[1.8-1.12] TextureReplacer 4.5.3 (8.2.2022)

shaw

Your "huge blue background" is the world being reflected in real time in the visor. It's a great feature - check it out from space to see what I mean. However, if you don't like it, you can click on TR's settings icon in the space center and change reflections to "Static" - you'll get your skybox reflections in the visor then. Everywhere. Even on Kerbin in the daytime.

I've got the same issue as wal310. In space there is no reflection of the skybox, but a blue background instead. The craft, and nearby celestial bodies are reflected fine. To illustrate, here's a screenshot.

Erym7qI.jpg

Edit: While I don't think it makes a difference, maybe I should state here, that I'm using 64bit KSP on Linux, and that I tried skybox textures in .png and .dds format.

Edit 2: Also, I've been using Texture Replacer with 0.90, also using the same dds skybox (with the ddsloader mod) and reflections were working back then.

Edit 3: Just tried with a fresh install of 1.0.2 without a custom skybox. Same issue, both with 32 and 64bit Linux clients.

Edited by soulsource

navballtesturereplacer is not getting updated to 1.0 they say in the thread that texturereplacer can do it.

Can someone please tell me how?

I am red/green color blind and cannot see the markers on the default navball which makes the game almost unplayable for me. I get a raging headache squinting and leaning in 1/2 inch from my monitor trying the see the GD markers. The magenta one goes nearly completely invisible to me!!!!

What tool would you all recommend for editing Kerbal skinmaps? I'm planning to start a "special" career mode, and I need the Kerbals to have a lightly-saturated orange skintone(like this) for that.

Quick preview to my upcoming texture pack, class based suits will be included too as well as something for the VIP passengers.

http://i.imgur.com/X7EJHJO.jpg

Ooo, looks interesting.

What tool would you all recommend for editing Kerbal skinmaps? I'm planning to start a "special" career mode, and I need the Kerbals to have a lightly-saturated orange skintone(like this) for that.

Ooo, looks interesting.

Will also include a load of extra different Kerbal head textures too.

Thought Squad would have released a new IVA suit with V1.0 but they didn't. They did give me permission to recreate it though so if there's interest I'll include it in the pack

(preview of the IVA suit taken from the KSP facebook 23Iopxx.jpg)

Quick preview to my upcoming texture pack, class based suits will be included too as well as something for the VIP passengers.

It's such a relief to see someone talented do this. I was trying to make a couple, but my graphical skills are... absent. Yours look really good. (I like your older textures, too.)

Dear sir,you are doing amazing job,but have you considered to put little more live in your colors?Maybe orange-pilot,blue-scientist,yellow-engineer,red-tourist;similar to pingonaut's Color-coordinated Astronaut Suits.Thank you.

regards

When I look in my kerbals reflection I see little squares with the skybox texture in it. Do you have any idea what that might be?

Skybox is not reflected correctly. It's even worse in space, the skybox is totally blue. I still haven't found a way to fix that, so switch to static reflections if it bothers you.

Will also include a load of extra different Kerbal head textures too.

Thought Squad would have released a new IVA suit with V1.0 but they didn't. They did give me permission to recreate it though so if there's interest I'll include it in the pack

I couldn't live without TR in Beta and I'm looking forward to your pack! Since Squad gave you permission, might as well make that extra suit!

Something has changed? I used to just install this mod and add the mmrtreflections.cfg to the root of my gamedata folder and all my kerbals had reflections in their helmets and certain ships had reflections.

With the 1.0 version I am not getting any reflections what do I need to do to fix this?

Is there a master list of all texture names somewhere? I can't find one though I remember there being one. I'm making my own spaceplane color corrections mod HERE and I'm wanting to port it over to TextureReplacer, though I don't know what I should name the textures to have TextureReplacer recognize them.

Here are the stock texture names of the parts I'm currently changing if it helps, but I would like to know the names to all parts, as I will be expanding the mod to encompass a few rocket parts too.

GameData\Squad\Parts\Aero\wings\wings.dds

GameData\Squad\Parts\Aero\airplaneFins\airplaneFins.dds

GameData\Squad\Parts\Aero\shuttleWings/ShuttleWings.dds

GameData\Squad\Parts\FuelTank\Size3LargeTank\fueltTanks_cm.dds

GameData\Squad\Parts\FuelTank\Size3MediumTank\fueltTanks_cm.dds

GameData\Squad\Parts\FuelTank\Size3SmallTank\fueltTanks_cm.dds

In TextureReplacer/Default make folder named squad/parts,then organize parts in categories Aero,FuelTank and put textures in the right categorie.

for example: TextureReplacer/Default/Squad\Parts\Aero\wings\wings.dds

In TextureReplacer/Default make folder named squad/parts,then organize parts in categories Aero,FuelTank and put textures in the right categorie.

for example: TextureReplacer/Default/Squad\Parts\Aero\wings\wings.dds

Not working :/ Here's how I have it set up now:

(sorry location is hard to read)

ETCpJSp.png

Something has changed? I used to just install this mod and add the mmrtreflections.cfg to the root of my gamedata folder and all my kerbals had reflections in their helmets and certain ships had reflections.

With the 1.0 version I am not getting any reflections what do I need to do to fix this?

What is that mmrtreflections.cfg file?

- - - Updated - - -

So the Kerbal's textures are .mat files huh? That explains why I couldn't find them. I've only been able to check dds, does anyone know how to edit/view/convert a .mat?

Texture have ".tex" extension when listed in AssetExplorer. You can export them as DDS.

another bug happens where I can't switch it to static reflections and it just skips over to none. Im okay with no reflections I just thought it would help with debugging if I told you what issues im having :)