[1.8-1.12] TextureReplacer 4.5.3 (8.2.2022)

shaw

I am having a problem. I think I goofed somewhere. It keeps wanting to use "kerbalGirl9" for a male kerbal.

TextureReplacer
{
  visorReflectionColour = 0.5 0.5 0.1
}

CustomKerbals
{
	Jebediah Kerman  = M S-kerbalHead           Green-Orange
	Valentina Kerman = F S-kerbalGirl           Green-Orange
	Bill Kerman      = M S-kbGeneKerman_head    Red-Orange
	Bob Kerman       = M S-wernerVonKerman_head Blue-Orange
}

GenericKerbals
{
	excludedHeads =

excludedSuits =

femaleHeads = kerbalGirl_Stock f1 f2 f3 f4 f5 kerbalGirl1 kerbalGirl2 kerbalGirl3 kerbalGirl4 kerbalGirl5 kerbalGirl6 kerbalGirl7 kerbalGirl8 kerbalGirl9 necKros_fem_001 necKros_fem_002 necKros_fem_003 necKros_fem_004 necKros_fem_005 necKros_fem_006
}

ClassSuits
{
	Pilot     = Green
	Engineer  = Red
	Scientist = Blue
	Colonist  = Grey
	Tourist   = Grey
}

So I noticed I still had "kerbalGirl_Stock" in the list, but I had renamed that one to "S-kerbalGirl". I fixed that and now Jeb is getting "necKros_fem_001" for a head. The other guy is still getting "kerbalGirl9". There is something I am doing wrong in telling it the female heads are only female heads.

18 hours ago, Vandest said:

@Antipodes , unfortunately the link for Andromeda Skybox is dead.

The "Poodmund's Calm Nebula Skybox" would satisfy you?

Oh, I have the Andromeda skybox. I have installed in every copy of KSP I've played since discovering Texture Replacer.

I was just letting you know what I like in a skybox (in hope that future skybox artists would keep it in mind).

Edited by Antipodes

On 18/10/2016 at 9:26 PM, Poodmund said:

Ah it seems that @RangeMachine has accidentally included a certain Skybox's EnvMap files in the latest distribution of TextureReplacer... possibly whilst the reflections were being tested?

Anyway, if you are having trouble downloading Skyboxes off of CKAN, for the time being, you can fix this by navigating to the: GameData\TextureReplacer\EnvMap folder in your KSP directory and deleting the following files:

• NegativeX.png
  • NegativeY.png
  • NegativeZ.png
  • PositiveX.png
  • PositiveY.png
  • PositiveZ.png

Now you should be able to install a Skybox through CKAN. Let me know if this fixes the error.

About to install...

* Pood's Milky Way Skybox 1.0.0(cached)

The following inconsistencies were found:
PoodsMilkyWaySkybox wishes to install GameData/TextureReplacer/EnvMap/NegativeX.png, but this file is registered to TextureReplacer
 * PoodsMilkyWaySkybox wishes to install GameData/TextureReplacer/EnvMap/NegativeY.png, but this file is registered to TextureReplacer
 * PoodsMilkyWaySkybox wishes to install GameData/TextureReplacer/EnvMap/NegativeZ.png, but this file is registered to TextureReplacer
 * PoodsMilkyWaySkybox wishes to install GameData/TextureReplacer/EnvMap/PositiveX.png, but this file is registered to TextureReplacer
 * PoodsMilkyWaySkybox wishes to install GameData/TextureReplacer/EnvMap/PositiveY.png, but this file is registered to TextureReplacer
 * PoodsMilkyWaySkybox wishes to install GameData/TextureReplacer/EnvMap/PositiveZ.png, but this file is registered to TextureReplacer

Error!

just letting you know. what happened wwhen i tried. Im not bothered really if there is a fix for this i can wait a bit longer for CKAN to update everything as it looks to be soon anyways, thanks for the help :)

1 hour ago, sAssIn said:

just letting you know. what happened wwhen i tried. Im not bothered really if there is a fix for this i can wait a bit longer for CKAN to update everything as it looks to be soon anyways, thanks for the help :)

Yeah you can see from https://github.com/RangeMachine/TextureReplacer/commits/master that there have not been any commits made to the repo since RangeMachine was notified of the issue and said that it will be sorted in the future. You can check the 'Releases' tab on the Git Repo to check if a new release has been made to solve the issue but until then CKAN will not be able to update as there is not mod update for it to pull from.

If you want it via CKAN fully automated... sorry, be patient.

6 hours ago, Antipodes said:

Oh, I have the Andromeda skybox. I have installed in every copy of KSP I've played since discovering Texture Replacer.

I was just letting you know what I like in a skybox (in hope that future skybox artists would keep it in mind).

Ok, I think I see what you want. A skybox like the real one we have in our sky on earth but from another point in galaxy or in another galaxy. I hope too an artist will can hear you.

5 hours ago, sAssIn said:

About to install...

