[1.8-1.12] TextureReplacer 4.5.3 (8.2.2022)

shaw

Thanks! I'm glad you like it. 

Just make sure not to re-distribute your modified version - as per the lisence. 

I plan to do the RCS backpack, too. Just didn't have time yet. 

5 minutes ago, -ctn- said:

Of course. Good luck with the RCS.

7 minutes ago, -ctn- said:

Feel free to link me when you're finished - I'd hate to miss your new post! - It's kind of funny actually. I've already got a boatload of stored textures which I've had to keep to myself for this project. I won't distribute anything I've modified.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

I would like to replace the textures of the inside of the VAB. I would like the interior walls and floor to serve as a canvas of sorts or, in other words, a flat color that contrasts well with rocket parts . The standard walls and floor are too busy and too dark for crafting. I would have an easier time seeing what I am crafting if the interior walls were a flat light grey or light tan or some such.  Perhaps a lightly colored flat color but with a grid of very thin lines for reference and alignment. Can such a thing be done with this mod?

2 hours ago, davidy12 said:

@shaw @Avera9eJoe: Eventually will we get reflective visors back? 

Probably, some time. I currently don't play KSP nor have time to develop TR, so don't expect anything except critical fixes from my side for a at least a few months from now. Luckily for you,  @RangeMachine is currently working on fixing visor reflections.

1 hour ago, Sobol said:

I used TRReflection. Is it possible to weaken the reflection? Is the only thing I can do to adjust the color of the reflected light? Can this be done in a config file, or do I have to change the texture? Thanks for this amazing modifications and help, of course.

If I remember correctly, reflection shaders (from Unity) use alpha channel as reflection intensity. If this doesn't work try to tweak reflection colour in TRReflection module.

54 minutes ago, Six6igma said:

I would like to replace the textures of the inside of the VAB. I would like the interior walls and floor to serve as a canvas of sorts or, in other words, a flat color that contrasts well with rocket parts . The standard walls and floor are too busy and too dark for crafting. I would have an easier time seeing what I am crafting if the interior walls were a flat light grey or light tan or some such.  Perhaps a lightly colored flat color but with a grid of very thin lines for reference and alignment. Can such a thing be done with this mod?

Probably yes, you must just find out names of textures you want to replace and put images with same names into `GameData/TextureReplacer/Default/` directory. Set `logTextures` to true in @Default.cfg and TR will dump list of replaceable textures (in a scene) to KSP.log on each scene switch.

On 05.05.2016 at 10:48 PM, Avera9eJoe said:

I hope so :) - I sadly can't code at all so I'm not really the one to answer this :P. Just texture editing and config writing. @RangeMachine was able to get some progress done on fixing the visor reflections though, so I definitely think it's coming back.

I'm not sure if anything has changed with TR configs in U5, but yes you can weaken the strength of the reflection. I wrote the configs for WindowShine and relied a lot on this to make the reflections nicer. You can open up the configs and take a peek on how to change the reflection strength.

Yep, I made it, but I am trying to find a way to render atmosphere and clouds in macro space. I hope I will do it in 1-2 days.

I'm trying to get Oinkers' skybox and city lights http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/96851-105-texturereplacer-2411-17112015/&do=findComment&comment=1986705 to work. I put all the stuff in the right place in TextureReplacer, but it's not working. I can't bring up the texturereplacer menu unless I'm in the base - when I'm in flight, the button nor the alt-N hotkey work.

I'm not sure if the skybox worked (is there a way to verify?) but certainly the clouds aren't working. Does alt-n no longer do anything?

On 5/7/2016 at 3:43 PM, Pimp Magician said:

I'm trying to get Oinkers' skybox and city lights http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/96851-105-texturereplacer-2411-17112015/&do=findComment&comment=1986705 to work. I put all the stuff in the right place in TextureReplacer, but it's not working. I can't bring up the texturereplacer menu unless I'm in the base - when I'm in flight, the button nor the alt-N hotkey work.

I'm not sure if the skybox worked (is there a way to verify?) but certainly the clouds aren't working. Does alt-n no longer do anything?

Hmmm... I just today started rebuilding my Kerbal Oinker-Pack. I had to give it a while after the 1.1 update for most of the mods to be updated. I dropped TR, EVE, and Distant Objects in right away and set the "skybox 2.0 brighter" to 72% max brightness in DO. The skybox is working fine. It's definitely my skybox and is easily identifiable when clicking start and it rolls to the mun screen. There is a nearby galaxy just above the horizon on the right. I dropped my clouds (kerbin1.png) in EVE and Kerbin (KerbinScaledSpace300.dds) from my Endraxial Pack Reduced, into TR Default. But the clouds look like crap and the planet was all pixelated. Alt-N didn't do anything for me either. I'll have to manually edit the config. Anyway, I was back here looking for the latest dev version of TR to try that and see if Kerbin will look better when I saw your post. I'm working on it. I'll probably do a conversion of the clouds to dds since it looks like EVE now supports that. At least the new jool and eve cloud textures are dds. I haven't tried the city lights yet. I figured I'd tackle one thing at a time.

