[1.8-1.12] TextureReplacer 4.5.3 (8.2.2022)

shaw

20 hours ago, Fredde104 said:

I just updated to 1.6.1 and my own suit textures wont show up. Would anyone be able to help me update it? Though i have no experience with normal maps...

IIRC correctly the devs changed the way the texture maps work at like 1.6 or thereabouts and in turn instantly broke the old suit texture mods... I hate it, I have a Soviet themed career that these were great for and I simply don't have the time to figure out how on earth to map the old textures to the new ones.

On 8/29/2019 at 6:44 AM, LanderDude said:

IIRC correctly the devs changed the way the texture maps work at like 1.6 or thereabouts and in turn instantly broke the old suit texture mods... I hate it, I have a Soviet themed career that these were great for and I simply don't have the time to figure out how on earth to map the old textures to the new ones.

I was so proud of the suits I made.  I'm not computer saavy so it wasn't easy, but they looked great.      I have no idea how to get them back now. :(

On 9/4/2019 at 8:24 PM, Kethevin said:

I was so proud of the suits I made.  I'm not computer saavy so it wasn't easy, but they looked great.      I have no idea how to get them back now. :(

Which ones exactly did you make?  I'm sorry, I don't recall the source of the ones I have still on my drive, but I msis them so much.  The base "Kosmonaut" style in the game is... nice, but it doesn't have the same feel. The one I used was the one with Hammer and Sickle relief on the back of the helmet.

Hey, checking back in (sorry for the delay), I got lost in starsector xD

So, i was browsing through your github and I saw that you added the makinghistorybundle available in replacer.cs. I was going to try my hand at making my own pull request to help, but I wasn't sure where you went to find the name for the dlc suits. Sorry if you're already past this part, but I didn't see it on the github anywhere.

It looks like all that was need was:

Untitled.png

I'm not really great at this level of modding (i usually do more basic stuff), but I'm trying to be helpful xD

If anyone has any leads for me, let me know. I'd like to assist in adding the new breaking ground suits.

Edit:

I might just attempt making it with replacing all instances of makinghistory with breakingground etc and see how it works. Its also possible that its named serenity, based on the folder name.

Edit2:

I think that it might also replace vintage w/ future (looking over the change notes)

Edit 3:

Sent a possible rough draft.

Edited by Roskii Heiral
misspelling/clarification

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/10/2019 at 2:29 AM, Roskii Heiral said:

Hey, checking back in (sorry for the delay), I got lost in starsector xD

So, i was browsing through your github and I saw that you added the makinghistorybundle available in replacer.cs. I was going to try my hand at making my own pull request to help, but I wasn't sure where you went to find the name for the dlc suits. Sorry if you're already past this part, but I didn't see it on the github anywhere.

It looks like all that was need was:

Untitled.png

I'm not really great at this level of modding (i usually do more basic stuff), but I'm trying to be helpful xD

If anyone has any leads for me, let me know. I'd like to assist in adding the new breaking ground suits.

Edit:

I might just attempt making it with replacing all instances of makinghistory with breakingground etc and see how it works. Its also possible that its named serenity, based on the folder name.

Edit2:

I think that it might also replace vintage w/ future (looking over the change notes)

Edit 3:

Sent a possible rough draft.

Are you talking about changing the suit skins on the future suits or making the kerbal skins work with the future suits.

If i use the future suits i lose the kerbal skin they revert to the default kerbals but switching back to vintage suits gives me the skin chosen for a kerbal back.

15 hours ago, Ocid said:

Are you talking about changing the suit skins on the future suits or making the kerbal skins work with the future suits.

If i use the future suits i lose the kerbal skin they revert to the default kerbals but switching back to vintage suits gives me the skin chosen for a kerbal back.

Yes, It looks like a simple fix, I was trying to send it to shaw, but He hasn't been on in like 10 days. That reminds me, i made a new revision

On 9/19/2019 at 1:25 AM, Roskii Heiral said:

Yes, It looks like a simple fix, I was trying to send it to shaw, but He hasn't been on in like 10 days. That reminds me, i made a new revision

Ok thats good it seems like a simple fix. Onet hing that would stop me using them on career save. 

Like having my identifiable kerbals :D 

Should really start digging into modding to help out. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When I installed it, it somehow deleted my kerbal's texture.

It looks like this.

What do I do?

Installed Mods:

Spoiler
  • Alien Space Programs
  • B9 Part Switch
  • BD Armory and its extension
  • EVE
  • Community Resource Pack
  • Dynamic Battery Storage
  • KER
  • HyperEdit
  • Kopernicus
  • MechJeb2
  • Modular Flight Integrator (might be a part of another mod... don't remember installing this)
  • Near Future Construction, Electrical, Launch Vehicles, Props, Propulsion, Solar and Spacecraft
  • Physics Range Extender
  • PlanetShine
  • ReStock and ReStock+
  • Scatterer
  • Both of the DLCs
  • Texture Replacer
  • KAC
  • VesselMover

Log: here it is

Edited by Adjie
Accidentally pressed F5 while typing

2 hours ago, Vorg said:

I've been looking through this thread to see if TextureReplacer-3.7 is still working with v1.8.1. Not seeing any post that says it is or isn't.