* Pood's Milky Way Skybox 1.0.0(cached)

The following inconsistencies were found:
PoodsMilkyWaySkybox wishes to install GameData/TextureReplacer/EnvMap/NegativeX.png, but this file is registered to TextureReplacer
 * PoodsMilkyWaySkybox wishes to install GameData/TextureReplacer/EnvMap/NegativeY.png, but this file is registered to TextureReplacer
 * PoodsMilkyWaySkybox wishes to install GameData/TextureReplacer/EnvMap/NegativeZ.png, but this file is registered to TextureReplacer
 * PoodsMilkyWaySkybox wishes to install GameData/TextureReplacer/EnvMap/PositiveX.png, but this file is registered to TextureReplacer
 * PoodsMilkyWaySkybox wishes to install GameData/TextureReplacer/EnvMap/PositiveY.png, but this file is registered to TextureReplacer
 * PoodsMilkyWaySkybox wishes to install GameData/TextureReplacer/EnvMap/PositiveZ.png, but this file is registered to TextureReplacer

Error!

It's really not hard to install it manually. 

I had a NRM working for heads before, But I can't seem to get it working now:

### General Textures ###

General replacement textures are of the form

GameData/TextureReplacer/Default/<internalName>

where `<internalName>` is the texture's internal name in KSP or path of a
texture inside `GameData/` (plus .dds/.png/.jpg/.tga extension, of course).

Examples:

GameData/TextureReplacer/
      Default/kerbalHead                  // teeth and male head
      Default/kerbalHeadNRM               // teeth and male head normal map
      Default/kerbalGirl_06_BaseColor     // female head
      Default/kerbalGirl_06_BaseColorNRM  // female head normal map

I have kerbalHeadNRM.dds in the Default folder, but it's not applying it. I also put it with a matching (minus "NRM") file name in the heads folder and selected it in game. But it is not being used.

On 10/22/2016 at 3:10 AM, Vorg said:

I have kerbalHeadNRM.dds in the Default folder, but it's not applying it. I also put it with a matching (minus "NRM") file name in the heads folder and selected it in game. But it is not being used.

I have the same issue: tried various format for the NRM without effect.

@RangeMachine I don't know if this has been brought up yet but I follow this thread pretty closely and haven't seen anything about it. So here is my issue. When Scatterer is installed alongside Texture Replacer, TR doesnt seem to know what to do. I get some pretty odd artifacting in the visor reflection. It seems that Scatterers ocean shaders are visible through the terrain in the visor reflection. Would it be possible to disable Scatterer's water from the reflection maybe in a later version? 

Without Scatterer everything is great.
vP4lCjg.png

With scatterer not so much.
H0nPsEa.png

ESgwk4q.png

Edited by Galileo

2 hours ago, Galileo said:

@RangeMachine I don't know if this has been brought up yet but I follow this thread pretty closely and haven't seen anything about it. So here is my issue. When Scatterer is installed alongside Texture Replacer, TR doesnt seem to know what to do. I get some pretty odd artifacting in the visor reflection. It seems that Scatterers ocean shaders are visible through the terrain in the visor reflection. Would it be possible to disable Scatterer's water from the reflection maybe in a later version? 

Without Scatterer everything is great.
vP4lCjg.png

With scatterer not so much.
H0nPsEa.png

ESgwk4q.png

If I right understand, water has same culling mask as local scenery (http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/API:Layers). @blackrack correct me if I'm not right. So if you want disable water reflections renderer you need to disable localscenery culling mask and you will not see anything in visor.

I don't know a thing about how this is done, so forgive me, but is there some way the reflection shader could just ignore the scatterer shader and render reflections like it's not even there? So you get the default sky and sea? Any way to make the reflections calculate their reflection map before scatterer is applied? Anything?

The realtime reflections are AWESOME, but intolerable with scatterer, and unfortunately once you've played with scatterer there's no going back. I'd love to see them coexist.

8 hours ago, RangeMachine said:

If I right understand, water has same culling mask as local scenery (http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/API:Layers). @blackrack correct me if I'm not right. So if you want disable water reflections renderer you need to disable localscenery culling mask and you will not see anything in visor.

I will look into this when I can.

23 hours ago, RangeMachine said:

Normal Maps and Main Menu EVAvisor texture fixed.

Download

7f349138-9a46-11e6-9e38-815e2499db71.png

Nice! Thank you !
I will try it as soon as I can !
I hope too this will help the WindowShine mod of @Avera9eJoe , or you haven't changed the shaders?

16 hours ago, Galileo said:

I don't use EVA suit on Kerbin but I hope that it will good in space.

4 hours ago, Poodmund said:

PSA to @Muji-k, @sAssIn and @Vandest and all others who use CKAN, thanks to RangeMachine's latest update (2.5.3), it is now possible again to do automated installs of Skyboxes via CKAN... go get downloading! :D

Nice, I'm happy for those who use CKAN. I don't use it right now but I know that is a useful tool for those who don't want brainstorming to install mods.

Edited by Vandest

I have been looking around and see many people mention you can save memory by "reusing" normal maps. 

I have basically every suit mod I can find installed and so I have a pile of normal maps building up.   how do I go about removing all the normal maps so they all share a single one?  well assuming their normal maps are identical...   if not I would assume if a normal map is in the directory with the texture it will be used instead of said shared normal map?