[1.8-1.12] TextureReplacer 4.5.3 (8.2.2022)

shaw

Hello,

An interesting compatibility problem has recently turned up between TextureReplacer and IndicatorLights.  The symptom is that when TextureReplacer is installed, IndicatorLights parts show up with flat black textures on them.

Discussion here:

...There was a similar TextureReplacer / IndicatorLights compatibility problem back when IL was new, that was solved by adding a compatibility patch, and the two were working together fine for a long time.  However, recently it seems to have gotten broken again.

As far as I can tell, I haven't made any changes to IL in the last year that would have affected this at all, so I'm guessing that either TextureReplacer made some sort of change that re-introduced the problem (perhaps I need to update my compatibility patch?), or else KSP itself made some change that may have broken the compatibility.

I'm guessing this is a recent issue, but it's unclear just when it cropped up.

Was just wondering:  does anyone here know of anything specific that may have changed in TextureReplacer in recent months that could have caused this?  Is there any chance it's a TR bug?  Or do I need to update the TR compatibility patch in IndicatorLights?  Something else?  (Details in the post linked above).

Any tips much appreciated!  :)

• 2 weeks later...

I play ksp 1.4.3.

Whenever I install this mod on my heavily modded install the game stops being able to load, save and launch ships from the VAB/SPH. Dragging texture replacer out of the gamedata folder and this problem goes away. This MUST be a conflict with another mod because it doesn't happen on a clean gamedata folder. I tried to troubleshoot this but I have 100+ mods so it isn't easy. I also read a few pages back but it isn't soon until I read posts from January.

Maybe @shaw knows about any conflict known to cause this behaviour. So far I can't find the other mod(s) triggering this issue with texture replacer and I prefer the other mods if texture replacer doesn't combine. All I can hope I find this other mod and hope it's sacrificial so I can still use this.

The most likely reasons are texture unloading, compression and mipmaps. Set them all to "never" in a config file. E.g. create a file "something.cfg" with the following contents and put it into GameData/TextureReplacer.

TextureReplacer
{
  isCompressionEnabled = never
  isMipmapGenEnabled = never
  isUnloadingEnabled = never
}

Hello again, folks! Good to have you back, @shaw!

With the release of KSP 1.4.4, I'm back from Cities Skylines and Crusader Kings 2... ;)

I'm in the painful phase of finding and downloading desired mods and have just tried TR3.1. I think I made it work, with the exception the heads skins. I 've renamed the folder, created the subfolders and renamed the files but, using the GUI, female heads are shown to male kerbals... Did I miss something?

Once again, thanks for the GREAT WORK!

On 6/13/2018 at 12:32 PM, Gordon Dry said:

Something was changed in the repo 4 days ago, but not compiled or released.

Dunno why KSP-AVC shows this then ...

If he updated the .version file on git hub then KSP AVC will see that and use that as the current

3 hours ago, jlcarneiro said:

Hello again, folks! Good to have you back, @shaw!

With the release of KSP 1.4.4, I'm back from Cities Skylines and Crusader Kings 2... ;)

I'm in the painful phase of finding and downloading desired mods and have just tried TR3.1. I think I made it work, with the exception the heads skins. I 've renamed the folder, created the subfolders and renamed the files but, using the GUI, female heads are shown to male kerbals... Did I miss something?

Once again, thanks for the GREAT WORK!

TR determines sex from texture names now. Check the README or OP.

I'm sorry but TextureReplacerReplaced is better. Almost none of the textures in the library even have valid links anymore, and I can't understand how to get TR to recognize kerbal heads (I still have the files for diverse kerbal heads and some GPP head textures) because your explanation makes no sense to me as someone who does not know how to make mods whereas TRR did and was more straightforward. :(

20 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

@Pavel check the config of for example Diverse Kerbal Heads.

When it says TRR you have to replace it by TR ... I hope you know what I mean ...

This doesn't work because TR reads configs, files, and file names differently than TRR and my diverse kerbal heads file was from TRR. All of the links in the OP in this thread are dead.

Edited by Pavel ☭

5 minutes ago, Trekkie148 said:

um when I loaded the game with Texture Replacer I don't see any visor reflections. Odd

If you are on 1.4.x, they don’t work. This has already been said by the devs numerous times.

10 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

As @Galileo said, also the newest repo from Dukacar has the visors not working / pink.

I was just about to ask if the reflection plugin was working but it sounds like its not? I was just about to ask if you wanted to me update WindowShine to work with your new release :D I'll wait on that thought though until reflections are up again. Its good to see you again Shaw :)

All 3.x releases from official TR have working reflections and 3.2 also has working visor relections. Tested on Linux and Windows.

Edited by shaw

1 hour ago, dafidge9898 said:

Is it possible to change the actual size of the kerbals? I play realism overhaul, and would like my kerbals to be average human height, not three feet tall. 

Thank you! 

No.

On 7/14/2018 at 9:25 PM, Gordon Dry said:

Well, it did not work for me until I use the shaders mentioned above.

KSP x64 -force-glcore TU

How it doesn't work? No visor reflections or pink visor?

What about without any additional flags (Direct3D)? Could you upload your logs?