[1.8-1.12] TextureReplacer 4.5.3 (8.2.2022)

shaw

rkEC1xG.jpg
Full album
TextureReplacer

Kerbal personalisation, reflections and texture replacement and improvements.

The old thread was closed since I wasn't able to edit OP any more due to some forum bug.

TextureReplacer is a plugin for Kerbal Space Program that allows you to replace stock textures and customise your Kerbals. Originally, it was created as an alternative to Universe Replacer, which significantly lowered frame rate and caused lags on vehicle switching. TextureReplacer has no such issues plus it has many other cool features. More specifically, it can:

• replace stock textures with custom ones,
  • assign personalised skin and suit textures for each Kerbal,
  • assign suits based on class and experience level,
  • toggle between EVA suit and IVA suit without helmet in breathable atmosphere,
  • add reflections to parts and helmet visors and
  • change bilinear texture filter to trilinear to improve mipmap quality.

Special thanks to:

• RangeMachine for contributing reflection shaders and maintaining the mod in my absence.
  • rbray89 who contributed a reflective visor shader and for ActiveTextureManagement and EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements where some code has been borrowed from,
  • Tingle for Universe Replacer; studying his code helped me a lot while developing this plugin,
  • taniwha for KerbalStats that was optionally used by this plugin for gender determination and role-based suit assignment,
  • Razchek and Starwaster for Reflection Plugin where I learnt how to implement reflections,
  • sarbian for fixing an issue with non-multiple-of-4 texture dimensions,
  • therealcrow999 for testing and benchmarking this plugin,
  • Ippo343 for contributing KSP-AVC configuration,
  • JPLRepo for contributing DeepFreeze compatibility fixes,
  • Proot, Scart91, Green Skull and many others for creating texture packs and
  • Sylith and Scart91 for giving others permissions to make derivatives of their texture packs.

Links

Also available on CKAN.

Texture Packs

Legend: Heads, Suits, Galaxy skybox, celestial Bodies, Parts.

Instructions

Configuration file template.

Change Log

Licence

Edited by shaw
released 4.5.3

Is it possible to turn off the part surface reflections only? I have a number of part mods installed, and don't like having a half shiny vessel...

Delete MM_Reflections.cfg. Anyway, this file is not part of "standard" TR installation, you must have copied it from Extra/.

- - - Updated - - -

http://i.imgur.com/16eTcib.png

I totally agree with those reflections! So nice having it deepspace, in eva. If the screen is to big let me know and i make it smaller

cheers for your work!!

W.T.F.? Cloud reflections in high space? That shouldn't work.

What version of EVE (and which EVE pack) do you use? I was trying to make clouds reflections work in scaled space, but with no luck.

Edited by shaw
dam.n forum censors w.t.f

I just installed this mod again, and I did copy the extras stuff, but parts aren't showing reflections......which is great....but that means I have diverse heads in the wrong spot. Where should that .cfg go?

(Thanks for letting me know how to turn off part reflections for future installs....yay!)

I just installed this mod again, and I did copy the extras stuff, but parts aren't showing reflections......which is great....but that means I have diverse heads in the wrong spot. Where should that .cfg go?

(Thanks for letting me know how to turn off part reflections for future installs....yay!)

All CFGs will work anywhere inside GameData/. Of course, putting them into GameData/TextureReplacer/ is the most obvious choice.

- - - Updated - - -

Is this still mucking up contracts? Would like to use it but I don't want to lose contracts.

Hopefully not and never did. Are you really sure it was TR's fault?

All CFGs will work anywhere inside GameData/. Of course, putting them into GameData/TextureReplacer/ is the most obvious choice.

- - - Updated - - -

Hopefully not and never did. Are you really sure it was TR's fault?

That is what NathanKell told me and I usually trust him. I haven't tried it for myself.

You should see it entering the atmos :D so ...... Haha. Hmm i think it is the older stable one, 7-3, not the newly wip one. And astronomers interstellar v2

I just checked, no clouds in my helmet reflections. Using a copied-over version of EVE (7-3) from my 0.25 save along with textures from various packs. My cloud layers are from Better Atmospheres

Taken from 100km orbit

GMyBwGWl.png

Edited by Gaiiden

Is this still mucking up contracts? Would like to use it but I don't want to lose contracts.

TextureReplacer has never had an issue with messing up contracts. Whatever issue you were having was from a different mod, almost certainly.

That is what NathanKell told me and I usually trust him. I haven't tried it for myself.

Not sure where he heard that but if he told you it messed up his contracts he probably was having an issue with another mod and for some reason thought it was TextureReplacer's fault. This mod doesn't make any changes to those files, so I can't imagine any way it would be able to mess up contracts.

Edited by Pingonaut

It might be 7-4, im not sure if i modified the cloudslayers but that shouldnt affect the reflections ?

All the dll files from eve is from 11-26 2014

Nope, 7-4 files are dated 4/18 and it was just a license change from 7-3 anyways. Rbray started his experimentals build thread on the forums 11-22 so looks like you're running a very early experimental build. I'd try it myself but for some reason GitHub is responding but taking forever to load anything. Will try tomorrow

Im sorry to say im neither a troll or have a magical install .p di you find the same version of eve? Can it have anything to do with these i changedfrom deafult.cfg?

reflectionResolution = 512

// Number of frames between reflection updates for a part. Only one face of

// the environment map is updated at once, so 6 updates are necessary for full

// update.

reflectionInterval = 2

// Replace helmet visor shader to support reflections (EVA only).

isVisorReflectionEnabled = true

- - - Updated - - -

I have the Green Skull suits pack installed, now how do I take off the EVA helmets?

Also, obligatory first post.

Right click mate

Edited by ahappydude

Hmm.. Are you sure you got the latest version of texturereplacer firstly, second check the deafult cfg for isHelmetRemovalEnabled = true , third try without Modular Kolonization System.

Its hard to pinpoint but my guess is that another mod that changes what you do when right clicking are interferring? hmm best of luck!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.