[1.8-1.12] TextureReplacer 4.5.3 (8.2.2022)

shaw

Total sidebar here but: Is it a known issue that the settings you choose: Specific "head" for a Kerbal, Suit assignment to class, random/sequential/class based color assignment, etc. will get lost from time to time? They revert to the default settings.

I'm not sure when this happens as it always seems to be something I notice later on - perhaps after a CTD? Will a "Forced Close" cause this to happen?

If it's a "Yeah we know, it's just not a priority" then that's fine, but if it's *new* I'll try to get a better handle on what seems to cause it.

What if you disable real reflections (switch to static or none)? I haven't changed any code from 2.2.5 besides the one that renders real reflections.

If that doesn't help, try to re-download TextureReplacer.dll, previously released version had its own DDS loader enabled.

Downloaded the 2.2.6 package, and memory usage seems to be back to normal. Cheers.

Tried the latest dll on linux x64 AMD gfx card. Was unable to select solar panels in the VAB with real reflections on other than that things worked fine. I just wasn't able to select them as if they weren't there. I am using ven stock revamp if that matters.

Total sidebar here but: Is it a known issue that the settings you choose: Specific "head" for a Kerbal, Suit assignment to class, random/sequential/class based color assignment, etc. will get lost from time to time? They revert to the default settings.

I'm not sure when this happens as it always seems to be something I notice later on - perhaps after a CTD? Will a "Forced Close" cause this to happen?

If it's a "Yeah we know, it's just not a priority" then that's fine, but if it's *new* I'll try to get a better handle on what seems to cause it.

All settings you can change in the GUI are per-game.

Tried the latest dll on linux x64 AMD gfx card. Was unable to select solar panels in the VAB with real reflections on other than that things worked fine. I just wasn't able to select them as if they weren't there. I am using ven stock revamp if that matters.

KSP doesn't have any reflection shaders, so I use the built-in ones from Unity, which lack several KSP-specific features; so no highlighting, radial attachment issues and sometimes mouse click doesn't work.

Disable reflections when you go to editor or remove reflections from solar panels (delete solar panel patches in `GameData/VenStockRevamp/PartRevamp_TextureReplacer.cfg`).

Edited by shaw

What is your recommendation of a mod to add that makes the planets more HD and possibly also adds clouds? I know of Eve but I've heard mixed feelings about that and I trust the people in this thread more than a random forum

I've been using EVE and Astronomer's pack for ages with no problems whatsoever, after the initial installation. I don't think there is any alternative to EVE if you want clouds.

Endraxial did a nice hi-res pack of planet textures - it's linked in the OP of this thread.

Problems in the VAB/SPH

Will this only affect solar panels? Or will any part that receives reflection cause me an issue in the editor?

Had a crash today with it knew when I hit 10.2gb ram b4 main menu. Here are logs

Edited by Svm420

Is it possible to make a separate configs for EVA and IVA suits?

For exmaple, I want EVA suites to be colorcoded by kerbal class, but IVA suites - by gender.

I've tried to create a separate EVA only and IVA only texture folder and assign them like this:

GenericKerbals

{

femaleSuits = Suit3

}

ClassSuits

{

Pilot = Red

Engineer = Blue

Scientist = Green

}

Where Suit2 is male IVA folder, Suite3 - female IVA, and Red, Green and Blue are colorcoded EVA folders.

But looks like that in case specified suite folder doesn't have some elements, it falls through to default values, so suite parts can't be combined.

Is it possible to make a separate configs for EVA and IVA suits?

For exmaple, I want EVA suites to be colorcoded by kerbal class, but IVA suites - by gender.

I've tried to create a separate EVA only and IVA only texture folder and assign them like this:

Where Suit2 is male IVA folder, Suite3 - female IVA, and Red, Green and Blue are colorcoded EVA folders.

But looks like that in case specified suite folder doesn't have some elements, it falls through to default values, so suite parts can't be combined.

No, parts of suits cannot be combined.

- - - Updated - - -

Will this only affect solar panels? Or will any part that receives reflection cause me an issue in the editor?

Had a crash today with it knew when I hit 10.2gb ram b4 main menu. Here are logs

It may also affect other parts.

So, that crash happened because you run out of memory? I don't see anything useful in the log, why it happened.

Any of the logs usually does. I prefer KSP.log, because it's smaller and easier to read, however, output_log.txt/Player.log may provide more detail about a crash when it happens is some component other than TR.

So when you planted the flag? About 4 min before you shut down the game? I don't see any errors in the logs that could cause frame drop. What if you disable reflections?

Hey, shaw! I've just tested planting a flag with TR 2.2.6. I basically did the same thing (launched a lander, flew a few meters to get off the launch pad, EVA'd and planted a flag a few steps away from the capsule). BEFORE planting the flag I had 40 FPS. Right after planting, FPS dropped to 10 FPS and then to 7 FPS. I took down the flag and the FPS rose to 10 again (but not to 40, unfortunately). After I finally got to the capsule, I reverted to VAB and quit through the menus...

Here are my log (and prefs) files:

KSP.log

Player.log

Prefs

Any ideas? Can you help me?

Hey, shaw! I've just tested planting a flag with TR 2.2.6. I basically did the same thing (launched a lander, flew a few meters to get off the launch pad, EVA'd and planted a flag a few steps away from the capsule). BEFORE planting the flag I had 40 FPS. Right after planting, FPS dropped to 10 FPS and then to 7 FPS. I took down the flag and the FPS rose to 10 again (but not to 40, unfortunately). After I finally got to the capsule, I reverted to VAB and quit through the menus...

