[1.8-1.12] TextureReplacer 4.5.3 (8.2.2022)

shaw

On 10/15/2016 at 3:04 AM, Stevie_D said:

No, it's not unfortunately. It's part of the Kerbal's body model, or at least it was the last time i imported it into my modelling program. To be removed ingame it would need to be a separate model, like the helmet is.

Isn't that also part of the suit itself? Without that rigid collar, the helmet wouldn't seal to anything :wink:

13 hours ago, RangeMachine said:

UPDATE: Static reflections fixed.

Now working in-game. When I exit to menu from the savegame with static reflections - there are visors too. If I load&exit game with real reflections set - still no visors in menu. Any ideas why this works like this? I dont remember what tipe of reflections were in menu in the past (real or always static, regardless of settings). And I got textureless-head scientists in VAB/SPH, dont know if this is connected. Will try test copy of the game with TR only from mods to check if it interfere with other mods.

UPD. Checked - the same with TR only... But first I (by mistake) unpacked 1.2-pre (1500build) version of the game - there all works as intended - static visors in the main menu even when in-game is set to real reflections.
And here is the pic of white-headed kerbals. Is it bug or feature? :wink:
QvFPS-oAgElyw_qYW2yKclkOJNwi6d5oN3l5WKaz

Edited by Warro

i cant seem to get the black reflective visor to work got the suits and helmets no problemo the visor is just defaulting to clear. any ideas as to what either I'm doing wrong or anything else. 

i dropped the EVAvisor in default like ive always done and using range's envmap files so no clue where its going wrong. thanks in advance. 

9 hours ago, Muji-k said:

I'm trying to install the Deep Star Map Skybox from @Poodmund through CKAN, and CKAN is not allowing me to install it 'cause the skybox replaces the GalaxyTex textures from the default TextureReplacer folder.

Is there a way for me to install the Skybox through CKAN (maybe force the installation)? Or do i have to manually install the skybox?

I apologize if this have been asked before but after 1 hour googling and searching the forums for a solution i decided that was better to ask....

8 hours ago, Poodmund said:

I think the best way to go about this is for the CKAN guys to somehow split the default textures out into a 'config-like' download where when you select to install Texture Replacer, it asks you then what Skybox you want to download. I'll bring it up with them and see what they think.

I'm sure this didn't used to happen though, has Texture Replacer started to bundle a different Skybox in the download?

having same problem, i dont really like manual installs, i break enough stuff IN game never mind out of it :P

14 hours ago, sAssIn said:

having same problem, i dont really like manual installs, i break enough stuff IN game never mind out of it :P

23 hours ago, Poodmund said:

I think the best way to go about this is for the CKAN guys to somehow split the default textures out into a 'config-like' download where when you select to install Texture Replacer, it asks you then what Skybox you want to download. I'll bring it up with them and see what they think.

I'm sure this didn't used to happen though, has Texture Replacer started to bundle a different Skybox in the download?

@RangeMachine, could you please shed some light on this?

3 hours ago, Poodmund said:

@RangeMachine, could you please shed some light on this?

when i use CKAN to install skybox (any of poods) it gives this msg

Oh no! We tried to overwrite a file owned by another mod!
Please try a `ckan update` and try again.

If this problem re-occurs, then it maybe a packaging bug.
Please report it at:

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN/issues/new

Please including the following information in your report:

File           : GameData/TextureReplacer/EnvMap/NegativeX.png
Installing Mod : PoodsMilkyWaySkybox 1.0.0
Owning Mod     : TextureReplacer
CKAN Version   : v1.20.1-0-gd41fe54 (beta)

of course ive tried updating but no change. other than that, texture replacer works for everything else

Edited by sAssIn
misspelling

Ah it seems that @RangeMachine has accidentally included a certain Skybox's EnvMap files in the latest distribution of TextureReplacer... possibly whilst the reflections were being tested?

Anyway, if you are having trouble downloading Skyboxes off of CKAN, for the time being, you can fix this by navigating to the: GameData\TextureReplacer\EnvMap folder in your KSP directory and deleting the following files:

• NegativeX.png
  • NegativeY.png
  • NegativeZ.png
  • PositiveX.png
  • PositiveY.png
  • PositiveZ.png

Now you should be able to install a Skybox through CKAN. Let me know if this fixes the error.

21 minutes ago, Poodmund said:

Ah it seems that @RangeMachine has accidentally included a certain Skybox's EnvMap files in the latest distribution of TextureReplacer... possibly whilst the reflections were being tested?

