[1.8-1.12] TextureReplacer 4.5.3 (8.2.2022)

shaw

Alrighty! I've gotten Endraxials permission to post my edits and .dds conversions of his original planets. I've converted all planet textures to optimized .dds images, and shrunk all planet textures besides kerbins (I can't see any difference so, save ALL the memory!)

Thanks for updating my favourite texture pack.

Alrighty! I've gotten Endraxials permission to post my edits and .dds conversions of his original planets. I've converted all planet textures to optimized .dds images, and shrunk all planet textures besides kerbins (I can't see any difference so, save ALL the memory!)

Nicely done, what exact changes have been made to Endraxials?

Nicely done, what exact changes have been made to Endraxials?

All of Endraxial's textures are twice the resolution of the stock textures. I half sized all the planet textures making them the default resolution (I couldn't see any noticeable difference on my 22" 1920x1080 monitor) with the exception of Kerbin, which I left as 4k (Kerbin is far more detailed then the rest of the planets so it's resolution is noticeably better). That's really all the changes I did other than converting them to .dds (meaning flipping them vertically and saving as .dds with correct optimizing). I also didn't include gilly in that download. I'm thinking of making a full resolution upload though. Yes no?

Download: Avera9eJoe's Endraxial planet conversions (dropbox)

View on Imgur (a lot easier to see)

http://imgur.com/a/vPX7r

Enjoy~

so shiny eve :sticktongue:

Enjoy~

Thanks! But I have a problem, my game crashes after installing the textures. I placed them in the following folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TextureReplacer\Default

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks! But I have a problem, my game crashes after installing the textures. I placed them in the following folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TextureReplacer\Default

Am I doing something wrong?

Huh. If you're pushing the limits of your computer, the extra memory used by loading up these textures might crash you on load... I wouldn't think that would happen though as KSP's memory usage has practically halved since 0.90. Are you crashing directly after the loading bar finishes?

Edited by Avera9eJoe

Stupid question time - I don't particularly care for personalised kerbals, but I do care for suits (and glorious skyboxes). What's the status on lady kerbals? Will any suits that worked in 0.90 work on them as well? If not, how can I change them to? I just want to change the EVA and IVA suit - I don't need level/specialty distinction.

Stupid question time - I don't particularly care for personalised kerbals, but I do care for suits (and glorious skyboxes). What's the status on lady kerbals? Will any suits that worked in 0.90 work on them as well? If not, how can I change them to? I just want to change the EVA and IVA suit - I don't need level/specialty distinction.

Aha! This is exactly how I prefer my kerbals too :P. There was a Kerbal suit pack that had three suits for the three types on kerbals. I think they only worked on the original four but I can't remember. I'd link you if I wasn't on mobile haha. They might still be tagged 'new' in the texturereplacer archive.

I think the suits work but any textures that change the physical appearance of the kerbals themselves (their skin, hair, etc.) don't work properly.

Huh. If you're pushing the limits of your computer, the extra memory used by loading up these textures might crash you on load... I wouldn't think that would happen though as KSP's memory usage has practically halved since 0.90. Are you crashing directly after the loading bar finishes?

I did some testing (deleting mods) and the problem was with EVE. The moment I uninstalled EVE, game stopped crashing.

I did some testing (deleting mods) and the problem was with EVE. The moment I uninstalled EVE, game stopped crashing.

o-O I have EVE installed on my computer and I have no problems. Strange...

I just updated the endraxial planet .dds conversions to be full resolution now. Please tell me if you have any problems. I'll work on making a full half-res link when I next can. :)

LINK

Edited by Avera9eJoe

Does TextureReplacer support randomised textures for class-specific suits, the same way it does for heads? Would I be able to just write "Tourist = Hawaiian Hawaiian2 Hawaiian3 Hawaiian4" in the ClassSuits method and have tourists spawn with a variety of different Hawaiian shirts?

EDIT: And the answer is apparently "Yes". That's good.

EDIT AGAIN: So if you'd like your tourists to wear a variety of gaudy Hawaiian shirts on their trip into space, just download V1.1 and follow the instructions on the main page.

Edited by Grumman

Does TextureReplacer support randomised textures for class-specific suits, the same way it does for heads? Would I be able to just write "Tourist = Hawaiian Hawaiian2 Hawaiian3 Hawaiian4" in the ClassSuits method and have tourists spawn with a variety of different Hawaiian shirts?

EDIT: And the answer is apparently "Yes". That's good.

EDIT AGAIN: So if you'd like your tourists to wear a variety of gaudy Hawaiian shirts on their trip into space, just download V1.1 and follow the instructions on the main page.

No, it doesn't work like that. `Tourist =` entry is ignored because TR doesn't understand it, so tourists fall back to random suits. Since you haven't excluded your tourist suits from randomisation (via `excludedSuits`), they are probably the only suits used for randomisation, so it appears to work.

No, it doesn't work like that. `Tourist =` entry is ignored because TR doesn't understand it, so tourists fall back to random suits. Since you haven't excluded your tourist suits from randomisation (via `excludedSuits`), they are probably the only suits used for randomisation, so it appears to work.

Does TextureReplacer automatically exclude suits listed under ClassSuits then? Because I had four different suits installed and all twelve tourists I've tested so far have only used the Tourist suit and not any of the other three.

Hmm.

But wouldn't it be handy to have a Tourist class? Does the game differentiate between tourists and regular kerbonauts to begin with?

I mean, I have the 4 veterans with orange IVA suits, regulars with blue IVA suits, and ideally I'd give tourists a different (i.e. green) IVA suit. But I'm not sure how to do that with the current system.

Hmm.

But wouldn't it be handy to have a Tourist class? Does the game differentiate between tourists and regular kerbonauts to begin with?

I mean, I have the 4 veterans with orange IVA suits, regulars with blue IVA suits, and ideally I'd give tourists a different (i.e. green) IVA suit. But I'm not sure how to do that with the current system.

Of course there is a tourist class. Check the GUI. But you can't assign multiple suits to tourists. However this can still be achieved by having pilots' engineers' and scientists' suits in "excludedSuits" and don't assign any suit to tourists' class. The rest of the suits is then randomly assigned to tourists.