[1.8-1.12] TextureReplacer 4.5.3 (8.2.2022)

shaw

57 minutes ago, hemeac said:

While I haven't tested replacing ONLY the visor, there should be no reason that you couldn't.  If you just create something like

TextureReplacer\Neil\Default\evavisor.png 

that should be enough to use the default textures and only replace the visor other than you would need to specify the "suit" in the settings.  If you also use the vintage and future suits, you would then also create two additional folders with the visor:

TextureReplacer\Neil\Default.V\evavisor.png and TextureReplacer\Neil\Default.F\evavisor.png 

You can also get fairly detailed.  In  a shameless plug, you can also define suits for specific classes and also the levels.  I went a bit overboard and added some "aging/dirt" to my suits as my kerbals levelled up.  This can give you an idea of what you can do with the suits.

Thanks, now the visors are working :)

btw your suits look cool but I don't have the vintage suit (if I had I'd get your suits)

Is there any way to disable the suit-replacing function of TextureReplacer? I like the stock 1.10.x suit picker and TR tends to fight with that by reverting suits back to the TR selection. But I also like diverse Kerbal heads - it just isn't Jeb without the gray handlebar mustache that makes him look like the wild-man he is.

1 hour ago, Bombaatu said:

Is there any way to disable the suit-replacing function of TextureReplacer? I like the stock 1.10.x suit picker and TR tends to fight with that by reverting suits back to the TR selection. But I also like diverse Kerbal heads - it just isn't Jeb without the gray handlebar mustache that makes him look like the wild-man he is.

Yes, at the bottom of the GUI.

3 hours ago, Bombaatu said:

That's where you change the suits in TR; I'm wanting to completely disable TR doing anything to the suits & just use the stock control.

Look again. It's exactly what you want. Unless you're using TR < 4.2.

Hi to all!! i've made a new suits for my Kerbals but i can't change the visors to a golden ones, i'm trying to change the default visors btw. If i use a TR suit there's no problem, but with the default...i'm stuck on that. Can someone send me a PM and tell how to do that (i don't want to fill the post with questions). Thank you guys!YCimtQ2.png

yC6SiF8.png

42 minutes ago, Paperboy said:

Hi to all!! i've made a new suits for my Kerbals but i can't change the visors to a golden ones, i'm trying to change the default visors btw. If i use a TR suit there's no problem, but with the default...i'm stuck on that. Can someone send me a PM and tell how to do that (i don't want to fill the post with questions). Thank you guys!YCimtQ2.png

yC6SiF8.png

Have you tried just placing the visor by itself in a "suit" folder?  That was my untested suggestion to another user (with a bit more detail) which you can see on the previous page, but I haven't tested it and I don't think they every got back if it was successful.  BTW, suits and skins look great

Edited by hemeac

19 minutes ago, hemeac said:

Have you tried just placing the visor by itself in a "suit" folder?  That was my untested suggestion to another user (with a bit more detail) which you can see on the previous page, but I haven't tested it and I don't think they every got back if it was successful.  BTW, suits and skins look great

Yes i tried to make a new folder (GameData\TextureReplacer\Suits\Golden\Default\EVAvisor.png) and doesn't works for me, still the same visor. i've tried with the futuristic  and same succes as before. I need that golden visor on my suit!! XDD

19 hours ago, Paperboy said:

Yes i tried to make a new folder (GameData\TextureReplacer\Suits\Golden\Default\EVAvisor.png) and doesn't works for me, still the same visor. i've tried with the futuristic  and same succes as before. I need that golden visor on my suit!! XDD

I just tested it myself and I was able to get it to work and your folder structure appears to be correct, so I am not quite sure what is going wrong for you.  Just in case you have an unknown typo somewhere, I have created a zipfile that has the structure that worked for me.  It has a colored visor that I have used for my own suits, not quite the golden color you are looking for.  Google Drive Link to EVAVisorExample.zip

2 hours ago, hemeac said:

I just tested it myself and I was able to get it to work and your folder structure appears to be correct, so I am not quite sure what is going wrong for you.  Just in case you have an unknown typo somewhere, I have created a zipfile that has the structure that worked for me.  It has a colored visor that I have used for my own suits, not quite the golden color you are looking for.  Google Drive Link to EVAVisorExample.zip

Well it probably worked from the beginning, but I didn’t understand how TRR worked. I finally discovered by tinkering with the TRR menu that two new folders have been created that change the visor to the one I want. The default suit template is correct, but if I use the futuristic suite the template changes and the textures are different. Some pics to understand what i wnt to say...

