[1.8-1.12] TextureReplacer 4.5.3 (8.2.2022)

shaw

Hi all long time KSP'er, new Forum user.

Unsure if this is the right place to mention it but I've recently been trying to make RRSVE and custom skyboxs (different ones I've tried) work.

I cannot get it to work and am starting to think there's a compatibility issue somewhere along the line, I've tried with and without ckan for mods that ckan supports, I've done hours of trouble shooting, reinstalling etc etc with no avail.

my conclusions are that I can have custom skyboxs working with TR with no RRSVE or RRSVE with no custom skybox, I can consistently make that happen. but not both (which is what I really want, and have had before. 

I know it has worked previously for me, but just cannot seem to make it happen again and I'm thinking it's just due to an update causing compatibility issues. This is my video of it all working (custom skybox, RSSVE with EVE running the clouds)

Is there anyone else who can confirm or thinks there is a compatibility issue? please let me know cheers dudes!

Rage.

Edited by RageAU

1 hour ago, RageAU said:

Hi all long time KSP'er, new Forum user.

Unsure if this is the right place to mention it but I've recently been trying to make RRSVE and custom skyboxs (different ones I've tried) work.

I cannot get it to work and am starting to think there's a compatibility issue somewhere along the line, I've tried with and without ckan for mods that ckan supports, I've done hours of trouble shooting, reinstalling etc etc with no avail.

my conclusions are that I can have custom skyboxs working with TR with no RRSVE or RRSVE with no custom skybox, I can consistently make that happen. but not both (which is what I really want, and have had before. 

I know it has worked previously for me, but just cannot seem to make it happen again and I'm thinking it's just due to an update causing compatibility issues. This is my video of it all working (custom skybox, RSSVE with EVE running the clouds)

Is there anyone else who can confirm or thinks there is a compatibility issue? please let me know cheers dudes!

Rage.

Are you using range machines version that is posted in the OP? It's the only version that's compatible with 1.2.2. 

6 minutes ago, Mikeloeven said:

Is this only for textures or can you replace head and suit meshes as well ? Just curious because I have seen a lot of packs but I haven't seen drastic alterations to space suits or hairstyles.

hairstyles are textures. The suit mesh can't be modified by TextureReplacer. I believe there is now actually a way to modify suit/body meshes since v1.0 was released but no one has yet taken the time or had the know-how to do anything with it

29 minutes ago, Knezz said:

Hey, im using ksp 1.2.2 and texture replacer is not working... What am i doing wrong?

First,you have to provide some more information.You can read which and what would be relevant in this article.

Edited by sebi.zzr
On another note,if something is not working,have some courtesy and read the OP for known issues and some last pages.

17 minutes ago, sebi.zzr said:

First,you have to provide some more information.You can read which and what would be relevant in this article.

Im using KSP 1.2.2, i installed texture replacer but it's not working, when i install skyboxes, suits, reflections, nothing is showing up... Just stock textures...

5 minutes ago, Knezz said:

Im using KSP 1.2.2, i installed texture replacer but it's not working, when i install skyboxes, suits, reflections, nothing is showing up... Just stock textures...

LOL.  Reading comprehension... It's not just for school!

The simplest solution is often correct i would guess he is probably using the main fork that does not support 1.2.2

@Knezz for 1.2.2 you need RangeMachine's unofficial release. The link is in the OP. delete the texture replacer folder and try reinstalling using that version

Edited by Mikeloeven

On 1/25/2017 at 6:09 AM, JadeOfMaar said:

NASA/ESA Foreign Eagle :: Dropbox :: Gallery

CC BY-NC-SA :: Free to modify and re-share. Now with some extra post work by @eddiew

Gallery is not completely accurate but still demonstrates this package well.

-snip-

My jaw nearly hit the floor when I saw these... absolutely incredible! Well done!

On 2015-07-07 at 8:28 PM, GreeningGalaxy said:

INTRODUCING: 

GreeningGalaxy's Diverse Kerbal Lasses

Kerbal Head Texture Pack!

Installation instructions for all packs:

Reveal hidden contents

0. Install Texture Replacer if you haven't already.

1. Download the .zip file and extract it into your KSP directory.

2. The head textures should all be under [KSP directory]/GameData/TextureReplacer/Heads

3. The .cfg file in each pack (i.e. GGDL_Default.cfg for the basic pack) should go under GameData/TextureReplacer, alongside @Default.cfg (if these don't work or are not installed correctly, then Texture Replacer will assume all the heads are for male kerbals, and your kerbals will all look like they just had their makeup done pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey-style.)

