[1.8-1.12] TextureReplacer 4.5.3 (8.2.2022)

shaw

On 23.3.2017 at 2:37 PM, KnutG said:

Hi,

is there anyone here that knows how I can made reflections in the visors of the helmets to be transparent so that I can see the Kerbalheads a little bit behind the reflections? actual i always see reflections on yellow/green glas only like in this image:

full-544-130066-screenshot6.png

I can not see the lovely Kerbal faces! I tryed to edit the values in

colour = 0.5 0.5 0.5

but nothing seems to be other than before - its this possible with texture replacer at the moment? Or maybe it is a conflict with EVE?

no one knows a answer? Maybe I´m the only one who this problem has?

Exiting an underwater craft on Kerbin, the kerbals spawn with no EVA suit on, which is a little alarming!  I know zero about KSP's state flags, but maybe there's an easy one that TR can grab onto to check for underwater first?  Just a thought.

8 hours ago, KnutG said:

no one knows a answer? Maybe I´m the only one who this problem has?

You need to edit the EVAvisor.dds or EVAvisor.png and make it more transparent.  Paint.Net will allow you to do it pretty easily.  You can change the colors of it there too.

Hey guys, I'm currently working on a suit texture pack and I noticed that the custom NRM texture file is not used when in EVA without helmet configuration. It always applies the basic (non modded) one. 

You can see what I mean here, the texture should be "flat" and don't show the volume texture (like the KSP) as we can see on the second picture :

MRShsmr.png

p9DKrQa.png

I have also a question about the Logo applied on the Backpack. as you can see on the second picture, it is not aligned on the backpack itself but floating at some distance from it.

Is this something we can do about it?

And I have a last question, maybe not in the good thread tho, I don't remember since when, but now the shadows show like the where projected from behind the flag floating far away on the KSP launchpad. What I mean is the ground shadows goes from bottom to up of the kerbals like in a big zebra pattern. It does like a blinking or flickering shadows because of the light/dark coming on the kerbal. I just can't show it on still image.

Again, is this something I can do about it ?

16 minutes ago, HaArLiNsH said:

Hey guys, I'm currently working on a suit texture pack and I noticed that the custom NRM texture file is not used when in EVA without helmet configuration. It always applies the basic (non modded) one. 

You can see what I mean here, the texture should be "flat" and don't show the volume texture (like the KSP) as we can see on the second picture :

MRShsmr.png

p9DKrQa.png

I have also a question about the Logo applied on the Backpack. as you can see on the second picture, it is not aligned on the backpack itself but floating at some distance from it.

Is this something we can do about it?

And I have a last question, maybe not in the good thread tho, I don't remember since when, but now the shadows show like the where projected from behind the flag floating far away on the KSP launchpad. What I mean is the ground shadows goes from bottom to up of the kerbals like in a big zebra pattern. It does like a blinking or flickering shadows because of the light/dark coming on the kerbal. I just can't show it on still image.

Again, is this something I can do about it ?

No, and sadly no. ;.; I haven't heard anyone even attempting to change how the flag texture lines up on the backpack and it hasn't been mentioned in any bug reports to my understanding. Same for zebra shadows too. Those both are bugs that probably deserve their own support thread though; they aren't tied to TextureReplacer to my understanding.

Getting an interesting issue with trying to create my own skybox. I'm using textures exported from SpaceEngine, and they are all named correctly.

Dy5lFHL.png

(Apologies if I have made an obvious mistake here. Flipping the positive and negative Y textures doesn't fix this issue.)

17 minutes ago, Poodmund said:

Try swapping yPos and yNeg and rotate yNeg by 180 degrees?

Thank you. It's fixed the issue to an extent. I rotated both by 180 degrees and the 'seam' has gone away. There is another issue, and this might be because of how SpaceEngine exports textures. The Y parts of the skybox are slightly darker. Not sure if this is TextureReplacer because when I join the textures in photoshop they go together flawlessly... Hmm.

YqHjv7H.png

I have found the problem for the NRM map on the IVA suit, I was just mispelling in the name, I used kerbalMainGreyNRM instead of kerbalMainNRM as the name... :)

And for the decal on the backpack, I started to dig in the source files from RangeMachine to find the problem and I just can't find  where the problem come from. The weird thing is that it seems to work flawlessly in EVA in space for example but not on the launchpad.

And while I was searching for this bug, I though "Why don't upgrade a bit this great mod?". As I'm working on a ground EVA suitpack, I modified Texture Replacer so now we can switch to one more suit than before, presently IVA suit -> EVA suit -> EVA ground suit -> IVA suit ... . I've also updated the level system so now we can also change the backpack and the visor with the level.The EVA and EVAground suit share the same visors to help identify the kerbal. I still have to make a checker to use this option or not, because if you use a suit pack without the EVAground suit, when you click the "toggle eva suit", it mixup with the default suit (so it does, IVA -> EVA - > mixup -> IVA ... ), not a game breaker thing but it can seems weird with the "olds" suit packs.

