[1.8-1.12] TextureReplacer 4.5.3 (8.2.2022)

shaw

7 hours ago, RangeMachine said:

I successfully ported TextureReplacer to 1.1 Pre-Release. But there problem with visor shader. I gonna contact with author and send him sources if he wants :)

Reveal hidden contents

sCJfOMq.jpg

Need this! :o With 1.1 and the performance increases, I've been wanting to dump all kinds of mods into the game. Texture Replacer being one of them. Can't wait the the fix!

6 hours ago, Noname115 said:

Need this! :o With 1.1 and the performance increases, I've been wanting to dump all kinds of mods into the game. Texture Replacer being one of them. Can't wait the the fix!

I send pull request to shaw, he will release update asap :) 

@shaw: The release notes for 2.4.12 say you "possibly fixed a reflections-related crash".  Any chance you're hoping it fixed the issue I described below?  Did anyone get a chance to try out the savegame I linked in the post, to see if they get the same stuttery lag on that scene when reflections are enabled?

Edited by Fwiffo

On 2/4/2016 at 4:01 AM, RangeMachine said:

I successfully ported TextureReplacer to 1.1 Pre-Release. But there problem with visor shader. I gonna contact with author and send him sources if he wants :)

Reveal hidden contents

sCJfOMq.jpg

If it works, you have my thanks. TextureReplacer, along with Chatterer, is one of my favourite "flavour" mods.

if i use the included MM_ReflectingPluginWrapper.cfg

// Replace ReflectionPlugin's module with TRReflection.

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ReflectiveShaderModule]]:NEEDS[TextureReplacer]
{
  @MODULE[ReflectiveShaderModule]
  {
    @name = TRReflection
  }
}

how many of the fields from ReflectiveShaderModule does TRReflection actually use, if any? i notice that ReflectiveShaderModule has quite complex management of reflections including falloff distance, reflection colour bias etc.

for instance,

//Reflection shader plugin
    MODULE
    {
        name = ReflectiveShaderModule

// Lower values for performance, higher values for aesthetics (you shouldn't ever need to go higher than 1024).
        CubeMapSize = 16

// How deep the reflection will be ("how far the reflection camera will view")
        FarClipPlane = 500000000
		// How far away must something be before it is reflected
		NearClipPlane = .1

// Set to false to render all 6 faces of the CubeMap at once (six times slower~)
        OneFacePerFrame = true

// The shader to find. The reflective shaders are:
        // Reflective/Diffuse
        // Reflective/VertexLit
        // Reflective/Bumped Diffuse
		//Reflective/Bumped Specular
        ShaderName = Reflective/Bumped Diffuse
		realTimeReflection = False

// The height of the parallax map. Values are accepted between 0.005 and 0.08.
        ParallaxHeight = 0.01

// How reflective the reflection will be (Weakest 0.0 - 1.0 Strongest).
        ReflectionStrength = 0.50
		//ReflectionColor = 0, 0, 0, 0

// Use this variable to specify which meshes to apply the shader to.
        // Not using this variable will default to the first found mesh.
        // Use the actual mesh name for the value. Or you could use:
        // all - to replace the shader on all meshes in the model.
        MeshesToChange = Line28,Cylinder88,ant1,ant2,ant3,ant4,tdoor1_000,tdoor1_001,Object01,Object15,Line28,Line04,Line01,Line29,bant1,bant2,Line05,Line07

// How shiny the specularity will be (if specular).
        // This value will be automatically set if it already exists on the previous shader and is not defined here.
        Shininess = 1.0
		updateRate = 130

// These variables should be used together only.
        // These values will be automatically set if they already exist on the previous shader and are not defined here
        SpecColorR = 0.8
        SpecColorG = 0.8
        SpecColorB = 0.8
        SpecColorA = 0.8
		rimFalloff = 5.0
		rimColor = 0.8242, 0.6445, 0.1914, 1.0
		ReflectionColor = 0.6242, 0.6445, 0.69, 1.0
    }

whereas TRReflection's supported fields seem to be limited to 

MODULE
{
  name = TRReflection
  shader = Reflective/Bumped Diffuse
  colour = 0.5 0.5 0.5
  interval = 1
  meshes = FrontWindow SideWindow
}

none of which overlap the ReflectiveShaderModule namespace.

