[1.8-1.12] TextureReplacer 4.5.3 (8.2.2022)

shaw

I got some problem when using this mod along with Ven's Stock Revamp, specifically the Gigantor XL Solar panel. It cause black screen, throwing "Look rotation viewing vector is zero" errors in the log, and usually ends with a crash. Tested with texture replacer 2.2.5 and 2.2.4, both causes this problem.
What about 2.2.3?

Uh, also, that error seems to make RAM go up crazily, not tested on 64 bits, but i suppose it could get 12GB of ram filled in half a minute :P

Also, it does not seems to happen always, but most of the time it breaks.

Sad these Real time reflection shaders are causing issues, they look really awesome! :)

Disabled reflections on the Gigantor, but now worried about that happening with other objects :o

Cheers!

Edited by tajampi

I'm a little confused about this recent addition to the CustomKerbals part of the @Default.cfg:

"These entries are only used as initial settings for new games or existing games when they are run with TextureReplacer for the first time."

Why, exactly, was this added? And how can I get around it to edit Kerbals' appearances mid-way through a save?

I'm a little confused about this recent addition to the CustomKerbals part of the @Default.cfg:

"These entries are only used as initial settings for new games or existing games when they are run with TextureReplacer for the first time."

Why, exactly, was this added? And how can I get around it to edit Kerbals' appearances mid-way through a save?

This was the only way to set Kerbal textures before the GUI's been added in v2.0. Now, it's only the initial setting, which you can change later in the TR GUI.

This was the only way to set Kerbal textures before the GUI's been added in v2.0. Now, it's only the initial setting, which you can change later in the TR GUI.

... I had no idea it was now possible to edit these in-game. That explains a lot!

Thanks for the quick response! :D

@Subcidal. Version: OpenGL 4.5 [4.5.0 NVIDIA 347.25]

Renderer: GeForce GTX 970/PCIe/SSE2

(That's from the KSP log)

Ah, Welp Spot the difference.

GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series (2034MB)

SM: 30 (OpenGL 4.4 [4.4.13283 Compatibility Profile Context 14.501.1003.0])

I'm guessing that's why people with ATI cards cant get realtime reflections working when running in forced open GL with windows =( Perhaps a trick or edit the OP can make that will fix this? I have no idea, over my head.

Is this still mucking up contracts? Would like to use it but I don't want to lose contracts.

So, this seems to be true. I run Ubuntu64, and when TR is enabled, I lose all non-stock contracts. As I run RO/RP-0, that means pretty much all of them. I'm not even sure all the stock contracts are there, as I only get 2 offers at the most (some very basic ones as "land crewed capsule from orbit") or "set up equatorial satellite". I even get contracts that are impossible to do (such as the spaceflight-tasks when I haven't researched any crewed command pods).

Once I disable TR, I get all the proper contracts again.

I use ckan to handle mods.

I'm having a problem with my Eve textures. The planet seems to have really strong glare in sunlight, and it looks kind of wrong.

From the Tracking Station:

2191cet.jpg

From the Science Archives:

2lvjk7l.jpg

This happens regardless of which texture I give it, and the only way to get around it is to not use any texture at all.

I'm having a problem with my Eve textures. The planet seems to have really strong glare in sunlight, and it looks kind of wrong.

From the Tracking Station:

http://oi57.tinypic.com/2191cet.jpg

From the Science Archives:

http://oi61.tinypic.com/2lvjk7l.jpg

This happens regardless of which texture I give it, and the only way to get around it is to not use any texture at all.

Wooooooh, holy cow that looks cool! Have you tried landing on it, for SCIENCE!?

What other mods are you using other than Texture Replacer?

it was recently pointed out that you can actually use Soundtrack Editor to unload game tracks to save up some RAM. Is there a way for Texture Replacer to do something similar with the stock environment textures? Since x64 KSP is going away for 1.0 I need to squeeze all my part mods into the x86 version for building and I've managed to do it with the GFX settings as low as possible & ATM Aggressive installed, but I'm still right up against the RAM ceiling and crashing out often while in the VAB.

Wooooooh, holy cow that looks cool! Have you tried landing on it, for SCIENCE!?

It changes back to the original Eve if you get close (within 150km or so).

What other mods are you using other than Texture Replacer?

A bunch.

- Active Texture Management

- KAS

- Toolbar

- Blast Awesomeness Modifier

- KER

- KAC

- TAC Life Support

- Collision FX

- Aviation Lights

- Destruction Effects

- DR

- Nebula

- Sci-fi Shipyards (Stargazer interior only)

- IXS Command Pod

- Trajectories

- Tweakscale

- Soundtrack Editor

Edited by Mitchz95

it was recently pointed out that you can actually use Soundtrack Editor to unload game tracks to save up some RAM. Is there a way for Texture Replacer to do something similar with the stock environment textures? Since x64 KSP is going away for 1.0 I need to squeeze all my part mods into the x86 version for building and I've managed to do it with the GFX settings as low as possible & ATM Aggressive installed, but I'm still right up against the RAM ceiling and crashing out often while in the VAB.

Replaced textures (the ones replaced by textures from `Default/`) are unloaded. However, many stock textures (e.g. skybox, planets ...) are not even loaded to RAM but only to VRAM. Try DDSLoader & co.

Replaced textures (the ones replaced by textures from `Default/`) are unloaded. However, many stock textures (e.g. skybox, planets ...) are not even loaded to RAM but only to VRAM. Try DDSLoader & co.

What would you suggest for the /default texture replacement? Should I just place, for example, like a 16x16 blank png for KerbinScaledSpace300.png? I'll look into DDSLoader, I didn't think it would be able to do more for me than ATM now that that uses DDS

It's probably too soon to be worrying about this since it won't come up until the next KSP version, but Valentina Kerman (also the archetype of all female kerbals) has been officially revealed. I hope we'll be able to edit her appearance just as we've been with the male kerbals thanks to this mod.

I think there is a bug. I want to turn off visor reflections by changing the following settings, but I still get visor reflections. Is there something else I'm missing?

reflectionType = none
isVisorReflectionEnabled = false

1. `reflectionType = none` is only initial setting for new games that is later overridden by a per-game setting you can change in the GUI (or persistent.sfs).

2. `isVisorReflectionEnabled = false` should disable visor reflections. That's a bug. Thanks for reporting.

Just tried out the new .dll - it fixed the crashing issues I was having with the reflections from Ven's revamp enabled and certain parts. Ven's looks even better now, thanks.

One thing, though - my memory usage seems to have jumped a fair bit. I'm on 64-bit Linux with 16 GB of RAM, so it's not really much of a worry for me. But sitting at the main menu the KSP process jumped from using around 7.2 GB to about 8.5 GB.

I swapped the .dll files in and out a couple of times to test it, and it's definitely the new TR .dll that's doing it. Monitoring memory during loading shows the extra mem use appears towards the beginning of the loading process, before the MM configs are handled - that's when textures are loaded, right?

Not sure if this is will be an issue on Windows, as the Linux 64-bit process seems to use tons more RAM than Windows anyway - when I moved over to Linux, the same install that used 3 GB of RAM in Windows 32-bit used 6 GB of RAM in Linux 64-bit. Thought I should mention it, though.

--Edit

Actually, it appears that the new .dll may have some other problems too. It makes most of the parts of my most recent rocket disappear on launch:

PAhZN0G.png?1

I've got a very heavily modded game, so I'll do more testing to confirm it and post logs later.

Edited by UnanimousCoward

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.