[1.8-1.12] TextureReplacer 4.5.3 (8.2.2022)

shaw

On 13/06/2017 at 6:50 PM, Ger_space said:

I've updated the download link with a new version, that should also have reflections when you use MacOS or Linux.

Hmm, this new version doesn't seem to be working with Pood's Skyboxes. I've placed the required files in the Default/EnvMap folders, but they don't seem to be loading in the game. Is there an additional step I need to do with this new version of TextureReplacer for KSP 1.3? I'm using Win64.

Hello there!

I used TR in KSP for a while to replace IVA and EVA suits with custom made ones. TR is working untill I try to make an EVA.

Did something change? Do I need another suits or need they another "name"? I usually have PNG or is this incorrect now?  

Greetings & thank you very much

P.S. 

Using TextureReplacer Replaced solved the problem for the moment. I made some ACES / MACES look alike Suits, but I don't know where I found the PNGs. I could post some pictures if you would like to see them. 

https://www.nasaspaceflight.com/2014/12/nasa-evaluting-shuttle-aces-asteroid-eva/

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-difference-between-the-MACES-space-suit-and-ACES-space-suit

Edited by Tranquil

18 hours ago, trias702 said:

Hmm, this new version doesn't seem to be working with Pood's Skyboxes. I've placed the required files in the Default/EnvMap folders, but they don't seem to be loading in the game. Is there an additional step I need to do with this new version of TextureReplacer for KSP 1.3? I'm using Win64.

17 hours ago, Tranquil said:

Hello there!

I used TR in KSP for a while to replace IVA and EVA suits with custom made ones. TR is working untill I try to make an EVA.

Did something change? Do I need another suits or need they another "name"? I usually have PNG or is this incorrect now?  

Greetings & thank you very much

P.S. 

Using TextureReplacer Replaced solved the problem for the moment. I made some ACES / MACES look alike Suits, but I don't know where I found the PNGs. I could post some pictures if you would like to see them. 

https://www.nasaspaceflight.com/2014/12/nasa-evaluting-shuttle-aces-asteroid-eva/

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-difference-between-the-MACES-space-suit-and-ACES-space-suit

Guys come try the new version of TextureReplacerReplaced :)

This should solve your problems, and if not, well discuss about it there, because you won't find updates for TR any more :)

1 hour ago, KerbMav said:

@HaArLiNsH

*TV commercial show co-host voice*
"But HaArLiNsH, does it work like my old mod and use all my files without me doing anything?!"

*A big screen behind the protagonists lights up and show colourful images*

28243115-85ee9c00-69bf-11e7-9a12-32a4f42

"This is a good question and I'm glad your asked. you can use your old texture mod just like you have done in the past with TR, with one notable difference, you NEED to put your males and females heads in subfolders in the Heads folder. Respectively called Males and Females and it will pick automatically the right gender for your kerbal ! :) no more .cfg to make where you need to tell male&female heads.

BUT, and this is a major feature, you can also use your own MyTextureMod folder and put all your texture outside TRR's folder ! You just have to make a MyTextureMod.cfg where you tell the different paths of your folders. This way, when you update TRR, you don't risk to loose your precious textures ! And you can publish and update them more easily.

You can find more informations about that in the release notes :)

The navball texture replacement is still disabled, You can use Navball Texture Changer to change your navball.

Oh and a last thing, if your texture used a .cfg file, don't use it any more, TRR has another .cfg namespace and your old .cfg won't work. Off course you can still make a .cfg for your mod, just use the new @default.cfg from TRR as a base instead of the old one from TR. "

Edited by HaArLiNsH

1 hour ago, HaArLiNsH said:

Guys come try the new version of TextureReplacerReplaced :)

This should solve your problems, and if not, well discuss about it there, because you won't find updates for TR any more :)

Nice one! I actually solved the problem in the end. The Skybox was coming into the game normally, just as it did with past versions of KSP, it's just that in 1.3, it doesn't display on the main menu when you first load up the game (for some odd reason), but subsequently it does show up. Just a minor oddity.

1 hour ago, trias702 said:

Nice one! I actually solved the problem in the end. The Skybox was coming into the game normally, just as it did with past versions of KSP, it's just that in 1.3, it doesn't display on the main menu when you first load up the game (for some odd reason), but subsequently it does show up. Just a minor oddity.

Well... in TRR the skybox is loaded in the main menu as you can see on the colored image :)

@Poodmund I've been using Pood's skyboxes, but I've noticed some strangeness with them being rather pixelated. I'm using a 4k monitor, but some of the stars show up as nice pinpoints, while others are large pixel squares. This was mostly on Pood's Calm Nebula. Pood's Deep Star Map seemed to work great resolution wise, but the map wasn't to my taste.

