[1.8-1.12] TextureReplacer 4.5.3 (8.2.2022)

shaw

Just tried out the new .dll - it fixed the crashing issues I was having with the reflections from Ven's revamp enabled and certain parts. Ven's looks even better now, thanks.

One thing, though - my memory usage seems to have jumped a fair bit. I'm on 64-bit Linux with 16 GB of RAM, so it's not really much of a worry for me. But sitting at the main menu the KSP process jumped from using around 7.2 GB to about 8.5 GB.

I swapped the .dll files in and out a couple of times to test it, and it's definitely the new TR .dll that's doing it. Monitoring memory during loading shows the extra mem use appears towards the beginning of the loading process, before the MM configs are handled - that's when textures are loaded, right?

Not sure if this is will be an issue on Windows, as the Linux 64-bit process seems to use tons more RAM than Windows anyway - when I moved over to Linux, the same install that used 3 GB of RAM in Windows 32-bit used 6 GB of RAM in Linux 64-bit. Thought I should mention it, though.

--Edit

Actually, it appears that the new .dll may have some other problems too. It makes most of the parts of my most recent rocket disappear on launch:

http://i.imgur.com/PAhZN0G.png?1

I've got a very heavily modded game, so I'll do more testing to confirm it and post logs later.

Increased RAM usage and disappearing ship parts (the reflective ones, right?) are likely a sign of TR crashing. Are there any errors in the log?

This is a new testing version that uses a new method for hiding parts while rendering reflections. It should hopefully fix all the issues, like crashing solar panels. Try to break it.

TextureReplacer.dll

It fixes the crashes using Ven's parts but definitely also causes invisible parts in flight and in the editor and throws a lot of NullReference Exceptions. I was both able to launch a vessel and view a vessel already in flight with gigantors. I also launched a Mk1-2 pod with two OX-STAT solar panels (both using Ven's retextures). So far so good, I couldn't do either before. I reverted to the VAB and removed the OX-STATs and then the Mk1-2 disappeared. I was able to fix it by adding a part (the nodes still show up when you select a part) and then hitting Control-Z. I looked at a Mk1-2 in flight with two OX-STATs in a similar location (on the sides at the very top) and the Mk1-2 disappeared leaving all other parts visible. When I changed to the map view I was still able to see the parts when I went pack to ship view I could see the vessel plus a super-sized, exploded view of several of the parts. It was like the Hell Kraken but with parts rather then the blue hole of death. Here's the log.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y9fyv7vajwjx0mb/TRNullRef.txt?dl=0

http://i.imgur.com/ol5hJ9f.png?1

Tired of sci fi and near future ships with subpar so last century kerbonaut suits? Worried that the complex mechanisms and need for balancing ones own pressure might by overlooked by more zealous kerbonauts? Possibly resulting in katastrophy?

If so have i got a set of stylish and easy to use (mostly functional) suits for your kerbonauts!

Introducing BioSuits MK I

http://imgur.com/a/CSaYz

Overview

These suits were inspired by the various near future and sci fi part mods out there. Primarily B9 for its aesthetic design choice of simple panels and symmetrical style. I chose to use MITs new age suit as a base design for the practical parts of the suit. To use simply combine the TextureReplacment folders from the pack with the one in your KSP folder.

Features

• 6 distinct color variants each with a rough and clean counterpart, the rough versions looks like some wear and tear has occurred
  • Special suits for the Original Three each with a name tag on IVA and EVA suits as well as some special grit and tidbits for each one
  • both IVA and EVA variants for each color

Dependencies

Install these first before moving the folder from the pack into your hierarchy

NOTE: visor reflections will make the helmets look odd

Future Plans

I fully intend to create experience based suits that go from clean to rough and downright worn to death variants. More colors will eventually be made if demand is high enough for them. If possible i would love to get a normal map working with the helmets visor to create a angled effect on parts of it. Eventually i would also like to replace the helmet and jetpack models entirely. For now this is all pie in the sky due to my real life being rather packed. Also i will be finishing up some new head styles !

Special Thanks

B9 Aerospace - It was their art style and approach that prompted me to think i needed more sci fi or near future items in my KSP

Proot - for his texture packRenaissance Compilation: artworks remake that served as both an inspiration and a bit of a guide for mapping out my own work. Some of his bits remain because they work so damned well!

Support

If you like what you see and think its worth its while please donate. This goes a long way to helping me continue to make more designs and expand on the current suits. I will be considering commission designs as well. So if you have a style youd love to see please PM me!

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/i/btn/btn_donate_SM.gif

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/i/scr/pixel.gif

License

This is all produced under a creative commons license. http://i.creativecommons.org/l/by-nc-sa/3.0/88x31.png

I couldn't ever get the helmets to work with my install no matter what I did. I just wander if it had something to do with the way reflections work now ?

Does this new build do anything to address TR breaking contracts?

No. I cannot reproduce that issue nor I've been able to find out what causes it. Could you upload your logs (both KSP.log and KSP_Data/output_log.txt)?

- - - Updated - - -

I've encountered with a game crash bug, using Stock Revamp and Texture replacer.

As both of this mods required to reproduce this crash, I've created a separate thread in support section. All details and archive with logs listed there.

Does it happen with the new experimental DLL?

Does it happen with the new experimental DLL?