Well , if no one had tried it, and you want to I feel go ahead, just be sure to send a log file to the dev so they can look at it and report it.

(or if you want, I might be the test subject.. sign me up ocach! I'm going in!)

Space_Coyote

23 hours ago, Vorg said:

I've been looking through this thread to see if TextureReplacer-3.7 is still working with v1.8.1. Not seeing any post that says it is or isn't.

Skybox is not working. It seems to be updates, so I suppose it's about this mod not being updated

Edited by Bersagliere81
double post

Hello, Kerbonauts.

Besides the known problems, I'd like to report some other bugs:

- I have set my class suits for all traits in my config file, but there is no option to define the vintage suits for classes. Consequently choosing a vintage suit for some Kerbals, they get automatically default suit textures assigned and the vintage suit looks wrong and bugged. It would be really cool if vintage suits can also be bound to different classes via config file or at least leaving their textures alone if classes are defined in config (if that is easier).

- Sometimes kerbal heads are white with no textures after a scene change or switch to another vessel. Happens very random and sometimes not all kerbals on the vessel are affected.

- Useing the internal helmet lights, a KIS-Item (KerbalHacks from Enceos), in 1.8.1 let the kerbals head/face flash and flicker very fast if TR 3.7 is installed. Reflections in TR are set to off. (This is not happening with an older TR under KSP 1.8.1 though. And very rarely, most of the time in space.)

- More a request than bug report: Please bring back normal maps for kerbal heads.

- Another request: Breaking Ground future suit support (class suits too if possible).

I really love TR and this is one of my must have mods and I hope these issues can be resolved. Thank you for your efforts and time to make this great game even better.

On 10/18/2019 at 5:00 PM, therealcrow999 said:

Here is two of them, one is dark greyish and other one is yellowish, take your pick, enjoy:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Zr3ixM3D3OQ8DF_-CZQZNi6IOEkwiDW0

I just checked my archives and they're from this pack:
https://spacedock.info/mod/1986/[1.5] *New* Class color suits for Texture replacer

36 minutes ago, VoidSquid said:

Works fine here after converting the respective files from dds to png format.

My skybox files are DDS. And they work. DXT1.

btw the old shader fix for Windows still works on KSP 1.8.1, combined with the visor .dds from above everything is fine again:

visor fix by @therealcrow999:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/12bd9Gbmr6PlZFkDMgnrhoLfnDxXs8RSP/view

shader fix for Windows by @Tentei Venser:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/12bd9Gbmr6PlZFkDMgnrhoLfnDxXs8RSP/view

On 11/25/2019 at 11:12 PM, Neo23 said:

Hello, Kerbonauts.

Besides the known problems, I'd like to report some other bugs:

- I have set my class suits for all traits in my config file, but there is no option to define the vintage suits for classes. Consequently choosing a vintage suit for some Kerbals, they get automatically default suit textures assigned and the vintage suit looks wrong and bugged. It would be really cool if vintage suits can also be bound to different classes via config file or at least leaving their textures alone if classes are defined in config (if that is easier).

- Sometimes kerbal heads are white with no textures after a scene change or switch to another vessel. Happens very random and sometimes not all kerbals on the vessel are affected.

- Useing the internal helmet lights, a KIS-Item (KerbalHacks from Enceos), in 1.8.1 let the kerbals head/face flash and flicker very fast if TR 3.7 is installed. Reflections in TR are set to off. (This is not happening with an older TR under KSP 1.8.1 though. And very rarely, most of the time in space.)

- More a request than bug report: Please bring back normal maps for kerbal heads.

- Another request: Breaking Ground future suit support (class suits too if possible).

I really love TR and this is one of my must have mods and I hope these issues can be resolved. Thank you for your efforts and time to make this great game even better.

- vintage suits have to be enabled per-Kerbal. It's a property of ProtoCrewMember (see ROSTER section in peristent.sfs). It would certainly be possible to extend config format to force Kerbals to switch to vintage suit when a vintage suit i selected ... however, how do you know if a texture belongs to a vintage suits? This cannot be derived from texture names most of the time. Maybin adding ".vintage" suffix to directories containing vintage suits?

- never occurred to me. Could you upload a minimal test case, i.e. contents of TR directory, preferably with as small number of textures and as simple configuration as possible still triggering the issue?

- does changing reflectionInterval help? (not all reflections are really turned off, only visor reflections)

- ok, in the next version

- ok, in the next version

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.