[1.8-1.12] TextureReplacer 4.5.3 (8.2.2022)

shaw

@shaw

Hi

I'm attempting to develop a suit for futuristic set, but reading the document on the github, made me confused, what should be the exact structure of the folders and file names to make it work properly?

Also, I don't see any sub numbers for kerbal levels like the vanilla suits on this one, is it a thing or what?

I tried this :

http://prntscr.com/quz2eb

but, changing the suit in vab won't effect jeb, then going to texture replacer, i clicked futuristic, but I only see vanilla orange one !

Edited by Jiraiyah

On 1/29/2020 at 1:56 AM, Doc Shaftoe said:

Your suit retexture packs probably haven't been updated for the 1.5+ Kerbal model. That's why they're not working. I'm pretty sure someone updated the USI kolonization suits, but I don't think it's linked on the first page. You can run a quick forum search or check Spacedock. As far as I know, there haven't been a whole lot of retexture packs put out for the new Kerbal model. 

21 hours ago, Jiraiyah said:

if this is how the new textures are mapped, it's totally out of my capability to tweak the green skull's green/black suit to fit into this, can anyone please help me on this one and if anyone has a link for the new usi suits please share. thanks

Did you refer to this (looks like its been recently updated, too vOv):

https://github.com/ducakar/TextureReplacer/blob/master/GameData/TextureReplacer/%40Default.cfg

The first three keys (prefixed by "log<>"), I think, should get you lists of the new Kerbal model hierarchies & stuff you need to rename/figure out the mapping of textures.

58 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

Your suit retexture packs probably haven't been updated for the 1.5+ Kerbal model. That's why they're not working. I'm pretty sure someone updated the USI kolonization suits, but I don't think it's linked on the first page. You can run a quick forum search or check Spacedock. As far as I know, there haven't been a whole lot of retexture packs put out for the new Kerbal model. 

Did you refer to this (looks like its been recently updated, too vOv):

https://github.com/ducakar/TextureReplacer/blob/master/GameData/TextureReplacer/%40Default.cfg

The first three keys (prefixed by "log<>"), I think, should get you lists of the new Kerbal model hierarchies & stuff you need to rename/figure out the mapping of textures.

I managed it, also managed to have sort of futuristic texture but I have issues with the emissive color and texture file. Even when i directly edit the config files in the squad for the color, the color is not changing, also, when i add the emissive texture, part of the texture is not working.

@shaw

Are you sure you are reading the emissive texture for the futuristic helmet section from the files sitting in the folder?

take a look :

g2Z4RXn.png

as you see the section on the chest is working

0Ia1ode.png

I have two more on the section that belongs to helmet

jDXV1yz.png

and those two markers are not lighting up at all, looks like the helmet section is reading it's values from the internal texture and ignores the one we put into the folder?

Edited by Jiraiyah

@pmborg you only replaced the default head, which is not used in game, unless there are no available heads in `Heads/` directory. Either delete `Heads/` or customise all the heads. Here are ate sources:  https://github.com/ducakar/TextureReplacer-pack.

@Poodmund Ok, I'll think about it and maybe add it in some future version.

@Neevenzz Just enable them in TR GUI in Space Centre screen.

@Jiraiyah @Mordrehl I think all (or at least vast majority of) suits in OP are pre-KSP-1.6, so they don't fit on the current models. A small change was made again for 1.7 for helmet removal. If you look closely you can see there are some artefacts around neck when wearing standard IVA suits (the bright orange one and light-gray-blue one) with the collar removed. Unfortunately Squad haven't fixed them as they cannot appear without collar in the stock game.

9 hours ago, shaw said:

@pmborg you only replaced the default head, which is not used in game, unless there are no available heads in `Heads/` directory. Either delete `Heads/` or customise all the heads. Here are ate sources:  https://github.com/ducakar/TextureReplacer-pack.

@Poodmund Ok, I'll think about it and maybe add it in some future version.

@Neevenzz Just enable them in TR GUI in Space Centre screen.

