[1.8-1.12] TextureReplacer 4.5.3 (8.2.2022)

shaw

Could you check if this build fixes the radial attachment and click-ignoring bugs for reflective parts? I tested it with Ven's revamp and couldn't reproduce the issues.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9508397/TextureReplacer.dll

I also am pleased to report no problems with radial reflective parts. Thank you for this. That said, is there anything that can be done on your end to enable real reflections on OpenGL? No worries if not, I'm quite happy running Static if needs be.

I also am pleased to report no problems with radial reflective parts. Thank you for this. That said, is there anything that can be done on your end to enable real reflections on OpenGL? No worries if not, I'm quite happy running Static if needs be.

I don't think I can do anything about OpenGL, it's Unity problem. Real reflections work perfectly on OpenGL on Linux, even on KSP for Windows if I run it in DX9 mode on Wine on Linux (so DX9 is emulated through OpenGL). The problem is obviously Unity's crappy OpenGL implementation on Windows.

Edited by shaw

http://minionslovebananas.com/images/check-in-minion.jpg

could you please create a mod in which will change kerbals with minions, that will be cool

I mean, it is possible ?

Heh. I could give it a go. I'd basically make the kerbals yellow.

EDIT:

fCEkNfB.png

male1.dds (dropbox)

I am doing no more! This is beginning to terrify me.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

Anyone here know what settings I should use when converting my old .png suits and heads over to .dds using the NVIDIA plugin for Photoshop?

I assume it would be beneficial for me to do that as now the rest of KSP is utilizing .dds for textures.

Anyone here know what settings I should use when converting my old .png suits and heads over to .dds using the NVIDIA plugin for Photoshop?

I assume it would be beneficial for me to do that as now the rest of KSP is utilizing .dds for textures.

I've been using the DDS4KSP app (it's in the general add-on affairs forum) rather than doing them manually in photoshop. That's probably the easiest way.

Version 2.4.4 causes my KSP to crash. The only texture I have installed is a skybox, which is in TGA format. If I remove the skybox textures it stops crashing. Reinstalling 2.4.3 it works fine, even with the skybox textures installed.

EDIT: I converted the textures to DDS format and it seems to be working now. Is there any particular DDS compression that works best for KSP? I'm using GIMP with the DDS plugin, which has several options:

BC1 / DXT1

BC2 / DXT3

BC3 / DXT5

BC3nm /DXT5nm

BC4 / ATI1 (3Dc+)

BC5 / ATI2 (3Dc)

RXGB (DXT5)

Alpha Exponent (DXT5)

YCoCg (DXT5)

YCoCg scaled (DXT5)

I tried the first three options and the file sizes were identical and I didn't notice any difference in quality, so I just went with BC3 / DXT5 since it was the last one I tried.

Edited by NJC2

Opaque images -> DXT1, (partially) transparent -> DXT5. And generate mipmaps for all textures that are used on models, while UI icons should be without mipmaps otherwise they became blurry if you don't use full texture resolution.

- - - Updated - - -

could you please create a mod in which will change kerbals with minions, that will be cool

I mean, it is possible ?

While theoretically possible, making such mod would be a huge amount of very complex work, requiring a team of the best KSP modders working hard several week/months. Keep dreaming.

I got a bit of trouble finding the right head-pack for me.

For one there seem to be female heads in supposedly all male packs and for another the quality of the hair differs from these three for the Trio quite a bit, these here look like hair, but most packs have simple one color/tone mustaches giving the kerbals a wooden doll look.

Not speaking of DDS or not DDS, because I could always convert them myself, but here I am unsure if I should, at least when it comes to suit textures and their normal maps ... ?

MrUyKeU.jpg

I mean, it is possible ?

A texturepack would be simple. A model change wouldn't (or at least, it would require that a system already be in place for changing Kerbal model, probably under the RSS people to make humans, and then someone may spin-off that mod for Minions.

Heh. I could give it a go. I'd basically make the kerbals yellow.

