[1.8-1.12] TextureReplacer 4.5.3 (8.2.2022)

shaw

4 hours ago, RocketsRUs said:

Bless you my son.... I considered the built-in ones, but am not familiar enough with the directory layouts to know where to find them!

Curious, were they changed because the models changed?  

They had to be extracted through GPU (rendered into a FBO and exported as a PNG).

Yes, they were changed because of a new model and collar removal. Because of the latter, I recommend you to base suit textures for the standard suit on the EVA texture, since Squad only fixed EVA texture to work with hidden collar. There are some artefacts around neck if you hide collar on the standard IVA suits (orange and light-blue ones).

Hello, everybody!

I've encountered some very persistent bug - EVA visors do reflect, but separate parts of image are displaced. I've tried it on ksp 1.4.5 and 1.6.1 and checked all TextureReplacer versions 3.2-3.7. I've made some screenshots, on the ground visors reflect the terrain normally and upside down, in space - just a random mess, also visors reflect parts of the backpack. Screenshots made on ksp 1.6.1 x64 with only TextureReplacer mod, no DLC, Steam, Windows.

Sorry, I didn't find the solution by myself. Any idea how to fix it?

i7tm4ZT.jpgf8kNH1l.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Tanner Rawlings said:

I've been wanting to make just some slight tweaks to the stock suits to fit my playthrough (Colored Stripes, Flags ect.) but i can't find the stock textures anywhere, does anyone have the textures or know where in the files or how i can get them?

They are in an asset bundle. They are not super easy to get to as you need to get a unity asset extraction program.

I am getting numerous errors in my logs that are related to TextureReplacer 2.7.0.0 (but not necessarily capable of interpreting them) when running KSP 1.7.1. This is RangeMachine's version, I found the link in the first page of this thread and chose this one because it is mentioned that reflections are working and because the version is dated in March this year versus January for others. Is it not updated for this version of the game yet, or is there another version somewhere that I didn't find? 

(I can upload my KSP.log if necessary, but would first want to make sure I am using the right version of TextureReplacer before bothering anyone.)

[Edit] Oh wait, RangeMachine's version is dated in March 2018, not 2019. I have to try other version then.

[Edit 2] Bingo. Sorry for the noise.

Edited by Korb Biakustra

On 6/7/2019 at 4:58 PM, shaw said:
On 5/30/2019 at 2:25 PM, Bombaatu said:

Interesting bug - if you enable the suit from Breaking Ground, your Kerbal will no longer have the custom head you set up for them. 

Yeah, new models and the TR module that replaces EVA textures is not bound to them. I'll fix this once I buy that DLC.

It'd be neat if TR could also change the new suit's emissive colours so that different classes have different default colours, instead of everybody in orange until it's changed in PAW.

3 hours ago, Betsumei said:

It'd be neat if TR could also change the new suit's emissive colours so that different classes have different default colours, instead of everybody in orange until it's changed in PAW.

TR not needed:

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Cannon said:

I'm having the same problem as the video below shows,
how do I fix it?

C'mon is does nobody look a page or two back the thread? Now, I'm really tired of explaining it why it happens and how to fix it (no, there's no way to fix it without other adverse effects).

6 hours ago, shaw said:

C'mon is does nobody look a page or two back the thread? Now, I'm really tired of explaining it why it happens and how to fix it (no, there's no way to fix it without other adverse effects).

Changing reflectionInterval to 1 didn't fix it for me. Is there any other fix? Can I disable reflections completely?
EDIT: Disabled them (reflectionType = none; isVisorReflectionEnabled = false), still no difference. Lips shaking like they have parkinson's.

Edited by Cannon

Alright guys since NONE of the kerbal suit texture/color packs work anymore on 1.7.x, I made my own. These are textures for both EVA and IVA skins. I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but maybe someone can add it to that list on the main post on the first page or something.

Included colors are:

• Blue
  • Green
  • Orange
  • Purple
  • Red
  • Yellow
  • Black
  • Plaid
  • Unicorn Vomit

Here are screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/pvJBjnq

Needless to say this requires Texture Replacer.

Here's the download link: https://spacedock.info/mod/2189/Kerbal suit colors for 1.7.x?ga=<Game+3102+'Kerbal+Space+Program'>

License information: anyone is free to do whatever they want with this. Use it to make something cool or for world domination, I don't care.

Edited by Xeraster

10 hours ago, Xeraster said:

Nice ;)

Uhmm.. you forgot to click the "Publish" button on SpaceDock, methinks... getting a 404err from that link...
also, you might want to edit your post above, to add a license, so people know what they can/cannot do with these... even in 10yrs, when SpaceDock may be gone... :P

Edited by Stone Blue

On 7/21/2019 at 5:44 PM, Xeraster said:

Wow I did forget to publish it. It's fixed now.

Noob question: how'd you get your heads to work? I have just started playing again recently and can't get mine to register.

Edit: NVM, i got it working!

Edited by Roskii Heiral

On 7/13/2019 at 5:29 AM, Cannon said:

Changing reflectionInterval to 1 didn't fix it for me. Is there any other fix? Can I disable reflections completely?
EDIT: Disabled them (reflectionType = none; isVisorReflectionEnabled = false), still no difference. Lips shaking like they have parkinson's.

