and got an idea for a major feature that would solve a problem, but that will take some time and planning.

You're awesome, I'm super excited to use this again.:D

Bravo! Bravo! :cool:

I have noticed a dependency of the selected root part to be in its original orientation which can effect the orientation of the final welded part as displayed in thumbnail and how it will be placed into the VAB/SPH when selected as a part, instead of the orientation of the part when welded (which is normally the preferred orientation) of course you can adjust the orientation after selecting it, but this step would be preferred unnecessary. Also the orientation of the radial symemetry axis for the welded part can be non-intuitive with this shift in orientation because of the root part.

Bravo! Bravo! :cool:

I have noticed a dependency of the selected root part to be in its original orientation which can effect the orientation of the final welded part as displayed in thumbnail and how it will be placed into the VAB/SPH when selected as a part, instead of the orientation of the part when welded (which is normally the preferred orientation) of course you can adjust the orientation after selecting it, but this step would be preferred unnecessary. Also the orientation of the radial symemetry axis for the welded part can be non-intuitive with this shift in orientation because of the root part.

I noticed a similar/same behavior already with subassemblies some times, but sounds like an issue for github.

You missed my point. My point was to use the autopilot features of Mechjeb... to see exactly what it was doing. As in my sig... and then learn/practice doing it better. I will admit that I do use Mechjebs Aerobrake and landing prediction features. It calculates via drag where aerobraking / aerocapture will put you onto the ground / into orbit. The SMART A.S.S. in MJ also has a couple extra headings (in this case under the target tab) not in the base game that make things like docking 10x easier and more efficient with dV of RCS.

Basically, even without using any of the autopilot features, MJ has a lot more to offer than EngineerRedux. I really don't understand the stigma that Mechjeb has gotten. Hell, I'm proud to say that I even use Mechjeb auto ascent for standard launches. After doing hundreds, or even thousands, of launches.. it helps end the monotony with simple stuff. Unfortunately, with the new atmospheric model (and because I don't build much to be aerodynamically stable in aerobraking/landing in atmo, and most of my craft are built with KSP-I which it can't handle the thrust calculations for) MJ doesn't work for landing anything but simple craft.

In the end, I'm an engineer. My main enjoyment is taken from building complex designs... not from flying. Well, besides space planes. MJ has never handled them perfectly / to my satisfaction... and I've always enjoyed flying them anyways. Probably since I only do them about 1/50th as much. If that. No, my real joy is making my insanely complex, but simplified, warp tugs that handle all orbital/interplanetary maneuvers. Incredibly expensive, complex, do everything craft. I'm quiet proud of them.. land and take off from anywhere.. including Eve and Tylo. Thanks antimatter!

I feel like I'm hijacking this thread.. sorry.

~Steve

If there was a rating system on this forum you would get a 10/10 from me =)