[1.8-1.12] TextureReplacer 4.5.3 (8.2.2022)

shaw

From the previous page:

On May 17, 2016 at 10:48 AM, RangeMachine said:

Finally, I restored visor reflections shader. I spent many time to find a way to render atmosphere layer, but it's no result. So it's like an old reflections, without atmosphere.

You can download updated plugin from my GitHub fork, until @shaw updating his main branch.

Reveal hidden contents

QlhWOBN.jpg

q4agQ4P.png

And on the page before that you can find Shaw's comment on fixes to visors. 

On 11/5/2015 at 0:48 AM, necKros said:

Some progress, with that redhead texture someone requested.

goJS3QR.png

3Lebx6R.png

6Gg6xp8.png

Hey, I'm releasing this small texture pack I announced one year ago (dang, time flies).

I'm actually releasing the psd too, so you can make your own custom versions of these heads (the layers are almost ordered). I have to say the UVs are a big wonky, since I never managed to ged my hands on the actual UV map of the (then) new female head. Luckily seams are on the back of the head and aren't very noticeable. I haven't played much 1.1, but I just tested them and they look fine.

Well, here's the link, you can add it to any compilation or listing you wish:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/75a5d5lcphugybq/AAAJsCaDuQaG-HOQUeb4pHi7a?dl=0

On 22. 5. 2016 at 9:17 PM, tg626 said:

Odd behavior:

I made a slightly modified texture for the stock fairings (removed the U and yellow stripe), if I place it in the squad directory, overwriting the original, it works.  But if I place it under "TextureReplacer/default/squad/parts/aero/fairings" all the fairings turn grey inside and out.

It probably uses some special shaders, since it has to generate/tile texture depending on the size of a fairing. TR's texture replacement is done for a general case, and usually breaks when some "magic" is done with that texture.

Hmm.  I'll have to try the Model node trick then...

Big bag o' nope.  Turns out the texture for the fairings themselves is defined as a value in a module entry.  So I did up a MM config like below, and now my texture (stored under GameData/Custom/Parts/...etc.) shows in game.

@PART[fairingSize1]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleProceduralFairing]
	{
		@TextureURL = Custom/Parts/Aero/fairings/fairings_diff
	}
}
@PART[fairingSize2]
{
	{
	}
}
@PART[fairingSize3]
{
	{
	}
}

Big fairings start looking kinda dopey with tiled repeating stripes up the side.  I just wish I could do some sort of Black/White Saturn-esque pattern, but the texture makes narrow stripes when I try,

Edited by tg626

Hello, everyone, I'm looking for a specific suit texture pack. I've looked for it throughout this thread but found nothing. It was mostly white and blue, and the most distinctive thing it came with was an IVA suit for Scientists that made them look like they had a lab coat and tie on underneath the space suit. It was super classy. Does that ring a bell with anyone?

8 hours ago, theonegalen said:

Hello, everyone, I'm looking for a specific suit texture pack. I've looked for it throughout this thread but found nothing. It was mostly white and blue, and the most distinctive thing it came with was an IVA suit for Scientists that made them look like they had a lab coat and tie on underneath the space suit. It was super classy. Does that ring a bell with anyone?

I think this is the one you're looking for:

(The link was in the OP: “Scart91’s Texture Pack”.)

Edited by UnanimousCoward

Any idea if the NavBall problem will be fixed or is fixable?  The old add-on made for this by xEvilReeperx is also is broken http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/63113-making-high-contrast-nav-ball/#comment-958387 .  I'd like to come back to this game but I have such trouble seeing the default NavBall.  Guess I came back one version too late :).  Thanks for any info.

Edit:

XEvilReeperx has updated and improved the NavBall texture replacer in the above link.

Edited by kBob

I get this with Indicator Lights when TR is installed:

[ERR 01:26:57.855] Agent: Failed to scale the logo [IndicatorLights/Agencies/Blinkenlights] into a logoScaled. Exception: UnityEngine.UnityException: Texture 'IndicatorLights/Agencies/Blinkenlights' is not readable, the texture memory can not be accessed from scripts. You can make the texture readable in the Texture Import Settings.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Texture2D:GetPixels (int,int,int,int,int)
  at UnityEngine.Texture2D.GetPixels (Int32 miplevel) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.Texture2D.GetPixels () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Contracts.Agents.Agent..ctor (System.String name, System.String logoURL, System.String logoScaledURL) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Does there need to be an exception config or something to keep this file readable?

17 hours ago, Gaiiden said:

I get this with Indicator Lights when TR is installed:

[ERR 01:26:57.855] Agent: Failed to scale the logo [IndicatorLights/Agencies/Blinkenlights] into a logoScaled. Exception: UnityEngine.UnityException: Texture 'IndicatorLights/Agencies/Blinkenlights' is not readable, the texture memory can not be accessed from scripts. You can make the texture readable in the Texture Import Settings.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Texture2D:GetPixels (int,int,int,int,int)
  at UnityEngine.Texture2D.GetPixels (Int32 miplevel) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.Texture2D.GetPixels () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Contracts.Agents.Agent..ctor (System.String name, System.String logoURL, System.String logoScaledURL) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Does there need to be an exception config or something to keep this file readable?

