Jump to content

[1.4.*] [2.5.3] (2018-04-06) UbioZur Welding Ltd. Continued


girka2k
 Share

Recommended Posts

there are a bunch of mods that switch textures and models even, like firespitter, b9part switch etc.. and even more mods that use those. 

remember you are combining the cfg's of everything into one cfg. 

    MODEL
    {
        model = FuelTanksPlus/Size3/TPtank3mL00938
        texture = orange-jumbo-0, Squad/Parts/FuelTank/fuelTankJumbo-64/model000
        texture = orange-jumbo-1, Squad/Parts/FuelTank/fuelTankJumbo-64/model001
        position = 0.011806, -0.487164, 0.002818
        scale = 0.666667, 0.666667, 0.666667
    }

so find the model section and name the texture you want to lock in on that part. Not sure if you can keep the texture switching you might be able to use the new stock texture switching on that model.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎25‎.‎03‎.‎2018 at 7:06 AM, Smart Parts Wanter said:

Anyobody figured out which parts in the CFG to edit for this issue?

Incompatible version between fuel/mesh switcher and welding.

Now that it is an stock feature, it will be even more complicated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Alewx said:

Incompatible version between fuel/mesh switcher and welding.

Now that it is an stock feature, it will be even more complicated.

actually the opposite appears to be true  

model 

scale

texture 

still works.  ive always just picked one texture to use and done it this way.

but if you look at the LiquidEngineLV-T91 in the squad expansion folder they show you how to do it now using the modulepartvariant. you reference back to the model you want to change via the gameobjects.

you'd have to mess with it to get it going the way you want but looks like thats what you are looking for.  

Edited by COL.R.Neville
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, COL.R.Neville said:

there are a bunch of mods that switch textures and models even, like firespitter, b9part switch etc.. and even more mods that use those. 

remember you are combining the cfg's of everything into one cfg. 

    MODEL
    {
        model = FuelTanksPlus/Size3/TPtank3mL00938
        texture = orange-jumbo-0, Squad/Parts/FuelTank/fuelTankJumbo-64/model000
        texture = orange-jumbo-1, Squad/Parts/FuelTank/fuelTankJumbo-64/model001
        position = 0.011806, -0.487164, 0.002818
        scale = 0.666667, 0.666667, 0.666667
    }

so find the model section and name the texture you want to lock in on that part. Not sure if you can keep the texture switching you might be able to use the new stock texture switching on that model.

 

So you just delete one of the lines which contains tecture right?

 

I would also guess that removing the MODULE would also help, haven't tried it yet;

MODULE
	{
		name = FStextureSwitch2
		textureNames = UmbraSpaceIndustries/Kontainers/Assets/Kontainer_00;UmbraSpaceIndustries/Kontainers/Assets/Kontainer_01;UmbraSpaceIndustries/Kontainers/Assets/Kontainer_02;UmbraSpaceIndustries/Kontainers/Assets/Kontainer_03;UmbraSpaceIndustries/Kontainers/Assets/Kontainer_04;UmbraSpaceIndustries/Kontainers/Assets/Kontainer_05;UmbraSpaceIndustries/Kontainers/Assets/Kontainer_06;UmbraSpaceIndustries/Kontainers/Assets/Kontainer_07;UmbraSpaceIndustries/Kontainers/Assets/Kontainer_09;UmbraSpaceIndustries/Kontainers/Assets/Kontainer_10;UmbraSpaceIndustries/Kontainers/Assets/Kontainer_11;UmbraSpaceIndustries/Kontainers/Assets/Kontainer_12;UmbraSpaceIndustries/Kontainers/Assets/Kontainer_13;UmbraSpaceIndustries/Kontainers/Assets/Kontainer_14;UmbraSpaceIndustries/Kontainers/Assets/Kontainer_15;UmbraSpaceIndustries/Kontainers/Assets/Kontainer_16;UmbraSpaceIndustries/Kontainers/Assets/Kontainer_17;UmbraSpaceIndustries/Kontainers/Assets/Kontainer_18;UmbraSpaceIndustries/Kontainers/Assets/Kontainer_20;UmbraSpaceIndustries/Kontainers/Assets/Kontainer_23;UmbraSpaceIndustries/Kontainers/Assets/Kontainer_22;UmbraSpaceIndustries/Kontainers/Assets/Kontainer_19;UmbraSpaceIndustries/Kontainers/Assets/Kontainer_21;UmbraSpaceIndustries/Kontainers/Assets/Kontainer_24
		objectNames = 
		textureDisplayNames = MetallicOre;Uraninite;Substrate;Minerals;Karbonite;Commodities;MaterialKits;Metals;Polymers;Supplies;Ore;Machinery;Recyclables;SpecializedParts;Fertilizer;Hydrates;Gypsum;Dirt;Silicates;Silicon;RefinedExotics;ColonySupplies;Organics;Rock
		useFuelSwitchModule = True
		fuelTankSetups = 0;1;2;3;4;5;6;7;8;9;10;11;12;13;14;15;16;17;18;19;20;21;22;23
		repaintableEVA = True
		nextButtonText = Next Cargo
		prevButtonText = Previous Cargo
		moduleID = 8

 

11 hours ago, Alewx said:

Incompatible version between fuel/mesh switcher and welding.

