[1.8-1.12] TextureReplacer 4.5.3 (8.2.2022)

shaw

8 minutes ago, Alshain said:

Did the navball replacer ever get fixed in this?

no but you can use the mod navballchanger link is in this thread. I actually prefer it to what TR did

Edited by Galileo

1 minute ago, Smart Parts Wanter said:

After I installed this mod and some nebula pack KSP stopped seeing my save files, there's no load option... is this normal?

I'm almost 100% sure it's not this mod causing it. Check to see that you have saves in the save directory.  Not in game but in the actual folder

Just now, Galileo said:

I'm almost 100% sure it's not this mod causing it. Check to see that you have saves in the save directory.  Not in game but in the actual folder

Yes that's what i did in the first place. They're there, which makes me glad.
But even though the files are physically there, the game stopped seeing them right after installing this mod, I did nothing else, the nebula looks awesome, but I wish to see it on my on going game.

10 minutes ago, Smart Parts Wanter said:

Yes that's what i did in the first place. They're there, which makes me glad.
But even though the files are physically there, the game stopped seeing them right after installing this mod, I did nothing else, the nebula looks awesome, but I wish to see it on my on going game.

Have you tried reinstalling? 

Probably it was already asked tons of time, but searching all the posts on the thread made me crazy:

I was searching the stock IVA and EVA suits textures (and maybe heads) to start a new project of mine with some custom made suits, but I was capable just to find something alike from here, under the "standard" KSP pack:

They almost fit as a start point, but also, in game, I noticed an helmet sometime for IVA with grey color (rather the red one used in EVA) and (aside Green Skull could confirm differently) IVA suits for "generic Kerbals" seem to me less colorful than Green Skull's ones.

Could anyone guide me to the "most original and stock" series of assets to start with????

As a basic cfg settings fot Texture Replacer, I'd like to do:

- 4, personalized, specific IVA and EVA for the "Fantastic Four" (Jeb, Bob, Bill and Vale)

- 3, generic, IVA and EVA for any other Kerbal, split one for each qualification (Pilots, Engineers, Sciantists)

- (as a plus) configure the IVA (without helmet) as EVA too, on planets with breathable air (Kerbin and Laithe), leaving the full suit only for space and any other situation........

I'm pretty solid on drawing (A lot of years on Photoshop) but totally new for Texture Replacer settings, so any help will be apreciated :P

Thank you in advance

Edited by Araym

On 8/17/2016 at 1:37 AM, Araym said:

Probably it was already asked tons of time, but searching all the posts on the thread made me crazy:

I was searching the stock IVA and EVA suits textures (and maybe heads) to start a new project of mine with some custom made suits, but I was capable just to find something alike from here, under the "standard" KSP pack:

They almost fit as a start point, but also, in game, I noticed an helmet sometime for IVA with grey color (rather the red one used in EVA) and (aside Green Skull could confirm differently) IVA suits for "generic Kerbals" seem to me less colorful than Green Skull's ones.

Could anyone guide me to the "most original and stock" series of assets to start with????

As a basic cfg settings fot Texture Replacer, I'd like to do:

- 4, personalized, specific IVA and EVA for the "Fantastic Four" (Jeb, Bob, Bill and Vale)

- 3, generic, IVA and EVA for any other Kerbal, split one for each qualification (Pilots, Engineers, Sciantists)

- (as a plus) configure the IVA (without helmet) as EVA too, on planets with breathable air (Kerbin and Laithe), leaving the full suit only for space and any other situation........

I'm pretty solid on drawing (A lot of years on Photoshop) but totally new for Texture Replacer settings, so any help will be apreciated :P

Thank you in advance

I don't know of any "stock original" suits available to mod on your own.  I took others' work that was licensed as CC and modifiable to do mine.  

On 8/22/2016 at 7:54 PM, RocketSquid said:

Are there alternate textures included or does that require a separate texture pack?

All separate packs, that you need to put in the proper folders in TextureReplacer.  Most are linked in the first post on this thread.  There are a few that you will need to go through the thread for, specifically some of @GregroxMun's newer stuff.

Edited by Cetera

If someone has a CC images separated into layers (so I don't have to rely on magic wand), that would be awesome... But yeah. I'd be really keen to expand out the faces/suits available as well (there's 30-odd Kerbonauts in my roster at the moment, hard not to get the same faces in a single expedition).

1 hour ago, Skippy__ said:

Those are different suits. It only has the scientist one, the other two that I want aren't included in that pack.

I used scart91 packs since I can remember. And that is the last working link unfortunately 

7 hours ago, Skippy__ said:

Does anyone know of/ can create an alternate download link? I really like the look of these but the link is broken.

I have a copy of Scart's class suits pack.  However, I'm loathe to repost them without @Scart91's permission, and he/she hasn't been on the forums in over a year.  I can't find any licensing info on the texture pack nor the suit pack.  In the absence of something saying otherwise, all rights are reserved to Scart by default.  

Here from ksp Twitter a long time ago

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0jTBhRYrQ-8Z0xYWFhXTUFpam8/view

6 hours ago, Skippy__ said:

Those are different suits. It only has the scientist one, the other two that I want aren't included in that pack.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0jTBhRYrQ-8Z0xYWFhXTUFpam8/view found them on ksp's twitter

6 hours ago, Skippy__ said:

Took some searching but I found it on ksp's twitter from a long time ago

https://mobile.twitter.com/KerbalSpaceP/status/581501146885275648

As I posted, I was looking for something stock-alike, to add a little of variation for my Kerbal suits, but without move too much away from the stock look...

... so in a couple of hours I made my own pack:

Araym's Stock-alike Specialization Suits

ilHs6js.pngGmrqnit.png

BEuZwE7.pngBPhzCbz.pngLwbhBPW.png

It's not a particulary innovation: just some added finish touches, here and there, on orange suits and mostly a correction on IVA suits of the "mirrored logo" on the right shoulder.

I split them in the 3 specialization branches (Red = pilots; blue = engineers; green = scientists), with added finishes to the "Fantastic Four" suits (plus a grey one for tourists, available ALSO for EVA use, even if they don't need one). Complete with normal maps, to add a bit o "different feeling" than a plain, stock, one...

To have a complete preview of the pack, LOOK HERE

To download, CLICK HERE

For the "Licences", i made them as "use, modify, play with them freely: just mention me if you re-publish them as they are or in a modified form"

Edited by Araym

1 hour ago, RMAJ_gaming said:

hey the skybox looks amazing... in the pictures. but i can't seem to get it working in game. i downloaded the Poodmund's Calm Nebula Skybox i put the included files into the game data folder, and i still get the same default skybox. please help because i would love to use that skybox.

Seems like a silly question to ask but have you installed the base Texture Replacer mod? (https://github.com/RangeMachine/TextureReplacer/releases

Ensure that is installed, then drop my Skybox files into the GameData folder and it should locate them within the correct folders in TextureReplacer's directory.

To make sure, you should be able to navigate to ..\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TextureReplacer\Default and be able to see the 6 .dds images and ..\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TextureReplacer\EnvMap to see the 6 small .png images of my mod. If you can, then it should all be working.

Alternatively, you can now download and install any of my 3 Skyboxes for KSP 1.1.3 via CKAN or via SpaceDock:

Calm Nebula

Deep Star Map

Milky Way

-------------------

Thank you for bringing this to my attention though, @RMAJ_gaming, I have edited the SpaceDock listings to include installation instructions for those not familiar with the install process.

Edited by Poodmund