shaw

[1.5.x] TextureReplacer 3.5 (2.11.2018)

Recommended Posts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why does it do with new herbal suit? I have stock TextureReplacer .

KSP-x64-2018-11-09-15-30-46-39.jpg

Edited by alexus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've run into that as well. Pretty sure KSP is just freaking out a little if you set your kerbal to use the vintage suit if they've already loaded in with a modern suit. I generally don't mess with suits while kerbals are on-mission for reasons like this. Not a major issue, but something to be mindful of I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, alexus said:

Why does it do with new herbal suit? I have stock TextureReplacer .

KSP-x64-2018-11-09-15-30-46-39.jpg

Looks like a typical herbal suit to me...

Peace.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why do I see kerbal`s head  through the suit?

KSP-x64-2018-11-09-19-56-59-71.jpg

Edited by alexus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello! Is there a preset for making all the visors always on and 0% transparent? I just can't look at kerbals but don't want to stick to unmanned missions either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My guess is that the alpha channel for the suit texture isn't 100% solid on the helmet. I'd start there and see what I could do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/9/2018 at 6:34 AM, alexus said:

Why does it do with new herbal suit? I have stock TextureReplacer .

KSP-x64-2018-11-09-15-30-46-39.jpg

You're obviously using wrong texture for your suit type (you have vintage suit but the texture is for the standard suit). Vintage and standard suits are not compatible texture-wise.

On 11/9/2018 at 6:37 AM, Doc Shaftoe said:

I've run into that as well. Pretty sure KSP is just freaking out a little if you set your kerbal to use the vintage suit if they've already loaded in with a modern suit. I generally don't mess with suits while kerbals are on-mission for reasons like this. Not a major issue, but something to be mindful of I guess.

Yeah, if you change between standard and vintage suit on mission, you have to reload the scene once more. I haven't yet found a fix for this one. Anyway, it's a minor issue.

On 11/9/2018 at 11:04 AM, alexus said:

Why do I see kerbal`s head  through the suit?

KSP-x64-2018-11-09-19-56-59-71.jpg

Edit visor texture and set alpha to 100%.

22 hours ago, Huita said:

Hello! Is there a preset for making all the visors always on and 0% transparent? I just can't look at kerbals but don't want to stick to unmanned missions either. 

No. Just edit visor texture for each of your suits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, shaw said:

Edit visor texture and set alpha to 100%.

look inside the red circle. Why do you think that it is visor texture ?
KSP-x64-2018-11-09-19-56-59-71-1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hey guys, is there a pack of textures (someone calling extra) that i can download?

i am looking for very shiny look of modules. Mostly stock modules but if also Making history expansion has been processed, better.

i bet many people are looking for this appearance in game..

Apollo_CSM_lunar_orbit.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, infinite_monkey said:

Is there some in-game settings dialog like in TRR or do I have to do everything in the config file? How do I know how e.g. a specific head looks like?

Also, I tried @CraterJumper's Klassic colored suits. But the suit assignment seems to be random. Do I need a config file?

Yes, in the space centre screen.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a texture pack out there for only replacing the planets orbit textures that I can just drop into default? I dont like how all these texture packs make you install the whole overhaul. I'm fine with base KSP shaders I just want higher res planets and moons to match the high res skybox. I cant find anything that looks good and or that isn't super outdated (like from .90) except for a random Kerbin retexture off curse forge (that is really beautiful).

Edited by vmatt1203

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does reflections work with  -force-glcore?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, vmatt1203 said:

Is there a texture pack out there for only replacing the planets orbit textures that I can just drop into default? I dont like how all these texture packs make you install the whole overhaul. I'm fine with base KSP shaders I just want higher res planets and moons to match the high res skybox. I cant find anything that looks good and or that isn't super outdated (like from .90) except for a random Kerbin retexture off curse forge (that is really beautiful).

Well, then just install `GameData/TextureReplacer/Default/<planet_textures>`, not the whole package. And planet texture names haven't ever changed, so all old texture packs should still work.

11 hours ago, alexus said:

Does reflections work with  -force-glcore?

