[1.8-1.12] TextureReplacer 4.5.3 (8.2.2022)

shaw

17 hours ago, msnbcorp said:

Grass and terrain around KSC is just HORRIBLE.

Can you show me an image? I know that near the KSC, in a flight scene, there are some ugly switching between what appear to be the "distant" KSC mesh and the "near" KSC mesh. Is that what you mean?

(an image is worth a thousand words :D)

No no it's just the classical grass image like on ALL screenshot of the KSC.

But honnestly it's probably the worst grass scene ever seen in a video game. I wonder if it's possible to improve it. By adding some variety etc...

But as the all system is build with PQS system i think it's difficult.

May be with kopernicus and co we can use the fact that KSC is a model and model all the ground by hand around the KSC.

On 10/25/2016 at 8:47 AM, RangeMachine said:

I never looked inside kerbal mouth :D

Did you get a chance to see why NRM are not being applied to the mouth yet? Great way to get them to open up wide, is stick a MK1 pod on a small stage and up about ~5k (some point before they put their helm on) cut throttle and EVA. Turn on jet pack to turn him around as needed. Mouth is wide open all the way down. :D

Edited by Vorg

9 hours ago, atomicfart said:

I'm new to modding KSP.  Do I put the unzipped folder called TextureReplacer into the Game Data folder inside of KSP local files?

@atomicfartPut the TextureReplacer folder under the ...\<yourKSP>\GameData folder.  Also, check the first post in this thread for complete install instructions and more valuable information.  Generally, this is a good idea for any and every mod you install.

Edited by Brigadier

10 hours ago, msnbcorp said:

No no it's just the classical grass image like on ALL screenshot of the KSC.

But honnestly it's probably the worst grass scene ever seen in a video game. I wonder if it's possible to improve it. By adding some variety etc...

But as the all system is build with PQS system i think it's difficult.

May be with kopernicus and co we can use the fact that KSC is a model and model all the ground by hand around the KSC.

Stock Visual Terrain already does that, for every planet, and does a magnificent job.

Yeah i know. I have tested it already. But it don't really change deeply texture around KSC.  The major problem is more that texture around should be draw by hand or overlaped with over texture with transparancy. Just one more layer should bring more realistic feelin--g about ground...

But i'm not sure that this is feasable with the PQS system. Could this system be "hacked" to permit the placement of over materials among others ? Or simply the placement or other texture by hand ?

Other solution is to use the building placement solution to create a ground as a building around KSC ...

Example under unity using procedural texturing :

5779-step8_vue_importcolladaobjectsfromb

render01.png

There are a lot of example under Unity. The key point is to permit the placement "by hand" of specific texture on the ground. The texture it self is generated proceduraly before no reel nedd to draw it. You although can generate it in the prog when needed as long as the seed is the same the result should be the same too.

Edited by msnbcorp

Well that's mainly stupid. The first contact with KSP is the KSC and the enjoying to discover over worls is modulated by the beauty of theses world. If it's just some plastic poo ... it"s not very fun...

Also a bit of engineering should permit to have these result easily...

20 hours ago, Galileo said:

As good as that looks I seriously doubt that ksp will ever look like that. The ground textures are not why people play this game and are probably the last priority for the developers. 

But isn't the improvement of all aspect of KSP a good thing? Currently, KSP do not use GPU power to its fullest, far from that...

It doesn't use anything of the gpu u mean. I have seen a lot in the 3D world, in research and co too. I can tell that most methods used by ksp for rendering are mainly very very oldschool. The major solutions choosen to deal with the rendering of very big map are very naive and not the "state of the art" one. Well, happily, with have the modders ^^. But it's sad that the main dev team currently focus AGAIN on very non important thing (localization currently, in a game where the mods will never be trad, it's a strange decision ... ) ...

Edited by msnbcorp

Hello, bad-english-user is here. Can someone help me? I`m trying to change galaxy skyboxes, so i have put .dds files into the /default/ folder. Problem is, in-game debugger says that textures from that path is loaded, but skybox have no any changes. I`ve asked a several players for this, they have it working. Am i doing it right?