All packs should be co-installable, but filename collisions may happen accidentally. If you get it asking you to overwrite something when extracting a pack, let me know.

Basic Lasses

This is the basic release, which includes relatively 'normal'-looking kerbal heads for the default 'female' model. These heads are have several different skin and hair colors, as well as a few different colors and styles of makeup. At present, there are 16 different options. Additional packs with different features will become available later.

It turns out drawing hair is about as hard as I expected, especially considering that I have no art skills to speak of and nothing besides a mouse to draw with. All these hairstyles (at the moment, there are three textures) were made by stitching together photos of real hair - the long wavy one is my hair, while the other two are from my friends.

Download
Basic Lasses
sha256sum: 78922f33d6ba74e1f9df8e90b57e6073e99df36cbf6c626ca792b2939a92a605

Serious Lasses

These packs were originally planned to add only especially feminine heads, since there didn't appear to be very many of those available previously. However, I now see that there's also a profound lack of diverse skin colors in the female head scene, so here's some heads for those of you who would prefer those without the makeup from the other two packs.

This pack includes only 12 heads instead of the usual 16 at the moment, but that will change once I add additional hairstyles (and thus have more variability to work with). Unlike the original basic pack, none of the Serious Lasses are wearing lipstick or eyeliner, and the contouring has been made much more subtle. Three new closer-to-stock variants of eyelashes have been added, as well as two new mid-toned skin shades. Subtle hair highlights have been retained, but all-blue hair has not.

Download
Serious Lasses
sha256sum: aa55f02d06b70f3f1c9113808ad1587d05c7d7f90f88807eab558bff6b822d87

Gothy Lasses

This release adds an additional 16 heads with more unusual makeup options - things like black/blue/green lipstick, bright red/green hair, and blue/gray skin.

Download
Gothy Lasses
sha256sum: 85a153d4a50955273e7373514aaaaffb8b0ed06c1fc9571213fd39dd29efd1f7

Lass GIMP File

If you want to mix and match your own kerbal heads using features from this pack, the best way to do that is to use the GIMP to open the original .xcf file, which is provided below. A number of layers corresponding to different colors for different features are included, or you can make your own. This will be updated with new options as they become available.

To make a customized texture using the file, just open it, enable, disable and modify layers as you like, and then export it to GameData/TextureReplacer/Heads. Also, don't forget to add the exported filename to one of the .cfg files in the TextureReplacer directory under femaleHeads!

This file was last updated on 2015-7-11.

Download
GIMP .xcf file for Female Heads
sha256sum: bf8ad219d6ada78d994038ddd51a71ef12305c1cd8eab3e2a9e150a8c4334d35

Note: I don't think Photoshop will support the .xcf format, but I admit I don't know since I don't use Photoshop. GIMP is free in any case, but if you really want a .psd file or whatever Photoshop takes these days, I think it can be arranged.

Please know that the ultimate goal of this project is to make KSP and kerbals as inclusive and representative as possible. If you don't see something you want in the pack releases or list of planned features, please let me know! I'm more than willing to take requests for specific skin tones, hairstyles, makeup details, and other such things as well.

Additionally, if you don't see your hair type here, you're welcome to submit a photograph of your own hair (preferably in private message) for me to convert into a kerbal hairstyle. I realize that this is a rather strange request, but if you like what you see with the current hairstyles, I'm willing to add your hair to them too!

Planned Features:

Reveal hidden contents

-Diverse Kerbal Lads: expect to see the Basic pack for male kerbals sometime next month sometime next year sometime this century before the heat death of the universe renders time a meaningless quantity. Development has stalled for now since I'm all busy with school, but I haven't given up on this yet.

-Additional hairstyles for Serious Lasses too.

-Genderblend: Add a pack with variably gender-ambiguous textures for both meshes

-More hairstyles, maybe ones that are not just my hair copypasted a bunch of times

-Piercings

-Scars

-Improve detail on face textures (freckles)

-Eyebrows(?)

-More themed packs (taking suggestions)

-Antialiasing on my laptop for better screenshots(?)

Changelog:

Reveal hidden contents

2015-07-07

-Initial release

-Released Basic pack

-Increased pack number from 14 to 16, adding two red-haired heads

-Released Fun & Gothy pack

2015-07-08 (morning)

-Added eyeshadow

-Added hair highlights (of possibly dubious quality, lemme know what you think. I don't have much experience with hair highlights IRL, so....)

