[1.8-1.12] TextureReplacer 4.5.3 (8.2.2022)

shaw

[quote name='luizopiloto']IVA Navball now have a glow texture ( IVANavBall_Glow.dds )... I made a custom one and placed it at the default folder, But Texture Replacer did not replaced it... :P[/QUOTE]

[s]I think you actually want to replace GameData/Squad/Props/NavBall/model000.dds texture. Try if replacing it does the trick (if you don't want to overwrite it you can also place the new texture to GameData/TextureReplacer/Defaults/Squad/Props/NavBall/model000[.dds|.png], just watch out for letter case).[/s]

You must put IVANavBall_Glow.dds into GameData/TextureReplacer/Default/Squad/Props/IVANavBall/ directory. Edited by shaw

Cross posting a general request I made in the Add-Ons forum: can anyone think of a way to make Texture Replacer allow IVA/no helmet mode when kerbals are in space? Reason is that I want to build a 'command bridge' in a capital ship (most likely inside a cargo bay), put the crew in command chairs, and take images of them for my comics. Either or both of the following would work for me:

--TR recognizes a closed cargo bay as an 'inside' space and allows the IVA/no helmet option
--TR allows you to toggle IVA/no helmet anywhere

Thank you!

ETA: Solved, found I could edit the config file to allow IVA with atmospheric pressure = 0. Edited by Kuzzter

[quote name='luizopiloto']didn't worked... the game still use the stock glow texture.[/QUOTE]

Yes. It's passed to the shader as an alternate texture under who-know-what name. Maybe if I find the navball shader in *.assets files and study it I can find out how to replace it. Until then the only way is to overwrite the original file GameData/Squad/Props/IVANavBall/IVANavBall_Glow.dds.

Hello shaw, verykinky and the creator of the FASA - stuff & everyone!
I am thinking to create a suit pack on my own. So I am asking if I might use some textures from verykinky and the dark orange IVA suit from Kerbalgeddon (FASA?) it would be great if you could answer, so I can make it or not if someone doesn't like it.
My plan is to provide suits inspired by the MACES concept of the NASA:

[URL]http://www.nasaspaceflight.com/2014/12/nasa-evaluting-shuttle-aces-asteroid-eva/[/URL] Edited by Tranquil

[quote name='Tranquil']Hello shaw, verykinky and the creator of the FASA - stuff & everyone!
I am thinking to create a suit pack on my own. So I am asking if I might use some textures from verykinky and the dark orange IVA suit from Kerbalgeddon (FASA?) it would be great if you could answer, so I can make it or not if someone doesn't like it.
My plan is to provide suits inspired by the MACES concept of the NASA:

[URL]http://www.nasaspaceflight.com/2014/12/nasa-evaluting-shuttle-aces-asteroid-eva/[/URL][/QUOTE]

I have nothing to do with this. You need permissions from authors of texture pack you want to derive from. I recommend you contacting those authors via PMs, I don't know if they watch this thread regularly.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Pb5Zc6r.png[/IMG]

[URL="https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/1285/Human%20Colored%20Faces"]Download[/URL]

Inspired by the recent release of [URL="http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/140034-Real-Human-Kerbals"]Real Humans[/URL] texturepack, I have released this alternate version. It builds off of RealHeads and includes many more textures as well of various skin tones.

NOTE: This mod is a modification of the textures from the following texture packs:
[list]
[*]Real Humans
[*]Hotaru's Simple female heads
[*]GreeningGalaxy's Diverse Kerbal Lasses[/list]
This mod adds several new Kerbal head textures to the game. I don't have screenshots of them all because getting each Kerbal to have the unique head is very tedious. The pack requires that the TextureReplacer plugin be installed.
Textures added:

[B]Default[/B]
[list]
[*]White Male Head (default kerbalHead)

[*]White Female Head (default kerbalGirl_06_BaseColor)

[*]White Male Head with blond hair (Gene Kerman)

[*]Old Black Male Head (Mortimer Kerman)

[*]White Male Head with Moustache (Wernher von Kerman)

[*]White Male White-Blonde Hair with Goatee (Walt Kerman and WhiteGuyBlond)
[/list]
[B]Heads[/B]
[list]
[*]AsianGirl (medium yellowish skin tone)

[*]AsianGuy (medium yellowish skin tone)

[*]BlackGirl1 (dark skin tone)

[*]BlackGirl2 (darker skin tone)

[*]BlackGirl3 (darker darker skin tone and greyish fuzzy hair)

[*]BlackGuy1 (dark skin tone, military hair cut)

[*]BlackGuy2 (dark skin tone, goatee)

[*]BlackGuy3 (slightly less dark skin tone, moustache)

[*]HispanicGirl (light brown-tan-beige sort of skin color)

[*]HispanicGuy (light brown-tan-beige sort of skin color)

[*]WhiteGirlBlackhair (White skin with apparently wavy hair)

