[1.8-1.12] TextureReplacer 4.5.3 (8.2.2022)

shaw

2 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

OMG! Amazing work! Now we just have to hope someone comes up with a way to reflect atmosphere.

Working on it. I hope i can make stock/scatterer atmospheres and EVE support.

Edited by RangeMachine

Hello!
I'm doing a reskin for the MOD Near Future Solar. I would add normal maps in it but apparently it does not have the bump map in "model.mu" materials.
 I already transform the normal map to gray in DDS5nr and renamed to *_NRM.dds but still did not work.

Is there any way to force to add the normal map in the parts using the TextureReplacer?

Sry my google translator :sticktongue:

@shaw I've put my texturepacks up on SpaceDock, so you can update my packs in the OP.

Human Colored Faces for Real Solar System / Stock-Alike Solar System.

Pb5Zc6r.png

LINK FOR THE OP: http://spacedock.info/mod/622/Human%20Colored%20Faces%20-%20RSS/SASS%20Kerbal%20Texturepack?ga=%3CGame+3102+%27Kerbal+Space+Program%27%3E

GregroxMun's TOS-Colored Suits Pack

RYms1S1.png

LINK FOR THE OP: http://spacedock.info/mod/117/GregroxMun%27s%20TOS-Colored%20Space%20Suits%20Pack

Gregrox Space Probe Administration's Star Trek TOS Tunics

aK6zEJj.png

LINK FOR THE OP: http://spacedock.info/mod/120/Star%20Trek%20TOS%20Tunics

GregroxMun's Colored IVA/EVE Suits

CZcm3o8.png

LINK FOR THE OP: http://spacedock.info/mod/121/GregroxMun%27s%20Colored%20IVA/EVA%20Suits

On ‎2015‎-‎01‎-‎15 at 7:02 AM, shaw said:

Reflections

Reflections are shown on visors of Kerbals' helmets and on parts that include `TRReflection` module. There are two types of reflections: real and static. Real reflections reflect the environment of a part while static reflections reflect the skybox from `EnvMap/` directory:

GameData/TextureReplacer/
      EnvMap/PositiveX         // fake skybox right face, vertically flipped
      EnvMap/NegativeX         // fake skybox left face, vertically flipped
      EnvMap/PositiveY         // fake skybox top face, vertically flipped
      EnvMap/NegativeY         // fake skybox bottom face, vertically flipped
      EnvMap/PositiveZ         // fake skybox front face, vertically flipped
      EnvMap/NegativeZ         // fake skybox back face, vertically flipped

Note that all textures must be quares and have the same dimensions that are powers of two. Cube map textures are slow, so keep them as low-res as possible.

`TRReflection` part module can be used as in the following example that adds reflections onto the windows of Mk1-2 pod:

MODULE
    {
      name = TRReflection
      shader = Reflective/Bumped Diffuse
      colour = 0.5 0.5 0.5
      interval = 1
      meshes = FrontWindow SideWindow
    }

Reveal hidden contents

Copyright © 2013-2015 Davorin Učakar, Ryan Bray

Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:

The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.

THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.

Hi there!  Awesome mod!  Two things.  First, the red / highlighted text in the OP which I quote above (with ample before-and-after to make locating it easier) seems to be a typo.  "Quares" is a customized, workplace-specific function at a previous job of mine, which is why it stood out for me.  I'm pretty sure you intend to refer to squares.  (Also, due to my own experience in v1.0.4 and v1.0.5 dealing with icon textures for Blizzy's toolbar, defining "square" might be helpful to the end user -- specifying that texture dimensions of specific size values are acceptable but some are not, such as 2x2, 4x4, 9x9, 256x256, but 13x25 would be invalid, for example.)

Second, an actually-pertinent question.  I see your helpful OP with color-coded notations for Heads and Suits with respect to texture packs.  Is this a matter of choosing one and going with it because multiple packs would conflict, or can multiple be installed and then chosen from / randomized from in-game?  If, say, I wanted to have a class-sensitive suit-leveling mechanic but I preferred Renaissance suit colorings with GreenSkull helmets, but if I run a sprawling career-save with numerous dozens of kerbals scattered throughout the Kerbol system I might want to increase the pool of available heads beyond a single pack?  Or if I wanna select from heads of one but a skintone from another?  Also, these heads and suits apply to civilians too, right?

Also, with regard to the OP, the texture pack selection is catalogued and color-coded to nicely.  Has anyone made a series of imgur albums to showcase them each individually?  If not, would I be out of line to offer to do so?

On 4/25/2016 at 2:59 PM, Beetlecat said:

@shaw or any other TR commandos --

I'm experiencing black ("missing?") textures on Snark's new IndicatorLights with TextureReplacer present. Is there a need to "whitelist" these parts, or perhaps there's something missing from the part definitions that TR is "evaluating" and leaving them blank (or with a black overlay)?