7a6q05j.png

This is the template I’ve been working with and does not seem to match the one above, but my suit looks good.

zfUEsie.png

This is how looks after all...

eatCBho.png

what i'm doing wrong? i don't understand what happen wiht the Futuristic suits....ty

43 minutes ago, Paperboy said:

Well it probably worked from the beginning, but I didn’t understand how TRR worked. I finally discovered by tinkering with the TRR menu that two new folders have been created that change the visor to the one I want. The default suit template is correct, but if I use the futuristic suite the template changes and the textures are different. Some pics to understand what i wnt to say...

7a6q05j.png

This is the template I’ve been working with and does not seem to match the one above, but my suit looks good.

zfUEsie.png

This is how looks after all...

eatCBho.png

what i'm doing wrong? i don't understand what happen wiht the Futuristic suits....ty

That template looks like it is from the 1.10 custom suit addon.  The UV mapping for the 1.10 custom suit is different than the "standard" suits, which are the ones used by Texture Replacer, so they aren't really interchangeable, or at least to my knowledge.  For my suits, I ended up pulling the textures I wanted from KSP using UABE (https://github.com/DerPopo/UABE).  The notes from TextureReplacer should help give some notes about the file names to look for. 

1 hour ago, Paperboy said:

what i'm doing wrong? i don't understand what happen wiht the Futuristic suits.

I just had the same effect. Disabling "Personalise suits" in the TextureReplacer menu helped. I haven't looked at it further, spending too much time on a suit texture :)

Spoiler

This only a test, I added the wireframe layer on top if it. I just always wanted to see a dark visor in space ;)

lmjSp66.jpg

Edited by HansAcker

1 hour ago, hemeac said:

That template looks like it is from the 1.10 custom suit addon.  The UV mapping for the 1.10 custom suit is different than the "standard" suits, which are the ones used by Texture Replacer, so they aren't really interchangeable, or at least to my knowledge.  For my suits, I ended up pulling the textures I wanted from KSP using UABE (https://github.com/DerPopo/UABE).  The notes from TextureReplacer should help give some notes about the file names to look for. 

Ok! Now I understand why it doesn’t work. I will try to do what you said and extract the textures I need. Anyway if anyone has the futuristic suite template please send it to me. Thank you Hemeac!!

7 hours ago, Paperboy said:

Ok! Now I understand why it doesn’t work. I will try to do what you said and extract the textures I need. Anyway if anyone has the futuristic suite template please send it to me. Thank you Hemeac!!  

You can base it off of Green Skull Revived.

For RSS, RO and/or RP1 players (or just ppl that want kerbals to look "more human").

I was able to repair the original (2013?) HumanColoredFaces (Version 1 for Kerbal Space Program 1.1.2) files so they work.I also have the newer (2016?) "HumanColoredHeadsRecoloredv0.2"  I uploaded to Degoo:

Original (fixed): https://cloud.degoo.com/share/P1qaLmpW53tyOu

recolored (with alot more heads):ExHgrOpJhIHipxziaO1hIz1omRa9https://cloud.degoo.com/share/ziaO1hIz1omRa9 

Watch the cfg's.. they might be abit OLD (as they seem to be based off same "parent" images)

ALSO, due to seeing the post above mine... I remembered I found the "full MEGA-Pack-v0.38", has ALL the original (not the new revived) GreenSkull mod files for TextureReplacer (main and alternate), as all links to it are "dead" here:

GreenSkull's Full MEGA-Pack-v0.38: 1i13K9gOaSTl13https://cloud.degoo.com/share/1i13K9gOaSTl13