-Added blush/contouring makeup

-Split red hair texture: base pack now includes a more natural shade of red hair, while the dyed-red hair in the gothy pack is now much brighter.

-Did a light revision pass on the color selections for all the heads (still not happy with all of them, so that's still in progress)

2015-07-08 (evening)

-Made hair highlights a bit more subtle (I did it for both packs, but group portraits are a PITA, so only the gothy pack has an updated screenshot)

-Fixed some textures in the gothy pack which I didn't like

-Tried to turn on antialiasing for the screenshots, failed. Sighed at ATI graphics card.

2015-07-08 (night)

-Redid lipstick. It's now a bit more shapely and a bit more subtle.

-Minorly tweaked a few colors.

2015-7-10

-Released Serious pack

2015-7-11

-Big update for the Basic Lasses pack: added two new hairstyles (based on the hair of a friend and a friend of a friend), did another subtlety pass on the makeup, and revised a few colors (the two extra mid-toned skin colors from the Serious pack are now included). Expect to see the new hairstyles in the Serious pack tomorrow.

2015-7-12

-Production unfortunately stalled due to laptop structural issues. Will resume when I get it back from the repair folks.

2015-7-20

-Production still halted due to laptop repairs. Expected to resume in 1-2 weeks eventually.

2016-10-22

Wow, it's been a while, hasn't it? I realize the download links have broken; Fixing that sometime today. Actual development is still stalled, as it turns out majoring in physics is a lot of work.

2016-10-24

Order-of-magnitude speaking, "in three days" is about the same as "today." In any case, the links are fixed now. Rather than use some third-party service like a sane person normie plebeian, I'm hosting them on a heavily-damaged castoff Raspberry Pi hooked up to my university's WiFi. It's not going to be there forever, but the arrangement should at least last a year or so. I apologize in advance for slow download speeds, but I doubt it will be too big of a problem since they're not large files. (The Pi will also be a pitifully easy target for DoS attacks, so I will preempt anyone thinking along those lines by saying that A) it's so inconsequential and easy to reboot it that I don't even care, and B) if you actually do break it, I'm not getting you a new one. Please find a better use of your time.)

2016-12-30

At some point my university decided to start blocking port 80 on their network without telling me, and the links broke. Apparently they don't like people hosting web servers there?
Rather than learn anything about staying in the IT department's favor from this, I've updated the links with my very shiny, very own new domain, and a very not-shiny nonstandard port. It will do for now.
It occurs to me that I could've just been using github all this time, so I might look into that next.

Updated license to CC-BY. I think I'm allowed to do that, right?

Licencia de Creative Commons

@GreeningGalaxy Unfortunately, it seems like the server is wiped and the files don't appear to be available. Does anyone happen to have to zips?

Here are the various texture packs I've collected and which the license allows me to redistribute:

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/TexturePacks

I have a few others, but without a license I can't post them:

• SCART91
  • Shaw-Extended Sylith's Kerbal heads pack
  • GregroxMun's CrappySuits

If you can point me to a license for the above, I'd be happy to post.

Also, I'd like any files which aren't generally available anymore, so I can add them to this

3 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Here are the various texture packs I've collected and which the license allows me to redistribute:

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/TexturePacks

I have a few others, but without a license I can't post them:

• SCART91
  • Shaw-Extended Sylith's Kerbal heads pack
  • GregroxMun's CrappySuits

If you can point me to a license for the above, I'd be happy to post.

Also, I'd like any files which aren't generally available anymore, so I can add them to this

Thank you so much! Unfortunately, my KSP backup directories were all wiped out, so I'm kinda starting from zero.

Hi,

is there anyone here that knows how I can made reflections in the visors of the helmets to be transparent so that I can see the Kerbalheads a little bit behind the reflections? actual i always see reflections on yellow/green glas only like in this image:

full-544-130066-screenshot6.png

I can not see the lovely Kerbal faces! I tryed to edit the values in

colour = 0.5 0.5 0.5

but nothing seems to be other than before - its this possible with texture replacer at the moment? Or maybe it is a conflict with EVE?

Edited by KnutG

On 12/03/2017 at 7:10 PM, Mikeloeven said:

The simplest solution is often correct i would guess he is probably using the main fork that does not support 1.2.2

@Knezz for 1.2.2 you need RangeMachine's unofficial release. The link is in the OP. delete the texture replacer folder and try reinstalling using that version

The most recent version I can find is on shaw's github, crediting @RangeMachine but it was released back in april 2016, almost a full year ago. Is this the release you are talking about?

Edited by Errol

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.