"Totally asking for a friend..."

Have you checked the resolution / sizes of these texture files?  Each dimension ( X * Y ) needs to be a power of 2.  (2, 4, 8, 16, 32, etc.)  If not, manually resizing them COULD work, but would only fix it on your end until the mod were updated.  Maybe notify that mod author?

2 hours ago, MisterFister said:

Have you checked the resolution / sizes of these texture files?  Each dimension ( X * Y ) needs to be a power of 2.  (2, 4, 8, 16, 32, etc.)  If not, manually resizing them COULD work, but would only fix it on your end until the mod were updated.  Maybe notify that mod author?

That's an extremely useful suggestion -- I'll take a peak at the textures. I do remember they were TINY files, and probably not crafted to be any particular set of dimensions. Snark is more than forthcoming about taking a stab at how to do things, so this is likely what's afoot.

Just now, Beetlecat said:

That's an extremely useful suggestion -- I'll take a peak at the textures. I do remember they were TINY files, and probably not crafted to be any particular set of dimensions. Snark is more than forthcoming about taking a stab at how to do things, so this is likely what's afoot.

Be advised that it's been a long time since I've actually mucked with those (law school... *sigh*) so I may be mistaken on this next bit, but it's possible that X and Y in my example above have to be equal to each other.  (In other words, I think that the resolution has to be a square of two squares, or quartic.)  Not sure though.

Then again, now that I'm wondering, it might be that they ONLY have to be equal to each other and my mistake would be the need for each axis (X or Y) to be a square.

I know that squares as a lot to do with this.  More info my abound elsewhere.  Sorry I couldn't offer more certainty.

I know that the issue I had with it was regarding Notes by hashashin.  The icon textures for Blizzy's Toolbar were nonconforming and were instead displaying as solid magenta fields when TR was also running.  Running the mods in question without TR resulted in no user-visible issue or error.

Altering their resolutions to bring them into mathematical compliance fixed it on my end, but the problem reasserted whenever CKAN updated Notes.

I have recently started to use the KSP Add-On Version checker and after upgrading to 1.1.2 of KSP, I get a warning that states, that this mod was built to run on KSP 1.1.

I am assuming that since my game runs and I don't see any obvious errors, everything is okay?

I do apologize if you have seen this note before in another thread, as I do have a couple of mods I get the warning on and would just like to make sure that I haven't missed an update or anything. I mean no harm and am sorry if I have broken any rules.

Thank you for the mod and the support.

5 minutes ago, gamerscircle said:

I have recently started to use the KSP Add-On Version checker and after upgrading to 1.1.2 of KSP, I get a warning that states, that this mod was built to run on KSP 1.1.

I am assuming that since my game runs and I don't see any obvious errors, everything is okay?

I do apologize if you have seen this note before in another thread, as I do have a couple of mods I get the warning on and would just like to make sure that I haven't missed an update or anything. I mean no harm and am sorry if I have broken any rules.

Are you just copying and pasting the same text into all threads that haven't been updated for 1.1.2 yet in AVC?

It'll get there, the update has been out less than a week.

On 2. 5. 2016 at 9:43 PM, MisterFister said:

Be advised that it's been a long time since I've actually mucked with those (law school... *sigh*) so I may be mistaken on this next bit, but it's possible that X and Y in my example above have to be equal to each other.  (In other words, I think that the resolution has to be a square of two squares, or quartic.)  Not sure though.

Then again, now that I'm wondering, it might be that they ONLY have to be equal to each other and my mistake would be the need for each axis (X or Y) to be a square.

I know that squares as a lot to do with this.  More info my abound elsewhere.  Sorry I couldn't offer more certainty.

I know that the issue I had with it was regarding Notes by hashashin.  The icon textures for Blizzy's Toolbar were nonconforming and were instead displaying as solid magenta fields when TR was also running.  Running the mods in question without TR resulted in no user-visible issue or error.

Altering their resolutions to bring them into mathematical compliance fixed it on my end, but the problem reasserted whenever CKAN updated Notes.

Have you tried disabling texture compression or mipmap generation in TR? Maybe you need to add directories of those mods to keepLoaded list?

1 hour ago, gamerscircle said:

Because TR was built for KSP 1.1. I don't think there could be any issues on 1.1.2, it's only a bugfix release.

On 29. 4. 2016 at 0:51 AM, gilbr0ther said:

Hello!
I'm doing a reskin for the MOD Near Future Solar. I would add normal maps in it but apparently it does not have the bump map in "model.mu" materials.
 I already transform the normal map to gray in DDS5nr and renamed to *_NRM.dds but still did not work.

