[1.8-1.12] TextureReplacer 4.5.3 (8.2.2022)

shaw

On 12/14/2016 at 10:53 PM, THX-1138 said:

Hello Fellow Cosmo-Astro-Taiko-nauts!

I want to give my appreciation and sincere thank you to all modders that make "TextureReplacer" such a great mod for KSP.

I have the following issue and have attempted to research it within the 60+ pages within this topic but I am unable to find a solution:

I am running KSP v1.2.0 with the following mods:

KSPRC_-_Renaissance_Compilation_artworks_remake-0.7_PreRelease_3 by Proot

with updated versions of:

"Texture Replacer" by shaw (MIT license / Copyright © 2013-2015 Davorin Učakar, Ryan Bray)
"Environmental Visual Enhancements" by Rbray89 (MIT license / Copyright © 2013 Ryan Bray)

"Scatterer" by blackrack (GPLv3 / Copyright © 2015 Ghassen Lahmar)

"Kopernicus" by Thomas P. with NathanKell and KillAshley (GNU GPL / Created by BryceSchroeder and Teknoman117)

"Distat Object Enhancement" by MOARdV (Creative Commons [cc-by] / Created by RInsert other media ubber Ducky)

"PlanetShine" by Valerian (Apache license 2.0 / Copyright 2014, Valerian Gaudeau)

But I have the following effects with the Kerbal suit helmet visors:

1 - The visors are not semi-transparent

2- There are "skybox" anomalies within the reflections on certain angles

I am using the "REAL" option ( reflectionType = real) instead of the "STATIC".

Your expertise and assistance on a solution in this matter is appreciated.

Respectfully,

THX-1138

full-544-130066-screenshot6.png

I have the same here, and i'm only using Texture Replace here. KSP 1.2.2, OS X 64 bit version.

Using the last version from Github.

19 hours ago, Climberfx said:

I have the same here, and i'm only using Texture Replace here. KSP 1.2.2, OS X 64 bit version.

Using the last version from Github.

@Climberfx Hello!  I was able to resolve the problem with the the visors not being semi-transparent but still have the issue with reflection anomalies.  Were you able to solve the reflection problem?

13 minutes ago, THX-1138 said:

@Climberfx Hello!  I was able to resolve the problem with the the visors not being semi-transparent but still have the issue with reflection anomalies.  Were you able to solve the reflection problem?

Well, here i have default installation of latest Texture Replacer and Window Shine. They work out of the box, but the transparencies on the Kerbal Helmets. I have the reflexes on helmets, but not transparencies. But in my part's mod Omicron, i have the transparency and reflexes. I described how some posts above.

Can you tell me what you did to have the transparencies with reflexes on the helmets to me?

:wink:

3 hours ago, Climberfx said:

Well, here i have default installation of latest Texture Replacer and Window Shine. They work out of the box, but the transparencies on the Kerbal Helmets. I have the reflexes on helmets, but not transparencies. But in my part's mod Omicron, i have the transparency and reflexes. I described how some posts above.

Can you tell me what you did to have the transparencies with reflexes on the helmets to me?

:wink:

@ClimberfxHola!  Claro que si!  Here is what I was told that helped me:

On 12/15/2016 at 5:27 PM, Galileo said:

The artifacting in the visor, is caused by scatterer.  Nothing you or anyone else can do about it except not use scatterer. 

For the visor opacity,  go look at the different suit packs in the texture replacer OP.  There are many visors that have the transparency you are looking for and the color you want.  You just have to go look. 

My personal favorite is Green Skull suit pack or something like that.  It's on spacedock.  It has many different visor colors here is the link. 

http://spacedock.info/mod/803/Green Skull Inc. Custom Design Spacesuits

By the way, me gusto mucho tu trabajo con las transperencias!

Edited by THX-1138

On 15/12/2016 at 1:53 AM, THX-1138 said:

Hello Fellow Cosmo-Astro-Taiko-nauts!

I want to give my appreciation and sincere thank you to all modders that make "TextureReplacer" such a great mod for KSP.