NOTE: these arnt my mods! I only use them, and returning to RP1 (master) in KSP 1.8.1 I found them either with dead links or "broken" files (headers for the images). No harm intended, only access to good "unmaintained (?) modsTested Last night, September 9th of 2020, to work fine. No image is damaged or displays with artifacts. On KSP v1.8.1 full RP1/RO master branch installs, all suggested and part mods

Spoiler

but: (Plus I few extras like KAS/KIS/Infernal Robotics for RO, textures & planning tools, etc)

RP1 mods, incase it matters:

Optional/Replaced: (There are 4 "major" options)

- "Principia" (I fly alot of planes in RP1, and it causes issues with them, plus its "too much", replaced with simpler "Persistent Rotation" mod)

- TAC Life Support (I use Kerbalism)

- Test Flight (I use Test Lite)

- Remote Tech (I use Real Antennas)

Mods with MM Errors/Etc in v1.8.1:

- "Niche Parts" "Real Engines" & "Forgotten Real Engines" (All give MM errors & all RO/RP1 supported parts from each is in RO now anyways),

- "RocketSoundEnhancement-additional-effects" (MM errors as has 2 broken cfg's)

The Mod I dont really like:

- "CollisionFX-Updated" (I dont like it, thats all)

Can someone re-upload these and link them in OP?

Edit: see next post many issues encountered over time, blah blah, boring, the "good stuff" is below

Edited by Guest
expanded info

Finally something that I got working on KSP v1.8.1, with RSS, RO and RP1 v1.6, (for ksp 1.8 master and/or dev branches of RO/RP1 as per RP1 wiki suggestion, if that matters). As it seems that for the somewhat "mature" RSS, RO & RP1 mods families "biggest" missing realism component (imho) is the visuals of astronauts/cosmonauts bodies and suits, as the old "Green Skull Inc" mega pack, with the Kerbal States & Koviet Union textures, uses the old suit templates and all the "suits, accessories & heads/faces" changed how cfg files/location (?) handle them it seems... Plus I'm no artist.

2 Frustrating issues: (well 3, is there an app to do this so I can see the rotating 3D model update "live", while editing the png/dds image file?)

- Gene (but better) in mission control main scene oddness (albinism), I dont get it, file is fixed, he is good in "pop up images" but not in his "mission control" scene image) 

- Getting kerbals to spawn helmetless in IVA suits below the Armstrong Limit (0.617 atmospheres aka 6.25 kPa or 0.906 psi) or about 16,000 meters to 18,000 meters (thats 16km to 18km or 10 to 11 miles) above sea level

Also setting all sub-orbital command modules (aka plane cockpits) to use a "special/set" IVA suits is a thing (i want to use 2, a Mark IV model 3 & MIG-15 "pressurized flight suits"), but file names in RP1 can be hard(er) to find due to their naming/renaming... anyone know a mod to use as example of how its done "IRL"?

Lots & lots...& LOTS of "@'s" in this post, sorry, but I dont want ppl think I'm claiming their work as my own.

As all this work was/is the product of other ppl, so credit to them.

I ONLY EDITED STUFF, the only original works by me are a TR cfg and readme text doc... plus I'm working on suit icons/light colours and an MM patch for them & trimming a portratstats icons cfg & icons to base 3, plus tourist just in case) 

J1Gc6gy.pngE115wKa.png

Tada: My unskilled edits, to kerbals (original: HumanColoredFaces & HumanColoredHeadsRecolored by @GregroxMun & edited by @Errol, they did great jobs on them! but Gene in main Mission Control eludes me..) and suits (original: KSP2 SpaceSuit recreation) @Chubby_Hamster), for RSS, RO and RP1, see more detailed post in RP1 release thread

Special thanks to @Jiraiyah (Green Skull Revived, original by @Green Skull) & especially @hemeac (Kiwi Suits, etc etc), respectfully, for giving me a chance at seeing, & helping in understanding (sorta), the new file structure, templates and cfg "wording" examples from their releases, without which I couldnt apply them right after KSP v1.5 kerbal's suit changes.