[*]WhiteGirlBlonde (White skin with straight white-blonde hair)

[*]WhiteGirlBrunette1 (White skin with wavy brown hair)

[*]WhiteGirlBrunette2 (White skin with straight brown hair)

[*]WhiteGirlDarkRed (White skin with wavy red-orange hair)

[*]WhiteGirlGinger (Pale white skin with straight red-orange hair)

[*]WhiteGuy1 (White skin with black military hair cut)

[*]WhiteGuy2 (White skin with black military hair cut and a moustache)

[*]WhiteGuy3 (White skin with parted black hair)

[*]WhiteGuyBlond (White skin with parted blonde hair and a goatee)
[/list]
Note: Not all skins are changed. Gus is still green, the VAB/SPH scientist Kerbal is still green, and all arms of non-astronaut Kerbals are green. Also, the pictures in the Astronaut Complex.

[imgur]gedMg[/imgur]

The suit pack shown is the [URL="https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/1224/Gregrox%27s%20Colored%20EVA/IVA%20Suits"]Multicolor Suit Pack[/URL].

The config file that comes with this pack includes a line that tells TextureReplacer that you can breathe on Earth. Edited by GregroxMun

There is this pack of head textures for the Trio that has become - after I got used to them being somewhat older than imagined at first - somewhat (non)-official-canon for me. Wondering if I could find something similar for Val too - suggestions? :)

[quote name='KerbMav']There is this pack of head textures for the Trio that has become - after I got used to them being somewhat older than imagined at first - somewhat (non)-official-canon for me. Wondering if I could find something similar for Val too - suggestions? :)[/QUOTE]

Good idea! Isn't the big Trio (now we need a fourth, it's a Quartet) in this pack?

Another one: GregroxMun, can you tint these green? Your job is terrific, but although I miss different skin tones, I kind of got used to green kerbals...

EDIT: BTW, WHO did this big Trio head pack? I've download it long ago and don't remember anymore... Edited by jlcarneiro

Hello Shaw!
Thanks for your answer. I've already written to Green Skull. Trying to contact veryinky. I was hoping they are on this thread from time to time :-)
If it works well I will post some pictures of my work so far. Edited by Tranquil

I've been searching for suit packs that fit my picky needs for some time, and have always leaned heavily on GregroxMun's and Bentley's suit packs. However, after seeing Shaymes' efforts, due to a simple conversation with GregroxMun that suddenly helped me understand a bit of graphics editing, I've made my own suit pack.

The suits in this pack level up with your Kerbalnaught. Levels are represented by stars on the back of the helmet, similar to Shaymes pack. The EVA suits also start out very plain and white, and level up every-other-level with your Kerbal, adding more color similar to Bentley's pack, and then becoming almost full color. IVA suits do not level, and are only slightly modified versions from Bentley's pack, adjusting the shoulder patches.

Role/profession emblems are on the backs of helmets, front chest pieces, and left arms of EVA suits, and left arms of the IVA suits.

Suit variants:
Orange Pilot (rocket)
Orange Engineer (wrench)
Orange Engineer (gear)
Orange Scientist (flask)
Blue Scientist
Purple Scientist
Red Pilot
Pink Pilot
Yellow Engineer (both wrench and gear variants)
Green Engineer (both wrench and gear variants)

Imgur Album here: http://imgur.com/a/pCwNy

Also be aware, there is minor inconsistency in the screenshots from the final package. I was experimenting with the possible star patterns in the screenshots, and decided on having level three be three stars straight across, not in a triangle. In a couple of pics, an incorrect normal map was used on EVA backpacks, that has since been corrected, and one has a level 1 suit from KSPRC as a placeholder.

Download

A very, very, special thank you to GregroxMun, Proot, Green Skull, Scart91, JFull, Bentley, and Shaymes for their inspiration, suit packs, and for making my KSP adventures a little more delightful and colorful over the last couple of years. Very special thanks to GregroxMun for the discussion and willingness to assist me. Thank you Shaw for this great mod and allowing all of this to happen.

If I've missed anyone, please let me know. If I have, I do apologize. If I've missed any licensing info, also please let me know, and I'll update it accordingly.

1.1 Update:

I updated my suit pack for 1.1, reverting the helmet textures back to .png files.  There was some texture unpleasantness with the compression to .dds textures for 1.0.5 and earlier that I felt were pretty apparent, but necessary for the memory savings.  The textures should be a bit cleaner now, and the posted screenshots more representative of what you actually get.  

The suit textures remain .dds, as the issue was much less apparent on them, and in 1.1 with the engine upgrade, it is very difficult to zoom in the suit to the level the texture would be noticed, without having the suit removed as you start to see through the model.  Plus, if you aren't likely to notice, there is no sense in taking up additional load time and memory converting the .pngs when the game loads.

