[1.8-1.12] TextureReplacer 4.5.3 (8.2.2022)

shaw

6 hours ago, ZedMC said:

Is it already available on 1.1 ?

Pre-release beta only, probably works, but if you want to hold out for a more final 1.1, then no.

26 minutes ago, bradwiggo said:

I got an error saying I had the 1.1 version, how do I get the 1.0.5 version. 

Go here, download the right one.

13 minutes ago, ZedMC said:

@Alshain That's still takes a long time right? My game automatically updated to 1.1 on steam, i forgot to turn off automatic updater, so, i can't play with TextureReplacer for now, i might have to remove it.

one of many good reasons to buy this game from the store instead of steam...

But I think uninstalling TextureReplacer on your 1.1 until the mod gets patched shouldn't be a problem. Just make sure to reinstall it when it's ready to enjoy all it's awesomeness!

Edited by Schmonzo

On 20.4.2016 at 9:42 AM, ZedMC said:

@Alshain That's still takes a long time right? My game automatically updated to 1.1 on steam, i forgot to turn off automatic updater, so, i can't play with TextureReplacer for now, i might have to remove it.

If you check your ksp setting in your steam library you are able to get back to version 1.05. I'll glaly provide some screenshots for you. :)

Is it possible to make multi-layer skyboxes? Such as have a basic starfield for a background then add on nebular clouds, These layers would have features such as rotation speed so for example you could have nebula clouds that slowly move through the sky...

@Sekonda

in texture replacer there is a file folder named Default put the 6 images, normally named GalaxyTex_NegativeX.dds and others included with the skybox into the Default folder...done

Sometimes there is a folder named EnvMap included in the skybox, put those 6 images in the folder named EnvMap in texture replacer....double done

5 hours ago, Andem said:

Does anyone have a set of Templates I can use to get started? Thanks!

what do you mean by templates?

If you mean suits/ faces/ skyboxes/ planet textures then everything you need is in the OP

Edited by Berlin

14 hours ago, Benti said:

If you check your ksp setting in your steam library you are able to get back to version 1.05. I'll glaly provide some screenshots for you. :)

Nah, no thanks, i'm fine with 1.1, just have to wait for TextureReplacer to update :wink:

9 hours ago, daniel l. said:

Is it possible to make multi-layer skyboxes? Such as have a basic starfield for a background then add on nebular clouds, These layers would have features such as rotation speed so for example you could have nebula clouds that slowly move through the sky...

+1 I'd like to see that too! 

14 minutes ago, TG_bigboss said:

Using the prerelease version I'm getting an out of memory issues. Worked the past few days but with 1.1 release not so much. Now I wait :) i can post logs if needed too.

You probably better post logs for that one.  Are you sure you're running the x64 version of 1.1?

I always used this mod to replace my skybox and my navball with textures of my own design. Now the skybox is changed correctly, but I seem to be stuck with the stock navball. Exactly the same file setup as in previous versions of Texture Replacer, but the navball won't change. What can I do to fix this?

I'm happy about the skybox working, though.

10 hours ago, Cetera said:

You probably better post logs for that one.  Are you sure you're running the x64 version of 1.1?

yea, but I guess steam can make up its mind on using 32 or 64 because it just loaded fine no issues...is there a way to force 64bit without the need to right click, launch 64bit ksp. 

4 minutes ago, TG_bigboss said:

yea, but I guess steam can make up its mind on using 32 or 64 because it just loaded fine no issues...is there a way to force 64bit without the need to right click, launch 64bit ksp. 

If you launch directly from STEAM (click the "Play" button), a small window should pop up asking if you want to launch KSP or KSP x64 version.  Just select the x64 and click ok and it'll launch.

Edited by Ignath

4 hours ago, Ignath said:

If you launch directly from STEAM (click the "Play" button), a small window should pop up asking if you want to launch KSP or KSP x64 version.  Just select the x64 and click ok and it'll launch.

This is exactly opposite, by the way.  By default when running 1.1, Steam should launch the 64-bit client by default, and the 32-bit should be the secondary option.

8 hours ago, White Owl said:

I always used this mod to replace my skybox and my navball with textures of my own design. Now the skybox is changed correctly, but I seem to be stuck with the stock navball. Exactly the same file setup as in previous versions of Texture Replacer, but the navball won't change. What can I do to fix this?

I'm happy about the skybox working, though.

TextureReplacer hasn't been updated by Shaw for 1.1 yet.  There is a fix to make the plugins work in 1.1, but the plugins and configurations are the same as they were in 1.0.5.  However, Squad rewrote the UI from the ground up in 1.1.  The current navball is a completely different element than it was in 1.0.5, so texture replacer doesn't do anything with it.  Shaw or someone else will have to figure out the new implementation and how to take it over and replace it.  Until that happens, it won't work.

Currently, the 1.0.5 version of TextureReplacer modified to work with 1.1 will replace suit textures, kerbal textures, skyboxes, and planetary textures.  Those really didn't change.  However, the lighting, reflections, etc, are all different in Unity 5, and will need to be figured out and reworked when Shaw has some time to do it.  

Copied my own post from KSPRC thread since idk if this something to do with TextureReplacer 1.1 pre-release version and/or something went wrong with old configs/textures. I know also that TR is not officially updated to 1.1 yet so ignore this if needed.

"I should maybe ask this in Texture Replacer thread but since i got this error from 0.5 ksprc textures i'll just leave it here too. Several game crashes while doing Mun mission. I'm using Texture Replacer Pre-release version for 1.1 so anyone knows what is there anyway i can fix this? Thanks! :)

[OD] ERROR: getting pixelColD with unloaded map TextureReplacer/Default/NewMunSurfaceMapDiffuse.dds of path TextureReplacer/Default/NewMunSurfaceMapDiffuse.dds, autoload = True

Edited by Murdox

9 hours ago, Cetera said:

This is exactly opposite, by the way.  By default when running 1.1, Steam should launch the 64-bit client by default, and the 32-bit should be the secondary option.

It changed somewhere in the last day or so for a bunch of people (myself included). x64 is now the *secondary* option for launching KSP. I had do put the exe in the launch options manually.

5 hours ago, Beetlecat said:

It changed somewhere in the last day or so for a bunch of people (myself included). x64 is now the *secondary* option for launching KSP. I had do put the exe in the launch options manually.

You are absolutely correct.  I stand corrected.  I hadn't launched it in a bit, but tonight I noticed exactly what you are talking about.  Thanks for the update.

11 hours ago, Murdox said:

Copied my own post from KSPRC thread since idk if this something to do with TextureReplacer 1.1 pre-release version and/or something went wrong with old configs/textures. I know also that TR is not officially updated to 1.1 yet so ignore this if needed.

"I should maybe ask this in Texture Replacer thread but since i got this error from 0.5 ksprc textures i'll just leave it here too. Several game crashes while doing Mun mission. I'm using Texture Replacer Pre-release version for 1.1 so anyone knows what is there anyway i can fix this? Thanks! :)

[OD] ERROR: getting pixelColD with unloaded map TextureReplacer/Default/NewMunSurfaceMapDiffuse.dds of path TextureReplacer/Default/NewMunSurfaceMapDiffuse.dds, autoload = True

Is that one of the textures from a previous KSPRC version?

If so, I've had some difficulty with it myself.  I'm not sure of the cause, but I also got texture corruption with things too, and planets and maps started looking like they were in 8-bit color.  I eventually just stripped everything out of TextureReplacer except for my suit pack, a few heads I still have from previous texture installs that I'm not certain I can identify any longer, and @Poodmund's skybox.