[1.8-1.12] TextureReplacer 4.5.3 (8.2.2022)

shaw

Ok, after a very lengthy process of removing parts and trying to launch, I believe I've tracked the issue to the Gigantor XL Solar Array. Any vessel with that part on it has the error, and so far any that doesn't is fine. Any thoughts there?

Ok, after a very lengthy process of removing parts and trying to launch, I believe I've tracked the issue to the Gigantor XL Solar Array. Any vessel with that part on it has the error, and so far any that doesn't is fine. Any thoughts there?

Are you using Ven's stock revamp? If so, it is a known issue for some people. Look in this thread or Ven's and you will see it discussed. You can rename the TR cfg file in Ven's folder, comment out the problem parts, or make your own MM patch to remove the TR module for the problem parts. BTW, are you sure you are using 2.2.6?

Are you using Ven's stock revamp? If so, it is a known issue for some people. Look in this thread or Ven's and you will see it discussed. You can rename the TR cfg file in Ven's folder, comment out the problem parts, or make your own MM patch to remove the TR module for the problem parts. BTW, are you sure you are using 2.2.6?

1. I am using Ven's stock revamp.

2. How do I comment out the parts?

3. No, I've been using TR 2.2.5. When did 2.2.6 come out? I'm updating it now. Will it fix the issue?

1. I am using Ven's stock revamp.

2. How do I comment out the parts?

3. No, I've been using TR 2.2.5. When did 2.2.6 come out? I'm updating it now. Will it fix the issue?

About 4 days ago (look at thread title). For cfg files you add two slashes "//" for each line you want to comment out. What you are looking for is the TR config in Ven's revamp that adds the reflection module to each part. BUT you may want to try 2.2.6 first to see if that works for you. You can also just rename the file from .cfg to .txt and it won't add the reflection module to the parts.

Thanks, Tarheel, for the info and the assistance. I really appreciate your help. It has been killing me to not have this working, and I really didn't want to lose my progress. Thanks. Commenting out the part did work. I also did upgrade to 2.2.6. I didn't test it without commenting out the part, but this did work as a workaround.

Thanks, Tarheel, for the info and the assistance. I really appreciate your help. It has been killing me to not have this working, and I really didn't want to lose my progress. Thanks. Commenting out the part did work. I also did upgrade to 2.2.6. I didn't test it without commenting out the part, but this did work as a workaround.

Cool. Glad you got it sorted.

Well, it looks like the problem has spread to other solar panels now, although they don't consistently cause the issue. I've just removed the reflections config from Ven's for now. Hopefully he'll get that worked out, as it just adds so much to the game. Honestly, the reflections easily make the game feel 10x better than it ever did before. It is so much more vibrant and alive. Very nice work on this mod, Shaw. I'm so impressed.

How is it not working? You need to give more information.

I'm pretty sure that's everything. :/

What more could there be? I put the Skybox textures in the default folder like it should. It dun work.

- - - Updated - - -

I downloaded Space Krakens Skybox.

I replace the Kraken Space Industries TextureReplacer file with the original.

Now the Skybox is in the default folder inside the TextureReplacer folder.

I load KSP,

And it doesn't work! I do the same installation with the suits, it doesn't work!

ksp_problems_by_andyisawesome-d8lyw8y.png

- - - Updated - - -

The blocked out bit btw is Gamedata > TextureReplacer > Default

I'm running KSP on Linux (specifically openSUSE 12.2 if that's relevant) and the game is crashing wiith TextureReplacer installed, when trying to load TextureReplacer\Plugins\appIcon

The file is present, but whenever the game tries to load it it crashes. Anybody else experiencing this issue?

Edit: Nevermind. Steam was linking to the 32-bit version so I was reaching the memory limit and crashing.

Edited by Pyromaniac605

With the inclusion of female Kerbals in the next update, I'm really looking forward for more suit and kerbal heads textures. Any info on anyone that's going to update-maintain current texture packs of those?

is there a way to make all parts reflective? I'm using Ven's stock revamp, it's possible TR doesn't like that... but it does it on the monoprop tanks and the solar panels.

Add TRReplacer module to those parts. Look at `VenStockRevamp/PartRevamp_TextureReplacer.cfg` patch for how to do it.

Released v2.3.

Thare are no new features, just optimisations.

• Removed most of code that had to run per-frame, mechanisms provided by Unity/KSP exploited instead to trigger replacements and personalisations only when needed. Previously there was a piece of code that was running every frame and checking if there had been any replacements scheduled.
  • IVA personalisation is now triggered via a component bound to internal models instead of multiple event methods, which makes it simpler, more reliable and without need for other mods to manually call event methods. Previously there were a bunch of methods bound to various events (e.g. vessel switch, kerbal boarding, docking etc.) that scheduled texture replacement/personalisation at the and of the frame and a piece of code that had to run every frame to check if there is a replacement scheduled.
  • General texture replacement is now completely reliable and in one pass at the beginning of a scene. Previously it started immediately on scene switch, before it was loaded, so it had to run on every frame, long enough (0.2 s -- 2.0 s) for the scene to load, otherwise some textures may not have been replaced, e.g. skybox in the main menu. Thanks to the new triggering mechanism it only launches once.
  • Per-frame reflection updater only runs when real reflections are enabled.
  • GUI is only loaded and running during the space centre scene.
  • This means the only code that is triggered every frame in the flight scene is the reflection updater (if you have real reflections enabled) and EVA module on every EVA'd Kerbal on the scene that takes care of EVA/IVA suit switching and checking whether the atmosphere is still breathable when the Kerbal wears the IVA suit.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.