Spoiler

BpyzPpw.png

1 hour ago, umeeo said:

Hello, bad-english-user is here. Can someone help me? I`m trying to change galaxy skyboxes, so i have put .dds files into the /default/ folder. Problem is, in-game debugger says that textures from that path is loaded, but skybox have no any changes. I`ve asked a several players for this, they have it working. Am i doing it right?

You can download that particular Skybox here: https://spacedock.info/mod/924/Pood's Calm Nebula Skybox

As for the statement @COL.R.Neville has said above, that is incorrect. You can use .dds images for textures in the /Default folder, skybox images being best saved in the DXT1 .dds format. Make sure any smaller, reflection textures go into the /EnvMap folder, these are the ones that cannot be .dds and as such could be .png images.

On 10/17/2016 at 1:50 AM, RangeMachine said:

UPDATE: Static reflections fixed. 

P. S. EnvMap textures must not be DDS format. Use PNG or any other you like.

okay i see now. ive only been putting in my skybox images in the env map folder. and everything has worked fine but you really need a copy in both the default and the envmap folder. 

the envmap folder holds everything for the reflections right? 

Edited by COL.R.Neville

Could I get some help with installing this mod? I've dragged and dropped the TextureReplacer file into GameData and added the two texturepacks for a skybox and EVA suits but no changes are noticeable when launching KSP. No crash as if I would've installed it wrong and no change as if it was installed at all. What am I missing? I'm entirely new to installing mods to KSP. Currently installed (and working) mods are planet shine, high performance EVE, KER, final frontier, and distant objects.

You said "dragged and dropped the TextureReplacer file into Gamedata".  You did mean to say you opened the "TextureReplacer.zip" file and then copied the enclosed "TextureReplacer" directory into the GameData directory, right?

Assuming that's not the issue, please take a look at where you put the suits.  My money is on they're not in the correct folder.  Your suit mod folders and/or files should be in "GameData\TextureReplacer\Suits".

I don't think you can have more than one Skybox mod.  I mean, you're replacing the entire galaxy with a skybox.  (Can you live in two galaxies at once? :confused:)  I'd try removing one of them.

21 minutes ago, nightstalker101s said:

Does anyone have a clue as to what would cause the icon to be missing in game? I understand that you need to be in the Kerbal Space Center screen staring at all of the buildings. The icon is missing for me though and I can't use super cool suits that I have found or the kustomkerbal heads.

Sounds like you installed incorrectly or you are missing the plugin.  Check your install.  You could also post a picture of your gamedata folder 

Pictures Maybe?

I'm not sure how to upload pictures, but hopefully that link works.

Also, weirdly the other mods that use texture replacer seem to have an effect, but perhaps I'm just crazy. I have SVE and a few other mods that listed texture replacer as a dependency and the changes they make show up in game. The only thing missing is the kerbal customizer icon.

Edited by nightstalker101s
Necessary info

28 minutes ago, nightstalker101s said:

Pictures Maybe?

Also, weirdly the other mods that use texture replacer seem to have an effect, but perhaps I'm just crazy. I have SVE and a few other mods that listed texture replacer as a dependency and the changes they make show up in game. The only thing missing is the kerbal customizer icon.

SVE doesn't use texture replacer.  I just listed it as a recommendation because skybox especially look so good with it. 

30 minutes ago, nightstalker101s said:

Pictures Maybe?

What version of TR are you using.  You need to be using RangeMachine's fork if you aren't. That pic doesn't really show me anything unfortunately. Maybe post your output. log so I can get a better look

Thanks so much! I didn't have RangeMachines installed correctly. I copy pasted over the files believing everything important would be replaced (I had realized I downloaded the wrong version a few days ago and then got mad when it wasn't work which led me to post to this forum), but unfortunately I didn't catch that my anti-virus was blocking the .dll file. SO,.. I had the old .dll file with the RangeMachine other files. Thanks again (I used the output.log to find the info and wouldn't have known to do that).

• 3 weeks later...