Yes, add it to keepReadable.

13 hours ago, shaw said:

Yes, add it to keepReadable.

You mean like this inside a .cfg file?

TextureReplacer
{
  keepReadable = ^IndicatorLights/Agencies/
}

Sry I haven't been able to find any reference to keepReadable... did you perhaps mean to say keepLoaded?

5 hours ago, Gaiiden said:

You mean like this inside a .cfg file?

TextureReplacer
{
  keepReadable = ^IndicatorLights/Agencies/
}

Sry I haven't been able to find any reference to keepReadable... did you perhaps mean to say keepLoaded?

Oops, you're right, keepLoaded.

Edited by shaw

On 5/23/2016 at 9:26 AM, necKros said:

Hey, I'm releasing this small texture pack I announced one year ago (dang, time flies).

I'm actually releasing the psd too, so you can make your own custom versions of these heads (the layers are almost ordered). I have to say the UVs are a big wonky, since I never managed to ged my hands on the actual UV map of the (then) new female head. Luckily seams are on the back of the head and aren't very noticeable. I haven't played much 1.1, but I just tested them and they look fine.

Well, here's the link, you can add it to any compilation or listing you wish:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/75a5d5lcphugybq/AAAJsCaDuQaG-HOQUeb4pHi7a?dl=0

I really like these textures. Here's a config file I made for them so they'll assign these as female faces: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1324874/NecKrosConfig.zip

I'm also going to experiment with the template some. Would anyone like some covered eyes textures? 

@shaw I've found a bug. The kerbals mouths keep moving super fast.

On 1/16/2015 at 10:46 AM, ahappydude said:

16eTcib.png

I totally agree with those reflections! So nice having it deepspace, in eva. If the screen is to big let me know and i make it smaller

cheers for your work!!

where can I get this?

45 minutes ago, The-Doctor said:

where can I get this?

You mean the reflections? Get the updated version of TR linked in this post:

Make sure reflections are set to "real" in TR's settings. I think it's the default setting anyway, though.

Edited by UnanimousCoward

• 2 weeks later...
On 01.06.2016 at 9:16 PM, UnanimousCoward said:

You mean the reflections? Get the updated version of TR linked in this post:

Make sure reflections are set to "real" in TR's settings. I think it's the default setting anyway, though.

Hello dear UnanimousCoward, i downloaded that link and put folders into GameData folder, but reflections doesnt work.. Where to put those "extras" folder ? Can you help me

After upgrading to KSP 1.0.5 I lost the TextureReplacer icon in the mod toolbar.  Now I've updated to 1.1.2 and still have no icon in the mod toolbar.  I'd appreciate it if someone could give me a heads up as to what to tweak to remedy this.

Thanks~

EDIT:  I went into the TextureReplacer/Plugins folder and converted the icon.dds file to a jpg file.  TextureReplacer is now back in the mod toolbar!

RE-EDIT:  I just found out how much I don't know!  :confused:  After "fixing" the icon I went into the VAB and the icon was gone again.  It dawned on me that the TextureReplacer Icon is only visible on the KSC screen.  Restored the original .dds icon file and all is well.

Edited by Korbit
Problem Solved; Actually problem Never Existed!

On 5/31/2016 at 6:10 PM, Iamsodarncool said:

Anybody else getting the bug where kerbals' mouths flap (like this)? Is there a known fix?

Yes. I do have this too. Is it related to texture replacer? I did not try to fix it but it got me wondering. For me, the visor reflection is broken probably but another mod: The half bottom part of the visor is missing... About the flapping mouth: Could it be related to faces that also have a normal map defined?

Edit: Humm the one shown on the link you provided seem to be a stock kerbal female face... right? So no normal map I think for them?

Edited by Galenmacil

On 6/1/2016 at 6:05 AM, robotguy4 said:

I really like these textures. Here's a config file I made for them so they'll assign these as female faces: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1324874/NecKrosConfig.zip

I'm also going to experiment with the template some. Would anyone like some covered eyes textures? 

Thanks for these great looking Female Kerbal face texture! However, this is not really a complain, but can we get the files in PNG or DDS instead of JPG?

3 hours ago, Galenmacil said:

Yes. I do have this too. Is it related to texture replacer? I did not try to fix it but it got me wondering. For me, the visor reflection is broken probably but another mod: The half bottom part of the visor is missing... About the flapping mouth: Could it be related to faces that also have a normal map defined?

Edit: Humm the one shown on the link you provided seem to be a stock kerbal female face... right? So no normal map I think for them?

He answered his own problem a few posts below his question

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.