Allow me to join in the discussion. The new dll doesn't crash, but the parts become invisible. Mind you, when you build one of the parts, it looks ok, but when you load a craft or launch, the parts become invisible and can not be clicked. On the Aeris craft for example, the front landing gear becomes bugged and the nose falls through the ground a bit. Meanwhile, the back ones work ok and you can even take off, hehe. Either in the VAB or in flight, the log becomes flooded with:

[LOG 03:46:02.057] [TR.TextureReplacer] System.NullReferenceException:

at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.GameObject:set_layer (int)

at TextureReplacer.Reflections+Script.update (Boolean force) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at TextureReplacer.Reflections+Script.updateScripts () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at TextureReplacer.TextureReplacer.LateUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

The problems go away if I put Static reflections (or none). This is what I used to do with the official dll. With that one all of my cockpit dials showed NaN, the screen went black (interface still visible) and the log became flooded with things like:

Look rotation viewing vector is zero

[ERR 00:04:28.259] Invalid parameter because it was infinity or nan.

Maybe you should update the first post to warn people to turn off reflections until you can fix the issue. Lots of use use Ven's mod and the Renaissance Pack ;)

Edited by karamazovnew

No. I cannot reproduce that issue nor I've been able to find out what causes it. Could you upload your logs (both KSP.log and KSP_Data/output_log.txt)?

I have been tracking a bug with Module Manager for the last few days and found that it only occurs when TextureReplacer is here. It is most likely related to the contract bug. I found out that at some point the gamedatabase is corrupted and had value with a name string with a length of -1 :confused:

After adding a bunch of code in MM to track the problem I finaly found when the DB is corrupted :

[ModuleManager] Found no bad value

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

Load(Texture): UmbraSpaceIndustries/Karbonite/Parts/KA_Tank_125_01/blank_NRM

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

[TR.Loader] Generated mipmaps & compressed UmbraSpaceIndustries/Karbonite/Parts/KA_Tank_125_01/blank_a [2x2 DXT5 -> DXT1]

d3d: failed to create 2D texture id=3623 w=2 h=2 mips=3 d3dfmt=21 [invalid call]
[ModuleManager] Found bad value

As you can see has soon as you have that d3d error the DB is corrupted. I guess the problem comes from the fact that texture is a 2x2 png and it's not a power of 4 or something like that. The texture is in Karbonite.

Edited by sarbian

It should be fixed now. I cannot reproduce disappearing parts any more.

TextureReplacer.dll

Yey, it's working!

EDIT.

Actually... I've just noticed a new problem. Adding some parts with reflections (ex, the side tanks from Ven's pack, or the small doughnut one) to a craft makes them unclickable. Attachment nodes still work so I can add other parts to them, but surface nodes don't. However, this only affects the FIRST part in a symmetry. Meaning that if I add 2 or more parts in symmetry, I can click the others just fine, and if I hold the part with the mouse and go to no symmetry and attach again, I can click it without problem.

At first I thought that the reflection meshes from Ven's parts were the problem, but I've added reflections to a tank from KW and it has the same effects.

Static reflections don't cause this, it's jut the real ones. I'm also having a different problem with procedural tanks. When trying to add, one, before I click it in place I can see the nice static reflections, but after that, the reflections disappear (happens with either real or static reflections, although with real ones I can't even click them anymore).

EDIT 2

Anyway, I'm hopeful this will be fixed, but I was wondering, is it possible to add functionality to the mod so that it also reads a reflection map (or should I say mask) for the reflection effect? For example, B9 and KW use some wonderful parts that have few meshes, the details come from the textures. But I'd like to turn the texture into a mask, so that on the same mesh, some places would not have reflections, while others would have reduced reflections. The "color = 0.5 0.5 0.5" would control the maximum reflection power (the white in the mask), and it would go towards zero reflection for black. Is that possible? Is it possible to maybe also use a sort of blurring effect, with a different mask, to emulate the specular power (focus, clarity) of the material?

Edited by karamazovnew

Selecting attached parts in the editor like Ven's solar panels has been an issue since at least 2.2.5, for me at least. So not necessarily a new issue with the most recent dll.

Most probably, but since the game used to crash before the latest patch, I was only using static reflections, so I never encountered this problem before :D Anyway, I guess it would be useful to stop saying "Ven's ... etc" and replace it with "parts with the Reflection Module". Until everything's fixed, I'll try to delete Ven's Texture Replacer cfg file and be happy with just the helmet visor reflections.

Newest plugin for me on linux x64 ubuntu 14.10 EATS ram. I mean eats it up. On load I was hitting 10gb of ram while I have 16 onboard I couldn't even load KSP to the main screen latest dll posted. I will get logs tomorrow if needed.

Newest plugin for me on linux x64 ubuntu 14.10 EATS ram. I mean eats it up. On load I was hitting 10gb of ram while I have 16 onboard I couldn't even load KSP to the main screen latest dll posted. I will get logs tomorrow if needed.

Yes, please send me the logs. This sounds as if TR was crashing.

Hi, again! I'm having low FPS problems when EVAing landed on Mun, specially after planting a flag. I get less than 1 FPS! I've lowered my graphic settings and it got a little better but yet I'm struggling to plant a flag!

I'm using 64-bit Linux with 6GB of RAM and a GeForce GT730M. These are my graphic settings:

Mt0wlHK.jpg

And these are my addons:

y5YccT2.jpg

I don't want to uninstall TR, can anybody help me?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.