[1.4.*] [2.5.3] (2018-04-06) UbioZur Welding Ltd. Continued

girka2k

23 minutes ago, DarkGod said:

About the collider thing, is it perhaps possible to have an option to simply remove the collider completly ? making the part physicsless ? It's an half assed solution but at least it'd let make big stuff :)

That is more something for a custom mod, as the colliders are part of the model, and not a module in the cfg file.
It would require a new module that is connected to a mod that disables all the colliders in the part.

On 28/04/2016 at 4:25 PM, Fwiffo said:

After tiring of always having to make manual corrections to the coordinates in my weldment CFG files, I made an EXE to do the offsets for me.  Not sure if it's the same thing you're talking about, but let me know if you want it.

Indeed, I too use the "-popupwindow" option on a regular basis (to heal issues otherwise caused by Alt+Tabbing too much) and have never noticed it cause problems with this mod.

Sure. The source/algorithm/parser would be useful too, mainly because I run Linux and could implement it natively, but I could run the executable in a virtual machine. :)

22 hours ago, Alewx said:

That is more something for a custom mod, as the colliders are part of the model, and not a module in the cfg file.
It would require a new module that is connected to a mod that disables all the colliders in the part.

Ah I see, hum I wonder how hard it would be to do ..

8 hours ago, Fwiffo said:

@Bluebottle The code is very quick & dirty but here you go: http://tinyurl.com/WeldmentFixer-1-0-41

Thank you. That could be very useful.Did you ever try offsetting the model meshes? That's what I do with my new compound .mu files, since it allows me to match the new model to the old attachment nodes (from a normal weldment) and get rid of all the old models. Then I can just drop the new part in to an existing ship with a save-game edit. @Alewx do you have any opinion on which are positioned more accurately in a weldment: the attachment nodes or the model meshes?

Edited by Bluebottle

On ‎03‎.‎05‎.‎2016 at 2:32 AM, Fwiffo said:

@Bluebottle The code is very quick & dirty but here you go: http://tinyurl.com/WeldmentFixer-1-0-41

After reviewing the code of this snippet, I finally know what you were reffering to as the problem.

First of all because Unity is working with floats it is not very common to get really precise values, especially with the positions of gameobjects.
But depending on the tools that KSP provides maybe it is possible to relocate the whole part tree of the weldment to the origin and then get atlast the root at vector3.zero.

EDIT:

Implemented a repositioning of the weldment before the part is welded.
Now there is just one last thing that is causing some trouble for me; a runtime removal of a module.

Edited by Alewx

On 5/3/2016 at 3:30 PM, Alewx said:

But depending on the tools that KSP provides maybe it is possible to relocate the whole part tree of the weldment to the origin and then get atlast the root at vector3.zero.

Awesome!

Glad you managed to decipher my code - it was a bit of a hack written in a hurry :-).

14 hours ago, Fwiffo said:

Awesome!

Glad you managed to decipher my code - it was a bit of a hack written in a hurry :-).

With an IDE is is pretty readable.

A new release will be possible quite soon.

On 4/05/2016 at 5:41 AM, Fwiffo said:

Awesome!

No, your code is better than many things I've written. At least you have some consistency checks and a file backup routine in there. :)

It would be amazingly useful if we can select/deselect or edit modules to add to the welded part. For example: I make a weldment while having MFT installed. However, I add a structural part that has an MFT module(that I don't use) and although the mass is correctly calculated the MFT module resets the mass to a very low value. Being able to easily delete/edit the module in-game would streamline the process.

Just a quick "bug" report - if your root part is an octogonal strut and you pick "don't process massless parts" you get an unusable weldment with NAN's.  Might be best to never skip the root part [or selected partbranch]?

Edited by Fwiffo

48 minutes ago, ANWRocketMan said:

It would be amazingly useful if we can select/deselect or edit modules to add to the welded part. For example: I make a weldment while having MFT installed. However, I add a structural part that has an MFT module(that I don't use) and although the mass is correctly calculated the MFT module resets the mass to a very low value. Being able to easily delete/edit the module in-game would streamline the process.

