Need help with frequent CTD

Hi Ksp community,

I need help from you guys/gals, I started a new 0.90 KSP game 32 bit when it released this is a modded game with almost most of them installed with CKAN.

I have started getting CTD's recently and due to this I cannot progress the game anymore and having invested a lot of time and patience on this save I do not want to start a new fresh game.

My issue is I get CTD mostly when I switch from Flight mode to Space center or vice versa after spending some time in game, Like if I fly a mission to space and go back to Space center to collect reward I mostly get CTD.

Now, I have checked for compatibility between my mods, I have also verified steam Installation several times and did whatever I can to resolve this issue(about a day and half infact).

All I can do now is ask KSP community for help and hope for the best.

I'm attaching dropbox links to my

error.log

output_log.txt

DxDiag.txt

Kindly, if anyone can take a look at it and advise me further what can be done I'd be very Thankful.

Edited by Anexgohan

Ahhhh, the mists are clearing, the crystal ball shows information ...

1) CTD = Crash To Desktop?

2) Lots of mods

3) After several scene changes

You have a memory problem - as in not enough of it or, to look at it the other way, KSP wants more.

There are known memory leaks with scene-changes so all you can do is deliberately close and re-start the game after every two or three switches. I have the same problem and know that if I get to 7 changes a crash is guaranteed.

Otherwise, delete some mods, or at least unused parts within mods.

And/or install ATM aggressive or similar.

Then hope 0.91 with the new Unity version behaves better.

Ahhhh, the mists are clearing, the crystal ball shows information ...

1) CTD = Crash To Desktop?

2) Lots of mods

3) After several scene changes

You have a memory problem - as in not enough of it or, to look at it the other way, KSP wants more.

There are known memory leaks with scene-changes so all you can do is deliberately close and re-start the game after every two or three switches. I have the same problem and know that if I get to 7 changes a crash is guaranteed.

Otherwise, delete some mods, or at least unused parts within mods.

And/or install ATM aggressive or similar.

Then hope 0.91 with the new Unity version behaves better.

Hi, sorry I forgot to mention I have sufficient memory to run KSP and my KSP only uses at most 3gb out of my 16 GB RAM.

Edited Main post to attach a 64 bit DXdiag.txt of my system aswell.

Edited by Anexgohan

Wow! According to your log file you've more that 40 plugins installed. :confused:

How big is your GameData directory?

Hi, sorry I forgot to mention I have sufficient memory to run KSP and my KSP only uses at most 3gb out of my 16 GB RAM.

There's nothing you can do except uninstalling mods until KSP uses only about ~3 GB.

KSP crashes once it gets past it's limit, it can't use more than... 3.5-4gb of RAM (i don't know the specific number), nothing we can do, i have 8gb RAM and it doesn't make a difference, unfortunately.

I have process explorer open on my second monitor and never even once I had KSP go beyond 2,800,000 Bytes,

I just checked before another CTD.

Kerbal Engineer is reporting exceptions from the point of the scene change up until the crash.

Exception in StartSimulation: System.NullReferenceException:

at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Component:InternalGetTransform ()

at UnityEngine.Component.get_transform () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KerbalEngineer.VesselSimulator.PartSim..ctor (.Part thePart, Int32 id, Double atmosphere, KerbalEngineer.LogMsg log) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KerbalEngineer.VesselSimulator.Simulation.PrepareSimulation (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 parts, Double theGravity, Double theAtmosphere, Double theVelocity, Boolean dumpTree, Boolean vectoredThrust) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KerbalEngineer.VesselSimulator.SimManager.StartSimulation () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

1/13/2015 5:29:18 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Scene Change from 'FLIGHT' to 'EDITOR'

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

KerbalEngineer ->

KerbalEngineer -> at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Component:InternalGetTransform ()

at UnityEngine.Component.get_transform () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KerbalEngineer.VesselSimulator.PartSim..ctor (.Part thePart, Int32 id, Double atmosphere, KerbalEngineer.LogMsg log) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KerbalEngineer.VesselSimulator.Simulation.PrepareSimulation (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 parts, Double theGravity, Double theAtmosphere, Double theVelocity, Boolean dumpTree, Boolean vectoredThrust) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KerbalEngineer.VesselSimulator.SimManager.StartSimulation () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.