[1.8-1.12] TextureReplacer 4.5.3 (8.2.2022)

shaw

2 hours ago, -ctn- said:

The toolbar shows up in the KSC, you must choose the suit texture of your Kerbals there. Ideally you can load 8 different textures at one time to decide which ones you like (or look at modder's images) by selecting a different suit for Jeb/Bill/Bob/Val/Pilot/Scientist/Engineer/Tourist and loading a craft with one of each onboard.

Yes that's what I did in sandbox mode to test but with only 4 kerbals (because I have only 4) and I already assigned suits from a colored suits pack (same color for same function aka pilot, engineer, scientist and tourist) but for the faces (skins) of each individual kerbal it takes a long time to choose which one to assign due to constant go/back to/from the KSC ... thus my 3 options/suggestions:

- have access to the mod not only in ksc

- beeing able to travel freely with the camera within the ksc so I can have a look on my kerbals (it's almost impossible f.e. to look at them on the launchpad)

- add a "prreview" feature on the mod itself to see what the kerbal will look like

LKS

On 5/20/2020 at 9:06 PM, LukeStrike said:

Yes that's what I did in sandbox mode to test but with only 4 kerbals (because I have only 4) and I already assigned suits from a colored suits pack (same color for same function aka pilot, engineer, scientist and tourist) but for the faces (skins) of each individual kerbal it takes a long time to choose which one to assign due to constant go/back to/from the KSC ... thus my 3 options/suggestions:

- have access to the mod not only in ksc

- beeing able to travel freely with the camera within the ksc so I can have a look on my kerbals (it's almost impossible f.e. to look at them on the launchpad)

- add a "prreview" feature on the mod itself to see what the kerbal will look like

LKS

This was possible in TRR, which IIRC was a fork of TR. Maybe that code could be merged back into TR?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/27/2020 at 12:43 PM, WallHaxx said:

If you are still active, @Omega482, can you tell me if this is broken or something? I dropped the folder in suits but it won't let me apply it to the vintage suit. The buttons are greyed out. I can apply it to the standard suit like that guy did, but that obviously doesn't work.

Just wanted to bump this, since I'm having the same problem. I can load the texture onto the default suit, but if I switch to the Vintage suit, it doesn't let me push the arrows.

On 6/22/2020 at 9:23 AM, JEF_300 said:

Just wanted to bump this, since I'm having the same problem. I can load the texture onto the default suit, but if I switch to the Vintage suit, it doesn't let me push the arrows.

I think the folder name has to be 'foldername.V' for vintage, 'foldername' for normal and 'foldername.F' for futuristic. Not sure if capitalization is important or not.

Edited by DirtyFace83
Correction of info

22 hours ago, DirtyFace83 said:

I think the folder name has to be 'foldername.v' for vintage, 'foldername' for normal and 'foldername.f' for futuristic. Not sure if capitalization is important or not.

It does have to be capitalized, but yep, that was it. Simply added ".V" to the filename, and it's working great now. Thanks!hUzNB3t.png

YPzRK1b.png

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, SkiRich said:

I feel like I'm missing something.  Maybe I'm just dense, but other than the little hangar in the crew picker is there suppose to be a GUI someplace to alter kerbal appearance?

I dont see a button or anything.

There should be a button on your toolbar in the space centre view with a mustache on it, or something to that effect.

FYI, there is a bug with version 1.10.0 in that it won't remember the choice for the new Suit Picker. After going IVA, the EVA suit will revert to default. This only happens with Texture Replacer installed.

Edited by Bombaatu

1 hour ago, Kerminator1000 said:

Is there any way to turn off hair for kerbals? I am using this mod so Spectra works but thought the hair and beards were really weird and not really my style.

You can go through the folder and remove the kerbal hair styles that you don't like and/or create your own style of kerbals using the templates that are provided here: https://github.com/ducakar/TextureReplacer-pack

Does anyone have experience re-texturing the parachute backpack in 1.9?  I pulled the backpack texture, "backpack_Diff" using UABE and did some light edits, but when adding it into my suit, the UV mapping doesn't match, which suggests that is the wrong texture.

