[1.8-1.12] TextureReplacer 4.5.3 (8.2.2022)

shaw

Hey I would really appreciate some help with a bug I have narrowed down this mod. When I start a campaign and click on the vehicle assembly building, the camera freezes in an isometric angle of the space center and while the mouse still works and I can open the escape menu, I cannot enter buildings, right click on buildings, or exit (the exit button animates, but doesn't work). I have to control+alt+delete to get out.

Any idea why texturereplacer would be causing this? It stops happening as soon as I delete the mod folder. FYI I only use a few mainstream mods which are updated to 1.04 so I don't suspect any conflicts.

Thanks in advance! And thanks for the mod.

Edited by rhymenosorous

Hey I would really appreciate some help with a bug I have narrowed down this mod. When I start a campaign and click on the vehicle assembly building, the camera freezes in an isometric angle of the space center and while the mouse still works and I can open the escape menu, I cannot enter buildings, right click on buildings, or exit (the exit button animates, but doesn't work). I have to control+alt+delete to get out.

Any idea why texturereplacer would be causing this? It stops happening as soon as I delete the mod folder. FYI I only use a few mainstream mods which are updated to 1.04 so I don't suspect any conflicts.

This could be a save related bug. I've had it happen to me in stock games (or games with other mods in it too).

This could be a save related bug. I've had it happen to me in stock games (or games with other mods in it too).

Hmmm, I doubt it is save related. This happened my very first time starting a campaign after installing the game (I've been on a break since .90).

What does log say?

Hi Guys, I can confirm that Texture Replacer is the cause of the crashes. I'm not seeing anything out of the ordinary in the log. There isn't a crash log generated, there is a full stop of the game and it shuts down. Also confirmed that removing the MOD folder removes the issue.

The last lines in my log as of today prior to the crash and removal of the mod are:

[LOG 21:54:28.102] PartLoader: Compiling Internal Space 'Squad/Spaces/mk1CockpitInternal/internal/mk1CockpitInternal'
[LOG 21:54:28.107] PartLoader: Compiling Internal Space 'Squad/Spaces/mk1PodCockpit/internal/mk1PodCockpit'
[LOG 21:54:28.111] PartLoader: Compiling Internal Space 'Squad/Spaces/MK1_Inline_Int/MK1_Inline_Int/MK1_Inline_Int'
[LOG 21:54:28.119] PartLoader: Compiling Internal Space 'Squad/Spaces/mk2CockpitStandardInternal/internal/mk2CockpitStandardInternals'
[LOG 21:54:28.143] PartLoader: Compiling Internal Space 'Squad/Spaces/Mk2CrewCabinInternal/internal_MK2_CrewCab/MK2_CrewCab_Int'
[LOG 21:54:28.150] InternalSeat: Cannot find seatTransform of name 'Seat_UpLeft'
[LOG 21:54:28.150] InternalSeat: Cannot find portraitCamera of name 'Camera_UpLeft'
[LOG 21:54:28.152] InternalSeat: Cannot find seatTransform of name 'Seat_UpRight'
[LOG 21:54:28.152] InternalSeat: Cannot find portraitCamera of name 'Camera_UpRight'

I've added my own skybox that I've been using for years with this MOD so thats not it.

I hope this helps... if you need more I'll see what else I can find.

Hi Guys, I can confirm that Texture Replacer is the cause of the crashes. I'm not seeing anything out of the ordinary in the log. There isn't a crash log generated, there is a full stop of the game and it shuts down. Also confirmed that removing the MOD folder removes the issue.

