[1.8-1.12] TextureReplacer 4.5.3 (8.2.2022)

shaw

Hmm, not quite... Gives the right suit IVA, but still the stock white suit EVA. Only have the one option with the in-game GUI, soviet IVA, stock EVA.
I tested this,i get all koviet suits,except the veteran orange IVA. Edited by sebi.zzr

So, how do I figure out what it is I've got wrong? Gotta be something, somewhere that's misplaced.
I can't advise you anything else but to try fresh install of TR and koviet suits.

P.S. Sometimes it helps if you delete ModuleManager.ConfigCache

Edited by sebi.zzr

So, does the Renaissance Compilation even work with the current version of KSP?

The EVA suits don't seem to work right because the texture seems to be outdated. But, use some of the config settings, and use the visors, and you can still have the cool reflective look.

Soooo what is the most realistic adjusted-naked-eye++ skybox for RSS now-a-days, that is, proper orientation and inclined to ecliptic?

Not currently any skyboxes source images that are heliocentric Z axis, ecliptic X-Y. Mine is of an Earth-centric image so it's 24 degrees out-of-whack from where it should be. If I put things on the right axes before, Polaris should be straight up from Kerbol. I'm guessing it is. I never checked. Try Oinker 2 Brighter for RSS and adjust brightness with Distant Object Enhancement. I'll put it on my 'round-to-it list. I have to go from equirectangular to sphere, rotate the image, export to cube-map, clean up the seams and hope I rotated it to the right spot. Also, the only request / feedback I got was a guy who wanted it darker. So the new ones are darker than the original.

- - - Updated - - -

Is there a way to make custom visors work with reflections?

Copy that optional reflections config file in the TR zip into your GameData\TextureReplacer folder. And grab a custom visor from one of the packs in the OP. They don't reflect in the startup screens any more and my girl kerbal doesn't even have a visor in those screens. Don't pass judgement until you have tested them in EVA. For the visors, I like a 512x512 dds with mipmaps so you get a nice quality reflection in the visor that has little to no impact on frame rate.

Edited by Oinker

Hello to all.

I just installed the new version, but for some reason I can not seem to get the GUI to appear.

I am sure I have boned headed something, as it was there in the last version.

Has 'anything' changed mayhaps?????

Hello to all.

I just installed the new version, but for some reason I can not seem to get the GUI to appear.

I am sure I have boned headed something, as it was there in the last version.

Has 'anything' changed mayhaps?????

From which version have you upgraded? Are there any exceptions/errors in the log?

The last version I was using was 2.4.6

I have just created a test bed with new ksp and minimal mods for testing.

I am currently re-test / verify 2.4.6 and then will compare to 2.4.7 and get results to you..

thanks for all of your work. Really great stuff and with all the ways to customize, make great fun..

Cheers.

EDIT:Ok, after resetting and re-installing, the GUI is back. I must have done something wrong...

Thanks for getting back to me so quick... Nice support..

Cheers.

Edited by drtedastro
Ran tests.

Can head textures be assigned to specific roles? i.e., having one head be an engineer, and another be a scientist, etc? The immediate conclusion would be that you could make a special civilian hairstyle for tourist Kerbals, one without a strict, short haircut. Another possibility would be to make the female hair band correspond to color-codes. Blue for science, yellow for pilot, etc. Or for having automaton robots with painted faces.

http://imgur.com/a/gZZS7

Steampunk TOS-colored suit pack, based upon the Green Skull Inc. Steampunk Space Suits, based upon space suits by Proot. Goes well with the Vertical Propulsion Emporium mod, just like the original Steampunk suit pack.

KerbalStuff

The upload to KerbalStuff pinged CKAN which brought me here. If you want your suits included in CKAN, you'll need to tell me how they're installed. I plopped them in GameData/TextureReplacer and saw no effect. In other suit packs I've seen a .cfg to get them working I think?

The upload to KerbalStuff pinged CKAN which brought me here. If you want your suits included in CKAN, you'll need to tell me how they're installed. I plopped them in GameData/TextureReplacer and saw no effect. In other suit packs I've seen a .cfg to get them working I think?

Crap. I knew I forgot something. I also did not intend them to be in CKAN I forgot to put the config together. The suits should be usable if you put the individual suit folders into the Suits folder. I'm reuploading with the config added right now.

A few months ago, someone made a texture pack that added "zombie" Kerbal heads. I don't see it listed in the OP, but the forum search confirms it's in this thread somewhere. Does anyone know where/how I can find it?

Edited by Mitchz95

Would it be possible to change the Space Center building background textures?

Probably. Enable logTextures to see texture/material names and try to guess their names.

Hi Shaw, I was wondering: would be possible to add a normalmap to the scattered rocks? right now it uses just a flat texture ("rock00", I think). The rocks would be much nicer if they could use normalmaps, like the kerbal heads.

To be clear... its the 32bit client... never used the 64bit client as its unstable to begin with.

[EDIT] If its just me... than fine I'll wait for the next release... maybe it will change something. But if it is a bug than it should be reviewed. But the skybox that I'm using isn't that big... so the comment of running out of memory isn't really valid as the game loads with into about 1.6 GB of ram while running and in space with the skybox running its only using 2.2 GB of RAM. There really isn't that much of an increase. Not to mention that the skybox has been around as long as this MOD and its never caused an issue before. So is it the skybox... no... is the game running out of RAM, even with a 4 GB addressable limit... not a chance... unless there is a leak and in which case its happening faster than I can identify visually while monitoring.

As for getting my head bitten off... perhaps we should look at things with a little more open mindedness instead of flaming at someone before knowing the details. (Not that you were, just a general comment on internet flaming.)

Standing corrected. My bad and I found my own issue. I'm embarrassed to say this, but I some how unzipped the Texture Replacer inside the Texture Replacer subfolders... so on load it was mounting three versions... :(

RAM Overload.

I apologize for my comments.

EDIT: And its also the SkyBox... Whats wrong with it?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By8S9xGHvs1VXzBFYUF6TWhvZW8/view?usp=sharing

Or If you have suggestions of an equally good looking SkyBox please let me know.

Edited by LordZowy
SkyBox