[1.8-1.12] TextureReplacer 4.5.3 (8.2.2022)

shaw

On 12/29/2018 at 9:56 PM, Murican_Jeb said:

Where could I get a suit template? Maybe texture replacer could come with it's own templates?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lwtzqv484r57j64/builtin-suits.zip?dl=0

On 1/10/2019 at 4:19 PM, Spuzzolo_98 said:

How do I edit visor's texure? I'd just like to see the reflection.

You create them or change them if you already have some suit pack installed. See the OP or README for the details.

3 hours ago, Murican_Jeb said:

thanks @shaw wanted to make some military suits for a long time :)

One more thing: use EVA suit as the basis because IVA suits have some artefacts around neck when you remove neck ring. Unfortunately, Squad only updated EVA suit texture for the new ring-less models in KSP 1.6. There are no issues with vintage suits as they never have (or had) neck rings.

Anyone know why my Kerbals lips twitch during EVA with their helmets on?  Previously it had to do with reflections but setting the reflection refresh to "none" does not appear to resolve the issue.  Help would be appreciated, their seizures in orbit can be a tad distracting.

Took a short video, link below.

Video1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fq54rfkw06x8231/Kerbal Space Program 2019.01.14 - 11.55.37.03.mp4?dl=0

Video 2

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9h53r35lud76er0/Kerbal Space Program 2019.01.14 - 12.02.02.06.mp4?dl=0

Solved: I was provided a response in Discord, at the KSC click mustache kerbal icon and turn off real time reflections.  Apparently still an issue with reflections but thats where the setting is located for those who are unaware, like I was.

Edited by GrimT
Including video.

Apologies if this has already been asked, but I'm pretty confused here. I'm on a heavily modded career playthrough with KSP 1.3.1 - and I have TextureReplacerReplaced installed. It said that that mod was replacing this one, but now I'm seeing this one is updated for later versions of KSP. I'm assuming I should be using the one I have already, but am I wrong? Should I be using this one instead? I've got Astronomer's Visual Pack installed, and I'd love to also use suit stuff from @overkill13 as well, but that says it's for the future version as well. I'm gonna assume at this point that I really cannot use updated mods anymore, but at the same time now, I'm getting absolutely no ground textures for Eve -- and I'm just all confused whether it's got something to do with Texture replacer now. Ugh.

Thank you for your time... anyone. Is this version of Texture Replacer good to use with KSP 1.3.1, or should I be sticking with Texture Replacer Replaced? Would any of this have to do with having no textures on Eve?

[EDIT] I've found the solution. I had AT_Utils updated to 1.6.2, and it should have been 1.6.0. I downgraded it.

Edited by charliepryor
Found the solution

5 hours ago, charliepryor said:

...I'd love to also use suit stuff from @overkill13 as well, but that says it's for the future version as well...

[EDIT] I've found the solution. I had AT_Utils updated to 1.6.2, and it should have been 1.6.0. I downgraded it.

My version of the suits is highly unlikely to work with KSP 1.3.1 because the suit texture maps were significantly different prior to 1.5.  For your version you should look at the original MKS Suits mod which can be found here:

https://spacedock.info/mod/1175/USI Kolonization Class Suits?ga=%3CGame+3102+%27Kerbal+Space+Program%27%3E

I'm sure this has probably been asked before. In which case, my apologies.

The suit textures that seem to come with the mod by default don't seem to be actually compatible with the new model. The default texture works fine though.
Is there someone who has revamped the textures to make them compatible with the new model? Or perhaps mods that are up to date with the current model?

in 1.6.1, installing this makes a bunch of my spaceplanes not display more than half their parts... anyone else seeing this?  seems specific to my mk2-formfactor planes.. they look fine when first created in SPH, but on the runway only some of the parts display, the rest are absent.. structurally still works.  Opening them back up in SPH after, same problem there.  Uninstalled texturereplacer and all was fine.  Using stock + mk2-stockalike expansion.  doesn't seem to affect any other form factor's parts, only mk2...

5 hours ago, Moostic said:

Is there someone who has revamped the textures to make them compatible with the new model? Or perhaps mods that are up to date with the current model?

https://spacedock.info/mod/2030/Gregrox's Multi Color Suit Pack 2.0

https://spacedock.info/mod/2017/Coloured EVA and IVA Suits for KSP 1.5

https://spacedock.info/mod/2035/[TextureReplacer] USI Kolonization Class Suits Redux

One of those aught to get you by.

On 1/25/2019 at 7:29 PM, MSA said:

Where do I put them?

What folder I mean

It's everything in the README and OP, how to name them and where to put them .If you still don't know check some texture pack.

21 hours ago, Moostic said:

I'm sure this has probably been asked before. In which case, my apologies.

The suit textures that seem to come with the mod by default don't seem to be actually compatible with the new model. The default texture works fine though.

