[0.90] Clockwork's Spare Parts (v1.00 15th Jan 2015)

Clockwork_werewolf

tRB7ENr.png

PqWPaP2.png

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Download Sites

Kerbalstuff.com : Clockwork's Spare Parts

Curseforge.com : Clockwork's Spare Parts

Dropbox.com

Wordy Stuff

So far the Mod contains 5 fairly simple parts.

The five degree angled tank: This is a simple rocket fuel tank with one exception, it's top is angled at 5 degrees to allow angled attachment. I find it very useful for attaching air intakes that point directly at the air flow while the wings have 5 degrees angle of attack. I have also used it to angle cockpits down for IVA flight.

The fifteen degree angled tank: The brother of the 5 deg tank this tanks top is angled at 15 degrees. useable for attaching shuttle engines or what ever you like really.

The Oxidizer tank: A simple tank in the same size as the FL-T100 Fuel Tank but containing just 100 Oxidizer. It was more useful before the space-plane update but I though I would still include it.

The Air Ram and compressor: This air intake is designed to high altitude flight. It has eight times the area of a mk2 ram intake but balances this with being much larger and having 40 times the mass. That's right 40 times the mass, which is a lot to lug around space but is not to problematic for SSTO's and adds drag as well (with 0.90's bad Aero dynamic system). It's best property is parts number reduction.

Large fifteen degree angled tank: Big brother of the fifteen degree angled tank. This one is for mounting all those 2 meter engines or circular stations.

Change Log:

Version 1.04

Added the new 2 meter 15 degree angled tank.

Version 1.03

Changed real_fuels code due to a bug with procedural parts.

Version 1.02

Added Real_Fuels support

Licenses added to download file

Version 1.00

Initial release

Other Mods:

Fuel it all http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/99625-0-25-Fuel-it-all-%28v1-02-6th-Dec-2014%29

Prudent Strategies http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/107745-0-90-Clockwork-s-Prudent-Strategies-%28v1-01-18th-Jan-2015%29

on a side note please fill in an answer on this survey about the ram intake mass. intake mass survey

Edited by Clockwork_werewolf

When you say make bigger parts do you mean 2.5 meter parts? If so what kind of parts? More angled tanks, intakes, oxidiser tanks? I'm very interested in what extra parts people would like to see.

As it happens I've been trying to build a shuttle with the angled tanks, My biggest problem so far is too big a fuel tank so it's TWR drops too low when the boosters are dropped. I might post a picture later if I can get some better results.

Air Ram and compressor: This air intake is designed to high altitude flight. It has eight times the area of a mk2 ram intake but balances this with being much larger and having 40 times the mass. That's right 40 times the mass, which is a lot to lug around space but is not to problematic for SSTO's and adds drag as well (with 0.90's bad Aero dynamic system). It's best property is parts number reduction.

How about only 16 times the mass? That's a REALLY heavy air intake, kinda extremely impractical actually.

How about only 16 times the mass? That's a REALLY heavy air intake, kinda extremely impractical actually.

I did have it at 50 times the mass but it kept on spinning out due to the extra drag. It's designed to be the front part of a rapier (Saber engine) and as such large and heavy. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SABRE_%28rocket_engine%29

I have flown craft into orbit with them, without the extra mass they are very over powered. Even with the extra mass they make getting into orbit easier than standard as they are the equivalent of 6.6 and a bit cone intakes which on a 6 engine craft is a LOT less parts (34 roughly).

I am prepared to take the mass down a bit if most people do think they are underpowered and too heavy. I was worried that they were too overpowered actually.

Do you think you could do an angled MK2 part as well? These are awesome btw I hate fiddling around with cubic struts to get this.

I assume you would like a 15 degree one to begin with but the interesting question is should it look like. Should it look like the present 2 meter tanks (steel and gray) or match the new space-plane parts?

Hey! Love your mod, unfortunately for me it broke he fuel setup capabilities of B9 Aerospace parts. I think it has something to do with RealFuels being used as part of your mod? I had to remove it so my designs work again, but would love if you could make it compatible in the future, those angled parts are awesome.

Hey! Love your mod, unfortunately for me it broke he fuel setup capabilities of B9 Aerospace parts. I think it has something to do with RealFuels being used as part of your mod? I had to remove it so my designs work again, but would love if you could make it compatible in the future, those angled parts are awesome.

it might not be this mod causing it spaz. if u mean where u can click on parts of a premade ship and also u get errors when u try to right click your cockpit thats a b9 mft-rf.cfg error. ive told bac9 about it u need to remove the cockpits from the mft-rf.cfg if u use tac life support.

Please keep me updated about this situation. I don't have any time at the moment but I can always make a "backup" mod without the real_fuel if this is the problem.

What is the point of an oxidiser tank, may i ask?

It had more point before the space-plane update, before then all the space plane parts just had fuel in them. The Oxidiser tank would let you build with the space plane parts and then just add one or two for the last rocket burn.

It's now there as more of a legacy part but it is still the only oxidiser only part I've seen so I left it in.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just stared a new job hence the lack of updates but I am this morning working on a 2.5 meter 15 degree tank as requested :)

I have also posted a poll about the mass of the intake part http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/109126-Clockwork-s-Spare-Parts-Air-intake-mass

Edited by Clockwork_werewolf

• 2 weeks later...
Well, it was added in SXT 19.

Should be under the structural tab, called 'Mk2 10-DEG Tilted connector'. There's a 25° one if you remove the lines in the top section of the partdisabler.cfg in the main SXT folder.

While not the most polished of video's this one covers ALL of the basics https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71CIu-Pkn3k . If there is anything more complex you need to know I would be happy to help but there are more skilled people out there. I'm more of a jack of all trades. I will say that you should always check you have removed doubles, smoothed the area's you want smooth and export as FBX if unity doesn't like something.

- - - Updated - - -

Should be under the structural tab, called 'Mk2 10-DEG Tilted connector'. There's a 25° one if you remove the lines in the top section of the partdisabler.cfg in the main SXT folder.

Ah OK thanks, these are literally MK2 parts. I'm working on a 2.5 meter round angled adapter. I loaded in the one pictured before and found 10 problems with it so back to the modelling stage :P at least half the work is done. Real world job has been killer with me getting up at 6am and back at 6:30 every day :(

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.