-----------------------------------------
Licence for this pack is CC BY-NC-SA

Install instructional video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqjCOkMXb1Y

Edited by Cetera
1.1 update blurb

[quote name='Cetera']I've been searching for suit packs that fit my picky needs for some time, and have always leaned heavily on GregroxMun's and Bentley's suit packs. However, after seeing Shaymes' efforts, due to a simple conversation with GregroxMun that suddenly helped me understand a bit of graphics editing, I've made my own suit pack.

The suits in this pack level up with your Kerbalnaught. Levels are represented by stars on the back of the helmet, similar to Shaymes pack. The EVA suits also start out very plain and white, and level up every-other-level with your Kerbal, adding more color similar to Bentley's pack, and then becoming almost full color. IVA suits do not level, and are only slightly modified versions from Bentley's pack, adjusting the shoulder patches.

Role/profession emblems are on the backs of helmets, front chest pieces, and left arms of EVA suits, and left arms of the IVA suits.

Suit variants:
Orange Pilot (rocket)
Orange Engineer (wrench)
Orange Engineer (gear)
Orange Scientist (flask)
Blue Scientist
Purple Scientist
Red Pilot
Pink Pilot

Imgur Album here: [URL]http://imgur.com/a/pCwNy[/URL]
[url]http://imgur.com/a/pCwNy[/url]

Also be aware, there is minor inconsistency in the screenshots from the final package. I was experimenting with the possible star patterns in the screenshots, and decided on having level three be three stars straight across, not in a triangle. In a couple of pics, an incorrect normal map was used on EVA backpacks, that has since been corrected, and one has a level 1 suit from KSPRC as a placeholder.

[SIZE=5]Download: [/SIZE][URL]https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/1309/Cetera%27s%20Suit%20Pack[/URL]

A very, very, special thank you to GregroxMun, Proot, Green Skull, Scart91, JFull, Bentley, and Shaymes for their inspiration, suit packs, and for making my KSP adventures a little more delightful and colorful over the last couple of years. Very special thanks to GregroxMun for the discussion and willingness to assist me. Thank you Shaw for this great mod and allowing all of this to happen.

If I've missed anyone, please let me know. If I have, I do apologize. If I've missed any licensing info, also please let me know, and I'll update it accordingly.

Licence for this pack is [URL="http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/"]CC BY-NC-SA[/URL]
-----------------------------------------[/QUOTE]

Very neat. Will try this out in my new Career.

I've been searching for suit packs that fit my picky needs for some time, and have always leaned heavily on GregroxMun's and Bentley's suit packs. However, after seeing Shaymes' efforts, due to a simple conversation with GregroxMun that suddenly helped me understand a bit of graphics editing, I've made my own suit pack.

Suit variants:
Orange Pilot (rocket)
Orange Engineer (wrench)
Orange Engineer (gear)
Orange Scientist (flask)
Blue Scientist
Purple Scientist
Red Pilot
Pink Pilot

Imgur Album here: http://imgur.com/a/pCwNy
http://imgur.com/a/pCwNy

Licence for this pack is CC BY-NC-SA

You're suit pack is giving the engineer eva suit to the scientist. Example of the Big 3 kerbals.
yEQ4AHz.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I'll try to fix it on my end, but just FYI.

Shaw,

How do I set the defaults "correctly" so it matches Cetera's professions? I see config files, but look like they control what suits go where. Edited by Snark
Link to defunct website removed by moderator

[quote name='Cetera']I've been searching for suit packs that fit my picky needs for some time, and have always leaned heavily on GregroxMun's and Bentley's suit packs. However, after seeing Shaymes' efforts, due to a simple conversation with GregroxMun that suddenly helped me understand a bit of graphics editing, I've made my own suit pack.

Suit variants:
Orange Pilot (rocket)
Orange Engineer (wrench)
Orange Engineer (gear)
Orange Scientist (flask)
Blue Scientist
Purple Scientist
Red Pilot
Pink Pilot

Imgur Album here: [URL]http://imgur.com/a/pCwNy[/URL]
[url]http://imgur.com/a/pCwNy[/url]

[SIZE=5]Download: [/SIZE][URL]https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/1309/Cetera%27s%20Suit%20Pack[/URL]

Licence for this pack is [URL="http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/"]CC BY-NC-SA[/URL]
-----------------------------------------[/QUOTE]

Can you provide a config file prefilled out in your download? Without it, I think the game is randomly assigning your suits regardless of gender or profession.

On 26. 11. 2015, sardia said:

I'll try to fix it on my end, but just FYI.

Shaw,

How do I set the defaults "correctly" so it matches Cetera's professions? I see config files, but look like they control what suits go where.

Forget the config files, set them in the GUI in the space centre scene.

You only need to edit config files for advanced settings. Some settings are duplicated between config files and the GUI. In that case GUI settings are per-game and OVERRIDE the ones in the config files, so the latter only provide the defaults for new games.