[1.8-1.12] TextureReplacer 4.5.3 (8.2.2022)

shaw

14 minutes ago, Galileo said:

What?

I think he means the link to the "idiot proof instructions" in the OP, that hasn't worked for more than a year at least.  Just when we get something idiot-proof, someone goes along and invents a better breed of idiot...  

They were a second set of instructions on writing a config for TextureReplacer that was done by Green Skull.

On 23/05/2017 at 11:55 PM, Potato3478 said:

Can some one make a Dunian pack? and by that I mean make blue/cyan skinned kerbals. 

Well I don't know for the blue/cyan skinned Kerbals .. but we should have a Dunian HD suit pack soon (the head is not from me, I'll do a kerbal head pack just after the suits)

Pnn35qq.gif

Also I'll try go get in touch with the mods , I just can't reach the authors but expect also an update for TextureReplacer soon.

just wanted to let you know that I have been trying TR on 1.3 and it seems to crash when going EVA

I've started looking at the code to see if I can fix it, but if someone with more knowledge on TR source code is already working on it, feel free to contact me, I'm happy to help testing and stuff...

I've recompiled the version I 'm working on and it seems to work for the 1.3.

I just need to put some work on it so it still work flawlessly with the olds suits packs.

I'll do my best to get it done tonight or tomorrow so we can have a quick fixed version until I post something more "official" (and I'm sure it will have bugs yet unseen)

EDIT: well I took the fast and easy road, here is a quick recompiled version based on the last version made by RangeMachine. I didn't tested it more than EVA on launchpad but it work.

Tell me if you encounter any problems and expect a more updated and official release Soon™ :)

TextureReplacer_QuickFix_1.3.zip

Edited by HaArLiNsH
link

4 hours ago, HaArLiNsH said:

I just need to put some work on it so it still work flawlessly with the olds suits packs.

I'll do my best to get it done tonight or tomorrow so we can have a quick fixed version until I post something more "official" (and I'm sure it will have bugs yet unseen)

EDIT: well I took the fast and easy road, here is a quick recompiled version based on the last version made by RangeMachine. I didn't tested it more than EVA on launchpad but it work.

Tell me if you encounter any problems and expect a more updated and official release Soon™ :)

tested it a bit and seems to work well, thanks a lot

if you need any help feel free to ping me!

6 hours ago, RangeMachine said:

I'm here, i will make update soon.

Ah RangeMachine, look at your PM  !  I tried to contact you recently about an update of TR. 

6 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

Cool, although sounds like @HaArLiNsH is doing something as well - he said he had a version he was working on and just posted a ZIP so not sure if he branched TR to do something new or....

Yeah I've been working on an update of the mod for my Dunian pack. It allow you to have level on the jetpack and on the visor and also (mostly) to have the abilty to have 3 states on the EVA suits that switch automatically :

- EVA ground atmospheric ( the one we have now for Kerbin without helmet and the in-vehicule suit, to use under suborbital)

- EVA ground no atmosphere (the same idea, to use under suborbital but with the helmet and jetpack, for all the places where you go on the ground but without atmosphere )

- EVA in space (the "basic" one, to use when in space)

Of course an option to deactivate this and still be able to use the old 2 states suits packs will be added too. (still working on that)

I also wanted to add an option to be able to hide the flag on the jetpack (mostly because it can bug and don't align on the model, maybe the 1.3 update fixed that).

And finally I was looking on the actual use of the Male texture for the femelle body because it cause a misalignment on the texture (the elbow is not at the right place for example and you can notice it if you have a detail on it)

As I didn't receive response from neither Shaw or RangeMachine, I was questioning about the need to branch and take on this mod (because its one of the most important for me and it need update).

Edited by HaArLiNsH

On 5/29/2017 at 11:30 AM, HaArLiNsH said:

Lets hope this works! if it does, i`ll be a happy camper! I`ve been having a problem with the texture replacer tab on the ksp tool bar not appearing, and the mod not functioning all together. Can`t tell if its is due to an outdated version, but thats what i`m hoping for.

Edited by FokkerAce

4 hours ago, FokkerAce said:

Lets hope this works! if it does, i`ll be a happy camper! I`ve been having a problem with the texture replacer tab on the ksp tool bar not appearing, and the mod not functioning all together. Can`t tell if its is due to an outdated version, but thats what i`m hoping for.

I guess it was an outdated version. I've just checked the version I uploaded and it work normally :)

1 hour ago, Vorg said:

There is a program called UnityAssetsExplorer that will let you extract the textures.

Nice!  I'll check it out.  Was a little surprised there wasn't a base texture floating around since so many have made texture mods.

Edited by klgraham1013

On 5/27/2017 at 5:09 AM, HaArLiNsH said:

Well I don't know for the blue/cyan skinned Kerbals .. but we should have a Dunian HD suit pack soon (the head is not from me, I'll do a kerbal head pack just after the suits)

Pnn35qq.gif

Also I'll try go get in touch with the mods , I just can't reach the authors but expect also an update for TextureReplacer soon.

That is an awesome suit!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.