[1.8-1.12] TextureReplacer 4.5.3 (8.2.2022)

shaw

On 10/21/2018 at 10:02 AM, CaptKordite said:

I've been working on this myself but am probably several steps behind you. I've been using GregroxMun's MultiColor Suit Pack for a long time and rely on the colors to identify rolls. If I can export the default suit so that it works in Texture Replace, a simple changing of stripe colors will solve my problems.
RYms1S1.png

I really want to update my pack, but I need the new default veteran and EVA suits to make it work! Does anyone, perhaps @Omega482, have the default textures?

12 hours ago, GregroxMun said:

I really want to update my pack, but I need the new default veteran and EVA suits to make it work! Does anyone, perhaps @Omega482, have the default textures?

Unfortunately, I would be in breach of the EULA and the forum rules if I were to distribute the default textures to you. It would also be a breach if I were to tell you how to get the assets for yourself.
You'll just have to find a way to Unpack the Assets yourself. Sorry!

You could always use the textures from my pack? They are under a non-commercial share-alike license so you are free to edit them.

Edited by Omega482

1 hour ago, Burning Kan said:

wait if i make a SS from the making of video would it breach the EULA?

You mean if you took a screenshot from the video where they showed the texture sheet? I don't think you will be in breach of EULA because; 1. You didn't unpack the game files to go get it. 2. You didn't distribute the in-game texture to anybody.
The EULA basically says don't take apart our software and spread our assets around the internet and don't tell anyone how to take apart our software.

The way that suit texture mods get around this is that we produce a texture sheet that is not the same as the default one. It's been edited.

Edited by Omega482

Nonono
I said DON'T distribute the textures!

I said that as long as you Don't spread the assets around on the internet!
Did I not just say Don't go posting the in game textures? Jesus

Edited by Omega482

2 hours ago, Burning Kan said:

so when i change some colors and stuff could it be then shared?

Use the sheet as an exemplar like 'trace over the top' so you know where your new colours are supposed to go. But don't have any original detail in your final file.

Peace.

19 hours ago, KraterKreator said:

@shaw, It looks like Valentina's head changed in v3.3. It bulges at the top. Also, she won't take the default skin.

Please click to see image on Imgur
On the left is Valentina in TR v3.2. The male heads are invisible. On the right is Valentina in TR v3.3 after the male heads were fixed.

I tested it with TR 3.4 (the development version) and it seems to be fixed. Could you also check it yourself?

9 hours ago, Omega482 said:

Unfortunately, I would be in breach of the EULA and the forum rules if I were to distribute the default textures to you. It would also be a breach if I were to tell you how to get the assets for yourself.
You'll just have to find a way to Unpack the Assets yourself. Sorry!

You could always use the textures from my pack? They are under a non-commercial share-alike license so you are free to edit them.

Well, several texture packs are based on the original textures (or even contain textures ripped from KSP) and Squad hasn't ever took action.

2 hours ago, Mister_Spaceman said:

It seems that the link to Diverse Kerbal Heads is brokeen. Assuming the textures and all still work fine, does anybody still have the files?

They come stock with TR now. They are found in here: GameData\TextureReplacer\Skins\TR

The TR.cfg also controls the custom heads by default the 4 vets start out with.

Link below to some pics and my default set-up:

Edited by therealcrow999

On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 9:04 PM, GregroxMun said:

That's my favorite suit pack - I am so happy that you are still working with it.

File format and asset explorer and extraction tools are commonplace - after all, Unity is designed as a relatively open toolset so things like its assets can be explored and exported and imported - they even have an asset store with a ton of free content creator assets that could be of use for someone wanting to do extensive mod writing for Unity based KSP.  There are extensive tutorials on their website for anyone that is interested in learning how to develop content for Unity based games like KSP. The directory names and paths are also public knowledge (they're right there on your hard drive, go look). So why would there be an issue with saying "Use this (publicly available) tool on this file (in a publicly available filespec)  in that directory-path (which paths are routinely posted in mod development posts) to see how Squad did it" - is that a violation of the EULA?  After all, you do allow for tutorials that do parts of this process - and I have seen in the past mod authors reuse your textures in-situ on those paths for things like "stock alike" parts.

Hey Squad, how about a very narrow exception to allow the posting of the process of how to extract textures for use as ONLY as examples (for suits) and only in this thread, with the stipulation that resulting files should never be shared, reused even partially, or posted publicly? The process itself and merely reproducing where to look is not going to harm you or the game, if anything it will help increase the usability.