@Jiraiyah @Mordrehl I think all (or at least vast majority of) suits in OP are pre-KSP-1.6, so they don't fit on the current models. A small change was made again for 1.7 for helmet removal. If you look closely you can see there are some artefacts around neck when wearing standard IVA suits (the bright orange one and light-gray-blue one) with the collar removed. Unfortunately Squad haven't fixed them as they cannot appear without collar in the stock game.

@shaw

I extracted the futuristic suits from assets myself and done the color change on them in photoshop, the only textures available for "futuristic" suit that comes with ground extension, is the only emissive texture we already see in the picture. The images are from the expansion pack not the vanilla normal suit you are talking about unless i got you wrong?

Hey guys,

i just reinstalled the game after a while and ran into a fishy problem with this mod. At first, i am no modder at all, just a simple download, drag, drop, play with mods kinda guy.

So heres my issue:

I like my Kerbals look different so this mod is a must have for me. Installed and tested it in the EVA scenario, like i do with most of my mods; works fine. Here is where it gets funny. When starting a career game all the kerbals look the same. It is possible to change the textures in the replacer menue but they do not seem to apply to the kerbals somehow. Any suggestions?

All the love.

46AFBAD1D06DD02069CF6995D87FCA019C8C9D39

Ignore me, dont look at me. I am just not very smart.... The headtextures work on kerbals after you change the default suite. 

Edited by DrLrdTrt

18 hours ago, shaw said:

Hello @shaw

I have all these "heads", in TextureReplacer\Heads:

• AsianGirl.png
  • AsianGuy.png
  • BlackGirl1.png
  • BlackGirl2.png
  • BlackGirl3.png
  • BlackGuy1.png
  • BlackGuy2.png
  • BlackGuy3.png
  • HispanicGirl.png
  • HispanicGuy.png
  • WhiteGirlBlackHair.png
  • WhiteGirlBlonde.png
  • WhiteGirlBrunette1.png
  • WhiteGirlBrunette2.png
  • WhiteGirlDarkRed.png
  • WhiteGirlGinger.png
  • WhiteGuy1.png
  • WhiteGuy2.png
  • WhiteGuy3.png
  • WhiteGuyBlond.png

and this file:

K:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TextureReplacer>type HumanColored.cfg

• TextureReplacer
  • {
  • atmSuitBodies = Earth
  • GenericKerbals
  •   {
  •     femaleHeads = AsianGirl BlackGirl1 BlackGirl2 BlackGirl3 HispanicGirl WhiteGirlBlackHair WhiteGirlBlonde WhiteGirlBrunette1 WhiteGirlBrunette2 WhiteGirlDarkRed WhiteGirlGinger
  •   }
  • }

All content here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8o2tr6kf0g2ei77/TextureReplacer.zip?dl=0

What do you that cam be wrong?

Thanks.

Hi guys :D  I have a question, i don't know if it is my impression, but i noticed again a bug in texture replacer, that i thought that have been already fixed, because have months that i don't see it happening in the game, but i happened again, it the the classic issue of the face/mounth of the Kerbal glitching when the reflections are actived, i am using the latest version of KSP ( Steam ) and of TR. So does this have a fix already ? ( Without turning off the reflections, or have been fixed yet and i made something wrong while i was modifying KSP and TR archives ?

Hi Gabriel B! Welcome to the forums.

Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do about the face/mouth movements with reflections enabled. It's just part of the deal. You can either run without reflections or have some Kerbals that look like they're on crack. If anything changes I'm sure there'll be plenty of posts about it in this thread.

11 hours ago, Doc Shaftoe said:

Hi Gabriel B! Welcome to the forums.

Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do about the face/mouth movements with reflections enabled. It's just part of the deal. You can either run without reflections or have some Kerbals that look like they're on crack. If anything changes I'm sure there'll be plenty of posts about it in this thread.

Ah ok :D ! Thanks.

