[1.8-1.12] TextureReplacer 4.5.3 (8.2.2022)

shaw

22 hours ago, Poodmund said:

Seems like a silly question to ask but have you installed the base Texture Replacer mod? (https://github.com/RangeMachine/TextureReplacer/releases

Ensure that is installed, then drop my Skybox files into the GameData folder and it should locate them within the correct folders in TextureReplacer's directory.

To make sure, you should be able to navigate to ..\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TextureReplacer\Default and be able to see the 6 .dds images and ..\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TextureReplacer\EnvMap to see the 6 small .png images of my mod. If you can, then it should all be working.

Alternatively, you can now download and install any of my 3 Skyboxes for KSP 1.1.3 via CKAN or via SpaceDock:

Calm Nebula

Deep Star Map

Milky Way

-------------------

Thank you for bringing this to my attention though, @RMAJ_gaming, I have edited the SpaceDock listings to include installation instructions for those not familiar with the install process.

lol you know what... thats probably it. i thought the skybox had everything included in the download. xD thanks for the help, i'm going to go and do that thing now xD

I don't like to bundle dependencies in with my distributions of my mods as it causes overwrites, out-of-date mods to persist in old repos and is just general bad practice.

It pretty much all cases, its best for the mod user to navigate to the separate mod's own page and follow the download and install instructions from there.

Hello guys! I made a skybox. It looks nice... It has a star cluster... ummm..... It looks nice. :)

xD But no, honestly I am proud of this. :D So all you guys can have it too!

Pics

I05OD9p.png

HIioNnj.png

It's in 4k resolution. Here's the link. Enjoy! :D 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qxbos0bad31fg8e/SmashingKirbysSkybox.rar?dl=0

Why won't my link show up? Ok what about now?

It's in 4k resolution. Here's the link. Enjoy! :D 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qxbos0bad31fg8e/SmashingKirbysSkybox.rar?dl=0

Oh there we go. xD

Edited by SmashingKirby148

27 minutes ago, Brigadier said:

Is this more of a Texture Replacer or an Indicator LIghts issue?

I'd say an IndicatorLights issue. If the two mods were installed and TextureReplacer wouldn't be working it would be a TextureReplacer issue. But because IndicatorLights isn't working it's an IndicatorLights issue. That's just my two cents. :P

Hello guys, 

I am red/green color blind and the stock navball is killing me.  I cannot see the target prograde and retrograde markers.  I had a texture that was great but it no longer works 1.1.3.  Has there been any progress in figuring out how to change the navball texture in 1.1.3?

Thanks

-RM

5 minutes ago, ctbram said:

Hello guys, 

I am red/green color blind and the stock navball is killing me.  I cannot see the target prograde and retrograde markers.  I had a texture that was great but it no longer works 1.1.3.  Has there been any progress in figuring out how to change the navball texture in 1.1.3?

Thanks

-RM

There was a mod before where in game you can change the colour of any of the markers, but not the ball itself. I forget what it's called though. :P

1 hour ago, ctbram said:

Hello guys, 

Thanks

-RM

Here are a couple of things that may help you:

It is an old post on an old thread, but the app has been updated.  It allows you to replace the NavBall texture to something high-contrast.  You'll need to download your own texture, but googling seems to have a lot of them, and you cand find what works best for you.

This mod allows you to change the size and color of the markings on the NavBall, amongst other settings.  It may be sufficient on its own.  It had some severe FPS issues that the mod author says have been fixed.

I can verify that @xEvilReeperx 's making high contrast navball thing that @Cetera posted the thread to, worx perfectly in 1.1.3

Its one of my Top10 Must Have Mods...

If you skim thru the thread, you can pick out and download any textured navballs you want, that people have posted...

Also, you can apply your changed navball texture to any RPM screens you may have, in any IVAs that use RPM... At least you could in 1.0.5... I havent tested for 1.1.x yet.. :P

Here's my post on it, with instructions:

After having verified that I have the latest version of this installed, AVC is still reporting that this was built for 1.1 and not for 1.3. Any ideas why this might be the case? It certainly working correctly, I'm just trying to clear out alerts as much as possible.

