shaw

[1.6.x--1.7.x] TextureReplacer 3.7 (25.1.2019)

Recommended Posts

TR absolutely needs MM support.

I absolutely hate that each time I update TR two things happen: 

I forget my textures are in TR and I accidentally delete them (have to fish them out and/or replace them)

or I remember and and loath having to transfer everything to the correct folders again. Seems insignificant but it wears on my nerves.

OR we could just have MM support and never have to worry about it again so long as the syntax of the cfgs don't change.

Edited by Galileo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Drew Kerman said:

Nope. I'm onboard with TR being able to reference textures outside its folder. I don't want to have to muck around with subfolders in the main TR folder when upgrading. It should be just like any other mod - delete the folder, copy in the new version. Bam, done.

I don't really see how the size of GameData makes any difference in... anything. If you're having trouble finding a mod because there are so many folders then the author should probably name it better

Agreed!

53 minutes ago, Galileo said:

TR absolutely needs MM support.

I absolutely hate that each time I update TR two things happen: 

I forget my textures are in TR and I accidentally delete them (have to fish them out and/or replace them)

or I remember and and loath having to transfer everything to the correct folders again. Seems insignificant but it wears on my nerves.

OR we could just have MM support and never have to worry about it again so long as the syntax of the cfgs don't change.

Also agreed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Vorg said:

...\GameData can already get fairly large with a lot of mods. I think texture packs should stay in the texture replacer tree. It might help it get it's pack sub tree system of some sort. But texture packs are for use with texture replace and belong in the texture replacer tree to keep things orderly.

This is not a good idea, and it will not keep things orderly. I just creates chaos.

Installing multiple packs in the same folder means that if you want to uninstall a single one you need to hunt down the single files. Or uninstall all packs and make new install.

 

To be honest I would propose to make TR completely ignore it's own folder, forcing people to choose another one. But since I know the kind of complaining this forum would come up with I just proposed to start recommending it for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Galileo said:

TR absolutely needs MM support.

I absolutely hate that each time I update TR two things happen: 

I forget my textures are in TR and I accidentally delete them (have to fish them out and/or replace them)

or I remember and and loath having to transfer everything to the correct folders again. Seems insignificant but it wears on my nerves.

OR we could just have MM support and never have to worry about it again so long as the syntax of the cfgs don't change.

I agree about TR needing MM support, and that's one of the major points I wanted to discuss with @HaArLiNsH

But for your issue in the meantime you can write a cfg to tell TR to load your textures from a custom folder. The only issue is that the cfg needs to be complete. You cannot edit it using mm. But that should be enough for you for now :)

Edited by Sigma88

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys, as @linuxgurugamerhad a great idea, to effectively take on this mod and avoid confusion, I'll rename the future mod :  TextureReplacerReplaced :D

I'm in the middle of making the github, giving the proper credits and copyright (I'll need someone to check if I've done it right btw) and changing the name of the mod in the sources where it's useful. So far, all seems to keep working as intended but I'm not sure if I've not broke dependencies or something like that with others mods.

I will also start a new thread soon but before I set it up, I would like to discuss some little things here first.

I see a lot of good ideas, suddenly this mod seems waking up like after a long winter :)

Like, I totally agree with the need of MM support. I've also lost multiples times textures files when updating TR and this can't continue to happen. If we gonna have a proper section in the mod library (witch btw, I've just discovered and guys, this is AWESOME ! ) , I suggest that all the textures packs needs a proper thread just like the others mods (or use a common thread for modder that keep multiple mods under one thread) and try to use some formatting either in the forum and CKAN, so we can find them easily. Something like the Contract Packs but with TextureReplacerReplaced or TRR or anything better, like :

TRR: Head: MysuperCoolHeadPack 

TextureReplacerReplaced: Suits: MyUltracoolSuitPack.

Of course, if we go that way, I will (or you can too guys :wink: ) help the old packs that don't have maintainer by making the appropriate threads, futures cfg files and so on.