That is quite a massive request; editing modules on the fly and that generic is really few, that will need some planning.

23 minutes ago, Fwiffo said:

Just a quick "bug" report - if your root part is an octogonal strut and you pick "don't process massless parts" you get an unusable weldment with NAN's.  Might be best to never skip the root part [or selected partbranch]?

Does this happen also with "processed massless parts"?

This octo strut is really a pain, that is not a problem of the selected partbranch just of this damn strut.

@Alewx If you tell it to "process massless parts" you don't get the NaN's, but then the CoM is screwed up and different from where it was in the preweld.  I suspect this is because the mod processes massless parts normally, while it should instead be adding their mass to their parent part the way the game does.  (Could be totally wrong, I'm a bit tired).  I can try to provide a sample preweld to demonstrate if needed.

Sorry to hear the Octo strut is a pain :-S.

Edited by Fwiffo

One more thing, is it possible to ignore the FAR modules?  (FARPartModule, FARAeroPartModule, GeometryPartModule).  They don't 'cause any harm, but since (as I understand it) FAR creates them dynamically, they don't need to be in the weldment output.

35 minutes ago, Fwiffo said:

One more thing, is it possible to ignore the FAR modules?  (FARPartModule, FARAeroPartModule, GeometryPartModule).  They don't 'cause any harm, but since (as I understand it) FAR creates them dynamically, they don't need to be in the weldment output.

You have to add them in/UbioWeldingLtd/PluginData/UbioWeldingLtd/ModuleAttributeList.xlm after <ModulesToIgnore>

4 hours ago, Badsector said:

You have to add them in/UbioWeldingLtd/PluginData/UbioWeldingLtd/ModuleAttributeList.xlm after <ModulesToIgnore>

Awesome, just what I needed!

@Alewx Can I suggest those three modules I mentioned be included in this file out-of-the-box in the next build of the mod?

Also the Oxidizer INPUT_RESOURCE consumption ratio of the Fuel Cell Array is still not being multiplied correctly when there are multiple fuel cells in a weldment (but it's LiquidFuel counterpart is).  Hoping that might be an easy fix, too.  To reproduce just weld two Fuel Cell Arrays to something and look at the generated ModuleResourceConverter.

1 hour ago, Fwiffo said:

Can I suggest those three modules I mentioned be included in this file out-of-the-box in the next build of the mod?

That can be done without any problem.

1 hour ago, Fwiffo said:

Also the Oxidizer INPUT_RESOURCE consumption ratio of the Fuel Cell Array is still not being multiplied correctly when there are multiple fuel cells in a weldment (but it's LiquidFuel counterpart is).  Hoping that might be an easy fix, too.  To reproduce just weld two Fuel Cell Arrays to something and look at the generated ModuleResourceConverter.

This might be a bit tricky, but I think I have an idea after reproducing it.

7 hours ago, Fwiffo said:

If you tell it to "process massless parts" you don't get the NaN's, but then the CoM is screwed up and different from where it was in the preweld.  I suspect this is because the mod processes massless parts normally, while it should instead be adding their mass to their parent part the way the game does.  (Could be totally wrong, I'm a bit tired).  I can try to provide a sample preweld to demonstrate if needed.

Hmm also quite tricky, maybe a check for the rootpart would already help. But massless parts were always a cheat, not sure that I can really solve that to 100%.

EDIT:

hmm the second INPUT_RESOURCE part is just ignored and not merged, that is why the value is wrong.

Edited by Alewx

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2015 at 9:38 AM, Alewx said:

Latest changes:

• 2016-05-08 - Version 2.3.2 - Continued
    • Fixed NAN values and parts caused by massless parts (octo strut)

Does this fix the issue where welding something to the cubic struts resulted in the part being invisible?