Anyway, if you are having trouble downloading Skyboxes off of CKAN, for the time being, you can fix this by navigating to the: GameData\TextureReplacer\EnvMap folder in your KSP directory and deleting the following files:

• NegativeX.png
  • NegativeY.png
  • NegativeZ.png
  • PositiveX.png
  • PositiveY.png
  • PositiveZ.png

Now you should be able to install a Skybox through CKAN. Let me know if this fixes the error.

I removed all EnvMap textures from TR releases. Sorry for inconvenience.

7 minutes ago, RangeMachine said:

I removed all EnvMap textures from TR releases. Sorry for inconvenience.

Thank you so much for such a quick response. :D The true hero does it again, thanks man!

For those using CKAN, please wait for a new build of TextureReplacer to be released to reflect the above change and also for the time that it takes for CKAN's NetKAN index to update. Please be patient. :D 

Edited by Poodmund

On 17.10.2016 at 10:42 PM, Warro said:

Now working in-game. When I exit to menu from the savegame with static reflections - there are visors too. If I load&exit game with real reflections set - still no visors in menu. Any ideas why this works like this? I dont remember what tipe of reflections were in menu in the past (real or always static, regardless of settings). And I got textureless-head scientists in VAB/SPH, dont know if this is connected. Will try test copy of the game with TR only from mods to check if it interfere with other mods.

UPD. Checked - the same with TR only... But first I (by mistake) unpacked 1.2-pre (1500build) version of the game - there all works as intended - static visors in the main menu even when in-game is set to real reflections.
And here is the pic of white-headed kerbals. Is it bug or feature? :wink:
QvFPS-oAgElyw_qYW2yKclkOJNwi6d5oN3l5WKaz

Yes, before 1500 build visor textures applied as normal in main menu and in game, but in futher builds visor textures won't apply everywhere by the default way. So I made some workaroung to restore visor textures in game, but in main menu they still not applied. I tried to restore them back in main menu but there was not success. Anyway they works in game and main menu not critical I think. About white-headed kerbals: i can not see image, can you upload it on imgur for example?

Edited by RangeMachine

Thank you so much for such a quick response. :D The true hero does it again, thanks man!

For those using CKAN, please wait for a new build of TextureReplacer to be released to reflect the above change and also for the time that it takes for CKAN's NetKAN index to update. Please be patient. :D 

Thank you both @Poodmund and @RangeMachine for the quick response!!

I'm eagerly waiting for the update to go live on CKAN...

Keep up the good work :D

Edited by Muji-k

First, thanks to @RangeMachine to have made an update for this "must have" mod ! !

Second, Is there a way to make the visor more bright almost like a mirror both to static and real? I have the feeling that there is no light reflexion?

Here is what I had in an older version, for static:

Spoiler

127DFFD5A57A25F3027D0CB1BCBC0A01263D8EBD

And it was working also for an artificial light source:

1DCAC4AD9D7FAE4F7E0A5E4028C808F3587F1797

And what I had for Real reflexion:

Spoiler

467DB64561714BE6883CA6999B55F749B9961B42

And here is what I have with the latest version of @RangeMachine (v 2.5.1),

for static reflexion:

Spoiler

CC41ADD91567702D288550325C40645FB610A0A8

In the main menu:

F397C7BAA68D9634EAC5CF8C79202BC40C9EB9EB

4390103AC93CEFC6761475973325E42E52FE28FF

And for the real reflexion:

Spoiler

D26A4524D47EDEDB73D735E185CC2084900E89D9

1187D1559F6F5234B9883F0CE8AB64F17EE24019

I know this version is better than nothing with KSP 1.2. But if my screenshots can help for it to be even better, I'd be happy to.

Edited by Vandest

On 2016-01-31 at 3:11 PM, Poodmund said:

I was wondering though, what do people want from a Skybox? Semi-realism, consistent star coverage, positioning within a galaxy (ala the one attached), faux 'axial-tilt' within the galaxy, crazy Nebula? I might be able to whip a few up.

I would love to see more skyboxes that have the following features:

• An "in-galaxy" image, so that I see a band of stars across the sky like we see the Milky Way here on Earth.
  • Not to see the same constellations we see from Earth. I know the night sky pretty well, and seeing all the familiar constellations across the sky ruins the effect that Kerbin is supposed to be "out there, somewhere".
  • Crisp, clear pinpoint stars (not the blobs you get with stock KSP).
  • A few interesting sky features (e.g. globular clusters, other galaxies, notable planetary nebulae). Nothing overly fanciful, like nebulae stretched across half the sky or an infra-red view of the sky. Not that I'm against those, but that's not what I personally want.

The best skybox that I have seen to have those features is the Kraken Space Industries Andromeda Skybox which uses a close-up image of the Andromeda galaxy to give that wrapped-around-the-sky feeling.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.