Yes logo's are slightly off on crest badge area, .... I'll fix it asap

I made nothing.... edited it all like the post says... I NEED YOUR ADVISE AND/OR HELP @hemeac

Plan on:

- a few additional suits for "look a likes" for 1950's to 1980's eras (see other thread/post)

- make (well just stamp a NASA/CCCP logo middle and a flag on each end) 2 custom kerbal EVA parachute backpacks & canopies (1 each for NASA & CCCP)

- and atleast 2 RCS packs & Cargo backpacks, 1 NASA & 1 CCCP, the map can be as stock, I only wish to recolor & logo them to match suits. 

A better CCCP space agency logo (Vostok 1 "Man in Space" patch temp stand in), I cant locate anything other than the USSR seal, their mission patches & the 90's "Roscosmos" logo (or later).

Stoping stuff from mirroring would be nice (messes up how clean my "stamped on" flags & logo's look.

I can add portrait stats 

If your good at this stuff (like your lol'ing cause I had a hard time) I am willing to "gift" 5 usd for assistance in colouring these png/dds templates and exporting them all as dds.

Also having Gene Kermin issues, not burnt/bloody looking, thats fixed but he is albino.... BUT only in mission control main scene, not pop-ups.

@Jiraiyah had neat MM patches "MM_Portrait_Stats_PATCH" & "MM_SUIT_COLOR_PATCH" cfg's (that 2nd one, for colors, is so neat!)... & @hemeac has a "KiwiSuitsPortraitStats" cgf plus provided me access to "canopy_Diff.dds" (from his kiwi suits mod, to use as template..PS awesome work!)  & both of them had examples of using icons on suits, maybe I can use base suits and use "tiny icons" as nation and agency logos/patches.. to prevent the mirroring of my "stamped on" ones?.

I need templates for:

- EVA parachute backpack (backpack_Diff.dds/png)... I know @hemeac has this (cough, wink-wink) lol 

- EVA cargo backpack (cargoContainerPack_diffuse.dds/png)... would KIS or KAS have this file in it, for ease of copying, for use as template??

- EVA jetpack (EVAjetpack.dds/png)

I CURRENTLY, have no interest in making/editing the "F" futuristic or "V" vintage suits, just the standard one (as everyone with base, no expansions, ksp has access to it)

Am i allowed to package and release the "head/suits pack" in full? Like I truly did not make anything "new". But the current states of RSS/RO/RP1 being released for KSP 1.8.1 and all the "old texture pack" mods being unmaintained/not updated kinda limited me to trying to "remake them with bits and bobs" of other peoples work and some edits (or live with stock visuals on my kerbals). 

Edited by Guest
so many grammar & spelling errors edited, credit added

Public Service Announcement: IVA & EVA "Component location Map" with text lables (original image is 4096x4096 16m PGN file) If you take an image of this it MUST BE MIRRORED VERTICALLY IF SAVED OR CONVERTED TO DDS 

Components are taken from "bright" easily deconstructed images bt @GregroxMun, @Chubby_Hamster, @hemeac, @ACIsabelle (spacedock user, cant find on forums)

Some of this may need to be relabeled (I'm using this to learn).
Note: Largest
unlabeled part is Helmet, the "top" and "1 side that will mirror to other side" (Grey) (side will mirror images/text, on "mirrored side")
Note: If something has "2 of them" on model, but only "1 in the template" it will be "mirrored" to "non-present in image counterpart in game"
 (side will mirror images/text, as above)
Crossed "grey lines" on "back of shirt" represent backpack strap location on model in game

"Hole" in "L.Arm Sleeve" represents "L.Arm patch" location
"Bar of brighter yellow on "Pant Legs" represents "side stitching" where fabric joins when "wrapped around leg") 
"Center chest medal" appears just below "zipper fob (black circle)" of "shirt collar" (which is also front top of chest, over "chest strap" part of backpack straps
"L.chest name plate" appears just above "chest strap" part of "backpack straps", on left
"Strap clips" appear on straps,
unsure on if they are in "order", perhaps top left in pic = top left of where it goes on straps? I will check eventually
"Rank patch" appears on (as pictured) "backpack straps" over "chest strap" part of backpack straps, on right (as pictured)
"Grey Line" with slight curve and "raised center line/section" along its length appears to be part of "suit collar"

I am not sure what "black/grey circle with white dashes around circumference represents (I think its related to helmet/Visor (perhaps? directly infront/behind head? or related to "neck ring"?)
I am also not sure what the "light grey/dark grey circle with a gold "C" in center represents (
perhaps? part of boot, maybe the "top rim" where it meets pants?)

