[1.8-1.12] TextureReplacer 4.5.3 (8.2.2022)

shaw

On 9/7/2018 at 5:15 PM, Omega482 said:

Of course that won't work!

That's because this texture isn't supposed to go on that suit! Its supposed to go on the MH suit only. Click the Vintage Button in the Texture replacer menu or change your suit to vintage.
You can't expect the texture to work on the standard space suit because that's not how textures work. it will only work on the Vintage suit from Making History.

If you are still active, @Omega482, can you tell me if this is broken or something? I dropped the folder in suits but it won't let me apply it to the vintage suit. The buttons are greyed out. I can apply it to the standard suit like that guy did, but that obviously doesn't work.

Is it just me or is reflection currently still broken? (On both parts and helmet visor)

I see that there are patch notes on reflection stuff getting fixed and no one else seems to be having any issues. I see no exceptions in my logs. 

Edit: Sorry. I found the issue. Reflection had to be enabled in the settings menu of both the game and the mod. 

Edited by Jerry060599

How do I change the settings so that veteran kerbals automatically get the suit that I've set aside for veterans? I'm using the Earn Your Stripes mod and I want all the kerbals that attain the veteran status to automatically get a veteran suit. I know I could do it manually, but I'd probably just forget lol.

Hi  @shaw , I posted an updated package of GreeningGalaxy's Diverse Kerbal Lasses a couple of days ago, for TR 4.1.3 (tested in KSP 1.9.1).

The original creator hasn't been seen for a long while, the download links have been dead for a while already, and the internet didn't have these textures anywhere. But the license allows re-posting them, and I happened to have a copy from back when the downloads were available. Care to link the updated package from the first post? Or is it better if I make a dedicated thread in the add-on forum?

Everyone: Is there an interest in other repackages for TR 4.1.3?

At least in cases where the original creator has vanished, and the license allows, I think it would make sense to provide updated packages, to reduce the installation effort.

In my own KSP install, I currently have TR 4.1.3 versions of Repimped Farmer's female Lasses by Bizz Keryear, necKros's female heads, and Hotaru's Simple female heads (none yet posted, links go to the original posts).

The first one is licensed CC BY-NC, so it's clearly ok to re-post.

The second one is a borderline case, because no explicit license was specified. Maybe better if I provide just a bash script for converting the original download into the format used by TR 4.1.3?

The third one is CC BY-NC-SA, but Hotaru is still active, so I'll ask them first.

On 3/27/2020 at 11:53 AM, Technologicat said:

If anyone has a copy of the template, a.k.a. the Lass GIMP File (kerbalGirl_Base_2.xcf), please let me know - it would be a welcome addition to this package.

Since it's CC-BY, and I happened to have a local copy,

greening-galaxy-kerbalgirl_base_2.xcf

Enjoy ; )

EDIT: Note that the sha256sums differ, but AFAICT the file is the same; I probably did some layer visibility changes and didn't think to make a copy beforehand.

Edited by Corax

5 hours ago, Corax said:

Since it's CC-BY, and I happened to have a local copy,

greening-galaxy-kerbalgirl_base_2.xcf

Enjoy ; )

EDIT: Note that the sha256sums differ, but AFAICT the file is the same; I probably did some layer visibility changes and didn't think to make a copy beforehand.

Thank you! Package updated.

Well... I posted a post weeks earlier but it seem to be ignored. Maybe I asked it in the wrong topic...

Anyway, I will shamelessly re-ask it here with some pictures. I want my kerbals' helmets to have a reflection and a color like sunglasses, which means that I can't see the faces of the kerbals through their helmets like the picture below.

GpCAkv9REyFZfLM.png5tGusqEY89Kx61f.png

(I captured it in other's videos so please ignore the resolution.)

I have installed TR, but it only gives it a beautiful reflection but it didn't change the color of the mask. What should I do?

On 4/8/2020 at 8:27 AM, Harvey W. said:

Well... I posted a post weeks earlier but it seem to be ignored. Maybe I asked it in the wrong topic...

Anyway, I will shamelessly re-ask it here with some pictures. I want my kerbals' helmets to have a reflection and a color like sunglasses, which means that I can't see the faces of the kerbals through their helmets like the picture below.

GpCAkv9REyFZfLM.png5tGusqEY89Kx61f.png

(I captured it in other's videos so please ignore the resolution.)

I have installed TR, but it only gives it a beautiful reflection but it didn't change the color of the mask. What should I do?

I think you need a different visor texture. Look for post 1.5.1 packs. Spacedock is the fastest way to find newer ones.

11 hours ago, Harvey W. said:

Are there any specific mods or key words I can search for?

I think the texture in question is EVAVisor, and probably needs to be placed in GameData/TextureReplacer/Default.

Looking for EVAVisor in this thread should yield results; failing that, I think GPP (Galileo's Planet Pack) comes with one that might serve as a starting point.