The last lines in my log as of today prior to the crash and removal of the mod are:

[LOG 21:54:28.102] PartLoader: Compiling Internal Space 'Squad/Spaces/mk1CockpitInternal/internal/mk1CockpitInternal'
[LOG 21:54:28.107] PartLoader: Compiling Internal Space 'Squad/Spaces/mk1PodCockpit/internal/mk1PodCockpit'
[LOG 21:54:28.111] PartLoader: Compiling Internal Space 'Squad/Spaces/MK1_Inline_Int/MK1_Inline_Int/MK1_Inline_Int'
[LOG 21:54:28.119] PartLoader: Compiling Internal Space 'Squad/Spaces/mk2CockpitStandardInternal/internal/mk2CockpitStandardInternals'
[LOG 21:54:28.143] PartLoader: Compiling Internal Space 'Squad/Spaces/Mk2CrewCabinInternal/internal_MK2_CrewCab/MK2_CrewCab_Int'
[LOG 21:54:28.150] InternalSeat: Cannot find seatTransform of name 'Seat_UpLeft'
[LOG 21:54:28.150] InternalSeat: Cannot find portraitCamera of name 'Camera_UpLeft'
[LOG 21:54:28.152] InternalSeat: Cannot find seatTransform of name 'Seat_UpRight'
[LOG 21:54:28.152] InternalSeat: Cannot find portraitCamera of name 'Camera_UpRight'

I've added my own skybox that I've been using for years with this MOD so thats not it.

I hope this helps... if you need more I'll see what else I can find.

I guess you may have run out of memory.

I guess you may have run out of memory.

With only Three MODs, (Kerbal Alarm clock, Kerbal Engineer, and Texture Replacer) on a 64 bit Windows 7 system running on 16 Gb of RAM... I think you are overlooking the bigger picture. Perhaps the new version has a leak that caused the crash?

With only Three MODs, (Kerbal Alarm clock, Kerbal Engineer, and Texture Replacer) on a 64 bit Windows 7 system running on 16 Gb of RAM... I think you are overlooking the bigger picture. Perhaps the new version has a leak that caused the crash?

just an FYI: 64bit win 8.1 is OK, but win64bit client will get your head bitten off in here, so be clear to the authors that you're using the regular 32bit KSP client. the win64 KSP client is notorious for strange behavior, and is (perhaps deservedly) not supported by squad nor by most addon developers. Just trying to save you time and aggravation.

Edited by Murdabenne

Hi,

this is likely a pretty dumb qustion, but from reading the instructions I wasn't clear on just how do I exchange a texture for a planet or moon? I assume I need to edit the .cfg and put the file in some folder? Any pointers on what to do to, say, get a different texture loaded for Duna?

Thanks!

Hi,

this is likely a pretty dumb qustion, but from reading the instructions I wasn't clear on just how do I exchange a texture for a planet or moon? I assume I need to edit the .cfg and put the file in some folder? Any pointers on what to do to, say, get a different texture loaded for Duna?

Thanks!

Place the new texture in the Default folder and rename it according to the OP. For example, for a new Duna texture it should be renamed Duna5_00. No cfg editing required. :)

just an FYI: 64bit win 8.1 is OK, but win64bit client will get your head bitten off in here, so be clear to the authors that you're using the regular 32bit KSP client. the win64 KSP client is notorious for strange behavior, and is (perhaps deservedly) not supported by squad nor by most addon developers. Just trying to save you time and aggravation.

To be clear... its the 32bit client... never used the 64bit client as its unstable to begin with.

[EDIT] If its just me... than fine I'll wait for the next release... maybe it will change something. But if it is a bug than it should be reviewed. But the skybox that I'm using isn't that big... so the comment of running out of memory isn't really valid as the game loads with into about 1.6 GB of ram while running and in space with the skybox running its only using 2.2 GB of RAM. There really isn't that much of an increase. Not to mention that the skybox has been around as long as this MOD and its never caused an issue before. So is it the skybox... no... is the game running out of RAM, even with a 4 GB addressable limit... not a chance... unless there is a leak and in which case its happening faster than I can identify visually while monitoring.

As for getting my head bitten off... perhaps we should look at things with a little more open mindedness instead of flaming at someone before knowing the details. (Not that you were, just a general comment on internet flaming.)

Edited by LordZowy
Added thoughts

Hate to be pedantic shaw, to my knowledge and experience the mod seems to be perfectly functional in 1.0.4 - would it be possible to have the thread title tag updated to 1.0.4? If I'm the only who has it working, then of course, ignore me.