KK9v9un.png

WARNING I HAVE YET TO ID 100% OF COMPONENTS! Some of this could be slightly mislabeled!

Note that the level of detail possible is truthfully STELLAR (pun)! Honestly, look at the original artists "L.chest patch" EMBROIDERED STITCHING ON SHIRT PATCH! 

I suggest Paint.net to work with these files formats, convert between them and is well feature documented online (aka how too's), its 100% free and can handle complex tasks.

For working on files in batches (for format conversions, mirroring, resizing "in bulk") I suggest XnConvert (same reasons as paint.net)

I'm totally skill-less and I can make a suit... so you can too!

Note: MY LABEL TEXT,on this image, will NOT appear on model in game

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, Aazard said:

Public Service Announcement: IVA & EVA "Component location Map" with text lables (original image is 4096x4096 16m PGN file) If you take an image of this it MUST BE MIRRORED VERTICALLY IF SAVED OR CONVERTED TO DDS 

Components are taken from "bright" easily deconstructed images bt @GregroxMun, @Chubby_Hamster, @hemeac, @ACIsabelle (spacedock user, cant find on forums)

Some of this may need to be relabeled (I'm using this to learn)

KK9v9un.png

WARNING I HAVE YET TO ID 100% OF COMPONENTS! Some of this could be slightly mislabeled!

Note that the level of detail possible is truthfully STELLAR (pun)! I suggest Paint.net to work with these files formats, convert between them and is well feature documented online (aka how too's), its 100% free and can handle complex tasks.

For working on files in batches (for format conversions, mirroring, resizing "in bulk") I suggest XnConvert (same reasons as paint.net)

I'm totally skill-less and I can make a suit... so you can too!

I think it's better to use Photoshop.

19 minutes ago, Chubby_Hamster said:

I think it's better to use Photoshop.

If your buying me photoshop... I'll use it lol.

Its a $250 USD program. (and 2x more in Canada, my nation)

Paint.net is 100% free and If you need more Photoshop like power GIMP with the right plugins should match it (and its also 100% free).

I'm also not really an "artist", in any way lol so spending while learning is freaky  

ps @Chubby_Hamster see the difference having a correct template had for me? (it was not huge lol)  

Edited by Guest

54 minutes ago, Aazard said:

If your buying me photoshop... I'll use it lol.

Its a $250 USD program. (and 2x more in Canada, my nation)

Paint.net is 100% free and If you need more Photoshop like power GIMP with the right plugins should match it (and its also 100% free).

I'm also not really an "artist", in any way lol so spending while learning is freaky  

ps @Chubby_Hamster see the difference having a correct template had for me? (it was not huge lol)  

Oh, sorry, I just downloaded it from a torrent

Honest Feedback please, negative or positive is fine, I'd like to improve

WARNING NOTE: Delete old version 1st, there have been file structure changes

HumanStuff v1.0.2 "Freedom/Vostok One - Go For Launch"

Is Live!

HumanStuff v1.0.2
  - Added "Do it yourself" suit and head templates (both as correctly oriented PNG/DDS, Heads 1024x1024 16M, Suits 4096x4096 16M)
  - Added more faces/heads to least represented skin tones
  - Now using GitHub has a desktop app

Spoiler

My personal featured addition: YF-86-D Test Pilot High Altitude Pressure Flight Suit

Spoiler

8Ltu1Do.png

NOTES:

1. Yes I am continuing to work on "kbGeneKerman_head" file in default folder, I can not see the issue, I will attempt to make new head from a transparent canvas and see it that helps.
  2. I will attempt to racially diversify KSC ground crew as requested, I'm sorry as the common answer goes "I didnt notice until you mentioned it". I believe there are 3 or 4 "heads" used, all male.. I will attempt to add a female as well (but that might just not be possible).
  3. Cfg file edits are underway to see what I can do for "realism" of "suit spawn" in given situations: NOTE: Not sure if I can specify a temp range