So now the big question, who do I contact to put this changes on the main branch (we could also put RangeMachine's fix on it btw) ? Sorry its my first mod (and it wasn't intentional at the start) and I don't really know how this communitarian thing work. I've downloaded the non official sources from RangeMachine and modified them.  Do I need to make a new fork from it on Github?

I need your expert's advices :)

Edited by HaArLiNsH
grammar and so on

• 2 weeks later...
On 27.03.2017 at 8:45 PM, Cetera said:

You need to edit the EVAvisor.dds or EVAvisor.png and make it more transparent.  Paint.Net will allow you to do it pretty easily.  You can change the colors of it there too.

I searched through all files and I can't find these files anywhere.

36 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

I searched through all files and I can't find these files anywhere.

They don't exist in the files. You either need to download them, or make your own. There is a list in the OP full of suit packs. Most of the suit packs include visors, and probably already have one that meets your needs.

47 minutes ago, Galileo said:

They don't exist in the files. You either need to download them, or make your own. There is a list in the OP full of suit packs. Most of the suit packs include visors, and probably already have one that meets your needs.

I have 

but it seems it's one of the few that doesn't have what I want :/

Hi!

Two users of my mod reported the issue of one texture file being not readable. I suspect this TextureReplacer mod is the potential cause so I tried to resolve it with "cnc_texturereplacer.cfg" below.

Spoiler

TextureReplacer
{
    keepLoaded = ^CommNetConstellation/Textures/
}

However, it didn''t work according to one user. His log shows:

Spoiler

[WRN 09:27:38.132] Config in file '/Volumes/My Disk/KSP_RSS/GameData/CommNetConstellation/cnc_texturereplacer.cfg' contains an unnamed node. Skipping.
[WRN 09:27:43.292] Config in file '/Volumes/My Disk/KSP_RSS/GameData/CommNetConstellation/cnc_texturereplacer.cfg' contains an unnamed node. Skipping.
Changed : CommNetConstellation/cnc_texturereplacer.cfg

Any idea what I did wrong?

Thanks!

Is there a forum moderator who is able and willing to help me update the texture mod list in the OP?  I have found a few skybox and suit mods while overhauling the Community Library.  Some are listed in the pages though out this thread, some are not.

Instead of just piling them in this thread to get slowly lost, I would like to submit a listing to you, the moderator, to paste into the OP.

Hi. Is there a way to get back the original Visor instead of this golden one? I want to use Diverse Kerbal Heads, but with the Texture Replacer Visor i cannot see the faces. I just would like to replace it with the Stock Visors.

Thank You.

1 hour ago, Smarti said:

Hi. Is there a way to get back the original Visor instead of this golden one? I want to use Diverse Kerbal Heads, but with the Texture Replacer Visor i cannot see the faces. I just would like to replace it with the Stock Visors.

Thank You.

Do you have any other TR packs installed?
Go to ...\KSP_win64\GameData\TextureReplacer and in "Default" and "Suits" folder look for "EVAvisor.*" and delete that texture.

11 minutes ago, sebi.zzr said:

Do you have any other TR packs installed?
Go to ...\KSP_win64\GameData\TextureReplacer and in "Default" and "Suits" folder look for "EVAvisor.*" and delete that texture.

No, for now i only have TR without anything else, and ingame the EVA-Visor is golden. For now, there is not such a texture, except a Mod i would use has it.

Wat i would like is, TR with stock Visor and Diverse Kerbal Heads. Thanks for your answer.

1 hour ago, Smarti said:

Hi. Is there a way to get back the original Visor instead of this golden one?

Not sure exactly which way to tweak this to get what you want but go into the @Default.cfg file in the TextureReplacer folder and look for the setting visorReflectionColour. Try changing that to 0 0 0 and see what happens. I think that should make the color transparent, but if not try going the opposite way with 1 1 1

6 minutes ago, Drew Kerman said:

Not sure exactly which way to tweak this to get what you want but go into the @Default.cfg file in the TextureReplacer folder and look for the setting visorReflectionColour. Try changing that to 0 0 0 and see what happens. I think that should make the color transparent, but if not try going the opposite way with 1 1 1

Thanks, but don`t works. 0 0 0 makes the visor dull and 1 1 1 makes it like a mirror, but no transparency to see the faces. I´ll try to mod a texture with Paint.Net now.

3 hours ago, Smarti said:

No, for now i only have TR without anything else, and ingame the EVA-Visor is golden.

I see.:confused:

In space center view is an icon in bottom right corner,click that and change "reflections" to "none"