Spoiler

VDvIVCZ.jpg?1

On 7/2/2020 at 4:04 AM, Bombaatu said:

FYI, there is a bug with version 1.10.0 in that it won't remember the choice for the new Suit Picker. After going IVA, the EVA suit will revert to default. This only happens with Texture Replacer installed.

Actually, it's an old bug. Both clothes hanger and TR change can suit type and it can lead to conflicts. It's listed first under Known Issues.

On 7/5/2020 at 7:39 AM, shaw said:

Actually, it's an old bug. Both clothes hanger and TR change can suit type and it can lead to conflicts. It's listed first under Known Issues.

If users just avoid the clothes hanger and only use TR that should avoid any conflicts right?

3 hours ago, Saybur Stuff said:

If users just avoid the clothes hanger and only use TR that should avoid any conflicts right?

Not really, there are still 2 scene reloads necessary when you change suit type in TR. I don't know why and how to fix it, but KSP picks us the new model only after the second scene load. The clothes hanger obviously uses some other trick to switch suits.

@shaw, I think there is a bug in way that the backpack texture is being replaced in TR.  It seems that the entire UV space is mapped out on a 1 pixel wide map.  I made a 2048 x 2048 map and after testing, made the first 2046 pixels all white and the remaining selected colors.  I tested this both in the 1.09 and 1.10 versions of TR with their respective versions of KSP.

Spoiler

LLp4oa7.jpg?1

slvB4RJ.png

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Drupegod02 said:

how do i make the helmet visor into something like this?:

https://imgur.com/a/4BmORwR

In Photoshop/Gimp, make a small square texture 64x64 should be fine and color it a gold color.  If you want to be able to see their faces slightly when zoomed in, add a bit of transparency and save it as a png file called EVAvisor.  If you are using a suit pack, place the png in each of the suits you are using.  If you are using the default suits, but just want to alter the visor, you will want to follow these directions about creating the correct folder structure, but it should look something like C:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TextureReplacer\Suits\Drupegod02\GoldVisor\

https://github.com/ducakar/TextureReplacer/blob/master/README.md#instructions

You won't need to do a full custom suit, just the visor.  Lastly, you will want to make sure that you turn on reflections both in the TextureReplacer options, but also within the game settings.

18 hours ago, hemeac said:

In Photoshop/Gimp, make a small square texture 64x64 should be fine and color it a gold color.  If you want to be able to see their faces slightly when zoomed in, add a bit of transparency and save it as a png file called EVAvisor.  If you are using a suit pack, place the png in each of the suits you are using.  If you are using the default suits, but just want to alter the visor, you will want to follow these directions about creating the correct folder structure, but it should look something like C:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TextureReplacer\Suits\Drupegod02\GoldVisor\

https://github.com/ducakar/TextureReplacer/blob/master/README.md#instructions

You won't need to do a full custom suit, just the visor.  Lastly, you will want to make sure that you turn on reflections both in the TextureReplacer options, but also within the game settings.

Wait I have to paste the png in each suit's folder? now I am curious 

Edit: NVM just saw you said to put in each folder

Also, can I replace the default suits's visors with this?

Edited by Neil Kermstrong

32 minutes ago, Neil Kermstrong said:

Also, can I replace the default suits's visors with this?

While I haven't tested replacing ONLY the visor, there should be no reason that you couldn't.  If you just create something like

TextureReplacer\Neil\Default\evavisor.png 

that should be enough to use the default textures and only replace the visor other than you would need to specify the "suit" in the settings.  If you also use the vintage and future suits, you would then also create two additional folders with the visor:

TextureReplacer\Neil\Default.V\evavisor.png and TextureReplacer\Neil\Default.F\evavisor.png 

You can also get fairly detailed.  In  a shameless plug, you can also define suits for specific classes and also the levels.  I went a bit overboard and added some "aging/dirt" to my suits as my kerbals levelled up.  This can give you an idea of what you can do with the suits.

Edited by hemeac
Shameless plug

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.