Edited by Corax

17 hours ago, Harvey W. said:

Are there any specific mods or key words I can search for?

texture replacer suit works for me. There are not many compatible packs. https://spacedock.info/kerbal-space-program/search?query=texture+replacer+suit

This one should have woking reflections, but it's .dds so it may be harder for you to modify. https://spacedock.info/mod/1988/Klassic colored suits for KSP 1.5

This one is .png but it doesn't seem to have visor textures. https://spacedock.info/mod/2030/Gregrox's Multi Color Suit Pack 2.0

I think the opacity has something to do with the alpha layer. I can see if I can create an opaque version but don't count on it. I'm a severe procrastinator.

On 4/2/2020 at 10:34 AM, Technologicat said:

Everyone: Is there an interest in other repackages for TR 4.1.3?

At least in cases where the original creator has vanished, and the license allows, I think it would make sense to provide updated packages, to reduce the installation effort.

I wonder if the mod military suit textures https://spacedock.info/mod/884/Military Suit Textures Mod could be restored. The creator hasn't made any content since 1.2.2, (so I'm sure that counts as vanished).The license is MIT

Edited by Dylan the kermunnist

On 4/19/2020 at 12:34 AM, Dylan the kermunnist said:

I wonder if the mod military suit textures https://spacedock.info/mod/884/Military Suit Textures Mod could be restored. The creator hasn't made any content since 1.2.2, (so I'm sure that counts as vanished).The license is MIT

Updating suit packs has the technical issue that the suit mesh was changed in KSP 1.7, so suit textures for made any version older than 1.7 are not compatible. The texture itself must be redrawn to fit the new geometry. (But I haven't looked at how major the changes are. Texture creators may know more.)

The suit color pack by Xeraster is the only suit texture pack I'm aware of that works in KSP 1.7 or later... but then, I mainly use TR to get some variety for the heads, so I don't know much about suits.

Head textures are easier. Heads made for any KSP 1.x are still compatible with 1.9, as long as the folder structure (how the files are organized) of the texture pack is updated to follow the conventions of current versions of TR.

(EDIT: Araym recently posted a template that shows the new UVs. Off the top of my head, I don't know how different that is from the old suit textures, i.e. whether those could be photoshopped/GIMPed onto it or not.)

Edited by Technologicat
Add link to template

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if the new suit textures use the same name as the old ones? I'm trying to work out how to get TR to replace the suit textures on the new model but I can't figure out what they should be named / how to get TR to recognize them in-game. I can still change the Kerbal's faces but not the suits.

EDIT: I've tried to use an Asset Bundle thing to browse through and see if I could spot either the textures or the models. I found the textures for the Orange suit and the Future suit but not the default, normal Kerbal suit. I found the NormalMap for the default suit but I couldn't seem to find any diffuse textures for it.

EDIT2: Well, I didn't think I changed anything but apparently it works now. New textures still use the old filename "EVAtexture" but following another modder's example, I duplicated the textures and have a copy named "kerbalMainGrey" and it seems to work. Here's my "EVA survival suit" version 2!

UOmkQsB.jpg

Release coming...soon-ish

Edited by -ctn-

Great mod but ... it it possible to use it in other places than only in KSC ? I've put few kerbals on the launchpad to test the different skins and suits but I cannot change that "in real time" (having the kerbals in front of me) because the mod does not appear in the toolbar f.e. in fly mode so I have to go back to KSC, change things and then get back to the launchpad to see the results ...

BTW: is there a mod to "free the camera" when in KSC so you can travel freely instead of beeing "stuck" with your camera in the center of the KSC ?

LKS (using KSP 1.8.1 thus the version 4.1.1 of this mod)

PS: a window showing directly the look of your (selected) kerbal should be a great extension of this mod ... because the "flat" png/other pictures are not very "self explanatory" ;)

2 minutes ago, LukeStrike said:

Great mod but ... it it possible to use it in other places than only in KSC ? I've put few kerbals on the launchpad to test the different skins and suits but I cannot change that "in real time" (having the kerbals in front of me) because the mod does not appear in the toolbar f.e. in fly mode so I have to go back to KSC, change things and then get back to the launchpad to see the results ...

BTW: is there a mod to "free the camera" when in KSC so you can travel freely instead of beeing "stuck" with your camera in the center of the KSC ?

LKS (using KSP 1.8.1 thus the version 4.1.1 of this mod)

PS: a window showing directly the look of your (selected) kerbal should be a great extension of this mod ... because the "flat" png/other pictures are not very "self explanatory" ;)

The toolbar shows up in the KSC, you must choose the suit texture of your Kerbals there. Ideally you can load 8 different textures at one time to decide which ones you like (or look at modder's images) by selecting a different suit for Jeb/Bill/Bob/Val/Pilot/Scientist/Engineer/Tourist and loading a craft with one of each onboard.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.