No, @Gordon Dry reported they don't. I think Unity only compiles shaders for D3D when building asset files for Windows. I will try to fix this ... some time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @shaw! May I ask why IsHelmetRemovalEnabled was removed? There was some problems with that? I miss that feature now :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 6:08 AM, papuchalk said:

hey guys, is there a pack of textures (someone calling extra) that i can download?

i am looking for very shiny look of modules. Mostly stock modules but if also Making history expansion has been processed, better.

i bet many people are looking for this appearance in game..

Apollo_CSM_lunar_orbit.jpg

Did you ever get your shiny parts ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, RangeMachine said:

Hi @shaw! May I ask why IsHelmetRemovalEnabled was removed? There was some problems with that? I miss that feature now :)

You mean IVA helmet removal in safe situations? Because it didn't work with vintage suits. Furthermore, vintage suits are missing visors on IVA helmets and they don't have proto-model, so fixing these issues would be pretty tricky. However, since no stock pod uses IVA helmets any more and most of mods follow that, this feature is probably very rarely used nowadays, so I removed it.

Edited by shaw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/25/2018 at 8:12 PM, shaw said:

You mean IVA helmet removal in safe situations? Because it didn't work with vintage suits. Furthermore, vintage suits are missing visors on IVA helmets and they don't have proto-model, so fixing these issues would be pretty tricky. However, since no stock pod uses IVA helmets any more and most of mods follow that, this feature is probably very rarely used nowadays, so I removed it.

Yea i meant this, ok thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, alexus said:

Has visor  a normal map?

No.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

w0000t Squad is doing the awesome and making not only helmets removable a stock feature but NECK COLLARS TOO!!!!

So, this is awesome except my current suits are still only usable before the suit retexture. These ones:

VMQfT2P.pngEjCC5by.png  bWTQZbH.png  Veajt77.png

I can't even remember what pack they were from, I checked a bunch in the OP but couldn't find them. Anyways, seems like some pretty straightforward coloration, but before I go hacking around with textures because I have NO experience with it was wondering if anyone has something similar for the latest 1.5 suits or if anyone can encourage me by saying it probably won't be too bad to try myself. All I've seen so far is @Omega482 drop a suit pack

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Drew Kerman said:

w0000t Squad is doing the awesome and making not only helmets removable a stock feature but NECK COLLARS TOO!!!!

So, this is awesome except my current suits are still only usable before the suit retexture. These ones:

VMQfT2P.pngEjCC5by.png  bWTQZbH.png  Veajt77.png

I can't even remember what pack they were from, I checked a bunch in the OP but couldn't find them. Anyways, seems like some pretty straightforward coloration, but before I go hacking around with textures because I have NO experience with it was wondering if anyone has something similar for the latest 1.5 suits or if anyone can encourage me by saying it probably won't be too bad to try myself. All I've seen so far is @Omega482 drop a suit pack

Hey, @Drew Kerman!

I don't know where I got them, but those heads look like the ones I use for Bob, Bill and Jeb (respectively)! But I don't have Val's head...

Can I get those heads (and suits if possible)? Pleeease? ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those heads look like they're from Proot's KSPRC. I can't remember what the suits are from but they look familiar. Definitely a variation of Proot's KSPRC suits. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/7/2018 at 4:14 AM, alexus said:

What is it in reflection? Why is it in reflection?

I'm seeing the same issue as @alexuswith the real time reflections and in the image posted by @therealcrow999 here.

Something wierd happening with the render of the cubemap.

It's happening in the portion of it seen in the North South directions when standing on the surface.

wtPsC9Z.png

PZ0PNRW.png

9GNDFOK.png

I'm using the 3.5 version of Texture Replacer, but not using the shader provided by @Gordon Dry because if I use that, the reflections disappear completely (see image below).

6WGwkuk.png

 

I tried removing Scatterer (just because) and that fixed the original problem with the reflection, but added another. The new problem is that something (possibly the same dark "something" that appeared with Scatterer installed) is changing the shape of the horizon.

In the image below the horizon should be flat, as our little volunteer here is looking out to sea, but there are two large "hills" on either side of him.

zf1hZcd.png

Viewed from the side, with the kerbal still staring out to sea, there is a large dark region in the direction in which he is looking.

WizHqCd.png

As extra info, this is running on Win7 x64 on an Nvidia 670 GTX.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now