@CarnageINC : don't "loose your time" yet by making the full list until we have fixed the format we will use because there are great chances that you will have to change it :)

As this will affect several modders and needs a little work, it is better that we agree on the idea and where we go before changing anything.

 

Also, as you can imagine, I certainly will have to ask a good amount of questions because I don't understand yet how all of this mod work, like for example the shaders files (DirectX.bundle and OpenGL.bundle) that seems to be needed to have the reflections, but I don't get where and how the hell they are made since I don't make them when I compile and I had to paste them from my old installation.

I also have, yet, no idea on how to implement the MM support, but I'm sure some peoples will gladly help and propose a good chunk of pull request. :)

So guys, you can already go check https://github.com/HaArLiNsH/TextureReplacerReplaced and grab the preRelease version that will be online soon. Tell me what is wrong (like I'm really not sure for the credits) and what I've broke. From there we will see how to implement the news ideas.

 

 

ps: and sry guys for my "Failglish" :)   As you might have noticed, English is not my mother tongue..  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As long as you don't change the name of the methods or classes, you won't break anything

Re. CKAN, let me know, and I'll set things up to not break anything which depends on this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, HaArLiNsH said:

I also have, yet, no idea on how to implement the MM support, but I'm sure some peoples will gladly help and propose a good chunk of pull request. :)

I would suggest you start your own thread so you can handle things easier (but it's not 100% required)

also

I have managed to add MM support, it was so easy that I wonder why nobody ever bothered honestly, I am still testing but all things seems to look good.

I'm sending you a PR right now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sigma88 said:

I would suggest you start your own thread so you can handle things easier (but it's not 100% required)

also

I have managed to add MM support, it was so easy that I wonder why nobody ever bothered honestly, I am still testing but all things seems to look good.

I'm sending you a PR right now

You guys are really making great head-way, doing a fantastic job.  Thanks!  For a while, I was concerned that 1.2.2 would be the last version of KSP that TextureReplacer worked with.  Now, I can't wait for all the new stuff to be implemented (and of course, all my other mods to be updated to 1.3).  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, HaArLiNsH said:

 

@CarnageINC : don't "loose your time" yet by making the full list until we have fixed the format we will use because there are great chances that you will have to change it :)

As this will affect several modders and needs a little work, it is better that we agree on the idea and where we go before changing anything.

Okay, for now I'll start on the rough listing of TR mods.  Real life demands my attention for a few days so the rough draft will not be done till around Wed.-Thur.  From there I can adjust to the format you think is best, just let me know how you want it done and when you need it and I'll PM you and @Gaarst the info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9.6.2017 at 9:09 PM, Ger_space said:

OK, here we go:

Download Link for 1.2.2 and 1.3 and the compiled shader package.

my Source repository for TR:

https://github.com/GER-Space/TextureReplacer

my shaders and some test plugin for the shader-loader: (sources)
https://github.com/GER-Space/KSP-NGShader

 

@Avera9eJoe you need to search and replace the shader entry in the windowshine config with "ShaderNG/TR_Reflective_Emissive_Alpha"  Feel free to include the shaders.ksp into window shine.

 

I have no Idea if Linux or MacOS users will have some luck with the shaders, as I saw only directx entries, when they where exported. Sorry about that, but I have no idea how to change that. 

I've updated the Packages with the right content and included the shader into the source. I also fixed a bug in the 1.2.2 release. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9.6.2017 at 9:09 PM, Ger_space said:

OK, here we go:

Download Link for 1.2.2 and 1.3 and the compiled shader package.

 

@Avera9eJoe you need to search and replace the shader entry in the windowshine config with "ShaderNG/TR_Reflective_Emissive_Alpha"  Feel free to include the shaders.ksp into window shine.