I have the following issue and have attempted to research it within the 60+ pages within this topic but I am unable to find a solution:

I am running KSP v1.2.0 with the following mods:

KSPRC_-_Renaissance_Compilation_artworks_remake-0.7_PreRelease_3 by Proot

with updated versions of:

"Texture Replacer" by shaw (MIT license / Copyright © 2013-2015 Davorin Učakar, Ryan Bray)
"Environmental Visual Enhancements" by Rbray89 (MIT license / Copyright © 2013 Ryan Bray)

"Scatterer" by blackrack (GPLv3 / Copyright © 2015 Ghassen Lahmar)

"Kopernicus" by Thomas P. with NathanKell and KillAshley (GNU GPL / Created by BryceSchroeder and Teknoman117)

"Distat Object Enhancement" by MOARdV (Creative Commons [cc-by] / Created by RInsert other media ubber Ducky)

"PlanetShine" by Valerian (Apache license 2.0 / Copyright 2014, Valerian Gaudeau)

But I have the following effects with the Kerbal suit helmet visors:

1 - The visors are not semi-transparent

2- There are "skybox" anomalies within the reflections on certain angles

I am using the "REAL" option ( reflectionType = real) instead of the "STATIC".

Your expertise and assistance on a solution in this matter is appreciated.

Respectfully,

THX-1138

full-544-130064-screenshot4.png

full-544-130065-screenshot8.png

full-544-130066-screenshot6.png

Basically, the "stock" visor is made by a flat, full color. Despite the stock behaviour, in which it is semi-transparent, Texture Replacer (at least for now) handle it making a full-opaque visor, as probably the original stock one has not set any trasparency for it.

Solution to make them semi-trasparent: find any of the suit pack in the first post that have an "EVAvisor.png", handle it with a photoshopping program (to have a little colored one, but mostly trasparent, use a 20-30% opaqueness on the layer... use an higher one if you like a more colored visor), save it as png (trasparent), and then, in TextureReplacer folder, find the "Default" one and put in it your new "EVAvisor.png".

IF you cannot make your one, find in the first page any of Green Skull's suit packages: any of them has an "Alternate Textures" folder. Inside it, at "Visor Colours", there is plenty of NOT TRASPARENT visors (the one labelled as "Reflective") and also some TRASPARENT ones (the ones labelled as "Tinted"). Select the one you could like and use it :)

20 hours ago, Araym said:

Basically, the "stock" visor is made by a flat, full color. Despite the stock behaviour, in which it is semi-transparent, Texture Replacer (at least for now) handle it making a full-opaque visor, as probably the original stock one has not set any trasparency for it.

Solution to make them semi-trasparent: find any of the suit pack in the first post that have an "EVAvisor.png", handle it with a photoshopping program (to have a little colored one, but mostly trasparent, use a 20-30% opaqueness on the layer... use an higher one if you like a more colored visor), save it as png (trasparent), and then, in TextureReplacer folder, find the "Default" one and put in it your new "EVAvisor.png".

IF you cannot make your one, find in the first page any of Green Skull's suit packages: any of them has an "Alternate Textures" folder. Inside it, at "Visor Colours", there is plenty of NOT TRASPARENT visors (the one labelled as "Reflective") and also some TRASPARENT ones (the ones labelled as "Tinted"). Select the one you could like and use it :)

Hello @Araym!  Thank you for the great detailed explanation on how to resolve the transparency issue on my own.  In my case I resolved it by using an existing suit package like Green Skull's.

On 12/22/2016 at 1:28 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

I'm starting to get together an updated list of all the texture packs which are available for this mod, and will be putting them all into a single Github repo so they won't be lost again.

If you have any of the texture packs which are no longer available, please let me know and get them to me.  I know that the packs made by @GreeningGalaxy are beautiful, but his server seems to have gone away;  it looks like it was at a university, and classes ended for him.  So, if you have any/all of his texture packs:

GreeningGalaxy's Diverse Kerbal Lasses
Serious Lasses
Gothy Lasses
Lass GIMP File

Please get them to me.

As soon as I start getting in packs which are unavailable, I'll get it up in Github and post a page with all the links.

I know that many others aren't available.  Please check your disks and send me them.

Thanks

I remember downloading quite a few over the last couple years. I may have some of the missing ones, too.

On 12/9/2016 at 3:07 PM, Commissioner Tadpole said:

@GreeningGalaxy The download link for your Kerbal Heads is down. It's a shame, I'd really like to get the Serious variant.

I just heard from @GreeningGalaxy .  He is aware of the problem and will get the links fixed soon.

He also gave me permission to put them up on github, he said he might do that himself.

@GreeningGalaxy has updated his original post with updated links:

I just finished downloading them all

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Hello,

I'm having a some problems with Texture replacer.

After installing SVE (stock visual enhancement) I was very pleased with the results, everything worked, and thought... Gee, this could really use a better skybox. So I look up skyboxes and found Pood's Milky Way skybox - looks beautiful. On the download it says that it requires textures replacer. I download both texture replacer and Poods skybox... sure enough the skybox files go in texture replacer file in gamedata.