Edited by speedwaystar

Hello
KSP 1.1 build id = 01183
TextureReplacer v2.4.13.34255
It was change something in how it work GalaxyTex file work ? aka after i was grab TextureReplacer what you done for 1.1 & set my dds file there it seems to look very fade, i check logs noo eror, noo warning, noo nulref all look fine
Print Screen:

Spoiler

3gw0jxk.png
OjEPAtS.png
BsZjVFe.png

logs: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9RK2PFOUhe3bXNrZS1MSndiV2s/view?usp=sharing
thx for great work
Cheer & Salute

Edited by Blacks

5 hours ago, speedwaystar said:

if i use the included MM_ReflectingPluginWrapper.cfg

// Replace ReflectionPlugin's module with TRReflection.

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ReflectiveShaderModule]]:NEEDS[TextureReplacer]
{
  @MODULE[ReflectiveShaderModule]
  {
    @name = TRReflection
  }
}

how many of the fields from ReflectiveShaderModule does TRReflection actually use, if any? i notice that ReflectiveShaderModule has quite complex management of reflections including falloff distance, reflection colour bias etc.

for instance,

//Reflection shader plugin
    MODULE
    {
        name = ReflectiveShaderModule

// Lower values for performance, higher values for aesthetics (you shouldn't ever need to go higher than 1024).
        CubeMapSize = 16

// How deep the reflection will be ("how far the reflection camera will view")
        FarClipPlane = 500000000
		// How far away must something be before it is reflected
		NearClipPlane = .1

// Set to false to render all 6 faces of the CubeMap at once (six times slower~)
        OneFacePerFrame = true

// The shader to find. The reflective shaders are:
        // Reflective/Diffuse
        // Reflective/VertexLit
        // Reflective/Bumped Diffuse
		//Reflective/Bumped Specular
        ShaderName = Reflective/Bumped Diffuse
		realTimeReflection = False

// The height of the parallax map. Values are accepted between 0.005 and 0.08.
        ParallaxHeight = 0.01

// How reflective the reflection will be (Weakest 0.0 - 1.0 Strongest).
        ReflectionStrength = 0.50
		//ReflectionColor = 0, 0, 0, 0

// Use this variable to specify which meshes to apply the shader to.
        // Not using this variable will default to the first found mesh.
        // Use the actual mesh name for the value. Or you could use:
        // all - to replace the shader on all meshes in the model.
        MeshesToChange = Line28,Cylinder88,ant1,ant2,ant3,ant4,tdoor1_000,tdoor1_001,Object01,Object15,Line28,Line04,Line01,Line29,bant1,bant2,Line05,Line07

// How shiny the specularity will be (if specular).
        // This value will be automatically set if it already exists on the previous shader and is not defined here.
        Shininess = 1.0
		updateRate = 130

// These variables should be used together only.
        // These values will be automatically set if they already exist on the previous shader and are not defined here
        SpecColorR = 0.8
        SpecColorG = 0.8
        SpecColorB = 0.8
        SpecColorA = 0.8
		rimFalloff = 5.0
		rimColor = 0.8242, 0.6445, 0.1914, 1.0
		ReflectionColor = 0.6242, 0.6445, 0.69, 1.0
    }

whereas TRReflection's supported fields seem to be limited to 

MODULE
{
  name = TRReflection
  shader = Reflective/Bumped Diffuse
  colour = 0.5 0.5 0.5
  interval = 1
  meshes = FrontWindow SideWindow
}

none of which overlap the ReflectiveShaderModule namespace.

ReflectionColor and MeshesToChange. https://github.com/ducakar/TextureReplacer/blob/master/TextureReplacer/TRReflection.cs#L44

As you can (hopefully) see from the code `ReflectionColor` is interpreted as an alias for `colour` and `MeshesToChange` as an alias for `meshes` with the exception that `MeshesToChange = all` means the same as an empty `meshes =`. Everything else is ignored.

3 hours ago, Blacks said:

Hello
KSP 1.1 build id = 01183
TextureReplacer v2.4.13.34255
It was change something in how it work GalaxyTex file work ? aka after i was grab TextureReplacer what you done for 1.1 & set my dds file there it seems to look very fade, i check logs noo eror, noo warning, noo nulref all look fine
Print Screen:

Reveal hidden contents

3gw0jxk.png
OjEPAtS.png
BsZjVFe.png

logs: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9RK2PFOUhe3bXNrZS1MSndiV2s/view?usp=sharing
thx for great work
Cheer & Salute

I don't know. Maybe some changes in the shaders. Maybe Squad added some special parameters to `GalaxyTex` Imaterials now in 1.1 and get reset when replacing the texture ... maybe I'll investigate that during the weekend.

Edited by shaw

On 4/2/2016 at 1:01 PM, RangeMachine said:

Reveal hidden contents

sCJfOMq.jpg

Thank you for doing what you did and helping ducakar ?  It seems that everything is working as it did with one thing.  I was using TR to also allow for a custom nav ball, that doesn't seem to work with the same file before.  If there a change that I didn't read about?