On 2/7/2020 at 4:26 AM, Gabriel B said:

Hi guys :D  I have a question, i don't know if it is my impression, but i noticed again a bug in texture replacer, that i thought that have been already fixed, because have months that i don't see it happening in the game, but i happened again, it the the classic issue of the face/mounth of the Kerbal glitching when the reflections are actived, i am using the latest version of KSP ( Steam ) and of TR. So does this have a fix already ? ( Without turning off the reflections, or have been fixed yet and i made something wrong while i was modifying KSP and TR archives ?

Jaw jitter "should" be fixed in TR 4.1.

1 hour ago, derbleifuss said:

Can't select Vintage Spacesuits anymore. Is there any easy Solution for this or should I upload Log Files?

Upload your logs, there might be some clue. Are you sure you have Making History installed correctly?

Has to do something one of them:

KIS

KAS

DangIt

MechJeb

MechJeb for All

JSI

StageRecovery

Interstellar Fuel Switch

Tweak Scale

DMagic Orbital Science

CapCom

Has NOT something to do with:

Vanilla+DLC (obviously)

Kopernicus

Outet Planets

Scatterer

EVE

SVE

SVT

That's as far as I got now

There really seems to be something off with my Making History Installation as I can't switch to the Vintage Suits without Texture Replacer installed either, even after running a Check on the Local Files and even reinstalling KSP.

EDIT: Stupid me posted before considering to try it with Vanilla KSP. There it works flawlessly. So I have to reinstall Mods one by one to find the faulty one yet again...

Furthermore, I'm afraid this:

is caused by Texture Replacer. This is the "other Issue" I was talking about and after removing and then reinstalling all Mods the pink Squares came back after adding Texture Replacer.  To answer your inevitable first Question: I don't have PlanetShine installed.

Edited by derbleifuss

On 2/10/2020 at 12:19 AM, shaw said:

Upload your logs, there might be some clue. Are you sure you have Making History installed correctly?

@shaw

Hi

Who is maintaining the git hub?

https://github.com/ducakar/TextureReplacer/issues/17

The issue was closed indicating that 1.4.1 will be out, but i think it may be forgotten?

Hello, fellow "Texture Replacer"!!!

I'm coming back after A LONG break, and as an author of a suit pack (Araym's Stock Alike Suits, even if it was for KSP 1.3 and Texture Replacer Replaced), I would like to ask a couple of question, because I'm likely willing to resume my efforts.

I saw a couple of promising new suits packs, but also limited to the body of the kerbals. (no jetpack recolors... no parachute backpack recolors)

I would like to ask to the actual mantainer of TR if the documentation of it, on the GitHub, is still valid, about the actual TR:

1. ... I see someone trying to add an emissive, for the "futuristic" suit...
    ... but I'm not sure if anyone had tried to add personalized normals (in my linked above pack I HEAVILY used my own nrm to add patches, a redesigned chestplate and other various details): it still possible in the actual TR?
  2. Backpack (and eventually parachute backpack): the lack of recolors is only caused by the lack of autor doing it, or actually are they not accessible? Again, Github documentation seems to give all the explanation needed, but I hope it is not referring to the pre-1.5 kerbal suit remake only (I managed -somehow... don't ask me how :P- to get the original jetpack, vintage jetpack and parachute diffuse and normals: I would like to "recolor" them :P )
  3. I'm messing with in game config and options, and probably it was just an option for TRR, and not also for TR: is it possible to have, in breathable worlds, the kerbals put the helmet, but on the "IVA" suit???
    I see TR switching from EVA suit (if the helmet is ON) directly to the IVA suit (as soon the helmet is removed)... but personally I would like to have an IVE suit without a jetpack, but with an helmet, sometime........