12 minutes ago, Shadriss said:

AVC is still reporting that this was built for 1.1 and not for 1.3. Any ideas why this might be the case?

because that's the truth? I don't recall there ever being an official recompile for 1.1.3, so yea you're running a v1.1 mod that should warn you accordingly.

Personally I just delete all instances of MiniAVC.dll

Edited by Drew Kerman

Interesting, given that CKAN reported it as 1.3 on it's screen... I only just noticed the discrepancy. And I'm not running MiniAVC... I run the full version since CKAN doesn't always have the latest versions. Thanks for the reply... just wish it hadn't been such a blatently obvious question. *facepalm*

Is there a way to tell TextureReplace to skip mipmap generation for a particular mod or path?

It's breaking IndicatorLights, which has some 2x2 pixel png's under GameData/IndicatorLights/Parts.  Unfortunately these get picked up by the directive in @Default.cfg which reads:

generateMipmaps = /FX/ /Parts/ /Props/ /Spaces/

When I set isMipmapGenEnabled = never things are fine.  I'd like to set up some exclude paths for the IndicatorLights subfolders which override the above, in a "good citizen" manner that doesn't change the behavior for any other mods.

Edited by Fwiffo

I've whipped up another at the special request from forum user @Errol who wrote a very heartfelt plea to try to create something that he would like to see in game.

The result was the merging of the Milky Way skybox at an angled tilt with the Deep Star Map skybox layered over to increase the star field density with a few extra bits dotted here and there. I think I have achieved what Errol requested, so I'll let him try it out and respond. :D

3oz8xG2SoeEJvJBRWo.gif

Obviously the gif doesn't do it true justice. Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hkfkqy3c2hgta0d/PoodsTiltedMilkyWay.zip?dl=0

I strongly advise the use of...

... when using the skyboxes and adjusting the "Dynamic Skybox Brightness" to suit your liking as to whether you like it bright or dark in certain situations as you ascend etc.

Edited by Poodmund

13 minutes ago, Poodmund said:

I've whipped up another at the special request from forum user @Errol who wrote a very heartfelt plea to try to create something that he would like to see in game.

The result was the merging of the Milky Way skybox at an angled tilt with the Deep Star Map skybox layered over to increase the star field density with a few extra bits dotted here and there. I think I have achieved what Errol requested, so I'll let him try it out and respond. :D

3oz8xG2SoeEJvJBRWo.gif

Obviously the gif doesn't do it true justice. Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hkfkqy3c2hgta0d/PoodsTiltedMilkyWay.zip?dl=0

I strongly advise the use of...

... when using the skyboxes and adjusting the "Dynamic Skybox Brightness" to suit your liking as to whether you like it bright or dark in certain situations as you ascend etc.

That looks awesome 

3 hours ago, Poodmund said:

The result was the merging of the Milky Way skybox at an angled tilt with the Deep Star Map skybox layered over to increase the star field density with a few extra bits dotted here and there. I think I have achieved what Errol requested, so I'll let him try it out and respond. :D ...

This looks absolutely superb! It is pretty much exactly what I was hoping for! I will be using this skybox box as long as there is a texture replacer mod to load it with. Thank you so much!

On 2/1/2016 at 3:23 PM, Poodmund said:

Thanks for the input. I'll see what I can come up with. Anywho, I just uploaded another Skybox; attached to my previous post above. It looks rather nice in-game as you are surrounded by Stars/clusters in all directions.

officially in use for my KSA Reboot! Loving it :)

28671736631_13fbfff882.jpg

Hello.

Can someone direct me to older versions?

I need it to work with KSP 1.0.4. Neither TextureReplacer 2.4.13 nor v2.4.14 seem to work.

I have placed new textures in the folder \GameData\TextureReplacer\Default\ and named them GalaxyTex_PositiveX, GalaxyTex_PositiveY, etc. Didn't work. Then I downloaded textures from someone else to test it and even placed just half of them. I took a few files and made them completely black but after the game load, there are no 'holes' in the sky. No changes were made to the .cfg files. I restarted the game every time I changed the files in the folder. I use Windows and no other texture mods.