Is there any way to force to add the normal map in the parts using the TextureReplacer?

Sry my google translator :sticktongue:

Files containing normal maps should be named the same as the original ones. If the original model doesn't have a normal map, I don't think you can add it without rebuilding the model (model.mu) in Unity editor.

@MisterFister Yes, it's squares. Secondly, you can install multiple heads and suit packs in parallel, there should be no problems as long as two packs don't contain a texture with the same name to overwrite each other. Actually I recommend using a separate subdirectory of `Heads/` or `Suits/` for each texture pack to avoid such conflicts. Note that adding new texture packs changes randomisation, so Kerbals with randomly assigned heads and suits will get new ones in most cases.

Edited by shaw

Hello there! I have a (perhaps dumb) question I was hoping someone might be able to help with.

8Kw9TM5.png

I'm trying to add a "Snoopy cap" to all my male Kerbalnauts, and have been using the above texture (kerbalHead.png) in the "Default" folder of TextureReplacer. I'm fairly certain I didn't have any issues prior to 1.1 KSP, but now I'm getting results like this:

O5sa0iZ.jpg

If you look closely, the scientist Kerbals have turned albino (all white), and the others are all wearing the Snoopy cap.

Is there a way I can correct this? I just want my Kerbals in space suits to have the Snoopy cap. :D

Thank you!

Love this mod.

I had planned on doing a suit based on The Martian to go with all my Martian-flavored mods, but I ended up doing something a little more original. 

I'll upload it soon.

72AVl6v.jpg

3 hours ago, RealTimeShepherd said:

@GregroxMun Hi. I've tried to download your 'Human coloured faces' but the zip file seems to be corrupt.

Is it just me?

Thanks!

Ooohhhh no. Shoot. EDIT: I'm not seeing this problem. Try re-downloading it? It's actually up on Curse as well if you want to try that.

Edited by GregroxMun

20 minutes ago, -ctn- said:

Loosely based on The Martian, but a lot of it turned into my own thing. Just my own mish-mash of military style gear. 

Hmm... well, it turns out I've been needing a new suit texture for an upcoming cinematic. You can read up on it here if you want too. It's been in the work for at least a year now and filming should hopefully start after 1.2. Would you be okay if I end up using your textures? It's still just a "maybe", but I do have to say they look quite fantastic from those screenshots. :)

Edited by Avera9eJoe

On 4/26/2016 at 4:39 PM, UnanimousCoward said:

I had this kerbal cloning bug just the other day. After much wailing and gnashing of teeth, I tracked it down to a conflict between KIS and KerbalKrashSystem. If you've got both mods installed, try removing KerbalKrashSystem and see if it persists.

If it is that, the dev is aware of the issue and it should be fixed soon.

--Edit: I had no problem moving my kerbals around at ground level, though, so maybe your problem lies elsewhere.

I -did- at one point have both of those installed, but I found KerbalKrashSystem to cause some other bugs and conflicts, so didn't have that installed at this time. I tested it all the way down to just installing and removing Cetera's and the TextureReplacer, and they're definitely the cause. Though I haven't tried it yet with the updated version for 1.1.2

Edit: The problem no longer seems to be present, so the update must have fixed whatever it was.

Edited by FirroSeranel

I used TRReflection. Is it possible to weaken the reflection? Is the only thing I can do to adjust the color of the reflected light? Can this be done in a config file, or do I have to change the texture? Thanks for this amazing modifications and help, of course.

1 hour ago, davidy12 said:

@shaw @Avera9eJoe: Eventually will we get reflective visors back? 

I hope so :) - I sadly can't code at all so I'm not really the one to answer this :P. Just texture editing and config writing. @RangeMachine was able to get some progress done on fixing the visor reflections though, so I definitely think it's coming back.

9 minutes ago, Sobol said:

I used TRReflection. Is it possible to weaken the reflection? Is the only thing I can do to adjust the color of the reflected light? Can this be done in a config file, or do I have to change the texture? Thanks for this amazing modifications and help, of course.

I'm not sure if anything has changed with TR configs in U5, but yes you can weaken the strength of the reflection. I wrote the configs for WindowShine and relied a lot on this to make the reflections nicer. You can open up the configs and take a peek on how to change the reflection strength.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

2 hours ago, -ctn- said:

Alright, here is my texture pack.

Lisence:
88x31.png

Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.

Hlwcz6U.jpg

U2ejRbi.png

Download on SpaceDock!

The militarized style makes this perfect for my videos actually. Removed some of the brighter colours, toned down the green and added a little 'HKA' to the back. 

17d1hbU.pngwn13dJH.pngEh1FL7C.png

Amazing suit @-ctn-:)

Edited by HatBat

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.