Whoa... Been playing on an off and a lot of things have changed!

Jwmflying14

First off. I see there is now an installer? Does this simply ease the installation process?

Also I see the x64 bit system is unstable, what do I do if I am runnign a x64 system? Just run the x32?

Secondly, I am Currently running version V22.0.351 and I see they are now on version .90?? What did I miss? Did the numbering reset?

Last but not least, I see there is a new add-ons website (curse)? Is it essentially the same thing as the old? Is it essentially the same to add the add-ons? (I am referring to downloading, then copying the files into the proper category)

Thanks guys!

First off. I see there is now an installer? Does this simply ease the installation process?

Also I see the x64 bit system is unstable, what do I do if I am runnign a x64 system? Just run the x32?

Secondly, I am Currently running version V22.0.351 and I see they are now on version .90?? What did I miss? Did the numbering reset?

Last but not least, I see there is a new add-ons website (curse)? Is it essentially the same thing as the old? Is it essentially the same to add the add-ons? (I am referring to downloading, then copying the files into the proper category)

Thanks guys!

I don't use the installer, so I can't answer that but as for the other ones...

Yes, the x64 build of KSP is unstable. However, the x86 (32 bit) build (the one that isn't marked as x64 this build is unstable or something like that) works fine on an x64 computer. All it means is that KSP is still limited to using 4gb of RAM. So I'd download x86 if I were you. You are probably on version 0.22. The versioning didn't get reset, but it jumped from .25 to .90 to signify KSP entering beta. Add on installation is still the same. I hope this helps!

Edited by asheft

Hey. We are in Beta now and sqaud decided to bring the version number to 0.90 to show the significance of this development stage. (From 0.25 to 0.90)

The game now is basically scope complete and they are focusing on fine tuning and adding to the features in place, instead of putting new features in.

Better aerodynamics and some kind of resource management are confirmed. Multiplayer is confirmed for some time after full release.

Curse is a non-KSP-exclusive modding page where Squad has outsourced to, replacing Spaceport. (There was a heated debate about it and some mods are only posted on other sites linked on the individual forum threads.)

Modding itself works the same as before. Just drop the files into you GameData folder. ;)

Edit: For more info you can look into the Devnote Tuesday threads and Harvester's devblogs.

Edited by Baenki

Yep. We're in Beta. Oh Ninety Oh. :D

0.91.0/0.90.1/0.27 is going to be the continuation of the Space Center facility upgrades, MK3 Spaceplane parts, and improved aerodynamics. Plus some assorted tweaking here and there, which is in itself a daunting and important task.

Well.... On that note.

Do you guys know if and how compatible past mods are?

I am missing some serious fairings that were previously made by Wobbly Rockets (I believe).

They were SL-55 radial attachments, that faired "into" the main attachment, rather than a simple nose cone.

Does anyone know where I can find these compatible with .90? or maybe .25 and I'll take my chances?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.