[1.8-1.12] TextureReplacer 4.5.3 (8.2.2022)

shaw

Hello!

Longtime forum lurker and finally made an account to say how awesome this mod has been over the years. Had the game since steam first released it. Now that I can run 64 its Heavenly since I have a nice machine to run all these visual mods. I cannot for the life of me get texture replacer, to replace any suit textures.

I'm running:

1. Stock Visual Enhancements
  2. Real Plume
  3. Chatterer
  4. Scatterer
  5. Astroniki Sunflare

I've been able to replace the skybox plenty of times. I just cannot get my suits or reflective visors to work. I am using the FASA pack from Green Skull for all the historical variants. This is my 3rd clean install and I cannot for the life of me can get it to function. I haven't crashed the game, just no new suits appear.

Any help would greatly appreciated, it's the last facet I need to address so I can kick back and just enjoy playing a long career game.

8 hours ago, TK-9336 said:

I cannot for the life of me get texture replacer to replace any suit textures.

Obvious question first: have you tried clicking the TextureReplacer settings button in the toolbar in KSC? You can use the buttons in that window to assign suits. There's also an option there for the reflections; make sure it's set to "Real" (should be the default) - but they're currently broken in the official release anyway. There's a temporary build linked higher up in the thread somewhere that has working reflections, though.

Failing that, where are you putting your textures? Default suit textures should go in \GameData\TextureReplacer\Default.

If you want to assign specific suits to specific kerbals/roles, each suit should go in its own folder inside \GameData\TextureReplacer\Suits. So, if you've got 2 suits you want to name "Suit1" and "Suit2", the textures for Suit1 go in the folder "\GameData\TextureReplacer\Suits\Suit1", and the textures for Suit2 go in the folder "\GameData\TextureReplacer\Suits\Suit2".

I happened to have the GreenSkull FASA pack kicking around, so I took a quick look. Again, basic question first: did you just drag and drop the folder from that pack into your GameData folder? Because that won't work. 

For the basic three suits to work, you need to open the .zip file and navigate inside it to "FASA-Pack-v0.38\Green Skull Inc\GameData\TextureReplacer". Then select the "Default" and "Suits" folders and extract them into your "GameData\TextureReplacer" folder in your KSP install location. If you want the heads too, drag the "Heads" folder as well.

The version of Texture Replacer and the @GreenSkull.cfg file included in the .zip file are both out of date; make sure you're using the latest version of TR, and use the TR settings button in KSP to assign suits/heads.

If you've done all this stuff and it's still not working, I'm at a loss to explain it.

Edited by UnanimousCoward

Maybe this isn't the best place to ask it, but...
Where I can find the original Kerbals head and hair textures? (without opening the .asset file 'cause I do not wont to search from hundreds of textures)

or in case, can some one share 'em? 

thank you :)

On 5/17/2016 at 7:48 AM, RangeMachine said:

Finally, I restored visor reflections shader. I spent many time to find a way to render atmosphere layer, but it's no result. So it's like an old reflections, without atmosphere.

You can download updated plugin from my GitHub fork, until @shaw updating his main branch.

Reveal hidden contents

QlhWOBN.jpg

q4agQ4P.png

@Avera9eJoe Is this what you're looking for?

On 5/13/2016 at 10:23 AM, Berlin said:

Well seeing as the reflections don't work yet,  set the reflections option to None and it fixes it. Like so1YB7wHh.png

13 minutes ago, gamerscircle said:

Does this address that 'rapid" chatter mouths?

You can do this to fix the chattering mouth issue

On 5/17/2016 at 10:48 AM, RangeMachine said:

Finally, I restored visor reflections shader. I spent many time to find a way to render atmosphere layer, but it's no result. So it's like an old reflections, without atmosphere.

You can download updated plugin from my GitHub fork, until @shaw updating his main branch.

Reveal hidden contents

QlhWOBN.jpg

q4agQ4P.png

What suit pack is that EVA suit from?

20 hours ago, LaytheDragon said:

What suit pack is that EVA suit from?

KSPRC

17 hours ago, robotguy4 said:

Is it possible to add a config option to hide either the left or right eye and another to hide the pony tail?

Some poking around in the source code tells me "probably".

Since you obviously understand the source code, you could create a patch, right?

3 hours ago, shaw said:

KSPRC

Since you obviously understand the source code, you could create a patch, right?

Not saying I know it like the back of my hand or anything, but I guess I could try doing it. No promises, though.

EDIT: That was actually easier to do than I thought it would be.

KdnTDXK.png

How should I share the patch/sourcecode so people can start making space pirates?

Edited by robotguy4

That's pretty cool. However, a minor point of interest: apparently, most pirates had both eyes. The patch was to keep one eye in the dark so it would always be dark-adapted. Very useful when storming poorly lit ship holds.

9 hours ago, taniwha said:

That's pretty cool. However, a minor point of interest: apparently, most pirates had both eyes.

Removing the eye mesh was the easiest way to do the eyepatch. I think I did find a way to add a different texture to the eye during an experiment I did, which now I can't seem to replicate. Doing this would probably require changing the UV maps to make it work or making an option for a new texture.

Edited by robotguy4

19 hours ago, taniwha said:

That's pretty cool. However, a minor point of interest: apparently, most pirates had both eyes. The patch was to keep one eye in the dark so it would always be dark-adapted. Very useful when storming poorly lit ship holds.

Aye! Mythbusters taught me that :D

On 6/22/2016 at 5:06 AM, taniwha said:

That, and being around muskets and cannons wasn't very safe.  Even if you hadn't damaged one eye, you would cover one so that should some black power go off in your face you wouldn't loose the use of both.  Blacksmiths did the same.

4 hours ago, robotguy4 said:

What kind of specific behaviours? Is it mouth shaking?

Yes...
So.. I have to turn off reflections...
But the navball texture change is not working also... I'll wait for all that problems to get fixed before using texturereplacer again... I use it only for the navball... and the skybox...

Edited by luizopiloto