Here are my log (and prefs) files:

KSP.log

Player.log

Prefs

Any ideas? Can you help me?

I don't see any TR-related errors, I don't know what's wrong. Firespitter throws an exception during loading, seems like it fails to load. LTech and Regolith also crash several times during the game.

What if you disable reflections?

Are you sure TR causes this?

What if you try with just TR installed, without other mods?

I've had a lot of problems with KSP crashing just before the main menu on Linux. So have some others.

For me at least, the log file complains about "Using memoryadresses from more that 16GB of memory" [sic]. I've got 16 Gb of Ram, but KSP's only at a touch over 7 Gb when this error happens. Memory leak? Your log file indicates that you also didn't actually run out of RAM, so maybe it's the same issue for you?

If you are suffering from the same issue, it would appear to be nearly impossible to resolve, as it's intermittent and only seems to occur in heavily modded setups.

I don't see any TR-related errors, I don't know what's wrong. Firespitter throws an exception during loading, seems like it fails to load. LTech and Regolith also crash several times during the game.

What if you disable reflections?

Are you sure TR causes this?

What if you try with just TR installed, without other mods?

Well, thanks once again and I'm very sorry I don't quite know how to "read" a log. :blush:

About your questions:

- Reflections are static. Can I consider them disabled? If not, how do I disable them?

- NO! I can't say TR is causing this but I assumed it was TR because of the nature of the mod: as soon as the flag is planted (one more object to be renderized) the FPS drops...

- I didn't test with just TR installed (there should be a way to disable mods without restarting the game!), I'm afraid of loosing vessels (or any other side-effect) because of missing mods... But since it will help you help me, I have no other way!

As soon as I test it again, I'll let you know. Ok?

--- EDIT ---

I updated all mods you said (LTech, Regolith and Firespitter) and tried again with a simple pod (the lander was not available because of ltech).

FPS dropped from 70 to 17 when I planted the flag and did not go up again when took it down. But they got up to 70 again when I entered the capsule! I tested it again and even with the flag planted, if I board the capsule again, the FPS get back up. And once it gets up after going down, I can EVA again (with the flag still there) and it doesn't drop. It only drops IF I plant a flag...

Here is the new log: KSP.log

Any ideas?

Edited by jlcarneiro
Test results

I have no idea what's wrong.

Well, after testing with a vanilla install and adding mods one by one, I have good and bad news.

The good news are: as you suspected, TR appears do have nothing to do with this FPS drop... (As don't have PlanetShine, EVE and any other beautification mod - YAY!)

The bad news are: believe it or not, ShipManifest seems to be the culprit. When I installed I got the FPS drop (about 70 to about 18). So, I reinstalled ALL my mods EXCEPT ShipManifest and the drop was smaller (about 70 to about 65).

Since you're the modder more experienced with FPS (due to TR's nature), why would ShipManifest affect FPS, specially due to flag planting?

Well, after testing with a vanilla install and adding mods one by one, I have good and bad news.

The good news are: as you suspected, TR appears do have nothing to do with this FPS drop... (As don't have PlanetShine, EVE and any other beautification mod - YAY!)

The bad news are: believe it or not, ShipManifest seems to be the culprit. When I installed I got the FPS drop (about 70 to about 18). So, I reinstalled ALL my mods EXCEPT ShipManifest and the drop was smaller (about 70 to about 65).

Since you're the modder more experienced with FPS (due to TR's nature), why would ShipManifest affect FPS, specially due to flag planting?

Shaw is unlikely to know without looking at Ship Manifest's code as there could be many reasons for a slow down including throwing exceptions. Regardless Papa Joe has already responded to your post in his thread acknowledging this was an issue in an earlier release and asked what version you were running.

Shaw is unlikely to know without looking at Ship Manifest's code as there could be many reasons for a slow down including throwing exceptions. Regardless Papa Joe has already responded to your post in his thread acknowledging this was an issue in an earlier release and asked what version you were running.

Thanks! I've seen it and answered it. Didn't come back here because I was running some tests (wanted to make use of the installation ASAP).

Thanks to you all (specially Shaw for his patience!)!

I'm getting some weird issues that I've documented in this support thread (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/112939-GUI-loads-but-rest-of-screen-and-navball-are-black-KSP-stops-responding) where the GUI loads for vessels, but the screen is completely black, and nothing responds. The game does occassionally crash. I've got logs and screenshots up in that thread. Do any of you have any idea what might be causing this, or how to fix it?

I'm getting some weird issues that I've documented in this support thread (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/112939-GUI-loads-but-rest-of-screen-and-navball-are-black-KSP-stops-responding) where the GUI loads for vessels, but the screen is completely black, and nothing responds. The game does occassionally crash. I've got logs and screenshots up in that thread. Do any of you have any idea what might be causing this, or how to fix it?

One of your pods is missing its internals. You probably haven't installed some mod correctly.

One of your pods is missing its internals. You probably haven't installed some mod correctly.

Would that cause the issue even when not using a pod? The Coms Sat launch didn't have anything with an IVA. Is there any way to try and track down which pod or which mod it might be?

EDIT:

Also, might it be this mod?: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/44012-Mk2-Cockpit-Internals

I installed it recently. It may not have been in the list. I created that mod list by hand. Is there a way to export a list of mods being used?

Edited by Cetera

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.