 

I've updated the download link with a new version, that should also have reflections when you use MacOS or Linux.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a small fix and easy to do for the user after installing, but could you be so kind to add the appicon.dds file in the plugins folder? When you're trying to get TR to work with windowshine and installing everything from scratch, it's not there, and then the toolbar button for texture replacer is just a big white square...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could it just be that TR is incompatible to JSI Transparent Pods?

I have not seen a single transparent pod since I installed it a week ago or so.

Same with TRR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13.6.2017 at 8:50 PM, Ger_space said:

I've updated the download link with a new version, that should also have reflections when you use MacOS or Linux.

@Ger_space: It does! Thank you!

Confirmed working: Linux Mint 17.2, KSP 1.3.0 (64-bit), NVIDIA GTX 960m, drivers 352.79 running OpenGL 4.5.

I'm still getting these messages in Player.log:

WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'ShaderNG/TR_Reflective_Emissive_Alpha' - Pass 'FORWARD' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'ShaderNG/TR_Reflective_Emissive_Alpha' - Pass 'FORWARD' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'ShaderNG/TR_Reflective_Emissive_Alpha' - All passes removed

...but the visor reflection on the EVA suit works. If you want to investigate, I can make a clean install with TR only (my current install has dozens of mods), and then dropbox a full log.

Second @Kerbart's suggestion about appIcon.dds. Not a major issue if you happen to have an old install to pull it from, but would be more convenient if it was included in the download :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Technologicat said:

@Ger_space: It does! Thank you!

Confirmed working: Linux Mint 17.2, KSP 1.3.0 (64-bit), NVIDIA GTX 960m, drivers 352.79 running OpenGL 4.5.

I'm still getting these messages in Player.log:


WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'ShaderNG/TR_Reflective_Emissive_Alpha' - Pass 'FORWARD' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'ShaderNG/TR_Reflective_Emissive_Alpha' - Pass 'FORWARD' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'ShaderNG/TR_Reflective_Emissive_Alpha' - All passes removed

...but the visor reflection on the EVA suit works. If you want to investigate, I can make a clean install with TR only (my current install has dozens of mods), and then dropbox a full log.

Second @Kerbart's suggestion about appIcon.dds. Not a major issue if you happen to have an old install to pull it from, but would be more convenient if it was included in the download :)

hmm strange error, but this is the reflective shader for window-shine which throws the bugs.

The visor Shader is the old one, so it is working.

These are Unity errors but I have no idea why you get them.

I have no idea why the app icon is gone missing. I'll try to upload  new version after my vacation.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Ger_space said:

hmm strange error, but this is the reflective shader for window-shine which throws the bugs.

The visor Shader is the old one, so it is working.

These are Unity errors but I have no idea why you get them.

I have no idea why the app icon is gone missing. I'll try to upload  new version after my vacation.

Ok, thanks for the info!

Just for good measure (Lebesgue or Borel? Take your pick...), here is a complete log. Clean 64-bit KSP 1.3.0 (Linux) with just TR and some textures installed.

Used the same test sequence as for TRR. Resulting EVA screenshot.

The icon, maybe it's on vacation :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Lo Var Lachland said:

@Vanamonde, it appears that a new OP has continued this mod, and you may want to lock this one down.

No. The new thread is a major WIP and the developers have said to continue using this version (range machines) until they release a proper version that can be used in its entirety. Currently the new version is not working completely and is not recommended for use in a real play through. Many people are still using the versions here and if bugs pop up exclusively for this version, taking the bug reports to the new thread will be pointless as they are practically two different mods now.

Edited by Galileo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Galileo said:

No. The new thread is a major WIP and the developers have said to continue using this version (range machines) until they release a proper version that can be used in its entirety. Currently the new version is not working completely and is not recommended for use in a real play through. Many people are still using the versions here and if bugs pop up exclusively for this version, taking the bug reports to the new thread will be pointless as they are practically two different mods now.

Ah ha. Cancel that @Vanamonde. :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.