Any idea why stars would be different resolutions in the Calm Nebula? And any higher resolution versions out there? The Milkway SKybox looks nice, but not high enough resolution for 4k monitors, at least. It's fairly uniform in resolution, though. Calm Nebula seems to be the odd one with various different resolution stars.

Edited by AmpCat

11 hours ago, AmpCat said:

@Poodmund I've been using Pood's skyboxes, but I've noticed some strangeness with them being rather pixelated. I'm using a 4k monitor, but some of the stars show up as nice pinpoints, while others are large pixel squares. This was mostly on Pood's Calm Nebula. Pood's Deep Star Map seemed to work great resolution wise, but the map wasn't to my taste.

Any idea why stars would be different resolutions in the Calm Nebula? And any higher resolution versions out there? The Milkway SKybox looks nice, but not high enough resolution for 4k monitors, at least. It's fairly uniform in resolution, though. Calm Nebula seems to be the odd one with various different resolution stars.

9 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

a super-HD calm nebula skybox would be totally rad

Somebody will have to make a new HD skybox (well in fact, all the textures need a HD upgrade)

That's why I made the TRR_Guide :)

We also need need a hd suit pack, that's what I originally started before taking on TR... When the TRR's transition is done, I will have the time to finish it :)

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, ussoldier2002 said:

Am I an idiot?

No, you're not.  You're just not familiar with this mod.  Texture Replacer adds function but not the content to function with.  Take a look at the large first post.  It has a big list of texture packs.  You add those to see differences.  Or have another mod that uses Texture Replacer and what that other mod provides will be seen.

There's also another mod out that continues what this mod does, Texture Replacer Replaced, by @HaArLiNsH who posted above.  It's actively supported and I've move to using it.

• 3 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, The-Doctor said:

@Galileo do I have to install loadingcreen manager in ckan for the custom gpp loadingscreen or does it come automatically with GPP

also do I need to install kerbal konstructs to get the extra parts in gpp?

wrong thread sorry

Yes and yes. Make sure you use the Kerbal Konstructs latest prerelease. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/31/2016 at 5:11 PM, Poodmund said:

All the Skyboxes below are licensed under the CC-BY-NC-ND-4.0 license and any source material has been worked from NASA public domain images.

Poodmund's Deep Star Map Skybox

62iVHIk.png

Imgur Gallery

360° VR Preview

Skybox made using reference images from the Bright Star, Tycho-2, and UCAC3 star catalogs. This provides a very nice constant star coverage across the whole 360 degrees in the x, y and z planes. A little darker than the Milky Way skybox but probably truer to the naked eye.

--------------------------------

Poodmund's Calm Nebula Skybox

LIfEHpU.png

Imgur Gallery

360° VR Preview

Toying around with creating a Nebula-like Skybox that presents the Kerbol system within a sparse Nebula. Features a subtle Galaxy star-line and patches of Pink/Blue Nebula proto-Star fields. To the polar South a very energetic solar nursery can be seen.

--------------------------------

Poodmund's Milky Way Skybox

heUvmKJ.png

Imgur Gallery

360° VR Preview

I was poking around looking at KSP Default Skybox for somebody and thought... I know, I'll just chuck NASA's Milky Way photo through my image editing software to see how it looks in-game. Anyway, I realise that Rareden's Skybox is based on the same Milky Way image but I thought that I might as well post this up in here.

@Poodmund I was wondering if you were in the process of updating any of these skyboxes, in particular the calm nebula (my favorite), to use sigma replacements: skybox instead?

11 hours ago, Poodmund said:

Yes, it is on the horizon to drop TR/TRR support is favour or SR.

@Poodmund I got impatient, lol, and just gave it a go myself. It was fairly easy.

Sorry for cluttering the thread! I didn't see Pood's skyboxes mods available anywhere else, besides the Stardock link, and figured this would be where I would post about that.

Edited by Jalaris

Im just waiting on a few things before I make the transition. What you have done is fine for personal usage but publicly sharing it has violated the licensing terms. 

Out of my personal distaste to the disrespect that seems to occur with regards to licensing, I would ask you to remove the link out of principle. :D

Also, this is the wrong thread to discuss this kind of thing as it is about a different mod entirely and is a bit cheeky. Sorry Harlinish for cluttering your thread.

EDIT: Wrong mod maker... this is TR not TRR! Doh!

Edited by Poodmund

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Jack the Green Ghost said:

Did someone know how to add better texture to the grass and to the trees

? If i can create my own in whitch folder they are?

Not with Texture Replacer, but you can with Kopernicus and there are a couple mods out there that already provide high quality ground textures if that’s what you are looking for.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.