Edited by Murdabenne
cut the DMCA discussion

On 10/27/2018 at 7:24 AM, CraterJumper said:

Do you mean that using squad logo on my klassic kolored suits may be a problem ?

Sorry you decided to drop the Squad logo, but I get it. :) Thanks for the update!

FYI, there's no "Suits" folder in your zip. 

3 hours ago, Beetlecat said:

FYI, there's no "Suits" folder in your zip. 

But, but, you're right, by the Kraken, what did I do… ( pinning a note on the fridge : never do infographics during an insertion burn )

In fact, I realize that I have problem to make work the levels with the fresh TR 3.4  (for the stars at the back of the helmet).
I read and reread carefully the readme.md and create directories as recommended :

TextureReplacer/Suits/Klassic-kolored-suits/ENG/EVAtexture(,1,2,3,4,5).dds

but it doesn't work, hey TR team, do I miss something ?

Edited by CraterJumper
reformatting line breaks

44 minutes ago, The Spac said:

Uh, I could use some help

So I installed TextureReplacer for 1.5.1, and my Kerbal's EVA visors aren't reflective.

If this can help, I deleted the entire "TR" file inside the "Skins" folder

The feature isn't in TR right now. You can use a file from Omega 482, called EVAvisor.dds. There are two in there. In the VET suit that one is a dark one, the one in default is yellowish. If you dont want to use Omega reskin and just use the EVAvisor.dds, what ever one you choose, dark or yellowish, they go in Default Folder. 

Here is more detail on how I did it, minus I am not using Orange suit anymore:

Edited by therealcrow999

36 minutes ago, SquaredSpekz said:

@Poodmund How to install your Skyboxes? Rename them?

Its on front thread how to rename them if they don't have the right name:

Default/GalaxyTex_PositiveX         // skybox right face
      Default/GalaxyTex_NegativeX         // skybox left face
      Default/GalaxyTex_PositiveY         // skybox bottom face rotated for 180°
      Default/GalaxyTex_NegativeY         // skybox top face
      Default/GalaxyTex_PositiveZ         // skybox front face
      Default/GalaxyTex_NegativeZ         // skybox back face

Rename them to the ones in Red above. You will be able to know which ones to rename. 

Edited by therealcrow999

I may be having a dense moment, and I realize it's *literally* the name of the mod...

But does using suit textures now remove the ability to use the stock ones? I seem to remember being able to keep using the "default" suits if another one isn't actively chosen. Maybe that changed with Squad's suit-switcher?

Could I copy the suits back out of the Squad folder into TR to enable them as options again?

Edited by Beetlecat

37 minutes ago, Beetlecat said:

I may be having a dense moment, and I realize it's *literally* the name of the mod...

But does using suit textures now remove the ability to use the stock ones? I seem to remember being able to keep using the "default" suits if another one isn't actively chosen. Maybe that changed with Squad's suit-switcher?

Could I copy the suits back out of the Squad folder into TR to enable them as options again?

I find now if I use a suit and put it in Suits or even EVAvisor, if placed in Default or in a folder in Suits, I have to use this code to force them to use Default suits. I can't even use half the code. Some how the Kerbals will randomly still pick a suit I didn't allow them to use. It wasn't like that in the old TR in 1.4.5

TextureReplacer
{  
  GenericKerbals
  {
    excludeSuits = whiteSuite_diffuse
  }
  ClassSuits
  {
    Pilot     = DEFAULT
    Engineer  = DEFAULT
    Scientist = DEFAULT
  }
}

This are a little different now in 1.5 with the suit changes. Squad only uses one file for the suits now. 

Oh no, I just recognized that the visor is pink again.

I use the Class Color Suits by Omega482 and replaced the EVAvisor.dds by the one from the VET folder.

Launching with -force-glcore and using latest dev of TU.

I was able to fix that issue with the last TR (KSP 1.4.x) by using that unofficial visor fix shader from TRR ...

I found this in the log:

Desired shader compiler platform 15 is not available in shader blob

(Filename:  Line: 533)

WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'KSP/TR/Visor' - Pass 'FORWARD' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'KSP/TR/Visor' - Pass 'FORWARD' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'KSP/TR/Visor' - Pass 'META' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'KSP/TR/Visor' - All passes removed
ERROR: Shader Shader is not supported on this GPU (none of subshaders/fallbacks are suitable)WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'KSP/TR/Visor' - Setting to default shader.
ExpansionsLoader: Expansions loaded in 0.616s

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

Edited by Gordon Dry

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.