Problem is when I boot up, there are no changes to the skybox. Same thing as it was before, except now it looks even more drab, after seeing what it could have been! Pood! You have ruined the stock skybox for me and I haven't even used your mod yet!

Anyway, everything else seems to be working, and the only other visual enhancement I have on the game is the stuff that comes in the SVE package like EVE and distant objects.

http://imgur.com/a/qL8FC   < Gamedata screenshot. No point in taking a picture of the problem as its a stock skybox.

Am I perhaps not grabbing an updated version of texture replacer? I am using 1.2.2 version of ksp.

Thanks for your help.

Edited by LuciferWolfgang

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I just heard from @GreeningGalaxy .  He is aware of the problem and will get the links fixed soon.

He also gave me permission to put them up on github, he said he might do that himself.

@GreeningGalaxy has updated his original post with updated links:

I just finished downloading them all

The URL looks dead from where I'm sitting (@GreeningGalaxy?)

2 hours ago, SmarterThanMe said:

The URL looks dead from where I'm sitting (@GreeningGalaxy?)

Refresh your browser, you may have an old page cached.

here are the links I just copied from that post:

Basic Lasses: http://www.elliedlight.net:8080/KSP/GGsDiverseLasses-Base-2016-10.zip

Serious Lasses: http://www.elliedlight.net:8080/KSP/GGsDiverseLasses-Serious-2016-10.zip

Gothy Lasses: http://www.elliedlight.net:8080/KSP/GGsDiverseLasses-Gothy-2016-10.zip

2 hours ago, LuciferWolfgang said:

Hello,

I'm having a some problems with Texture replacer.

After installing SVE (stock visual enhancement) I was very pleased with the results, everything worked, and thought... Gee, this could really use a better skybox. So I look up skyboxes and found Pood's Milky Way skybox - looks beautiful. On the download it says that it requires textures replacer. I download both texture replacer and Poods skybox... sure enough the skybox files go in texture replacer file in gamedata.

Problem is when I boot up, there are no changes to the skybox. Same thing as it was before, except now it looks even more drab, after seeing what it could have been! Pood! You have ruined the stock skybox for me and I haven't even used your mod yet!

Anyway, everything else seems to be working, and the only other visual enhancement I have on the game is the stuff that comes in the SVE package like EVE and distant objects.

http://imgur.com/a/qL8FC   < Gamedata screenshot. No point in taking a picture of the problem as its a stock skybox.

Am I perhaps not grabbing an updated version of texture replacer? I am using 1.2.2 version of ksp.

Thanks for your help.

Did you download RangeMachine's version?  It's the only version that works with 1.2.2

6 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Refresh your browser, you may have an old page cached.

here are the links I just copied from that post:

Basic Lasses: http://www.elliedlight.net:8080/KSP/GGsDiverseLasses-Base-2016-10.zip

Serious Lasses: http://www.elliedlight.net:8080/KSP/GGsDiverseLasses-Serious-2016-10.zip

Gothy Lasses: http://www.elliedlight.net:8080/KSP/GGsDiverseLasses-Gothy-2016-10.zip

Works now. Thanks.

Greetings all.  I have an issue that I suspect might not be caused by TR itself.  My planet textures are displaying in the TrackingCenter as purple or magenta spheres, though the terrain models are still accurate.

Heavily modded, mostly-CKAN with a handful of manually-managed mods.  KSP v1.2.2.  Log file and other informative image-files are available here.  Note that I cannot reproduce the symptom

System specs:

• Windows 7 x64 Professional
  • 16GB RAM
  • Intel i7 4.00 GHz
  • C:\ = 500GB SSD -- dedicated to Windows and work-related software
  • G:\ = 256GB SSD -- dedicated exclusively to multiple parallel KSP installs for modtesting and troubleshooting purposes (Steam client itself runs from another drive)
  • Overall Windows Experience Index of Overall Windows Experience Index of 7.8 (7.8 on processor, 7.9 on all other tracked elements) no significant performance bottlenecks, next investment will be moar RAM -- Note, Windows 7 only recognizes ≤ 7.9
  • Tentatively-functioning KSP RAM footprint of ~10.5GB at career-loaded KSC-scene ("Tentative" because I suspect KIS/KAS issue due to off in-game flightscene behavior -- the bug I'm reporting here is interfering with troubleshooting efforts to identify the poorly-interacting mods)

Dropbox contents:

1. 20170104 final.ckan -- CKAN modlist (Between load cycles during modtesting just now to generate these images, AVC flags three plugins for update that, as of this writing, are not yet visible to CKAN.)
  2. CKAN screen -- To provide context
  3. CKAN cache image -- In case it's useful
  4. CKAN cache properties -- In case it's useful
  5. CKAN-only GameData image -- In case it's useful
  6. CKAN-only GameData properties -- In case it's useful
  7. CKAN-only AVC log.txt -- No missing textures, runtime seems to be error-free
  8. CKAN-only RAM footprint -- After stable load into career-mode KSC-scene
  9. CKAN-only Kerbin -- No texture or display error, no magenta
  10. CKAN-only Mün -- Same thing
  11. CKAN-only output_log.txt -- I don't know how to read this, but it was captured from a seemingly error-free KSC session (of a few seconds, so as to capture these images)
  12. Non-CKAN zipfiles -- Those mods that I run and monitor manually
  13. Combined GameData image -- After merging manual mods to the underlying CKAN-only install
  14. Combined GameData properties -- In case it's useful
  15. Combined AVC log.txt -- From load-in of session that generated the following images
  16. Combined RAM footprint -- After seemingly stable load into career-mode KSC-scene (using new backup copy of career save, in case the CKAN-only run session broke anything pending)
  17. Combined Kerbin focused -- Notice magenta texture
  18. Combined Kerbin unfocused -- When in-game focus shifts to another body (Mün, in this case -- Kerbin visible unfocused mid-pane right) the unfocused body of Kerbin reverts to its proper texture
  19. Combined Mün focused -- Notice magenta texture, pivoting the camera reveals that the terrain-silhouette against the skybox remains correct
  20. Combined Mün unfocused -- With focus returned to Kerbin, Mün's default texture returns (background left -- less obvious because of Mün's smaller size)
  21. Combined output_log.txt -- I cannot read or interpret this info

Any advice on likely culprit-mods to segregate first in troubleshooting efforts would be appreciated.

Edit: I discovered that Kethane v0.9.8 was the culprit.  The zipfile ships with three separate texture files for the geodesic grid: one for Linux; one for Mac; and a third for Windows.  The user is on his or her own to delete the two that are inapplicable to that person's system, which I had failed to realize was necessary.

Edited by MisterFister
discovered the culprit

I have my own skybox I've been using for a while, so I may as well share it.

zRWz2cl.png

I made it using SpaceEngine (kudos to SpaceEngineer for that masterpiece in progress) and some crafty finagling to convince it to work with me, and positioned Kerbol a bit over 400ly from Sol. Despite the completely different perspective, you might recognize the open cluster in the top right of the screenshot, and there's plenty of other sights to see. The textures are 4K; I'll put up a 2K version soon when I have time to fuss with the DDS conversions.

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2q2svishoc4sk47/saxyomega90125 KSP skybox.zip?dl=0 

I strongly recommend use with Distant Object Enhancement's skybox dimming, to prevent weird things from happening on Kerbin and to let you control the maximum brightness - even I use it at 95%.

On a completely unrelated note, I'm going to add a link to RangeMachine's version of TextureReplacer for KSP 1.2, since I had bit of a tough time finding it myself and I'm sure others will look for it.  https://github.com/RangeMachine/TextureReplacer/releases

On 12/30/2016 at 1:21 PM, LuciferWolfgang said:

*snip*

Ensure that you're using RangeMachine's updated TextureReplacer that is compatible with KSP 1.2.2 and also if you're using SVE, you may want to change your Distant Object Enhancement settings to reduce Skybox Dimming to your own satisfaction.

Ok, so im having an issue with making a custom fairing texture. My issue is that the fairings uses the dds format, and as its my first time using the format im clueless on how i need to save it for ksp to render it right. Every time i save it, using photoshop, and the nvidia thing that lets me edit dds files with photoshop, it shows as just plain grey in ksp.

So my question is, what settings do i need to save the dds image with for ksp to render it correctly in game? with either the nvidia thing or paint.net, as that one seems easier to use

Edited by ThePhoenixSol

Ghhhu- alright, now obviously this is most likely a version issue and doesn't apply. (Btw, if someone made a 1.2 patch in one of these 65+ pages, that'd be awesome if you could reply and say.)

But anyway, female kerbals have a different mesh-texture than the male ones. So when you use male kerbal heads, it gets all jank with the eye sockets. Fine, i switched them to the updated female heads.

However, they keep reverting. (And suits.)

Is there a fix, or just the version?

Thanks,

John