Kerbal CCTV 1.1 now with WiFi camera

Tuareg

LOve it! I just sat in a my central and watch the monitor as my rocket fly away, then the screen on the monitor got bluer and bluer and i guess thats the cams max distance?

For suggestions, a nice thing would be to have a sender and transmitter. So you can place a sender or transmitter on a vessel, and have a transmitter then you use and detect before taking of with another vessel. Is it possible? If not, increase the distance?

Also, a 360 pov would be nice, and (dont know if its possible) to actually transmit from a cam on a vessel in space or ex near a planet, back to kerbin an get science for it?

really neat plugin!

sadly i dont think its possible to transmit from a vessel not actually loaded but i will try once i will have time

• 2 weeks later...

I appriciate that ^^ Here is a screen from latest station

OHUmBpQ.png So neat having a indoor camera station for all your need. I dont want to poke to much in your plugin but i will try to incrase the way you can use the cameras with modifed anthena or something like that

Interesting, I can finally make Jed his own little bomb disposal robot to remove all that unexploded debris all over the runway.

Also aslong as you have it attached with kas to a vessel you can send rovers down from orbit and so on ;)

fixed a couple of little bugs

added viewrange

added scale option to monitors

enjoy :)

Ohh neat update you gys! I have to re-launch my station but i gladlely do that hehe.

Are you looking into adding an sort of transmitter to? A idea i had is, what if you could steer the cam with an actiongroup(if thats even possible) and adding an option so it goes up and down . Just thoughts not a must do =) cheers and thanks for this mod

Edited by ahappydude

• 1 month later...

Theoretically it might be possible. Theoretically. Partially. But I don't think it's a good idea.

It would slow down the game, make it more unstable and your harddrive would be full in an instant, especially if you're going to record kerbal time. Record things on ships that are not in range isn't possible.

• 1 month later...

Sorry, can't really help you there. I'm the artist, not the programmer. Tuareg is not available at the time.

The raster prop compatibility has been added in v1.04 and our cameras should work with their screens. The other way around..not so much.

Though it was never intended to work with JSI stuff.

But feel free to work on a patch. The code is provided.

First, thanks so much for updating this

I've been following this since I saw this video on it.

Now excuse my ignorance, but what's the difference between the regular camera and the wifi?

I'm using this IFX Command Module to build a mother ship.

I want to stick screens in the front bay area and monitor other ships and satellites in my fleet.

What camera do i use for this?

Edited by iDisOrder

Just use the Wifi camera if you're unsure.

In fact, you could use any camera. The WiFi is pretty much the same but was added because people didn't get it that you could place it anywhere you wanted.(though I think it has some tweaks iirc and I added an antenna)

It's just important that the camera has to find the signal. It normally already has contact with the monitor and you can undock a part, splitting the camera and monitor onto two vessels. But they have to stay in interaction-/renderrange(2.5km - more doesn't work). The connection still remains and you can see what the other vessel is doing on the monitor.

You can also add a cam or monitor later by docking or using KAS(full KIS support will come eventually). Then just look for the signal.

Edit: Sorry, it wasn't updated, but I recently tested our mods for compatibility and they still work. We both have currently not much time to work on these, but you can expect minor updates and patches to work with other mods later.

Edited by ximrm

It's just important that the camera has to find the signal. It normally already has contact with the monitor and you can undock a part, splitting the camera and monitor onto two vessels. But they have to stay in interaction-/renderrange(2.5km - more doesn't work). The connection still remains and you can see what the other vessel is doing on the monitor.

You can also add a cam or monitor later by docking or using KAS(full KIS support will come eventually). Then just look for the signal.

Edit: Sorry, it wasn't updated, but I recently tested our mods for compatibility and they still work. We both have currently not much time to work on these, but you can expect minor updates and patches to work with other mods later.

Is there a way to increase the range?

and if so, would that cancel the need for the 2 to be docked initially?

I was hoping to launch satellites and have the ship already in orbit pick up the signal

Sorry for the misinformation about the update, CKAN alerted me it was updated.

Edited by iDisOrder

I'm not a programmer and can't give you and adequate answer but as far as I know this is not possible since it's limited by the game(engine).

Believe me, we wish we could have done that. Maybe it's possible but you ought to ask a programmer who knows the game and engine about that issue.

Yes, I marked it as updated, but didn't change any files. Was the only way to let people know that it still worked.

I'm not a programmer and can't give you and adequate answer but as far as I know this is not possible since it's limited by the game(engine).

Maybe it's possible but you ought to ask a programmer who knows the game and engine about that issue.

ok someone else confirmed the limited range is built into the code.

Thanks for responding.

Just one more question and I'll stop harassing you (for now):

If you move out of range of a camera then return back to within range, does the signal get picked up again?

I actually don't remember. It's been a while since we did the testing. It might happen and you might search for it again. The only way that I can guarantee would be to reconnect ships physically, eg. by KAS/docking.

I really wish I could help you more, but I just picked up KSP again.

Edited by ximrm

• 2 months later...

Now that is pretty exotic. It might be possible, but not without modifying the mod. I'm afraid you'll have to do it yourself or ask for some help.

The source code is provided maybe you can find a programmer to do that. We're out of KSP.