A.M.U.R.E Pod

tabaal2

should the internals bee 2 man or 3man  

113 members have voted

1. 1. should the internals bee 2 man or 3man

You can superimpose them in the VAB, and this pod is indeed slightly bigger. 4 seems crowded, but 3 is the mk1-2...

A 2 man would be more useful (there is another modded one out there, I know).

Would it be possible to do 2 man with some additional feature, like perhaps having a external "locker" that might contain science parts (where the hatch is, but on the other side)?

Then at least it makes use of that extra space.

Nice pod, BTW.

A fourth seat wouldn't look very good though. I think this is more of a stock-alike orion.

...which seats up to six astronauts.

It would make sense to let this pod fit 4 Kerbals, though. The Mk. 1-2 is analogous to the Apollo Capsule. The real life SpaceX Dragon V2 will seat seven, and actually has a smaller diameter than the Apollo. I don't think it would be a stretch to fit four Kerbals into this pod - it probably wouldn't even get cramped. Aside from that, there are already three two-Kerbal capsules available in other mods, but not a single 4-Kerbal pod. Aside from all that, I think this pod is simply too large to make sense as a 2 kerbal pod.

your right mate :D and i did mention that if the pole is voted for 3 man i will make it a 4 man as i had intended. and you have a valid point apolo used old technology and because of that was very cramped. If we wanted we could probably manage a full flight form here to mars with an iphone as a computer. So lets not argue with the amount of kerbals this will hold. 2 or 4 are the options or ill seriously make an iphone lookalike to be the central control panel in this command pod :D

...which seats up to six astronauts.

It would make sense to let this pod fit 4 Kerbals, though. The Mk. 1-2 is analogous to the Apollo Capsule. The real life SpaceX Dragon V2 will seat seven, and actually has a smaller diameter than the Apollo. I don't think it would be a stretch to fit four Kerbals into this pod - it probably wouldn't even get cramped. Aside from that, there are already three two-Kerbal capsules available in other mods, but not a single 4-Kerbal pod. Aside from all that, I think this pod is simply too large to make sense as a 2 kerbal pod.

Orion only seats 4 (But that's besides the point) I think the problem I am having is that there is nothing to compare it to. If it's a 3.75m pod (Which I think it should be, the only other ones of those are either really pointy or really flat) then 4 is quite reasonable, but if it's only a 2.5m pod I'm unsure how 4 are going to fit. Mind you I haven't actually downloaded it (Been away from my KSP for a while now) s I cant say one way or the other.

Orion only seats 4 (But that's besides the point) I think the problem I am having is that there is nothing to compare it to. If it's a 3.75m pod (Which I think it should be, the only other ones of those are either really pointy or really flat) then 4 is quite reasonable, but if it's only a 2.5m pod I'm unsure how 4 are going to fit. Mind you I haven't actually downloaded it (Been away from my KSP for a while now) s I cant say one way or the other.

Well, there's space for another Kerbal in the Mk 1-2 (if you cut a bit into the walls - it could be assumed that there's a lot of machinery that can be cut away due to advanced tech). Last time I checked, the Orion was capable of holding six astronauts, but would only carry four on deep space missions. However, the Wiki seems to agree with you, so I might be wrong.

I'm starting to think that now as i have 2 textures for the command pods. I could make internals for each texture and make the high textured one 2 man, for longer flights. And the more stock like would be 4 man for more close to kerbin flights. and place them in the tech tree accordingly. What do you guys think ?:D

I'm starting to think that now as i have 2 textures for the command pods. I could make internals for each texture and make the high textured one 2 man, for longer flights. And the more stock like would be 4 man for more close to kerbin flights. and place them in the tech tree accordingly. What do you guys think ?:D

Now that's a good idea! I like it!

Awesome! Do a six man whilst your at it :P

I can't seem to load the capsule in game. Is this happening to anyone else?

1SxrIx1.png

I am running a few mods but nothing outrageous. I am running ATM as well, so that might be the problem. However the game just doesn't load and it get stuck at the same point every time. "123parchutebump" or something like that. Its in the picture.

http://i.imgur.com/1SxrIx1.png

I am running a few mods but nothing outrageous. I am running ATM as well, so that might be the problem. However the game just doesn't load and it get stuck at the same point every time. "123parchutebump" or something like that. Its in the picture.

This addon has very high resolution textures. This allows the pod to have very pretty textures, but it's also incredibly memory hogging. You might want to try the low res version instead.

http://i.imgur.com/1SxrIx1.png

What Wasmic said. :) And to further explain a bit, the game isn't 'frozen' when you see nothing happening, as in the screenshot you posted, at least not in this case. Since the texture file is SO big, it's taking ATM a REALLY long time to compress the texture, but this will only happen the FIRST time you start the game after adding the A.M.U.R.E. pod to your GameData folder. I mean, depending on your rig, it could take 10 or 15 minutes or even longer to compress all of the textures in the mod's folder. I think it took my computer at least 10 minutes when I tried this mod out. So, 'patience, Grasshopper'. The good news is that after the first time, your load times will go right back to what you're used to. Until and unless you delete the ATM texture cache file, anyway, then it'll have to do it all over again. ;)

So, anyway, I hope this explanation helps. Later!

:D

What Wasmic said. :) And to further explain a bit, the game isn't 'frozen' when you see nothing happening, as in the screenshot you posted, at least not in this case. Since the texture file is SO big, it's taking ATM a REALLY long time to compress the texture, but this will only happen the FIRST time you start the game after adding the A.M.U.R.E. pod to your GameData folder. I mean, depending on your rig, it could take 10 or 15 minutes or even longer to compress all of the textures in the mod's folder. I think it took my computer at least 10 minutes when I tried this mod out. So, 'patience, Grasshopper'. The good news is that after the first time, your load times will go right back to what you're used to. Until and unless you delete the ATM texture cache file, anyway, then it'll have to do it all over again. ;)

So, anyway, I hope this explanation helps. Later!

:D

Wow I knew that I just figured it was frozen because it got hung up on that one piece for a very long time. I am very familiar with the new ATM and the waiting period for high texture mods. However sometime there is a hang up with some file and it doesn't load at all. In this case you are right I was a tad impatient. However I just downloaded the the low texture version and it works great.

I need to stress that I am definitely in love with this pod. I love love the way it looks and performs. Everything you have made thus far looks amazing I commend you for that. One thing is that the heat shield isn't DRE ready!! I almost lost the whole thing during reentry. Because of my exquisite piloting skills and a little bit of luck........ok it was all luck I was able to save the capsule before it was lost. Here is an album of the Ares I replica test flight I did.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Very handsome pod. I already use the 2-man pod many people have linked to, so I'd rather see this as a 3 or 4 kerbal pod. It fits stylistically very nicely with the 2-man pod, which is nice.

I'd love to see a fix for the docking ports being incompatible with the stock ports.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...