[1.8-1.12] TextureReplacer 4.5.3 (8.2.2022)

shaw

I have a bug where even though I have installed a suit texture pack only the IVA textures are shown. EVA textures default to the stock textures. I checked the file names and they all correct so I don't know what's going on.

Edit: Using TextureReplacer in a fresh install seemed to fix the problem. Will report back if I can work out what might have caused it.

Edit: Simply exiting and reentering the game appears to have caused the problem to resurface. I have no idea what's causing it.

Edited by Medicus

I have a bug where even though I have installed a suit texture pack only the IVA textures are shown. EVA textures default to the stock textures. I checked the file names and they all correct so I don't know what's going on.

Edit: Using TextureReplacer in a fresh install seemed to fix the problem. Will report back if I can work out what might have caused it.

Edit: Simply exiting and reentering the game appears to have caused the problem to resurface. I have no idea what's causing it.

Any other mods installed which may deal with textures?

Any other mods installed which may deal with textures?

Yes. I've narrowed it down to Active Texture Management. The first time KSP is loaded with ATM, there are no problems.

When it is loaded again, only the IVAs are loaded. The EVA defaults to the stock version.

I'm looking for a suit pack that features a green suit.

Erm, not a completely green one, just green highlights. (Replacing the original red)

I messed around with J's suit pack (old fav) and Scart91's awesome Mark 2 suit. I was originally only making Red, Blue, Yellow, Orange and Grey, but made a green one too after you asked. I'm not sure if I can upload these based on copyrights and what not. They're all ready and I made new normal maps for them all... if you want I could send them, or if the real artists don't mind I could load my alterations of their work.

http://imgur.com/a/yoMOE

Edited by Bentley

Yes, TGAs are broken from KSP 0.24 or 0.25 on and sometimes don't load and sometimes crash KSP. Don't use them.

Will TextureReplacer read textures(be it skybox or navball) properly, if they are dds instead of png/tga/whatever?

EDIT: Nvm, note to self: Always do the thing you suggest to others - read a bit before asking stupid questions.

I converted Oinker's skybox textures to dds and they work just as before. The NavBall textures work normally as DDS too.

Edited by smunisto

Will TextureReplacer read textures(be it skybox or navball) properly, if they are dds instead of png/tga/whatever?

EDIT: Nvm, note to self: Always do the thing you suggest to others - read a bit before asking stupid questions.

I converted Oinker's skybox textures to dds and they work just as before. The NavBall textures work normally as DDS too.

Yes, but navballs should be without mipmaps otherwise they become too blurry. All other DDSes except UI icons/flags should have mipmaps.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes. I've narrowed it down to Active Texture Management. The first time KSP is loaded with ATM, there are no problems.

When it is loaded again, only the IVAs are loaded. The EVA defaults to the stock version.

Is there anything useful in your log? Could you upload it and "TRScenario" section of your persistent.sfs?

Yes, but navballs should be without mipmaps otherwise they become too blurry. All other DDSes except UI icons/flags should have mipmaps.

I see.

So I guess if I am using PNGs as source for my NavBall, converting them to DDS with DDS4KSP with the option "Generate Mipmaps" turned off should be enough?

I know this might sound stupid, but I was waiting for the visor bug to be fixed but the thread says its v2.4.1

I saw the post talking about being fixed for v2.4.2 but haven't tried downloading it yet. Been waiting for days lol

Thanks for the work on this mod. Now need to get myself some new textures and stuff.

Strange, EVA textures are found by KSP, but not loaded by ATM hence TR cannot apply them. You should report this issue to ATM thread as well.

btw, KerbalSuits_type1/kerbalMain is redundant, kerbalMainGrey is used for both veterans and other Kerbals when using a non-default suit.

So I've taken Endraxials new planet and moon textures, and I've converted them to optimized .dds. I've also half sized every texture except Kerbins as the difference basically negligible. I'm not sure if I'd be allowed to put a link here, but Shaw/Endraxial if you say it's okay, sure I'll post one. Also, I've made my own darkened version of the default skybox to remove the annoying .dds compression lines. I highly doubt I'm legally allowed to repost it but if I can, sure I'll post a link of it too XD.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

Strange, EVA textures are found by KSP, but not loaded by ATM hence TR cannot apply them. You should report this issue to ATM thread as well.

btw, KerbalSuits_type1/kerbalMain is redundant, kerbalMainGrey is used for both veterans and other Kerbals when using a non-default suit.

Thanks, I will fix up the textures and cross-post to the ATM thread.

Edit: More weirdness when I deleted the kerbalMain files. Now the custom and default textures are all mixed up: default IVA suit and custom IVA helmet, custom EVA suit and default EVA helmet.

Edited by Medicus

With permission from MrTheBull to go ahead and upload these again here, I will post the Kerbal orange suits that the veteran Kerbals should be wearing (‎Jebediah, Bill, Bob and Valentina).

The intro-screen when we launch the game, we see the Kerbals in their orange suits but never get to see those orange suits when they go on a EVA, we can now.

With the new Texture Replacer, I just go in and set my orange suits to Jebediah, Bill, Bob and Valentina. New Kerbals that I hire have to earn those Orange suits and become the proud wearer of that color. Only veterans of the space program should wear the orange suit.

KSP%202015-05-04%2022-58-29-05_zps6faqxltr.jpg

Here is the link to get the orange suits that MrTheBull made a long time ago, I just had them on my backup drive and decided to share them with the community again.

http://www./download/qo4h58i0vgb2889/KSP_-_Orange_Suit.zip

Have fun and enjoy!

Hello, texture modder here. I've been working on some new female heads, but I'm running into some problems with the unwrapping. Does anyone have a UV map of it? The problem is the teeth area is too close to a region around the ponytail, and I can't figure the boundaries of it. Pictures below:

27uuuyi.png

yqEIKhT.png

Edited by necKros

Hello, texture modder here. I've been working on some new female heads, but I'm running into some problems with the unwrapping. Does anyone have a UV map of it? The problem is the teeth area is too close to a region around the ponytail, and I can't figure the boundaries of it.

The most recent version of Texture Replacer standarizes all teeth to those present in Default/KerbalHead, so you can repurpose the females' teeth area as you see fit.

The most recent version of Texture Replacer standarizes all teeth to those present in Default/KerbalHead, so you can repurpose the females' teeth area as you see fit.

Oops, I just noticed I hadn't updated to 2.4.3 in that installation. Thanks for the heads up.

Hello, texture modder here. I've been working on some new female heads, but I'm running into some problems with the unwrapping. Does anyone have a UV map of it? The problem is the teeth area is too close to a region around the ponytail, and I can't figure the boundaries of it. Pictures below:

http://i.imgur.com/27uuuyi.png

http://i.imgur.com/yqEIKhT.png

Wow those are really nice! I look forward to them being completed. If you take requests a fire red hair for female kerbals would be incredible. if you dont I am still download ASAP when that comes out. Keep us updated :)