Now that it is an stock feature, it will be even more complicated.

I'm currently using 1.3.1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

okay so you welded your part

now you need to find the model that you want the texture on. which from the looks of it is an MKS connex container. 

so what i do is pick the texture i want to use so lets use metallic ore. 

 MODEL
{
    model = UmbraSpaceIndustries/Kontainers/Assets/Kontainer

    texture = UmbraSpaceIndustries/Kontainers/Assets/Kontainer_00

then this line from where the welder put that model in the stack  position = 0.011806, -0.487164, 0.002818
        scale = 1, 1, 1
    }

hehe tried to use the tab not knowing that closes this and saves it 

and yeah get rid of that firespitter module that is what is causing your problems.

now to try to put the texture switching back in again see if you cant look at the code for the LiquidEngineLV-T91 in the squad expansion folder you may be able to use what they are doing there to do the texture switching part of the firespitter module you are getting rid of. 

 

Edited by COL.R.Neville
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I seem to be unable to have this mod work in 1.4, the GUI shows up, but when I try to weld, the new tab doesn't open and the part doesn't weld.  How can I fix this?

 

This is my only mod.  I can't see that much would change between 1.3.1 and 1.4, this mod seems minimal enough that it should still work.

Edited by maxerature
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, maxerature said:

I seem to be unable to have this mod work in 1.4, the GUI shows up, but when I try to weld, the new tab doesn't open and the part doesn't weld.  How can I fix this?

 

This is my only mod.  I can't see that much would change between 1.3.1 and 1.4, this mod seems minimal enough that it should still work.

No clue but if weld a part in 1.3.1 save it then import the part to the 1.4 game it works. At least it worked for me once on some structural parts I welded together. The textures on my welded part are "flashy" or messed up but I think that may be another mod causing it.

And actually kinda a lot changed 1.3-1.4. Enough to break a lot of mods but not enough to make them hard to fix it seems assuming you don't have to redo a bunch of graphics. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyone crazy enough to take risks?

I ported the UbioZur Welding Ltd to KSP 1.4.1, and need someone that knows the 1.3.1 version to help me finding what I (surely) broke. :-)

Interested, please PVT me. It's still too soon to publish the thing to the wild.

Edited by Lisias
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Lisias said:

Anyone crazy enough to take risks?

I ported the UbioZur Welding Ltd to KSP 1.4.1, and need someone that knows the 1.3.1 version to help me finding what I (surely) broke. :-)

Interested, please PVT me. It's still too soon to publish the thing to the wild.

If all you did was a recompile against 1.4.1 you should be fine. I did that a couple of weeks ago and have been using it in 1.4.1 and 1.4.2 with no issues.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, leatherneck6017 said:

If all you did was a recompile against 1.4.1 you should be fine. I did that a couple of weeks ago and have been using it in 1.4.1 and 1.4.2 with no issues.

To tell you the true, I made some structural changes that I would like to test in the wild to probe them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Really guys, I still have a job and a life next to KSP.

 

Has someone seen "..Config {0} has {1} FXEmitters and {2} Sound in {3} FxGroups" this in one of the welding logs?
it is one of the oldest things in ubiowelding, I didn't see them in any parts so far but i can have overlooked something.

Edited by Alewx
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/5/2018 at 7:28 AM, Alewx said:

Really guys, I still have a job and a life next to KSP.

 

Has someone seen "..Config {0} has {1} FXEmitters and {2} Sound in {3} FxGroups" this in one of the welding logs?
it is one of the oldest things in ubiowelding, I didn't see them in any parts so far but i can have overlooked something.

fxemitters i believe was replaced by the particle system. looks like something from an old part definition probably not a valid case any longer. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, COL.R.Neville said:

fxemitters i believe was replaced by the particle system. looks like something from an old part definition probably not a valid case any longer. 

I hope so, but if someone still has that in a log, i will look for a Workaround rather than removing it directly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, COL.R.Neville said:

i think there may be how to change those from the fxemitters to the new particle system in the wiki. so if it runs into that you could just replace that with the new construct. 

Yep but that will be done at a weekend with enough time.

Update to UbioWeld Continued 2.5.3

  • Recompiled for KSP 1.4.2

Download version 2.5.3 for KSP 1.4.2

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...