No suit textures come with this mod. It just that Squat hasn't fixed stock IVA textures for the neck ring and so that there are artefact around necks when using them outside.

21 hours ago, ss8913 said:

in 1.6.1, installing this makes a bunch of my spaceplanes not display more than half their parts... anyone else seeing this?  seems specific to my mk2-formfactor planes.. they look fine when first created in SPH, but on the runway only some of the parts display, the rest are absent.. structurally still works.  Opening them back up in SPH after, same problem there.  Uninstalled texturereplacer and all was fine.  Using stock + mk2-stockalike expansion.  doesn't seem to affect any other form factor's parts, only mk2...

Upload your logs.

On 1/26/2019 at 1:30 AM, overkill13 said:

Is it possible to add the parachute pack hiding functionality to the 1.5.1 version?  I'm more than happy to copy some files or write a MM patch is necessary.

Maybe, if I'll have too much time. 

On 2/1/2019 at 6:39 PM, airtrafficcontroller said:

It's an already know bug, it stop twitching if you do a scene change, go EVA, then press ESC and go to tracking station, then go back to you EVA Kerbal again, works with me.

if @shaw is working on it, that must be a clue to solve it.

It's a timing issue. No matter how I set relectionInterval, there are always some downsides. That's the least evil of them all IMO. Only disabling reflections completely fixes it.

On 1/3/2019 at 8:08 PM, shaw said:

I know, it is probably caused by unstable FPS when reflections are enabled. Try changing `reflectionInterval`. Previously, it was set to 2 and caused some ragdoll issues, not it's 4 by default and causes mouth jitter ... if you set it to 1, there's a noticeable performance drop ...

Edited by shaw

On 1/27/2019 at 10:19 PM, shaw said:

Upload your logs.

Hi. I have been seeing the same issue as ss8913 describes. Here is my full output_log.

I'd hazard this might be a relevant part of it? 

NullReferenceException
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Renderer:get_enabled ()
  at TextureReplacer.Reflections+Script.Update (Boolean force) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at TextureReplacer.Reflections+Script.UpdateScripts () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at TextureReplacer.TRActivator+TRReflectionUpdater.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

NullReferenceException
  at TextureReplacer.Reflections+Script.Update (Boolean force) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at TextureReplacer.Reflections+Script.UpdateScripts () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at TextureReplacer.TRActivator+TRReflectionUpdater.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

NullReferenceException

NullReferenceException

Please let me know if I should provide any other information? I am relatively green.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/14/2016 at 6:08 PM, Poodmund said:

I've whipped up another at the special request from forum user @Errol who wrote a very heartfelt plea to try to create something that he would like to see in game.

The result was the merging of the Milky Way skybox at an angled tilt with the Deep Star Map skybox layered over to increase the star field density with a few extra bits dotted here and there. I think I have achieved what Errol requested, so I'll let him try it out and respond. :D

3oz8xG2SoeEJvJBRWo.gif

Obviously the gif doesn't do it true justice. Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hkfkqy3c2hgta0d/PoodsTiltedMilkyWay.zip?dl=0

I strongly advise the use of...

... when using the skyboxes and adjusting the "Dynamic Skybox Brightness" to suit your liking as to whether you like it bright or dark in certain situations as you ascend etc.

Has this mod changed too much to use these skyboxes anymore? I tried dropping these files into the texture replacer folder, but still had the stock skybox.

On 2/10/2019 at 11:42 PM, pseudamin said:

Hi. I have been seeing the same issue as ss8913 describes. Here is my full output_log.

I'd hazard this might be a relevant part of it? 

Please let me know if I should provide any other information? I am relatively green.

Sorry, I cannot reproduce your issue. Can you send me an exact .craft file where the issues can be seen? And what OS do you use? Do you launch KSP with any additional parameters, line -force-opengl?

On 2/21/2019 at 3:12 AM, Errol said:

Has this mod changed too much to use these skyboxes anymore? I tried dropping these files into the texture replacer folder, but still had the stock skybox.

No, nothing regarding skyboxes changed in years.

p. s. Just tested it, works perfectly, you just don't need EnvMap directory.

Edited by shaw

4 hours ago, shaw said:

Sorry, I cannot reproduce your issue. Can you send me an exact .craft file where the issues can be seen? And what OS do you use? Do you launch KSP with any additional parameters, line -force-opengl?

Hi shaw, 

I have shaved down my mod list to avoid the issue, so I am not myself sure that I can reproduce it. But removing TR seemed to do the trick. I think it might have been a rendering issue or order of rendering conflict, as the parts were loaded and present (as in, you could see them when hovering the cursor over them) they just weren't visible. Anyways, here is a .craft file which I know had the issue.

I run KSP on Windows 10, with CKAN and without any additional parameters.