[1.8-1.12] TextureReplacer 4.5.3 (8.2.2022)

shaw

It isn't that new actually :) Default determines the actual skybox and Envmap (used with much smaller images) is used to create a "fake" skybox reflections on visors, which is much better performance wise than having real ones.

I've been using Oinkers skybox for a while, but always just put them in /default. I notice his new release has different formats in /default and /Envmap. What's the diff, and why?
It isn't that new actually :) Default determines the actual skybox and Envmap (used with much smaller images) is used to create a "fake" skybox reflections on visors, which is much better performance wise than having real ones.

Yeah. What he said ^^^. You should really switch to the TextureReplacer reflection plugin. Make sure you copy the optional MM_ReflectionPluginWrapper.cfg to TR's root folder to enable it (or anywhere in GameData). Then grab a copy of Oinker's EVA Visor. The real-time reflection has almost no impact on frame rate.

I got some sort of problem:

VguYUBk.png

Converted both, the model000.dds and model001.dds to png, edited the 001 with gimp, opend the 000 aswell, saved both with 0 copression or whatsoever, converted them back to dds and put them in Gamedata\textureReplacer\Default\Squad\Parts\Utility\parachuteMk1 and ended up like this:(

http://i.imgur.com/VguYUBk.png

Converted both, the model000.dds and model001.dds to png, edited the 001 with gimp, opend the 000 aswell, saved both with 0 copression or whatsoever, converted them back to dds and put them in Gamedata\textureReplacer\Default\Squad\Parts\Utility\parachuteMk1 and ended up like this:(

Did you flip the image vertically? When you cross convert from a DDS or PNG you need to flip the image vertically. I have no clue why but you need to. :P

EDIT: I'll give a speedy report as to if TR is compatible with 1.0.3 in a bit.

The female kerbals are missing their visors, unmodified texturereplacer.

You mean in the main menu? That's stock bug, I tried to fix it but it breaks IVA visor.

http://i.imgur.com/VguYUBk.png

Unlike DDSLoader, KSP cannot load uncompressed DDS's.

Das was saying on his stream that the Mk1 inline had a texture pass and it looks like they made a change to the way the texture is laid out because now it is wrapped wrong. Not sure if it is a Window Shine problem or TR problem, but likely somewhere around there.

Das was saying on his stream that the Mk1 inline had a texture pass and it looks like they made a change to the way the texture is laid out because now it is wrapped wrong. Not sure if it is a Window Shine problem or TR problem, but likely somewhere around there.

Yeah I had to Update the Mk1 inline texture in WindowShine. It wasn't a big problem though.

Couple things:

First, I love this mod with all my heart, and I can't thank you enough for it.

Second, can you change the Normal textures based on kerbal level just like you can the graphical texture?

Third, it looks like the level system is an all-or-nothing thing. If you define a texture for level 3 but not level 5, your level 5 kerbals won't get the level 0 texture or the level 3 texture, but whatever is default for them. This is fine for my current application, but is it possible to set it up so that the texture is based on the highest level the kerbal matches, or is that too much work? For example, if you define a level 0 and a level 3 texture, then kerbals level 0-2 get the level 0 texture and kerbals level 3-5 get the level 3 texture.

Couple things:

First, I love this mod with all my heart, and I can't thank you enough for it.

Second, can you change the Normal textures based on kerbal level just like you can the graphical texture?

Third, it looks like the level system is an all-or-nothing thing. If you define a texture for level 3 but not level 5, your level 5 kerbals won't get the level 0 texture or the level 3 texture, but whatever is default for them. This is fine for my current application, but is it possible to set it up so that the texture is based on the highest level the kerbal matches, or is that too much work? For example, if you define a level 0 and a level 3 texture, then kerbals level 0-2 get the level 0 texture and kerbals level 3-5 get the level 3 texture.

I can implement inheritance of levels as you said. Currently you can't assign a normal maps for each level, because I assumed levels will differ only in some emblem, so one normal map would fit all.

I was the default texture (sky box mostly) but there's nothing in the default folder. Help :(

What do you mean by that? You need to download textures separately.

I can implement inheritance of levels as you said. Currently you can't assign a normal maps for each level, because I assumed levels will differ only in some emblem, so one normal map would fit all.

That's a fair assumption, though if the emblems themselves need some extra bits in the normal map it's a bit restrictive. I'll leave it to you to decide whether it's worth the effort to put that in there.

I just downloaded this to add a skybox...I placed the TextureReplacer folder into my KSP gamedata folder, and added Rareden's skybox (https://www.dropbox.com/s/739s4103fyf027v/jpg_25MB_RaredensReal_And_AstronomerInterstellar_Mixed2.zip?dl=0) images into the Default folder, however my game crashes during loadup as soon as it reaches "TextureReplacer/Default/GalaxyTex_NegativeX". Can anyone help???

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.