EDIT:

http://i.imgur.com/fCEkNfB.png

male1.dds (dropbox)

I am doing no more! This is beginning to terrify me.

awesome! :D

Opaque images -> DXT1, (partially) transparent -> DXT5. And generate mipmaps for all textures that are used on models, while UI icons should be without mipmaps otherwise they became blurry if you don't use full texture resolution.

- - - Updated - - -

While theoretically possible, making such mod would be a huge amount of very complex work, requiring a team of the best KSP modders working hard several week/months. Keep dreaming.

A texturepack would be simple. A model change wouldn't (or at least, it would require that a system already be in place for changing Kerbal model, probably under the RSS people to make humans, and then someone may spin-off that mod for Minions.

yeah that's what I thought about, but I still dream to the day when Squad will decide to add a second "species" in the game, some...grey Kerballiens :) put them on a further planet and very far from us...kerbals

Thank you very much~

Does anyone know what I could search in the KSP log to find reflective meshes? I'm having trouble locating them once I enable their tracking.

[TR.TRReflection] Part "SomePart"

[TR.TRReflection] + MeshName1 [originalShaderName1]

[TR.TRReflection] + MeshName2 [originalShaderName2]

Bentley's (JPro91) Mash-Up Colour Suits

Kerbals need space suits of various colours... I don't know why, but I like it, and presumably they do too. Otherwise how can you tell Bill from Bilton when they're floating around your poorly constructed rocket.

I'm not much of an artist but I went to town with some magic wand skillz and modified the excellent work of Jfull and Scart91. This suit pack is a hybrid between the two, with IVA gear based on Jfull's stuff, EVA gear based on the original MK2 from Scart91, and the helmets being some sort of mix of the two. I remade all the normal maps for each texture and after running them through KSP4DDS they seem to have turned pink? Also not a techy but I believe they still work.

DOWNLOAD

Suit Options: Orange, Blue, Yellow, Red, Green, Grey

All creative credit should be directed to JFull, Scart91 and of course Master Proot.

Special Thanks to Shaw and the fine work on TextureReplacer

-----------------------------------------

Licence for this pack is CC BY-NC-SA

-----------------------------------------

Edited by Bentley
Album Fix

Alrighty! I've gotten Endraxials permission to post my edits and .dds conversions of his original planets. I've converted all planet textures to optimized .dds images. No resolution downscale.

Download: Avera9eJoe's Endraxial planet conversions (dropbox)

View on Imgur (a lot easier to see)

http://imgur.com/a/vPX7r

Enjoy~

Hey Avara9joe, This is quite a late reply, don't know if you're still paying attention, but I've finally come to check out on this release, and compared to my own dds convertions from the last release from Endraxials.

I have to say quality is noticeably lower, and most pictures are nearly double the size, in average yours is 10,7mb, mine are are 5,3mb. Same resolution, different content. I think the answer is that I had a more recent version from Endraxials.

Hey Avara9joe, This is quite a late reply, don't know if you're still paying attention, but I've finally come to check out on this release, and compared to my own dds convertions from the last release from Endraxials.

I have to say quality is noticeably lower, and most pictures are nearly double the size, in average yours is 10,7mb, mine are are 5,3mb. Same resolution, different content. I think the answer is that I had a more recent version from Endraxials.

The reason the textures are bigger files is because .dds files when properly optimized are bigger files. They take a lot less memory to load though. The planet textures are considerably lower in quality you say? :/ can you possibly upload the better planet textures and send me a link? I can convert the higher res images and use them if needed.

I'm running into an annoying fact with reflections (probably the reason no one else has tried to make the stock windows reflect). Alpha mask/transparency plays a very big role in deciding what in the texture is reflective and what isn't. For a lot of the textures, I'll need to make everything except the windows have an opacity of 1, in addition to specifying which meshes to make reflective or not.

If there was a way to say "Include any mesh except the flag mesh" in the config file it would save me a ton of time, as I currently have to list everything except the flag to have it work.

WIP album

Edited by Avera9eJoe

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.