BTW, any of my textures and configs are free to use anywhere for anything - with or without a credit.

And Alt-N is/was the in-game edit shortcut for the EVE config (clouds). It doesn't have anything to do with TR (skybox, planet surface, heads, suits).

-------------------------------------

hours after post above: I looked closer at EVE and it's just ignoring my cloud texture and reading the default textures with the mod. The texture type has been changed to a cube-map with the alpha channels stored in the red/blue/green channels, I guess to put three layers in one cubemap. I've got some converting to do. The kerbin texture looks like 8 bit minecraft blocks in TR.

Edited by Oinker

I have searched and searched and cannot find the uniforms in my KSP directory. I am trying to create a bunch of uniforms for my game but cannot find them anywhere. Even in my texture replacer folder. I just need to find one, copy it, and edit them. If that question has been asked I apologize. I searched for the answer everywhere.

4 hours ago, ussoldier2002 said:

I have searched and searched and cannot find the uniforms in my KSP directory. I am trying to create a bunch of uniforms for my game but cannot find them anywhere. Even in my texture replacer folder. I just need to find one, copy it, and edit them. If that question has been asked I apologize. I searched for the answer everywhere.

They're probably stored in one of the .assets files in the KSP_Data folder. You can use Unity Assets Explorer to extract files from them, but it might be simpler to use a suit from one of the suit packs as your starting point.

hello. Small/huge issue going on and I narrowed it down to texture replacer. whenever I EVA a kerbal there mouth is glitching , well its opening and closing really really really quickly. to the point where its semi-transparent. I like having my skyboxes installed as ive gotten use to it. and I would really like to know how I could fix this. thank you. have a good day. even if this is not approved by a moderator/anyone that knows how to fix does not respond. anyways. bye bye.

15 minutes ago, PantsOnHead said:

hello. Small/huge issue going on and I narrowed it down to texture replacer. whenever I EVA a kerbal there mouth is glitching , well its opening and closing really really really quickly. to the point where its semi-transparent. I like having my skyboxes installed as ive gotten use to it. and I would really like to know how I could fix this. thank you. have a good day. even if this is not approved by a moderator/anyone that knows how to fix does not respond. anyways. bye bye.

Well seeing as the reflections don't work yet,  set the reflections option to None and it fixes it. Like so1YB7wHh.png

Edited by Berlin

Just now, Berlin said:

Well seeing as the reflections don't work yet,  set the reflections option to None and it fixes it. 

I shall give it a try. I'll be back in a few minutes with the results 

7 minutes ago, Berlin said:

Well seeing as the reflections don't work yet,  set the reflections option to None and it fixes it. Like so1YB7wHh.png

6 minutes ago, PantsOnHead said:

I shall give it a try. I'll be back in a few minutes with the results 

okay I'm back. it works. thank you very much. jeb is very happy the kracken has stopped possessing his mouth.

Sorry to be a bother, but I was wondering: has anyone else noticed a little "hitching" when parts reflection is active? For a small spacecraft I'll normally have an excellent framerate, except every second or so it'll hitch for a very short period of time. It's noticeable mostly because it's always happening--for example, spin your spacecraft continuously and you'll see it click.

I don't recall this happening before 1.1.2 (likely related?) and removing the CFG file removes the hitching. 

1 hour ago, Synthesis said:

Sorry to be a bother, but I was wondering: has anyone else noticed a little "hitching" when parts reflection is active? For a small spacecraft I'll normally have an excellent framerate, except every second or so it'll hitch for a very short period of time. It's noticeable mostly because it's always happening--for example, spin your spacecraft continuously and you'll see it click.

I don't recall this happening before 1.1.2 (likely related?) and removing the CFG file removes the hitching. 

Maybe that's when reflections are being generated. Does changing `reflectionInterval` make a difference?

Removing which CFG file? Removing `@Default.cfg` shouldn't have direct effect on reflections, it usually contains the default settings that don't change anything. Unless something else is the problem, e.g. some issues with texture compression and unloading. Check the log if there are any errors.

Edited by shaw

Any ideas why my Kerbin looks like this:

9F1D9693B5365F82B8893998B221C210BF8B1FB6

If I remove my KerbinScaledSpace300 texture it returns to normal. Is there something up with my Kerbin texture? It worked several versions ago. 

The texture is 4096 x 2044, bit depth 32 and is a .dds file.

Edited by Bishop149

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.