[1.8-1.12] TextureReplacer 4.5.3 (8.2.2022)

shaw

Short question, actually i am running TextureReplacer 2.2.5, when i want to update to 2.3, should i just delete the old TextureReplacer folder and replace it with the new one? Or do i break my save, or my crafts or something different important?

Short question, actually i am running TextureReplacer 2.2.5, when i want to update to 2.3, should i just delete the old TextureReplacer folder and replace it with the new one? Or do i break my save, or my crafts or something different important?

No, it shouldn't break your save. It's enough to replace just DLL. TextureReplacer.dll, TextureReplacer.version and README.md are the only files that usually change.

Has been requested a couple times so have quickly put together some class based EVA and IVA suits.

http://i.imgur.com/nZSb7sN.jpg

Download link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0jTBhRYrQ-8R2ozTmZBU2QtU2M/view?usp=sharing

Nice! However, there's no IVA helmet texture and EVAhelmetNRM doesn't replace anything. Both IVA and EVA helmets use kerbalHelmetNRM as their normal map.

So

copy EVAhelmet -> kerbalHelmetGrey

rename EVAhelmetNRM -> kerbalHelmetNRM

Nice! However, there's no IVA helmet texture and EVAhelmetNRM doesn't replace anything. Both IVA and EVA helmets use kerbalHelmetNRM as their normal map.

So

copy EVAhelmet -> kerbalHelmetGrey

rename EVAhelmetNRM -> kerbalHelmetNRM

Oops my bad, thanks for the help!

Hello,

I am having problems...Outer Planets MOD doesnt work with either TR or ATM (active texture management)...thoughts or ideas or help??? IE the same problem shows up in both ATM and TR: no Kerbin...just empty blueness in space and it puts my pod in space...I will edit a post here in a few...

I made a long post at ATM...I am only running OPM with DDSLoader...I am trying a few things but my try-list is VERY short.

Edit: I am continuing my troubleshooting reports on the ATM thread.)

Cmdr Zeta

Edited by Cdr_Zeta

Hello,

I am having problems...Outer Planets MOD doesnt work with either TR or ATM (active texture management)...thoughts or ideas or help??? IE the same problem shows up in both ATM and TR: no Kerbin...just empty blueness in space and it puts my pod in space...I will edit a post here in a few...

I made a long post at ATM...I am only running OPM with DDSLoader...I am trying a few things but my try-list is VERY short.

Edit: I am continuing my troubleshooting reports on the ATM thread.)

Cmdr Zeta

What if you disable texture unloading ("isUnloadingEnabled = never" or add an exception to "keepLoaded" list)? That should fix the problem.

Hello,

I got TR to work ! I found the problem: I was using Hyperedit to set my moons up and stored those CFGs...took me a few hours...well then I added TR...OPM breaks...I realized today I need to reload OPM (I can probly load OP+ but I may not use it now) and Trans-Kept (which I did today); these files must be ORIGINAL files with no moons deleted or CFGs touched; I dont want 2 moons so I am gonna try to get rid of them but this may be breaking OPM as well.

I got Hyperedit back online with no CFGs so I have to REDO all my moon/planet placements; but TR WORKS with OPM (probly OP+ as well) and I have Trans-Keptunian; problem is I am trying to get Atmospheres and Active Texture to work which is a NOGO for the most part (so far: I am trying to resolve that problem separately and I may have to do without Atmospheres because E.V.E. just takes too much memory; I am deleting cloud layers everywhere to have a few dust storms and auroras but I still need to add a few more MODS.

If E.V.E. is a NOGO I will just put OPM back as OPM does not hog memory.

Cmdr Zeta

Hey I seem to be having a problem with the suit replacer, and I'm not sure if it's an inherent problem with TR or user error.

I have downloaded the custom suits and heads for Kerbals from various packs. I then assign different colored suits for Pilot/Engineer/Scientist. This all works fine. However, when I attempt to forcibly assign something that doesn't fit the conventions, such as special orange EVA suits for Bill, Bob, and Jeb, every launch (and assumedly other scene switches) they reset back to their default class based outfits.

Is there a setting I need to use to allow me to ovverride class assignments? Or should I use default suits and just assign all my Kerbals manually if I want some to be different?

Hey I seem to be having a problem with the suit replacer, and I'm not sure if it's an inherent problem with TR or user error.

I have downloaded the custom suits and heads for Kerbals from various packs. I then assign different colored suits for Pilot/Engineer/Scientist. This all works fine. However, when I attempt to forcibly assign something that doesn't fit the conventions, such as special orange EVA suits for Bill, Bob, and Jeb, every launch (and assumedly other scene switches) they reset back to their default class based outfits.

Is there a setting I need to use to allow me to ovverride class assignments? Or should I use default suits and just assign all my Kerbals manually if I want some to be different?

Is there any error in the log?

How very... green... and vibrant... and... green...

What we need now is a way to override the real reflections so that we can display a proper skybox in the reflection while still having the green screen background. As it is, the reflections will all be a greenish hue when the skybox is visible.

Edited by Gaalidas

What we need now is a way to override the real reflections so that we can display a proper skybox in the reflection while still having the green screen background. As it is, the reflections will all be a greenish hue when the skybox is visible.

Yeah, I loaded it up, half expecting it to not work, and then it was all BOOM GREEN EVERYWHERE AAAAAA

I didn't think about the reflections. I never use them because my computer sucks. XD

I fully intend to create experience based suits that go from clean to rough and downright worn to death variants. More colors will eventually be made if demand is high enough for them.

Might I suggest having a custom blue or purple biosuit for Valentina?

Maybe switch them to static reflections? I do that anyway, real reflections mess with construction.

EDIT: Ooh, hey Shaw, would it be possible, if real reflections are enabled, to switch them to no reflections in the editor? Or is that a whole lot harder than it sounds?

Edited by RyanRising

Here's a skybox I exported from EVE Online (One of the wormhole skyboxes). I also made a star overlay and mixed the two with Photoshop's layer masks to achieve a more realistic look. It turned out a lot better than expected even though EVE's skyboxes are only 1024 x 1024.

Preview:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Download:

LINK

EDIT: Added Imgur album & a few more screenshots.

Edited by CaptainKorhonen

I didn't expect it to work flawlessly, but just so other people know, there seem to be issues with this and KSP 1.0. The game loads fine and you can get to the KSC menu, but with a replaced skybox attempting to click on the tracking center freezes the game. There's probably other issues as well, but that's all I've found so far.