Hate to be pedantic shaw, to my knowledge and experience the mod seems to be perfectly functional in 1.0.4 - would it be possible to have the thread title tag updated to 1.0.4? If I'm the only who has it working, then of course, ignore me.

Yeah I would agree. Pedanticism for the win :D

A probably stupid question but I can't work it out from the OP

How do I assign a suit to a particular class?

Pilot, engineer etc

Quite simple,you need to edit "@Default.cfg":
ClassSuits
{
// Class-specific suits.
//
// className = suitDir
//
// where `className` is `Pilot`, `Engineer` or `Scientist` and `suitDir` is
// a suit directory from `Suits/`, `DEFAULT` or `GENERIC`.
// Custom experience traits are supported too. `className` must match `name`
// property in a `EXPERIENCE_TRAIT` configuration.
//
// Examples:
//
// Pilot = Suit1
// Engineer = DEFAULT
// Scientist = GENERIC
//
// THESE SETTINGS ARE OVERRIDDEN BY PER-GAME SETTINGS SET IN THE GUI!
//
}

.This can be achieved with text editor(notepad).Or use in game editor.(click on TR icon in space center view)

Edited by sebi.zzr

Hi all.

I've been noticing a lack of textures for the post-1.0 female kerbals which feature lipstick. Since I'm a girl who wears lipstick a lot, I found the lipstick-bearing heads from Sylith's old pack rather nice, and kinda missed them in the current version. I didn't really want to go for legacyFemales since I really like the new model, so I decided to go through the trial-and-error process and figure out how to put lipstick on the new lady kerbs. Since I figure there may be others out there with a use for this type of thing, I thought I'd post my findings.

Here's a sample texture (one of Hotaru's lovely female kerbal textures) modified to include red lipstick in about the right place. The important detail here is the positions of the inside edges of each lip; you can figure out width/height/shape/etc. to your own fancy.

ldSmjlq.pngit looks like some kind of distorted furby god help us all

When used in-game, the above texture looks like this:

c4r95bv.png

When making your own textures that include lipstick, you can start by just dropping the image in the spoiler up there into GIMP/Photoshop/whatever, lining it up with the texture you're working on (unless you've done something to the mapping, that means just centering the 1024x1024 image on the 1024x1024 canvas you're working on), drawing a couple lines to indicate where the lower edge of the top lip and upper edge of the bottom lip go, and then drawing in your lips (in whatever color/size/shape you like) from there. I agree this is a bit cumbersome, but I'm not sure how else to do this.

Anyway, if you've been wanting a way to add lipstick for the post-1.0 girl kerbals, search no longer! If you haven't and think lipstick is silly, well, carry on as you were.

I may make an actual texture pack featuring this, if that's something people want (and if I can figure out how to draw hair).

Edited by GreeningGalaxy

Quite simple,you need to edit "@Default.cfg"This can be achieved with text editor(notepad).Or use in game editor.(click on TR icon in space center view)

Thanks, that seems to have worked for Pilots and Scientists but for some reason all my Engineers are wearing the Pilot suit . . .. which is odd.

been through the .cfg file I made and the suit file names a fair few times looking for errors, couldn't find any. . . . confused.

I'll post code later.

Didn't actually modify @Default.cfg, I made my own little .cfg file that I'll stick all my game specific stuff into

A probably stupid question but I can't work it out from the OP

How do I assign a suit to a particular class?

Pilot, engineer etc

In the TR GUI. Click Kerbal head with mustaches in the space centre scene. Editing config files changes nothing for existing games and is only meant for texture packs designers.

I'm trying to change a capitalization issue for a visor and it's normal texture, but the V is still uppercase after renaming it with a lowercase V. Thee weird part is that renaming it a 2nd time shows a lowercase V in the area where you type. Is this normal?

EDIT: I think I found the problem. File Explorer wasn't showing the name change.

Edited by TheJewelOfJool