By the way:
I'm right now starting to mess with TR, and... dunno... considering my work pace, I could start probably to resume from "where I left":

• PHASE 1: recover my psd files. I admit that I'm not a great fan of the new suits... or at least of the default, stock, suit (the "vintage" and "futuristic" ones are decent): there was something more realistic in the past model, mostly because was textured after actual spacesuits used during Shuttle and early ISS missions. Actually: I'm ok-ish with the IVA suit, I like the idea to make as a model (and not only textured) of the safety-belts, but... NO! I cannot condone the laziness of just a white retexture for the EVA: for me is a big "NO TO VISIBLE ZIP IN SPACE!!!!".
    I would like to "retrofit" the old  spacesuit... (i could do this alone :P)
  • PHASE 2: I would like to create some sort of neutral "texture mapping" of the 3 suits, to use it as template and reference for ANYONE willing to do some new design.
    HERE is where I could like to have someone help: my workflow is simply between KSP and Photoshop... I paint some changes, load them in KSP, judge, return to photoshop, change something, repeat untill done...
    ... it could be borderly legal, but has anyone tried to load a kerbal 3d model in any 3d software, to get the UV map of it??? :P
    In any case, I'll need a template....
  • PHASE 3: get all my designs back in KSP!! With "IVAs" being different from "EVAs".
    Before my LONG stop, I was even trying to get some textures not space, related:
    psxOmhT.png

6CILfOW.png

... those where, for example, a couple of tests (never released) to adapt (in KSP 1.3.1, so it was the past model) a "fighter jet" alike kind of texture...

By the way, I guess I'm a bit too excited to be back. :P
Better write a bit less and draw a bit more :D

ADDENDUM:

• How I can stop TR to random assign any face/skin, but just keep spawning "generic-stock kerbal" that, eventually, I could modify later?
    ... this "randomization" keep fighting with my settings, somehow: some kerbal, even if I set them all to be "KSP-stock" looking, keep changin face skin...

6 hours ago, Araym said:

ADDENDUM:

• How I can stop TR to random assign any face/skin, but just keep spawning "generic-stock kerbal" that, eventually, I could modify later?
    ... this "randomization" keep fighting with my settings, somehow: some kerbal, even if I set them all to be "KSP-stock" looking, keep changin face skin...

Nevermind. I found the solution, keeping adjusting my cfg file:

I added initially the code:

CustomKerbals
  {
    Jebediah Kerman  = DEFAULT DEFAULT
    Bill Kerman      = DEFAULT DEFAULT
    Bob Kerman       = DEFAULT DEFAULT
    Valentina Kerman = DEFAULT DEFAULT
  }

to let the "original 4" keep the default appearance, following the explanation in the original TT config: "[...] `skinDir` is a subdirectory inside `Skins/` containing skin textures, `DEFAULT` or `GENERIC` (= unset). [...]"

BUT actually, to work properly, the code MUST be:

CustomKerbals
  {
    Jebediah Kerman  = DEFAULT.m DEFAULT
    Bill Kerman      = DEFAULT.m DEFAULT
    Bob Kerman       = DEFAULT.m DEFAULT
    Valentina Kerman = DEFAULT.f DEFAULT
  }

... with the added "sex" of the kerbal, otherwise it seems that TT fails to read the config itself, but, even more, stops to keep reading even the rest (just after that coding I placed the one for the kerbal traits "ClassSuits", but as I'm testing diffrent skins, TT assumed to go also "random" in suit assignment :P )

@shaw: keep an eye on this behaviour,. to eventually update the explanation in the cfg/TextureReplacement guide ;)

On 2/13/2020 at 1:04 PM, Gabriel B said:

@Poodmund Hi Pood :D ! I would like to ask you, what is the new name in the game assets for the Moho Texture map, and i'd like to know too, if you can say to me how to find this, how to get in the game assets and discover these names, thanks. Bye :). 

To save myself the rigmarole of doing it all again in the future, you can extract the in-game assets using something like https://github.com/Perfare/AssetStudio or https://github.com/DerPopo/UABE and then open the asset bundles in KSP/KSP_x64_Data folder. Export all 17 of the asset bundles and then you should be able to find all the textures and filenames you need. Pro-tip, use the AssetStudio software, then load the whole KSP_x64_Data folder and then go Filter > Texture2D then Export > Filtered Assets, this should export all the textures from the whole game. Then sort the extracted files by filesize descending and the large textures should be near the top.