Just a quick note to say thank you for this mod.  Playing with 1.1 doing a little bug hunting everything feels bland, all the Kerbals are clones - the skybox is boring - all the little visual tweaks missing.  I think I'll stick with playing 1.05 even after the official 1.1 release till you have time to bring this fully up to speed.  Thanks for making a fun game capable of being much more visually stimulating.

Edited by Rik
spelling error

I use the latest version 1.1 pre-release. Only I have a bug with display of textures for women's heads?

Spoiler

OrOKT9R.png?1

for comparison

BmwVmoz.png?1

Who uses the module WindowShine add the lines in it

Spoiler

@PART[LgRadialSolarPanel]
{
    %MODULE[TRReflection]
    {
        %name = TRReflection
        %shader = Reflective/Bumped Diffuse
        %colour = 0.5 0.5 0.5
        %interval = 2
        %meshes = panel_000 panel_001 panel_002
    }
}

Edited by veld

On 08/07/2015 at 9:28 PM, GreeningGalaxy said:

<snip good old stuff with female heads>

Was sifting through oId posts, and realized I had completely forgotten about this texture pack! It's not on CKAN, could you add it/would you mind if I do?

edit - I tried, but I give up.:( I hate GitHub. I really do.

Edited by monstah

Just now, monstah said:

Was sifting through oId posts, and realized I had completely forgotten about this texture pack! It's not on CKAN, could you add it/would you mind if I do?

Go for it! I was originally planning on posting it to Kerbalstuff, but then, well... that happened. I haven't gotten around to making an account on Spacedock yet, so at the moment it's just sitting there on dropbox. It's really overdue for some updates, but, well, I'm a physics major. :confused: 

Meantime, yeah, you can do what you want with it!

4 minutes ago, GreeningGalaxy said:

It's really overdue for some updates, but, well, I'm a physics major. :confused: 

Oh. Best luck with that!

I really liked the female heads on the original Diverse Head Pack. Back when stock only had males they did a great job doing female textures for the male head shape (there was this one scientist with blue bangs. So cool.). But it didn't work with the new female heads and after I forgot about yours, all my females have been stock-boring :( 

(took me some time to understand your signature until I remembered they friggin' started fusion on Jupiter...)

Edited by monstah
single sentence paragraphs are no good

1 minute ago, monstah said:

Oh. Best luck with that!

I really liked the female heads on the original Diverse Head Pack, back when stock only had males they did a great job doing female textures for the male head shape (there was this one scientist with blue bangs. So cool.), but it didn't work with the new female heads and after I forgot about yours, all my females have been stock-boring :( 

(took me some time to understand your signature until I remembered they friggin' started fusion on Jupiter...)

My Ultimate Ambitious Plans are to make textures of varying masculinity/femininity for both models. Much closer at hand, though, is probably to figure out how to make hair some other way besides copypasting bits of photos of my own hair a bunch of times, because that ends up looking really janky. I'm really no artist when it comes to screwing around with GIMP, so who knows when I'll find time to work on that. With luck, though, blue bangs are still on the way.

5 hours ago, gamerscircle said:

I am curious, in 1.0.5, I used TextureReplacer for adding a custom naball, does anyone know if this ability will return or so I need to adjust my old navball file?

That is probably going to depend on how much Shaw can update in the mod.  Since Squad completely rewrote the GUI in 1.1, including the Navball, nothing will work like it did.  It'll have to be a new "fix" completely reverse-engineered from scratch most likely.

I used to use a slightly-customized navball, with a few colored stripes so I could easily see which was was east and west on the navball.  

I updated my suit pack for 1.1, reverting the helmet textures back to .png files.  There was some texture unpleasantness with the compression to .dds textures for 1.0.5 and earlier that I felt were pretty apparent, but necessary for the memory savings.  The textures should be a bit cleaner now, and the posted screenshots more representative of what you actually get.  

The suit textures remain .dds, as the issue was much less apparent on them, and in 1.1 with the engine upgrade, it is very difficult to zoom in the suit to the level the texture would be noticed, without having the suit removed as you start to see through the model.  Plus, if you aren't likely to notice, there is no sense in taking up additional load time and memory converting the .pngs when the game loads.

44 minutes ago, bradwiggo said:

How do you install this, do you drag the texture replacement folder into the gamedata folder? And how do you install the extras?

Yes, usually you just unzip texture packs and put them into respective folder (in most cases you already have the GameData/TextureReplacer/... folder hierarchy in the texture packs).