You have to change it in the game, not in global settings (isVisorReflectionEnabled is only initial setting for new games, it gets overridden by game setting later which you can change from GUI in Space Centre screen). As I experimented, I only got shaking at reflectionInterval >= 3. On some values (I think 2) there were glitches in ragdoll physics ... The only way to completely avoid al reflection-related issues is to disable them.

Edited by shaw

Made a little E:D sky-box after creating a giant panoramic mosaic in-game, this is my first sky-box, feel free to use it, modify it, and share it around.

Skybox DDS Download link https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UufdIjVpnoxlDdifqlAj_2Qrvkt4yJR2/view?usp=sharing

DDS verison also bundled with Beyond Home

Equirectangular Form : https://www.dropbox.com/s/qraaxdw3puix59t/big boi.png?dl=0

Make sure to download this config.cfg and move it to your gamedata when using Sigma Replacements  : https://www.dropbox.com/s/0gm128ofy9t1f9f/config.cfg.cfg?dl=0

Sigma replacements : https://github.com/Sigma88/Sigma-Replacements/releases/download/B_v0.5.1/Sigma-Replacements_SkyBox.v0.5.1.zip

- To Install in TextureReplacer, Simply unzip the file and extract the files into their respective folders inside TextureReplacer/Default folder

- To Install using SigmaReplacements, Download the google drive folder titled "Skybox"

-Delete the existing skybox folder and drop the downloaded one in Sigma\Replacements

Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Sigma\Replacements\SkyBox\

3. Then install the config.cfg https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zOwyQaf8QkbB6Fx8g8Cx3qK2oZgJ1Y_y/view?usp=sharing and drop it into your gamedata

4. Enjoy

unknown.png

unknown-3.png

(Screenshot from Beyond Home) (Credit to Gameslinx BH)

Post image

Image gallery, imgur https://imgur.com/a/Poo2aFx

Edited by KSPFanatic102
added config, fixed download link, replaced with DDS verison and drive link, fixed config link

Hi, I hope you can help me!

Basically, I have made my own high res skybox using Space Engine. I've gone 6144 x 6144px and saved it uncompressed, so each tile is 108MB

This worked flawlessly in 1.3.1, but since I moved to 1.6.1 (I'm an RO/RSS user) I frequently get the following in the log file:

[LOG 16:40:13.833] Load(Texture): TextureReplacer/Default/GalaxyTex_NegativeX
[ERR 16:40:14.527] SetPixels32 called with invalid number of pixels in the array

[LOG 16:40:15.417] Load(Texture): TextureReplacer/Default/GalaxyTex_NegativeY
[LOG 16:40:16.132] Load(Texture): TextureReplacer/Default/GalaxyTex_NegativeZ
[LOG 16:40:16.849] Load(Texture): TextureReplacer/Default/GalaxyTex_PositiveX
[LOG 16:40:17.976] Load(Texture): TextureReplacer/Default/GalaxyTex_PositiveY
[LOG 16:40:18.717] Load(Texture): TextureReplacer/Default/GalaxyTex_PositiveZ

Then I have one face as a solid mid grey instead of a detailed starfield, which looks bad obviously

It's not always the same one, sometimes it is multiple, sometimes they all load up no problem.

So I get that it might be because they are large files, but does anyone know why this is happening and what I could do about it?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/20/2019 at 8:42 PM, Xeraster said:

Included colors are:

• Blue
  • Green
  • Orange
  • Purple
  • Red
  • Yellow
  • Black
  • Plaid
  • Unicorn Vomit

I like the Unicorn Vomit. Reminds me of the Dazzle Camouflage that ships used to use.

On 7/29/2019 at 6:00 PM, RealTimeShepherd said:

Hi, I hope you can help me!

Basically, I have made my own high res skybox using Space Engine. I've gone 6144 x 6144px and saved it uncompressed, so each tile is 108MB

This worked flawlessly in 1.3.1, but since I moved to 1.6.1 (I'm an RO/RSS user) I frequently get the following in the log file:

[LOG 16:40:13.833] Load(Texture): TextureReplacer/Default/GalaxyTex_NegativeX
[ERR 16:40:14.527] SetPixels32 called with invalid number of pixels in the array

[LOG 16:40:15.417] Load(Texture): TextureReplacer/Default/GalaxyTex_NegativeY
[LOG 16:40:16.132] Load(Texture): TextureReplacer/Default/GalaxyTex_NegativeZ
[LOG 16:40:16.849] Load(Texture): TextureReplacer/Default/GalaxyTex_PositiveX
[LOG 16:40:17.976] Load(Texture): TextureReplacer/Default/GalaxyTex_PositiveY
[LOG 16:40:18.717] Load(Texture): TextureReplacer/Default/GalaxyTex_PositiveZ

Then I have one face as a solid mid grey instead of a detailed starfield, which looks bad obviously

It's not always the same one, sometimes it is multiple, sometimes they all load up no problem.

So I get that it might be because they are large files, but does anyone know why this is happening and what I could do about it?

Make dimensions powers of 2.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.