- IVA/No helmet: Survivable temp range. breathable atmo, pressure over 0.6ATM, DONE/SET (other than temp) under testing (these are only 2 "lines" total, so far)

- IVA/helmet: Survivable temp range. breathable atmo, pressure NOT over 0.6ATM, DONE/SET (other than temp) under testing

- EVA/helmet: Not a Survivable temp range. NOT breathable atmo AND/OR pressure NOT over 0.6ATM, DONE/SET (other than temp) under testing

- so on, so on... I wont list them all... we all roughly know when/where is reasonable for what

* I will be making to make edits to my local copy, then to the master repo.. to be doing a release after each successful "its not screwed up" test.

I will release newer version when I have added:

Suits:

- SK-1 IEVA (Vostok Programme, female suit, but otherwise identical is called "SK-2"),  @Chubby_Hamster submission (Not done, Stand in suit present)

- Apollo A7L suits, outer = EVA, Inner = IVA, @Chubby_Hamster submission (Not done, BUT outer "EVA" suit is done & in pack already)

- Break "Do it yourself" Suit template into separate "component/section" templates, for every independent component:
To allow editing/saving of custom "assets/parts" to build custom suits (I cant find anything like this, so I will do it myself and release it with mod pack, same for faces.

Heads/Faces:

- Add 4 "head hairstyle templates" (for both male & female) as "drop in" layers, for the face/head templates

- Add 1, of each style, "Facial Hair Templates", I'll try for 1 each of hair colour, as drop in" layers, for the face/head templates

- Add "old female heads" to each skin tone, plus old female hair & features template, as drop in" layers, for the face/head templates

- Age range: make 1 each "aging" drop-in "layer addition", for both male and female, to make 3 age ranges.
Normal face = A face + Non-grey(ing) hair.
Mid Aged Face: A face + Grey(ing) hair AND/OR Aging
Old Face= A face, + Grey(ing) hair + Aging"

- Fix "kbGeneKerman_head" file (its effecting ground crews) and attempt to "diversify" races/genders of ground crew (I may not ever be able to make them female, unsure ATM)

Cfg overhaul:

- Explore what "useful" (imho, to this pack) addition functions possible with cfg's for TR

Enjoy! PS I cant believe I can even pull this off

WARNING NOTE: Delete old version 1st, there have been file structure changes

Edited by Guest

"Build A Kerbal" workshop in HumanStuff mod

100% Free to use, just credit original authors of any assets under the terms of their release licences, if applicable/allowed of course

The "I used to be a roadie for Motley Crew" Full facial hair with "That 1981 Salt & Pepper" shag, from HumanStuff Face templates, White Human Male Template Preview: (Images are PNG, 1024x1024, 16M, Correct PGN orintation, with Transparent canvases for ease of construction). 

I will attempt to:

• "HR" (Reflections: 265x256, Faces: 1024x1024, Suits/Skybox: 4096x4096 as DDS) <-- current format used
  • "SR" (Reflections:128x128, Faces: 512x512, Suits/Skybox: 2048x2048 as DDS)
  • "LR" (Reflections: 64x64, Faces: 256x256, Suits/Skybox: 1024x1024 as DDS)

my whole mode pack, just in case ram and/or space, etc.. is an issue for some users. As the master is creeping up to 100mb zipped, and 700mb unzipped.

Images need cleaning and optimization before release, I'll add the 1st "ready/complete template set" (1 male/1 female) to the master now 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Spoiler

White skin tone male face (pre "cleaning")

Y9k8w67.png

White skin tone male, eye sockets (mid "off key tone", mid alpha reduced) Lips will be similar when I get them right

NQH8M7r.png

Male Hair, Full Roadie in Salt & Pepper

0eJnK9U.png

Optional: White "Aging" features (just "off key" to normal skin tone, may need alpha reduced in 2nd pass)

GvZ5KnH.png

"I used to be a roadie, now I have to nuke this doomsday asteroid...cause that will 100% work"

Edited by Guest
added labels, completed edit to match original in other thread

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.